Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2019-08-05 16:30:27

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:30 meeting Meeting started Mon Aug  5 16:30:27 2019 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:30 walterbender #chair pro-panda
16:30 meeting Current chairs: pro-panda walterbender
16:30 fakela has quit IRC
16:31 walterbender I think we are z to a this week
16:31 pro-panda Yes
16:31 walterbender Swarup14, would you like to begin?
16:31 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!dce3e54d@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 Swarup14 Yes
16:32 Work I did this week
16:32 fakela <fakela!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 Swarup14 1) Merged Chat-activity (PR: #19)
16:32 2) Convert-activity (PR: #30, #31, #32)
16:32 3) Write-activity (PR: #7). Initial work has been done by tckmn already, requires more testing and user experience changes.
16:32 I apologise for being inactive in the last few days. I had listed out releasing activities on ASLO as my primarytask for the previous week, but I did not complete it.
16:32 I have compiled my Second Evaluation work for the blog post. I have very little to add, and I shall upload all the contentwithin the next 12 hours
16:32 Work for the following week
16:33 1) Releasing activities on ASLO. (Top priority)
16:33 Aniket <Aniket!~Aniket@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:33 Aniket hello everyone
16:33 Swarup14 2) Continue to work on other activities, (Letters-activity, Write-activity)
16:34 as well as Jukebox-activity
16:34 Thanks
16:34 pro-panda Swarup14: also working towards closing the open PRs ;-)
16:34 Swarup14 Yes pro-panda
16:35 I shall, I have quite a number of them still unmerged
16:35 I shall work towards that as well.
16:35 pro-panda Thanks
16:35 AvinashAgarwal has quit IRC
16:35 walterbender Swarup14, any blockers?
16:36 Swarup14 No Walter
16:36 walterbender sparsh0204, you want to go next?
16:36 sparsh0204 sure
16:36 ashish09 <ashish09!7561a7af@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:36 sparsh0204 Last week work -
16:37 * Worked on implementing a stop button for musical keyboard to stop the play of music.
16:37 * Added visual graphic for play note
16:37 * Worked on the way notes get sorted and displayed in the musical keyboard.
16:37 * Improved the playback time.
16:37 Link to my blog - https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-88484d88bcfd
16:37 Link to my work - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1801
16:37 AvinashAgarwal <AvinashAgarwal!75d3566d@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:37 sparsh0204 This week I am planning to work on either advanced record function for musical keyboard or on edit note function on musical keyboard.
16:37 That's all from my side
16:38 walterbender sparsh0204, maybe you can use the "star" icon for beginner vs advanced mode on the keyboard?
16:38 advanced mode would record note timing
16:38 sparsh0204 yes we can do that
16:38 walterbender also I merged the first batch of changes this morning :)
16:39 any questions for sparsh0204 ?
16:39 sparsh0204, you should point out that the phrasemaker code all landed too...
16:39 (with a few tweaks to make translation work properly)
16:40 sparsh0204 thanks, I forgot to mention that
16:40 walterbender I asked the team in Japan to test it.
16:41 NikhilM98, you ready to report?
16:41 NikhilM98 Yeah
16:42 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:42 1. Start working on Sugarizer-Server Analytics
16:42 2. Debug the issue with uploading files <100mb
16:42 3. Finish implementing the (step by step) Sugarizer-Server tour
16:42 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]se-x-fa6654409659
16:42 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:42 Link to the PR:
16:42 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/196
16:43 walterbender Any blockers? everything on track?
16:43 NikhilM98 Let me paste links one by one
16:43 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/195
16:43 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/196
16:43 Yeah. Everything seems to be on track
16:44 walterbender thanks
16:44 AvinashAgarwal has quit IRC
16:44 walterbender Hrishi_, are you here?
16:44 ashish09 Can I go first , I have bad internet connection , not sure how long it will work ?
16:45 walterbender OK... I think Hrishi_ was going to be late.
16:45 ashish09,
16:46 ashish09 work done last week
16:46 AvinashAgarwal <AvinashAgarwal!75d3566d@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:46 ashish09 fix image resize feature for mobile and touch
16:46 Devices
16:46 add font size increase and decrease button rather than select option
16:47 -add initial message on new session
16:47 -replace word icon by doc icon
16:47 link to blog - https://medium.com/@ashish0910[…]g-10-de3fc0628c13
16:48 That's all , any questions ?
16:48 walterbender any blockers?
16:48 seems to be wrapping up
16:48 ashish09 No , not as of now
16:48 walterbender thx ashish09
16:48 fakela, are you there?
16:48 fakela Yes
16:48 Am here
16:48 walterbender please report
16:48 fakela Okay
16:49 What I did this week was setting up a local server due to cors issue of FF68
16:49 And also DevTools analysis ... looking for areas for that consumes CPU and memory leak
16:49 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]-----------------
16:50 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]-----------------
16:50 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]-----------------
16:50 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]-----------------
16:50 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]-----------------
16:51 For this week:
16:51 My task is on packaging the local server so it can be launched as an app on desktop using electron and further devtool analysis
16:51 walterbender fakela, can you take a look in the widget code (esp. the PhraseMaker -- pitchtimematrix.js) to see if the async is applicable)
16:51 fakela Okay will take a look at it
16:51 walterbender there are performance issues on some machines for that widget and I think your approach would help.
16:51 thx
16:52 fakela The electron have started with it
16:52 walterbender any blockers?
16:52 fakela None for now
16:52 https://medium.com/@favourkelv[…]k-10-3537b7c11710
16:52 walterbender I can put you in touch with Yu (who did the original work on Electron for MB) if you have questions.
16:52 fakela Link to blog
16:52 walterbender thx
16:52 fakela Alright thank you
16:52 walterbender AvinashAgarwal, your turn...
16:53 AvinashAgarwal Yes, sure.
16:53 Last week I was involved in adding tutorials in Exerciser and Integrating Image Editor so that pictures can be edited when using in exercises.
16:53 PR 1: https://github.com/llaske/ExerciserReact/pull/80
16:53 PR 2: https://github.com/llaske/ExerciserReact/pull/83
16:53 Blog Link: https://avinashagarwal14.github.io/gsoc-blog/
16:53 Hrishi_ will go after everyone is done
16:53 walterbender I can imagine pictures help quite a bit.
16:54 AvinashAgarwal The next week's task will be discussed with my mentor at your weekly meeting in an hour.
16:54 llaske <llaske!~lionel@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:55 AvinashAgarwal Yes, now that the journal's space is increased, addition of image editor is useful.
16:55 walterbender any blockers? any questions?
16:55 AvinashAgarwal None for now.
16:56 fakela has quit IRC
16:57 walterbender Aniket, your turn
16:57 Aniket Yeah Sure
16:57 Work I did last week
16:57 * Worked on packaging of sugar-datastore.
16:57 * Worked on packaging of toolkit.
16:58 Same are the targets for this week as well
16:59 pro-panda Thanks.
16:59 fakela <fakela!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:59 Aniket :-)
17:00 walterbender any questions for Aniket ?
17:00 pro-panda None from me
17:01 walterbender thx Aniket
17:01 Hrishi_, are you here now?
17:01 Hrishi_ walterbender: yes
17:02 Last week I worked on 1) Finishing up the Dashboard Integration 2) Fixing remaining issues with Dashboard Activity -> 3) Make the image in the details view larger and fix the issue with treeview. Ibiam and samsongoddy have reported two new issues today which I plan to fix tomorrow
17:03 This week I will work on: 1) Open draft PRs so others can test and for code review 2) Fix issues with building sugar from by feature branches
17:03 3) Fix remaining and upcoming issues
17:03 Blog: https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]s-11-f35c9230e65d
17:03 walterbender Hrishi_, did you ever figure out the problem with updating the PO files?
17:03 I was certain that the file I pointed you to would do the trick.
17:03 Hrishi_ walterbender: Nope, I tried a few things but no avail
17:04 walterbender please ask on the devel list.
17:04 Hrishi_ walterbender: The makefile.in is created during the build AFAIK.
17:04 walterbender: will do
17:04 I was waiting for opening draft PRs for it to be answered,
17:04 walterbender ok
17:05 Hrishi_ That's all from me. Any questions?
17:05 walterbender no blockers?
17:06 Hrishi_ walterbender: Not for now. Had a few last weeks which were resolved
17:06 walterbender OK. thanks everyone.
17:06 Hrishi_ Thanks :)
17:06 walterbender nice to see the return of a few missing persons :P
17:06 have a fun and productive week.
17:06 #end-meeting
17:06 meeting Meeting ended Mon Aug  5 17:06:54 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:06 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-05T16:30:27.html
17:06 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-08-05T16:30:27

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.