Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2019-05-20 16:29:37

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:29 meeting Meeting started Mon May 20 16:29:37 2019 UTC. The chair is pro-panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:29 pro-panda #chair walterbender
16:29 meeting Current chairs: pro-panda walterbender
16:30 pro-panda We have 9 projects this year, along with an awesome mentor team.
16:30 With so many parallel projects, communication is essential; with your mentor and with the community.
16:30 These group meetings would be logged, see http://meeting.sugarlabs.org
16:31 walterbender I would propose we use the following process:
16:31 Ibiam <Ibiam!c5d2e3cc@gateway/web/freenode/ip.197.210.227.204> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 walterbender in turn, (1) what did you do last week; (2) what will you do this week; (3) any issues/blockers/observations for the group?
16:32 If everyone can come prepared with this in mind, it will make the meetings move.
16:32 Make sense?
16:32 pro-panda +1
16:32 Hrishi_ +
16:32 1
16:32 Swarup1414 Yes
16:33 ashish0910 +1
16:33 nikhilm98 +1
16:33 Fakela Yes
16:33 pro-panda This week you can also give a brief overview of your projects so that others can get to know.
16:33 walterbender good idea
16:33 pro-panda We can also have a round of introduction from everyone, along with students posting their blog links.
16:33 Aniket_mathur <Aniket_mathur!~Aniket@2405:205:1408:789e:bce5:9bee:aa82:5e1c> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:34 walterbender pro-panda, do you want to call on people one by one?
16:34 pro-panda Sure. Let's go Z-A
16:34 walterbender and maybe pro-panda and I can also introduce ourselves ;)
16:34 pro-panda Yes, sure :-)
16:35 I am Rahul.
16:35 I am a volunteer with Sugar Labs since Jan' 18, and was a GSoC student last year
16:35 I am currently working with Microsoft.
16:35 I'm based in Hyderabad, India (+0530 UTC). You can expect replies from me between 3:30 UTC to 5:30 UTC
16:35 I am also one of the Org Admins this year, along with Walter and James. So in case of any feedback or issues regarding GSoC, your projects, mentors, etc, please feel free to get in touch with us.
16:36 walterbender I'm walterbender, one of the founders of Sugar Labs. I think this is my 10th year as a GSoC mentor. These days my main are of contribution is Music Blocks. But I am pretty familiar with all of the Sugar stack.
16:36 Ibiam has quit IRC
16:36 walterbender Feel free to reach out to me here or on the devel list.
16:37 (I am located in Boston, US East timezone)
16:37 pro-panda, who is last in the alphabet?
16:38 pro-panda For people working on Sugar Desktop or Sugarizer, do checkout Music Blocks. I've tried it a while back, and I can't seem to have enough of it :-)
16:38 Swarup1414, you'd like to go next ?
16:38 Swarup1414 Sure
16:38 My Name is Swarup N. I began contributing to Sugar since January, this year.
16:39 I'm based in Bangalore. My project is titled "Improve and Maintain atleast 25 Sugar activities". It is completely based on Python
16:39 Bangalore, India (+0530 UTC)
16:40 walterbender which activities will you work on this week?
16:41 pro-panda @others, please have your general introductions ready, so we don't lose time on people typing ;-)
16:41 Swarup1414 For this week, I have choosen to work on the Countries-activity, Calculate-activity, ShowJPEG
16:41 I have begun my work on Countries-activity. Once I finish it I shall move on to the other two.
16:42 agarwala <agarwala!75c200af@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.194.0.175> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:42 pro-panda Swarup1414: thanks
16:42 Swarup1414: link to your blog please ?
16:42 Swarup1414 Yes, https://nswarup14.github.io
16:43 pro-panda nikhilm98, you'd like to go next ?
16:43 nikhilm98 Sure
16:43 I am Nikhil. I've been contributing to Sugar Labs since feb 19
16:43 I'm from India, my project is to Improve Sugarizer-Server
16:44 pro-panda Have you started working on the project ?
16:44 nikhilm98 I'll be adding a new profile role, optimising build, improving statistics, adding scripts to optimise deployment, etc over the progress of my project
16:45 This week I added custom linting configuration for the project, made some restructuring, worked on a bug with Lionel and Tarun, and done some research about grunt that we're going to install next week in out project
16:46 pro-panda nikhilm98: thanks :-)
16:46 nikhilm98 Link to my blog will be: https://medium.com/@nikhilmehra998
16:47 pro-panda jaskirat: you'd like to go next ?
