Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-06-29

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:48 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf006d3a2152bd2​ce688.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:52 llaske has quit IRC
04:48 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf006d3a2152bd2​ce688.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:53 llaske has quit IRC
06:13 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@2409:4063:219f:b592:e1e8:fd75:d179:8dbd> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:21 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
06:24 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@95-42-165-0.ip.btc-net.bg> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:25 Vrondir has quit IRC
06:48 llaske <llaske!~llaske@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:52 llaske has quit IRC
06:58 llaske <llaske!~llaske@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:00 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:00 llaske has quit IRC
07:23 llaske_ has quit IRC
07:24 llaske <llaske!~llaske@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:53 llaske has quit IRC
07:56 llaske <llaske!~llaske@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:57 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:35 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
08:59 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:54 llaske has quit IRC
11:03 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-flbcwiyyghfchdml> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:05 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:17 llaske <llaske!~llaske@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:14 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:19 ibiam has quit IRC
13:31 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
13:54 llaske has quit IRC
13:55 llaske <llaske!~llaske@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:56 llaske has quit IRC
13:56 llaske <llaske!~llaske@> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:36 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:50 ibiam has quit IRC
14:56 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@2409:4063:219f:b592:e1e8:fd75:d179:8dbd> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:56 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:58 ibiam has quit IRC
14:59 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:07 ibiam has quit IRC
15:13 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:22 ibiam has quit IRC
15:41 jaskirat has quit IRC
15:52 Abdul <Abdul!29be0c35@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:56 Abdul has quit IRC
16:09 iamzues has quit IRC
16:09 jaskiratsingh[m] has quit IRC
16:10 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/session> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:10 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-efrmoqwzqhpidncg> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:11 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:12 Abdul <Abdul!29be0c35@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:14 iamzues <iamzues!~iamzues@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:14 jaskiratsingh[m] <jaskiratsingh[m]!jaskiratsi@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-tgwhzuabjtllkwsi> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:15 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:16 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!3120a637@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:17 rishabhnambiar[m has quit IRC
16:17 abhiriot[m] has quit IRC
16:17 JatinD[noreply] has quit IRC
16:17 jaskiratsingh[m] has quit IRC
16:23 Pratul1997 <Pratul1997!2f0822ba@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 rishabh42 <rishabh42!~rishabh@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:26 iqra <iqra!b6ba89b0@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:27 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:29 walterbender hello everyone
16:29 vaibhavdaren Happy Birthday!!! Jaskirat :) :D
16:29 amanharitsh123 Hello :)
16:29 walterbender yes... happy birthday
16:29 vaibhavdaren hello
16:29 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!7bc93631@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:29 Pro-Panda Hi everyone
16:29 rdrsadhu Happy Birthday! :)
16:29 octamois Many many happy returns of the day Jaskirat :D
16:30 yashagrawal3 Hello everyone
16:30 jaskirat Hello
16:30 walterbender #start-meeting
16:30 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun 29 16:30:13 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 jaskirat octamois: rdrsadhu vaibhavdaren thanks a lot !
16:30 meeting Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:30 walterbender hello everyone
16:30 rishabh42 hey everyone
16:30 jaskirat Thanks for ypur wish
16:30 rdrsadhu Hello!
16:30 octamois Hello
16:30 walterbender I was at the Google Code-in summit this week.
16:30 rishabh42 happy bday jaskirat :)
16:30 jaskirat rishabh42: thanks a lot
16:30 walterbender I got a chance to meet Euan, one of our grand-prize winners :)
16:30 octamois A great open source event walterbender!
16:31 walterbender Lots of great people, talks, and conversations
16:31 shall we begin?
16:31 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 jaskirat walterbender: thats great !!! Hope that has been went amazing
16:31 walterbender this is an A-Z week
16:31 a-ritwik, I think you are first
16:32 a-ritwik I have added color to horizontal row for each ruler.
16:32 It is not repeating yet.
16:32 walterbender for the meter indicator
16:32 a-ritwik walterbender: yes
16:33 I worked to change marking on keyboard to do re mi instead of C D E ...
16:33 because pitch blocks show in do re mi
16:33 walterbender a-ritwik, would that not depend upon what the user chooses?
16:34 they can do either
16:34 or even Hertz
16:34 a-ritwik walterbender: What we should show by default?
16:34 walterbender by default, I think do re mi
16:34 a-ritwik walterbender: +1
16:35 walterbender a-ritwik, but if they put pitch blocks in the widget clamp, then whatever those blocks indicate should be used
16:35 a-ritwik walterbender: yes
16:35 walterbender they could even mix between representations Do D Mi F, 440, ...
16:36 a-ritwik To Do
16:36 walterbender it will be fun and a bit different from anything I have ever seen
16:36 also, the keys don't have to be ordered
16:36 a-ritwik walterbender: that would be nice and interesting.
16:37 TO DO
16:37 Setting keys based on pitch blocks in widget
16:37 walterbender a-ritwik, let's talk details afterwards... should not be so hard
16:37 we should move on
16:38 a-ritwik walterbender: okay, lets talk after meeting.
16:38 walterbender amanharitsh123,
16:38 amanharitsh123 Hey Everyone!! Hope you all are doing great :) . Task I have completed last week :
16:38 1) Earlier we were facing issue resolving local domain names on our rpi hostspot network. To enable this , dnsmasq has been added to the image and configurational changes are also made to udhcpd to send incoming dns requests to dnsmasq.
16:38 2) Url rewriting using nginx to map port 80 to 8080.
16:38 3) changing hostname.
16:38 4) making an offline image and testing it to make sure that everything works fine.
16:38 Lionel has tested and verified that the image works fine.There is no need to explicitly change the server address in sugarizer app on android , as it automatically connects with our local server now.
16:38 In today's meeting we have discussed that the next step of the project involves making a button that deployes sugarizer app on a cloud provider and providing a link to the same. It will be a one click deploy  button so a non dev user can also deploy its own instance of sugarizer on  a VPS.
16:38 for example: https://console.cloud.google.c[…]s/wordpress?pli=1
16:38 So this weeks task will be to explore more regarding this and complete as much work as I can ;)
16:39 walterbender sounds like fun
16:39 amanharitsh123 Yeah :D
16:40 walterbender amanharitsh123, please write up the details in your blog
16:40 amanharitsh123 I am updating my blog regularly :) , I will add this weeks progress soon
16:41 walterbender iqra, I think you are next?
16:41 iqra yes, hi
16:41 This week, I worked on the following points:  1.Fixed some issues in homeview of application. 2.Bring back the loader into the application 3.fixing some issues in android app like the XO color picker.
16:41 I will be working on the following things for the next week :  1. Bring back candy icons on homeview  2.Fix homeview of android app(make is responsive to different screen sizes) 3. will upload android and ios apps links on my blog once the issues are fixed. 4. work on  homeview icons so that they dont seem cluttered.
16:41 Blog link:   https://iqragsoc.wordpress.com[…]coding-10th-week/
16:42 jaskirat iqra: going great !!! Good one
16:43 iqra jaskirat thanks
16:43 walterbender any roadblocks?
16:43 ok
16:43 iqra yes faced roadblocks in homeview of android working on it
16:43 at the moment
16:44 **android app.   will update my blog post with more details soon
16:44 walterbender iqra, have you asked for help from the Sugarizer team?
16:44 iqra no I haven't I ask from help from samson,perrie etc
16:44 *I'll write an email to sugarizer team
16:44 ok
16:45 Abdul hi
16:45 Pro-Panda has quit IRC
16:46 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!3120a637@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:46 walterbender hey... I have a slight babysitting interruption. Can you guys continue the without me for a few minutes.
16:46 back ASAP
16:46 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:46 octamois Am I next?
16:47 manki11 Hi Mankirat here, progress till this week, i have fully implemented the MCQ template in exerciser activity. Screenhots and progress can be found here https://mankiratsinghtech.word[…]mer-of-code-2018/ . For the next week i am planning to sugarize the whole UI and implemnent localization. Current version of exerciser can be tried https://github.com/manki11/ExerciserReact just open build/index.html.
16:47 jaskirat manki11: hi since long
16:47 a-ritwik pikurasa: hi
16:47 pikurasa a-ritwik: hi
16:47 jaskirat pikurasa: hi
16:47 manki11 yeah, i was outside on fridays for a couple of weeks, but i have emailed my progress to walter regularly
16:48 octamois I think I'm next
16:48 Hello and greetings to everyone
16:49 jaskirat manki11: great
16:49 octamois This week has been full of ups and downs, I had some major family crisis last week so could not attend the meeting, now everything is back to normal
16:49 Abdul greetings octamois
16:50 Okay good to hear ctamois
16:50 octamois For this week, I looked into Pippy activity few bugs and ported help-activity to python3.
16:50 For next week, I'll work on 2-cars-activity and Telepathy port for Pippy activity. I have my blog for this week available at https://medium.com/@anmolmishr[…]code-ebaf94405101
16:51 Abdul: Hello :)
16:51 Pro-Panda: Thank you for testing last for me
16:51 *last week
16:51 jaskirat octamois: i guess we should wait for walterbender
16:51 Abdul Can you talk about the plans for the coming week
16:52 octamois Abdul , jaskirat : +1
16:53 Pro-Panda octamois: Please also review and fix your previous ports. none of them worked on my system
16:53 Abdul octamois: okay, good
16:53 octamois I will be working on Pippy activity first for remaining port of Telepathy, Quozl and Pro-Panda pointed out the bugs.
16:53 Pro-Panda octamois: I've left logs in PRs
16:54 octamois Pro-Panda: +1, I'll take a note
16:54 iqra has quit IRC
16:54 octamois That's all from my side this week.
16:54 Pro-Panda octamois: nutrition and AEIOU as well
16:54 jaskirat octamois: ok
16:55 Abdul Who's next?
16:56 Pratul1997 Hi Abdul
16:56 jaskirat Abdul: i guess we should wait
16:56 Abdul jaskirat: okay then
16:56 jaskirat Abdul: as maybe walterbender has something to ask/say to any particulars
16:56 Thanks
16:58 Abdul got it
17:00 pikurasa I think that we can go to the next person
17:00 vaibhavdaren yes
17:00 pikurasa and go back if needed
17:00 Pro-Panda octamois: instead of 2-cars-activity, maybe you can port fructose activities first.
17:01 pikurasa Who is next?
17:01 Pro-Panda Pratul1997
17:01 pikurasa and happy birthday, jaskirat
17:01 jaskirat pikurasa: thanks a lot , thanks
17:02 pikurasa Pratul1997: What did you do this week? Do you have any new blogbosts we may read?
17:02 jaskirat pikurasa: there is some issue which webwill be duscussing after the meeting
17:02 pikurasa: about Pratul1997 's project with walterbender
17:02 Abdul has quit IRC
17:03 Abdul <Abdul!29be0c35@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:03 Abdul lost connection
17:03 pikurasa a-ritwik: maybe you could go next?
17:03 As I am familiar with your work and could respond
17:03 a-ritwik pikurasa: I am done already
17:03 Pro-Panda pikurasa: I think I am next...
17:03 jaskirat pikurasa: i guess Pro-Panda is next
17:04 pikurasa oh, I see it now
17:04 Pro-Panda Hi everyone :-)
17:04 What did I do last week -
17:04 pikurasa looked at logs, but missed it the first time. Sorry
17:04 Pro-Panda - Fix datastore port and made debian packages here: https://github.com/Pro-Panda/sugar-packages
17:04 - Looked again in the modal window issue. Asked on gtk+ irc, didn't get a solution. Tried making the popup as Gtk.Popover, didn't succeed. FWIW, the ObjectChooser(sugar-toolkit-gtk3) instances are also not modal.
