Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#treehouse, 2011-03-08

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
21:13 meeting Meeting started Tue Mar  8 21:13:06 2011 UTC. The chair is dogi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
21:13 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
21:13 chrowe hi
21:13 dogi #topic new limit of vcpus for VMs
21:13 hi chrowe
21:14 chrowe_ <chrowe_!~crowe@pool-70-19-160-26.bos.east.verizon.net> has joined #treehouse
21:15 dogi last tuesday I was with bernie on a kernel summit in NY
21:15 and there I learned a lot new things about kvm
21:16 _bernie sorry, can't meet now. i'm at work :-(
21:16 dogi and the future plans of red hat with that
21:16 _bernie i'll lurk in the channel, ping me if i'm really needed
21:16 dogi svirt module
21:17 which will be the new security part
21:18 #link http://munin.sugarlabs.org/cgi[…]g/libvirt-day.png
21:18 #info to avoid problems like the red peak in the picture
21:19 #info the main strategy is to give to VMs only n-1 vcpus
21:20 which means that we have to fix all of our VMs
21:20 cause they are using 4 and not 3
21:20 pingall
21:21 meeting pingall this means in the end all VMs have to be rebooted
21:21 meeting this means in the end all VMs have to be rebooted
21:21 _bernie alsroot_away CanoeBerry chrowe chrowe_ dirakx1 djbclark dogi erikg meeting replaceafill rgs SMParrish
21:21 this means in the end all VMs have to be rebooted
21:21 dirakx1 hi.
21:21 dogi hi dirakx1
21:22 dirakx1 when should we reboot VMs ?.
21:22 dogi When is the best time to do this?
21:22 dirakx1, yes but maybe I should be doing this
21:23 dirakx1 dogi: ok.
21:23 dunno but sunday seems to be best time to me.
21:24 dogi :) good answer
21:24 #info pootle2 will be rebooted sunday
21:24 chrowe__ <chrowe__!~crowe@pool-70-19-166-48.bos.east.verizon.net> has joined #treehouse
21:26 dogi aslo-web lightwave dextrose subuntu rt zatoichi
21:26 are the other machines ...
21:26 replaceafill dogi, can i restart the schooltool vm now?
21:26 dogi hi replaceafill
21:26 no have to first change the VM config
21:26 replaceafill ah ok
21:26 dogi but when is the best day for your VM to be rebooted ...
21:27 tonight?
21:27 chrowe__ dogi: I am over here now
21:27 replaceafill sure
21:27 dogi hi chrowe__
21:27 sees 3 chrowes
21:27 :)
21:28 was wondering if chrowe wants to move his ole stuff from sunjammer to a VM ....
21:28 chrowe_ has quit IRC
21:28 chrowe__ dogi: I think we killed the olevm so all I am using is sunjammer. Just give me a time and I can test things after the reboot.
21:29 dogi alsroot_away, _bernie silbe please tell me the best time to reboot the other VMs
21:29 replaceafill has quit IRC
21:29 chrowe__ dogi: I would rather not at this point since we are out of funding and not doing any further development.
21:29 dogi ok
21:29 #topic new munin for treehouse
21:29 #link http://monitoring.treehouse.su/munin/index.html
21:30 #info will add all the sugarVMs there
21:30 sugarbush (1-3)
21:31 and tree (1-6)
21:31 and dextra
21:31 #action add sugarbush (1-3),tree (1-6) and dextra to munin.t.s
21:32 #action dogi reboot all VMs on treehouse and housetree
21:33 rgs, serepen..... will be rebooted too
21:33 _bernie dogi, chrowe__: i think there's no problem keeping the ole parts on sunjammer, as long as we could fix the drupal modules that don't work with php 5.3
21:33 dogi hi _bernie
21:33 has to go
21:33 #endmeeting
21:33 meeting Meeting ended Tue Mar  8 21:33:40 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
21:33 Minutes: http://meeting.treehouse.su/tr[…]-08T21:13:06.html
21:33 Log:     http://meeting.treehouse.su/tr[…]11-03-08T21:13:06

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster