Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2019-07-29 16:30:29

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:30 meeting Meeting started Mon Jul 29 16:30:29 2019 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:30 walterbender Happy to announce that everyone passed the 2nd milestone review :)
16:31 Let's begin with NikhilM9853 today and work our way toward Aniket ?
16:31 NikhilM9853 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:32 1: Complete journal prototype
16:32 2: Implement tutorials flows
16:32 3: Start working on analytics
16:32 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]e-ix-e636fa66e99e
16:32 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:32 Link to the PR:
16:32 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/193
16:33 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/195
16:33 walterbender sounds like a good week
16:34 fakela <fakela!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:34 walterbender any questions for NikhilM9853 ?
16:34 sparsh0204 <sparsh0204!31248147@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:34 walterbender Thanks NikhilM9853
16:34 Hrishi_, why don't you go next?
16:35 fakela Hello
16:35 Hrishi_ Alright!
16:35 walterbender hi fakela sparsh0204
16:35 sparsh0204, check out my tweaks to your PR
16:35 they are merged
16:35 sparsh0204 hello
16:35 Hrishi_ This week I worked on 1) Fixing scaling issues for XO (according to tests by ibiam, everything is fine now)
16:35 2) Integrate Dashboard to core sugar
16:35 Integration so far has been smooth
16:36 walterbender Hrishi_, do you have screenshots from #1?
16:36 (and #2 for that matter)
16:36 Hrishi_ Nope. I will have to ask ibiam for that
16:36 walterbender that you can include in your blog?
16:36 Hrishi_ https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]s-10-d6fe3c00afd0
16:36 I've included a GIF.
16:37 This week I plan to work on redesigning tamagotchi artwork and finishing dashboard integration
16:37 walterbender Hrishi_, a couple of things to think about
16:37 Hrishi_ I will be off for two days as I said earlier
16:37 walterbender with Ibiam's help
16:38 (1) on the XO, I am not sure there is room for the additional button the Journal toolbar. Maybe have him test.
16:38 (2) Maybe Perrie can help design an icon for the Dashboard button?
16:38 Hrishi_ For 2, I can use the Dashboard "activity" icon
16:39 walterbender and (2) maybe the layout should adapt better to the screen to preclude the need to do so much scrolling?
16:39 ^(2)^(3)
16:39 in any case, great progress
16:39 Hrishi_ for 1, I don't think that will be the case since I am on a 800x600 res device. I will ask him
16:40 walterbender Have him try with the screen rotated as well...
16:40 any blockers? any questions?
16:40 Hrishi_ walterbender: Thanks. I need to see how dynamic resizing of each grid cell size should work. But 800x600 is unrealistic, the minimum we use is 1200x900 so it is fine (maybe)
16:40 walterbender: ask
16:40 *will ask
16:41 walterbender fakela, do you want to go next?
16:41 fakela Alright
16:41 Sure
16:42 This week my task has been on chrome dev analysis and looking for areas of optimization and looking for best ways to do that
16:42 In my blog I had to state how the changes made so far helps performance
16:43 And why does changes where needed
16:43 “Week 9” by Favour Kelvin https://link.medium.com/3mt0RK3OIY
16:43 walterbender fakela, re CORS, were you able to come up with a work-around? I couldn't quite tell from your comment on the Issue
16:43 fakela Oh okay
16:43 On cors
16:43 walterbender for running on local
16:44 fakela For running on local I had no problem on my end
16:44 walterbender FireFox 68 is much more strict re cross-origin than 67
16:45 fakela Will still look into it ....it's from the service worker code
16:45 walterbender hmmm. I run into all sorts of problems. You are sure you are on FF68?
16:45 fakela Yes
16:45 walterbender Anyone else have insight into CORS???
16:46 fakela But will look at the cors on service worker
16:47 Will get back to you
16:47 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf006d85e4e666d​25445.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:47 fakela Once I come up with something on that
16:48 walterbender Thank fakela
16:48 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00dca5961a698​7eef2.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:48 walterbender Aniket, I think you are next
16:49 fakela Thank you
16:49 Aniket Yeah sure
16:49 Work I did in the last week~
16:49 * Worked on finding out a way to build multiversion packages.
16:49 * Made a pr to fix flake 8 in chat.
16:49 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/chat/pull/26)
16:49 I was not able to contribute much in the last week, due to some university involvements. I will try to cover it up this week.
16:49 Work for this week~
16:49 * Focus on packaging part.
16:49 * Work on gwebsockets.
16:50 Thanks
16:50 walterbender Aniket, OK.
16:50 any blockers?
16:51 Aniket Not exactly a blocker but I am not yet able to figure out the packaging part of the toolkit
16:51 walterbender I've seen a bit of the back and forth... I am ignorant re packaging.
16:51 llaske has quit IRC
16:52 fakela has quit IRC
16:52 Aniket We are left with Packaging and websockets for the Python 3 project.
16:53 walterbender anyone have any ideas/input re packaging for Aniket ?
16:53 sparsh0204, your turn?
16:53 sparsh0204 ok
16:53 llaske_ has quit IRC
16:53 sparsh0204 Last week I worked on-
16:53 * Sorting order changed to what it was before.
16:53 * Added icon for keyboard.'
16:53 * Play button is now working.
16:53 fakela <fakela!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:53 sparsh0204 * Export button is now working.
16:53 * Clear button is now working.
16:54 * Added graphics for when user click on play.
16:54 * Time error resolved.
16:54 pro-panda <pro-panda!0127e275@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:54 sparsh0204 * Changed the default values for all blocks in graphic edit menu.
16:54 walterbender hi pro-panda
16:54 sparsh0204 * Changed the view of two arg graphics edit menu.
16:54 * Other small bugs related to phrase maker.
16:54 walterbender it is very nice now :)
16:54 pro-panda hi walterbender
16:54 sparsh0204 Link to my blog - https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-4217bae17605
16:54 Link to my work - Musical keyboard - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1801
16:54 Phrase maker - https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1794
16:54 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1810
16:54 walterbender sparsh0204, did you try the new + button on the phrase maker?
16:55 sparsh0204 For this week - I will continue working on musical keyboard and work on few ideas related to phrase maker with my mentors.
16:55 No i was just going to do that after the meeting
16:55 walterbender let me know what you think. I am quite happy having icons there.
16:55 sparsh0204 ok
16:56 pro-panda sparsh0204, you can also add links to your work in the blog post
16:56 walterbender sparsh0204, can you look into the setheading problem? I think that is the last issue on phrasemaker.
16:56 sparsh0204 I will add that
16:56 walterbender (until we add canons)
16:56 sparsh0204 I will look into it
16:56 walterbender nice to have landed the changes...
16:56 sparsh0204 yes
16:57 walterbender any questions for sparsh0204 ?
16:57 fakela has quit IRC
16:57 walterbender did we miss anyone
16:57 ashish0910 I am Left
16:57 Can I start ?
16:57 fakela <fakela!~androirc@> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:58 walterbender ashish0910, oh. sorry about that. please begin
16:58 ashish0910 Hello Everyone ,
16:58 Tasks Completed Last week :
16:58 Multi user collaboration : Made the cursor transition (UI) of other users smooth , Show the selection of the user to other users
16:58 Multi user Collaboration is now fully working and Completed
16:58 Export to Doc : Export to doc now works on platform like Libre office , Msword
16:58 Tasks for Next Week :
16:59 1. Export to .odt
16:59 2. Add some Basic text when starting new Session
16:59 3 . Fix Image Resizing for APK version
16:59 Blog Link - https://medium.com/@ashish0910[…]ng-9-4228ec9a00d1
17:00 walterbender Lionel blogged about your collaboration work this week :)
17:00 any questions for ashish0910 ?
17:00 any questions/comments for the group?
17:01 pro-panda None from me
17:04 walterbender OK.
17:04 thanks everyone.
17:04 have a productive week.
17:04 #end-meeting
17:04 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jul 29 17:04:29 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:04 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-29T16:30:29.html
17:04 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-07-29T16:30:29

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.