17:04 Next week plans -
17:04 - Back to telepathy porting (Once its done, we can also release Py2/3 version of Sugar Toolkit)
17:04 - Port more activities
17:05 Roadblocks: None as of now, thanks
17:05 EOF
17:05 rishabhnambiar[m <rishabhnambiar[m!rishabhnam@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-ofdgrmibuyjemuic> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:05 Pro-Panda Oh, and last week's blog post: https://www.pro-panda.tech/201[…]-24-GSoC-Dextrin/
17:05 pikurasa thanks Pro-Panda -- Any questions for the Panda?
17:06 Pro-Panda pikurasa: I see you are a Kung Fu Panda fan :P
17:07 ("the Panda" was a cliched statement in the movie)
17:07 pikurasa Pro-Panda One recommendation for your blog: I recommend documenting them in a more "human readable way". Right now, it is bullets of what you did. Instead, you could write it up in paragraphs; tell the story a little bit more)
17:08 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:08 pikurasa That is my only comment. Any other comments/questions?
17:08 who is next, btw?
17:08 rdrsadhu I'll go next
17:08 Pro-Panda pikurasa: Sure, I will update my writing style
17:08 jaskirat pikurasa: yup thats
17:08 pikurasa rdrsadhu: please report on your happenings
17:09 rdrsadhu hello everyone :)
17:09 (1) what I did during the week:
17:09 Moved and updated documentation of
17:09 Also added missing READMEs to
17:09 Poll, Portfolio, Story, Sugar Commander, Textdungeon
17:09 .
17:09 (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
17:09 My target is to complete all working activities within the next 2 weeks.
17:09 Abdul Pro-panda, nice blog, could use a little more text though
17:09 rdrsadhu .
17:10 (3) any concerns/roadblocks/issues:
17:10 None
17:10 thanks :)
17:10 Weekly Blog Posts are at https://rdrsadhu.github.io/blo[…]10-weekly-updates
17:10 jaskirat rdrsadhu: great ,
17:10 Pro-Panda Abdul: sure, thank you :-)
17:11 pikurasa rdrsadhu: are you on track to finish?
17:11 rdrsadhu pikurasa, yes
17:12 pikurasa rdrsadhu: I have the same comment for you that I gave Pro-Panda
17:12 llaske has quit IRC
17:12 rdrsadhu noted
17:12 llaske <llaske!~llaske@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:12 pikurasa you could tell the story more of what you did. For example: What was the challenge? How did you overcome it? All of that is interesting
17:12 Abdul rdrsadhu, also a great blog, but maybe not every reader is so technical. Because there are just a bunch of links to PRs. Could also use more explanation
17:13 pikurasa: +1
17:13 walterbender is back
17:13 pikurasa Abdul: +1
17:13 Any questions for rdrsadhu?
17:13 welcome back walterbender
17:13 we all tried our best without you :p
17:13 Abdul welcome back
17:13 :)
17:13 jaskirat .
17:14 walterbender reading the backlog... looks like good work this week
17:14 vaibhavdaren, is it your turn?
17:14 vaibhavdaren :D :)
17:14 yes
17:14 jaskirat walterbender: yup
17:14 vaibhavdaren Please have a look at the blog for pictures.
17:14 https://vaibhavdaren.wordpress[…]te-for-exercises/
17:14 [Screenshots are attached in above]
17:14 I have created a webpage- as a companion site for the interactive exercises.I  have completed the initial design and want feedback for the same.
17:14 Please have a look
17:15 The source code is available at:-
17:15 https://github.com/vaibhavdare[…]rials/tutcompsite
17:15 once the initial design is verified by the mentors I would like to like to finalize these the changes.
17:15 Next Weeks tasks:-
17:15 1)finalise the changes in the companion website and add the medium difficulty levels.
17:15 2)My mentor Jaskirat has said he has in mind ideas for the artwork for which he provided suggestions and I will implement those changes.
17:15 i.e.change sample images to the artwork.
17:15 3) change the fill of box set a  fix width so all the containers are at the same level
17:15 jaskirat walterbender: yes we had discussion about this on hangours
17:15 vaibhavdaren My only roadblock is that read pixel block is not working.
17:15 and my mentor walterbender has told me that he would help me and is currently in the process of resolving the issue.
17:15 walterbender vaibhavdaren, still working on it...
17:16 jaskirat Moreover i suggested some changes to the previous challenges
17:16 walterbender had no power on the airplane last night, so not as much accomplished as hoped
17:16 vaibhavdaren, you saw the example I shared from oppia?
17:16 pikurasa, did you see it as well?
17:16 llaske has quit IRC
17:17 Abdul vaibhavdaren: i think you should use the github pages to show the webpage
17:17 walterbender a bit more narrative than we have been using
17:17 vaibhavdaren yes i liked the concept
17:17 abdul:+1
17:17 walterbender as Abdul points out, some of that could be in a markdown page in the wiki
17:17 not wiki, github
17:18 vaibhavdaren yes :) the plan is to have something like a portal
17:18 walterbender rather than maintaining a separate website
17:18 jaskirat walterbender: yes that can be better
17:18 vaibhavdaren which presents challenges based on difficulty
17:18 walterbender let's stick to github pages until we need some functionality
17:19 vaibhavdaren okay sure
17:19 walterbender anything else for today?
17:20 yashagrawal3 walterbender, Hi!
17:20 walterbender hi yashagrawal3
17:20 yashagrawal3 Hello! first of all sorry that I have not been here for last few meetings, but I will be here from now on.
17:20 My gsoc work till now: 10 activities have been ported to GTK+3, 8 activities have open pull request and are under review, changes are being made in them as suggested. 4 other activities that I have done some work but are not ready for pull request just yet. Other than these there are 3 activities in which I spent a lot of time but wasn't able to fix due to some or the other issue in it, so after discussion with Ibiam it
17:20 jaskirat walterbender: wanted to discuss about Pratul1997 project , i guess after meeting we can discuss
17:20 yashagrawal3 was deferred for later.
17:20 visit: https://yashagrawal3.github.io/tag/gsoc/ to see my weekly update, I will soon update it with last week's blog. Walter, please update link in wiki page with this, thanks. Also, I am in constant touch with Ibiam to keep him updated with the project/issue I face/ What I am planning to do next couple of days.
17:20 what I did last week: I worked on Flipsticks, SocialCalc, Erikos, adivinanz, block-party, panorama, Geotonky and Turtle flag activity.
17:21 pikurasa walterbender: I did see oppia. It reminded me of MacGamut, which I used in college, except oppia is web-based (and probably a few other things that I did not yet explore)
17:21 yashagrawal3 For next week I plan to work on the 4 activities(Turtle Flag, calenderio, colgadito and Cuidarme) and get some already open pull request merged :)
17:21 walterbender yashagrawal3, cannot you update the wiki?
17:21 yashagrawal3, is Turtle Confusion finally working?
17:21 Abdul has quit IRC
17:21 pikurasa walterbender: thanks for sending it over. It might be something I can recommend for others
17:21 ibiam hey everyone
17:21 yashagrawal3 I can, but I thought you maintaining it, never mind I will.
17:22 walterbender yashagrawal3, wiki protocol is different than git protocol :)
17:22 yashagrawal3 Yes, Though a issue is still open in it, but pull request has been merged and almost everything works perfectly
17:23 walterbender pikurasa, also, if you could test my FF patch... I think it is a big improvement, but I want it tested thoroughly before merging :P
17:23 yashagrawal3, I will try to test this weekend
17:23 yashagrawal3 walterbender, okay, thanks!
