Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2019-07-22 16:32:14

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:32 meeting Meeting started Mon Jul 22 16:32:14 2019 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:32 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:32 walterbender #chair ibiam
16:32 meeting Current chairs: ibiam walterbender
16:33 walterbender are we a-z or z-a today?
16:33 Aniket walterbender Ibiam I have to go early today, so may I go first?
16:33 walterbender sure
16:33 Aniket Thanks
16:34 Hrishi_ It was Z-A last week
16:34 Aniket Work I did in the last week~
16:34 * Fixed timestamp in toolkit(https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]it-gtk3/pull/420)
16:34 * Ported cedit to Python 3 with flake 8 fixes.
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]activity/pull/16)
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/c[…]activity/pull/15)
16:34 * Ported collabedit to Python 3 with flake 8.
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/collabedit/pull/11)
16:34 (https://github.com/sugarlabs/collabedit/pull/12)
16:34 * Worked on making gwebsockets compatible with Python 3.
16:35 Work for this week~
16:35 * Try to complete Python 3 port of gwebsockets.
16:35 * Port other sugar activities to Python 3.
16:35 That's all from my side :-)
16:35 fakela has quit IRC
16:36 walterbender ibiam, comments?
16:36 fakela <fakela!~androirc@41.203.78.82> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:37 walterbender thnk Aniket
16:37 fakela, are you here?
16:37 fakela Yes
16:37 Am here now
16:37 Aniket Walterbender Ibiam may I leave ?
16:37 walterbender please go next
16:37 fakela Okay
16:37 Sure
16:37 walterbender Aniket, you can go
16:38 Aniket Thanks
16:38 Aniket has quit IRC
16:39 ibiam Hi everyone
16:39 Was away from my phone
16:39 fakela This week I cleaned up the SW code, Also Carried performance testing on chrome devtools On loading time and runtime performance Looking into where the program consumes excessive memory and takes more time to execute
16:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1802
16:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1803
16:40 walterbender you saw my comments on your PR?
16:40 fakela Yes
16:40 ibiam I'll send aniket my comments
16:40 fakela I saw it this evening
16:40 Will talk to you later
16:40 walterbender about the timing.. let's discuss it
16:40 fakela Yes so I can get more clarification
16:40 On what am supposed to do
16:41 walterbender look at how tone.js can be used to trigger in the future
16:41 fakela For this week focusing on other optimizations based on the Chrome diagnostics ....looking into where the program consumes excessive memory and spending most times and determine how to optimize them
16:41 Okay tone.js
16:42 Sure will look into it
16:43 Any questions on that will let you know
16:43 “Week 8:Measuring the Performance Impact Using Chrome DevTools” by Favour Kelvin https://link.medium.com/Zh4uRAWcxY
16:43 My blog post
16:43 ibiam Thank you fakela
16:44 walterbender Hrishi_, I think you are next?
16:44 Hrishi_ Yes
16:44 fakela Thank you
16:45 Hrishi_ Last week I worked on:  1) Fix refresh button (didn’t refresh all the data) 2)Fix scrollbar issues (didn’t display scrollbars on some devices running an older version of GTK. 3) Remove useless layout container(s). 4) Fix https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]activity/issues/5 5) Lower the radius of Pie chart which could possibly help for the visibility of the pie chart.
16:45 The Tamagotchi Widget now works as expected, I am looking forward from detailed test results soon.
16:46 A test branch: https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]ee/pie-chart-test
16:46 ibiam Does the pie chart image in the window show as expected?
16:47 Hrishi_ ibiam: The image in the window is same as the one drawn by cairo. I am saving it to a PNG and loading it again
16:47 Regarding the Treeview in Window, it only shows data for the first launch. Not sure what is wrong, investigating
16:47 Last week's blog: https://medium.com/@hrishipate[…]ss-9-9de57d92509a
16:48 We will be having a meeting tomorrow regarding phase 3.
16:48 ibiam I haven't looked at your code to see how the image is added to the window
16:48 Hrishi_ That's all from me.
16:48 ibiam But it doesn't fill the space allocated to it
16:49 Hrishi_ https://github.com/Hrishi1999/[…]/activity.py#L585
16:49 ibiam: I will try to fix it this week.
16:49 ibiam Thanks
16:49 Hrishi_ I should move the Window code to a test branch since it's not 100% ready
16:50 NikhilM98 <NikhilM98!6725c8d5@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.103.37.200.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:50 ibiam +
16:50 1
16:50 NikhilM98 Sorry i got late
16:50 Clinet was not working
16:50 Hrishi_ Any questions for me?
16:51 walterbender Hrishi_, thx for the update
16:51 Hrishi_ Welcome :P
16:51 walterbender NikhilM98, I think it is your turn now
16:51 NikhilM98 Hello everyone, my last weeks tasks were:
16:51 1. Add Sorting in Classroom, User and Journal view
16:51 2. Created a prototype that uses GridFS to expand the Journal Storage in MongoDB
16:51 3. Do more research on analytics and tutorials
16:52 Summary of my last weeks' work can be found here: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehr[…]viii-274613c335ef
16:52 I have a meeting with Tarun at Tuesday 8am IST, where we'll discuss this weeks task.
16:52 Link to the PR:
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/192
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/191
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/194
16:52 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/193
16:53 ibiam NikhilM98: were you supposed to send a demo link to devel?
16:53 NikhilM98 I was not asked to do that by my mentors
16:54 ibiam Okay, can I get a link
16:54 I'd like to test
16:55 NikhilM98 https://github.com/llaske/suga[…]r-server/pull/193
16:56 walterbender to everyone: please be sure to include links in your blog posts so people can test your code...
16:56 NikhilM98 We managed to store up to 8mb as a single journal entry. It was causing issues for larger files. Needs more testing and fixing
16:57 walterbender anything else for NikhilM98 ?
16:58 sparsh0204, you want to go next?
16:58 sparsh0204 sure
16:58 Last week I worked on-
16:58 *) Improvind the design of pressed key table
16:58 *) function to play musical keyboard using keyboard keys
16:58 *) function to capture keypress duration to the nearest 1/8 note.
16:58 *) function to capture if two notes are pressed at the same time.
16:59 *) other small tweeks.
16:59 Link to my work- https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1801
16:59 Link to my blog- https://medium.com/@sparshagar[…]ress-3077cc0e7083
16:59 For this week- I will be working on removing all bugs from add note feature in phrase maker and adding and improving features in musical keybard.
16:59 That's all from my side.
16:59 walterbender sparsh0204, regarding the + option in the phrasemaker
16:59 I think it is working pretty well now...
17:00 sparsh0204 There are still few bugs and I think I should fix them first and then continue my work on musical keyboard
17:01 walterbender the problem is in editing the values when you click on an entry in the left-hand column
17:01 that is where drum selection is broken
17:01 and the confusion over the arguments for the graphics ensues
17:02 sparsh0204 Last I remember(edit drum) it was working fine but in the last PR it seems broken
17:02 walterbender yes
17:03 I pasted the rror from the console
17:03 sparsh0204 yes I saw that I will fix the edit drum and add note labels bug in the next PR
17:04 walterbender thx
17:04 anything else to add?
17:05 ibiam Thanks sparsh0204
17:05 Nothing from me
17:05 walterbender I guess we can end early today.
17:05 this is evaluation week again.
17:05 thank you everyone.
17:05 #end-meeting
17:06 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jul 22 17:05:59 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:06 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-22T16:32:14.html
17:06 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-07-22T16:32:14

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster