Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#treehouse, 2011-02-01

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
21:29 meeting Meeting started Tue Feb  1 21:29:54 2011 UTC. The chair is dogi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
21:30 dogi #topic treehouse summary of 2010
21:31 silbe #pingall Meeting starts
21:32 dogi #link http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/treehouse
21:32 silbe dogi: please do "#addchair silbe" or above command :)
21:32 dogi #addchair silbe
21:32 silbe #pingall Meeting starts
21:33 dogi #pingall Meeting starts
21:33 silbe doesn't seem to work :-/
21:33 not that bernie is in this channel in the first place...
21:34 dogi #info uptime 16:33:43 up 328 days,  3:25,  2 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.46, 1.27
21:34 #link http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…]bs.org/index.html
21:34 silbe I've pinged him in #sugar
21:34 dogi thx silbe
21:35 silbe but I haven't seen him write anything on IRC all day, so I doubt he'll join us
21:36 dogi #info is dom0 for:
21:36 #link http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…].org/libvirt.html
21:37 <- there is a nice pootle outbreak
21:38 #info treehouse status is stable
21:38 silbe yeah, it took full CPU and didn't respond. Had to reset it.
21:38 BTW, we should still reboot treehouse for the kernel update.
21:38 dogi ty silbe your karma increased by 1 point :P
21:39 ack
21:39 other plans
21:39 upgrade the cpus from dualcore to quadcore
21:39 silbe I also granted dirakx sudo rights so he can administer Pootle (unmadindu stopped doing so several months ago). Another karma point? ;)
21:40 dogi bernie and /me did some research there
21:40 silbe, sure
21:40 silbe FWIW, I talked to Bernie about that and I'm not sure it'll help much. I'd expect memory bandwidth to be more of an issue than the number of cores.
21:40 dogi has to remember to give alsroot and bernie many karmapoints
21:41 alsroot is going to decrease them by using OBS on jita
21:41 silbe lol
21:42 dogi #idea reboot machine ... visit colo with bernie
21:42 alsroot, wait until i arrive to housetree
21:43 silbe dogi: doesn't treehouse have iLO? We could do the reboot remotely and only send you and bernie there if it fails.
21:43 dogi #idea upgrade CPUs and/or add Harddrives
21:43 silbe, sure
21:43 silbe or try it remotely while you're already there just in case it fails :)
21:43 dogi +1
21:44 silbe HDs would be useful. We're almost out of space due to moving the sunjammer backups there
21:44 dogi we wanted to upgrade the cpu and to test all the ram anyway
21:44 alsroot dogi: about obs on jita, it might be used in production mode in 2 months
21:44 dogi alsroot, hmmm
21:45 alsroot s/obs/bazaar/ ie patched vesion of obs
21:45 silbe I've just checked CPU usage and only 1-2 of currently 4 cores seem to get used during normal operation.
21:45 dogi so now to housetree
21:45 #link http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/housetree
21:46 #info uptime 16:35:01 up 156 days,  8:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.39, 1.12, 2.12
21:47 #link http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…]bs.org/index.html
21:47 #info is dom0 of:
21:48 #link http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…].org/libvirt.html
21:48 <- jita
21:49 SMParrish, on housetree I found an old maltose raw file
21:49 is that still needed
21:49 alsroot cpu usage on jita itself, http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…]labs.org/cpu.html
21:50 dogi -rw-r--r-- 1 smparrish smparrish 10737418240 2010-09-13 18:28 maltose.raw
21:50 -rw-r--r-- 1 smparrish smparrish        1281 2010-09-13 18:40 maltose.xml
21:50 silbe wow, we need to give housetree something to do ;)
21:51 dogi lol
21:51 http://activitycentral.com/
21:51 ???
21:51 silbe alsroot: so jita (running on housetree) is the VM that's going to do the software building?
21:52 dogi: you've been absent for a rather long time it seems :D
21:52 full disclosure: I'm paid by AC.
21:52 dogi lol
21:52 but its hosted by us ...
21:53 silbe yep, AC is backed by SL infrastructure. All our work is Open Source.
21:53 dogi silbe, sry
21:53 alsroot silbe: it handles several services, I was planing to use it for builds as well
21:54 at least for the first time
21:54 dogi #action dogi finish http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/M[…]template-maverick
21:55 silbe alsroot: What do you think about putting build slaves on housetree (=> jita, other VMs) and the "interactive" services (Jabber, OBS frontend, etc.) on treehouse? That way the build slaves don't affect performance of the interactive services.
21:56 dogi alsroot, silbe, have leave for 15min but please go on
21:56 silbe #action alsroot,bernie,Nubae coordinate on setting up Puppet for the build slaves (and potentially other VMs)
21:56 ;)
21:57 dogi: I should go to bed soon, will get thrown out of bed somewhat early tomorrow
21:58 alsroot silbe: having all services puppetize (jist is entirely puppetized), moving service from here to there is not a problem, so it is not critical and might be fixed when build will happen
21:58 *puppetized
21:58 dogi #addchair alsroot
21:58 silbe alsroot: Nice.
22:18 alsroot silbe: offtopic, a question to one of glucose maints, what about having sucrose-* as a forks (not branches), and rename dextrose patches repo to sucrose-0.88
22:19 silbe alsroot: I'll answer in #sugar
22:22 dogi is back
22:22 silbe needs to go in 20 minutes
22:23 dogi the main systems on treehouse/housetree are
22:23 aslo-web
22:23 pootle
22:24 jita
22:24 and lightwave
22:25 silbe, is dirax.. the new pootle maintainer?
22:26 silbe, other question is bender still doing all this http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/M[…]template-maverick ??
22:27 silbe dogi: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Service/Pootle
22:27 dogi ups
22:27 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/bender
22:27 silbe dogi: bender is still in operation and hosting the build slaves
22:29 dogi I m asking because http://munin.sugarlabs.org/sug[…]iz.org/index.html
22:29 is not showing them anymore
22:30 are you using only qemu? without kvm/libvirt
22:32 silbe dogi: probably got broken by an update. We still use buggy libvirtd.
22:33 it's interesting that there's an about 50% system usage "base line".
22:33 dogi action silbe: look into why munin does not show kvm/libvirt machines
22:34 silbe if a VM had gone renegade, I'd have expected 100% usage...
22:34 dogi ok?
22:34 silbe dogi: not sure I'll have time for that soon
22:35 dogi can you at least write down this known error somewhere ... eg in the wiki
22:36 with that we reached the end of this meeting
22:36 thank you silbe and alsroot
22:36 hope to see you next week
22:37 #endmeeting
22:37 meeting Meeting ended Tue Feb  1 22:37:08 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
22:37 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/t[…]-01T21:29:54.html
22:37 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/t[…]11-02-01T21:29:54

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.