17:23 walterbender Pratul1997, you were deferred?
17:23 shall we discuss your project?
17:23 Pratul1997 yes
17:23 jaskirat walterbender: yup
17:23 pikurasa walterbender: ok. Is it performance-related?
17:24 ibiam_ <ibiam_!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:24 Pratul1997 Hello Walter, as discussed with my fellow mentors in the initial phase before the first evaluation, In my second phase of evaluation, my job was to make the backend of the dashboard in NodeJs.
17:24 walterbender pikurasa, it has to do with the bug about changing numbers and text
17:24 ibiam_ has quit IRC
17:24 jaskirat walterbender: actually as you know that Avinash Bharti is working on Sugar Social
17:24 walterbender they changes not taking...
17:24 Pratul1997 And in the third phase of evaluation, the job was to make the front end of the dashboard and showcasing the sugar-doc repo in it.
17:24 jaskirat And he has already developed the dashboard
17:24 Pratul1997 I am working great with my planned timeline, this week I have added https secured network and upload features in my dashboard for user images, adding cookies features and few other small things.
17:25 ibiam_ <ibiam_!~ibiam@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:25 Pratul1997 Challenges:
17:25 walterbender I have not seen his dashboard
17:25 Pratul1997 Kindly refer to http://lists.sugarlabs.org/arc[…]-June/055501.html Now as Avinash is making the sugar-social project, it is containing a dashboard, and it was also the part of my project, so making two dashboards for sugarlabs community would not be fruitful. He is working on Django and I am working on NodeJs
17:25 walterbender but I think the dashboard we need for our developer community is quite targeted
17:25 jaskirat Now there is a bit clashing of these two projects as we cannot have 2 dashboards
17:26 walterbender I had imagined that the Sugar Social project was targeting users, not developers
17:26 Did I miss something?
17:26 Pratul1997 No
17:26 jaskirat walterbender: yup but that was already proposed in the proposal timeline and was left for second evaluations
17:27 walterbender let's keep Pratul1997 on the path he is on
17:27 jaskirat walterbender: yup but there is not much difference in dashboard !
17:27 Pratul1997 walterbender: okay
17:27 ibiam has quit IRC
17:27 ibiam_ is now known as ibiam
17:28 Pratul1997 walterbender: the problem is now sorted
17:28 walterbender Pratul1997, jaskirat maybe you can ask for contibutions to the dashboard you are developing
17:29 and if the user dashboard can on board users into the developer community, that'd be a good way to reconcile
17:29 Pratul1997 I will be adding OAuth authentication in next week of Facebook
17:29 pikurasa needs to leave now. Thanks everyone
17:29 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:29 walterbender but users and developers have very different needs
17:30 so it is hard to image a lot of overlap
17:30 I would think the user dashboard would be more like the ASLO3 project than what Pratul1997 is working on
17:31 but I have not had time to follow that work
17:31 Pratul1997 walterbender: Okay so we both can target different audience and it will be great way to reconcile ,I agree
17:31 walterbender +1
17:31 a-ritwik, you have a few minutes?
17:31 a-ritwik walterbender: of course
17:32 walterbender a-ritwik, here is what I thought we could do
17:32 jaskirat walterbender: yes but i think the things that were propesd by social project has not added any much difference
17:32 walterbender: in the last meeting hebtold so i guess Pratul1997  can begin with it and i will help him out more with more ideas if you don't mind
17:32 Ok
17:32 walterbender keep an array in the widget that gets initialized when the widget block is encountered
17:32 manki11 has quit IRC
17:33 walterbender then any pitch block seen in the widget adds an entry to the array.
17:33 those notes in that order will be used
17:33 if the array is empty, use the default pitches
17:34 the trick part will be distinguishing between C D E and do re mi
17:34 but ignore that for the moment
17:34 make sense?
17:34 a-ritwik walterbender: do we also need to use Hz?
17:34 walterbender you can use essentially the same logic as we use in the Note block
17:35 hertx would come from the hertz block
17:35 a-ritwik walterbender: yes, makes sense
17:35 walterbender but you can ignore that at first
17:35 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
17:35 walterbender anyway, the note block clamp is used to accumulate an array of pitches (and drums). We can do the same thing.
17:36 For that matter, some of the keys could be graphics commands as well
17:36 a-ritwik walterbender: like move.
17:36 walterbender in fact, I could image using the keybaord to program just about anything we want
17:36 but one step at a time
17:37 forward 100
17:37 right 90
17:37 set color 0
17:37 a-ritwik walterbender: yes, nice idea
17:37 walterbender but get the basics working first
17:37 repurpose the note logic
17:38 (we might want to do some refactoring to reduce the redundancy in the code, but that can come later too)
17:39 a-ritwik walterbender: we need to mark on each key on keyboard what pressing that will do.
17:39 walterbender yes... but you can ignore that in the first pass too
17:39 one step at a time
17:39 a-ritwik walterbender: OK I will start from do re mi and C D E
17:40 walterbender: I will mail this discussion to Devin
17:43 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:43 walterbender I think that is everyone and everything for today
17:44 #end-meeting
17:44 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun 29 17:44:20 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:44 jaskirat Yup
17:44 meeting Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-29T16:30:13.html
17:44 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-29T16:30:13
17:44 ibiam walterbender, ping
17:44 vaibhavdaren yes
17:44 walterbender pong
17:45 ibiam how's are you doing?
17:45 walterbender busy busy busy
17:46 ibiam noticed
17:46 i sent you a mail regards an image
17:46 but it's cool
17:46 did you travel?
17:46 JatinD[noreply] <JatinD[noreply]!jatindhank@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-ilgpybompeapwywd> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:46 abhiriot[m] <abhiriot[m]!abhiriotma@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-haclmkcejserkjfg> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:46 jaskiratsingh[m] <jaskiratsingh[m]!jaskiratsi@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-agwrxbcewlaslajt> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:47 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
17:48 jaskirat walterbender: did you see the sugar social ?
17:48 a-ritwik has quit IRC
17:50 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:51 walterbender ibiam, I will ty to catch up... 200+ messages in my inbox right now
17:51 ibiam sure thing
17:54 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
17:59 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@2409:4063:219f:b592:e1e8:fd75:d179:8dbd> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:59 rishabh42 has quit IRC
17:59 vaibhavdaren has quit IRC
18:00 ibiam has quit IRC
18:00 walterbender ibiam, I just looked at your icon
18:00 I removed all of the crazy inkscape stuff -- you should use save-as simple-svg
18:00 emacs previews the icon fine
18:00 but the browser doesn't seem to like the entity code
18:02 rishabh42 <rishabh42!~rishabh@> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:12 Pro-Panda has quit IRC
18:14 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0040759ec44f7​114e6.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:19 llaske has quit IRC
18:30 manki11 has quit IRC
18:31 rishabh42 has quit IRC
19:14 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:47 manki11 has quit IRC
19:57 sverma <sverma!~sverma@2607:fb90:9eb3:6d8b:8b2b:7c1e:2cba:ba83> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:02 sverma has quit IRC
20:31 jaskirat has quit IRC
20:42 samsongoddy has quit IRC
20:42 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:47 samsongoddy has quit IRC
20:58 walterbender has quit IRC
21:16 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:21 samsongoddy has quit IRC
21:39 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:49 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
21:55 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:56 walterbender has quit IRC
22:04 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:09 walterbender has quit IRC
22:45 samsongoddy has quit IRC
22:46 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:48 samsongoddy has quit IRC
22:49 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:54 samsongoddy has quit IRC
22:56 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:32 CanoeBerry2 is now known as CanoeBerry
23:32 walterbender has quit IRC
23:33 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:40 walterbender has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.