16:47 jaskirat Sure
16:47 Hello everyone once again.
16:49 I am one of the community member and working with sugarlabs since last 1.5 years as a GCI and GSOC mentors. I am also one of the Microsoft educator Expert recently.
16:50 I am always around to help. You can ping me anytime.
16:50 pro-panda jaskirat: Thanks
16:51 Hrishi_: up next ?
16:51 jaskirat Sure
16:51 Hrishi_ Yep!
16:51 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0038b83ed39b3​c7b4a.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:52 Hrishi_ Hi, my name is Hrishi Patel. I am from Gujarat, India. I first contributed to Sugar Labs in 2014 (as a part of Google Code-In 2015). I was also a mentor for GSoC 2017/18 and GCI 2017/18 with Sugar Labs. I've learnt a great deal over the past few years, thanks to Sugar Labs :)
16:52 My project is Sugar Dashboard. It is divided into three parts. 1) Sugar Dashboard 2) Tamagotchi widget 3) and a Journal-like activity
16:54 Sugar Dashboard : An activity which shows stats like activities installed on your machine, most recently used activity, heatmap for user's activity, display journal objects and user-created files for a specific activity etc
16:54 perrie <perrie!~perrie@129.56.30.236> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:54 Hrishi_ Tamagotchi Widget : A replacement/modification to the existing XO logo on Sugar Desktop. It will show battery status, memory status etc.
16:55 Journal Activity: The Journal can't be simply modified by the end user. Hence this activity will act as a Journal, but it can be modified by the end user.
16:56 pro-panda Hrishi: great, thanks
16:56 Hrishi_ We already had a meeting: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-05-10T14:34:13
16:56 llaske has quit IRC
16:56 Hrishi_ Welcome pro-panda :)
16:57 pro-panda Fakela, you'd like to go next ?
16:57 Fakela Hello Everyone...My name is Favour Kelvin . I started contributing    to sugar since December but got more familiar this year. My project title is "Performance in Musicblocks".For this week will use the performance tools to test the overall performance of musicblocks and and identify what causes some bottlenecks using the tools...link to my blog https://medium.com/@favourkelvin17
16:57 Ibiam <Ibiam!c5d2e322@gateway/web/freenode/ip.197.210.227.34> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:58 walterbender Fakela, where are you going to start?
16:59 pro-panda also Fakela: Hrishi: links to your blog ?
17:00 walterbender Fakela put the link at the end of the post above
17:01 pro-panda * my bad, missed out on the link
17:01 Hrishi_ Sorry forgot to link: https://medium.com/@hrishipatel99
17:02 pro-panda Looks like Fakela has gone AFK. ashish0910, would you like to go next ?
17:02 Fakela has quit IRC
17:02 ashish0910 sure !
17:02 Ibiam Hi everyone
17:03 ashish0910 Hello , My name is ashish aggarwal , sophomore in computer science enginering  .
17:03 pro-panda Hi ibiam. All of us are introducing ourselves today. Maybe you can go through the logs and join as well ? :-) (http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]eting/2019-05-20)
17:03 Sorry to interrupt ashish0910
17:03 ashish0910 I am From Delhi , India . I am contributing to sugarlabs since jan19 .
17:04 My project is to create write activity for sugarizer .
17:04 In this project Write activity will be implemented for sugarizer platform which will be in congruence to Write activity on Sugar platform .
17:04 It is a rich text editor with features like real time multi user Collaboration , Export/import to editable and non editable format , journal connectivity , autosave and many more interesting features .
17:04 last week I worked on generating PDF from HTML/CSS so that we can implement export to PDF format feature .
17:04 Link to my blog - https://medium.com/@ashish09101998
17:05 Fakela <Fakela!29cb4ea6@gateway/web/freenode/ip.41.203.78.166> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:05 pro-panda ashish0910, are you also looking to use Abiword's APIs ?
17:05 ashish0910 No , we will not be using any API to make the project working without internet connection .
17:06 Ibiam has quit IRC
17:06 ashish0910 Plus we will create our editor from scratch using js for maximum customization
17:06 Ibiam <Ibiam!c5d2e3c2@gateway/web/freenode/ip.197.210.227.194> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:07 pro-panda ashish0910, alright
17:07 Aniket_Mathur: you'd like to go next ?
17:08 Aniket_mathur Yes pro-pand for sure.
17:08 Hello everyone, I am Aniket,a Btech 2nd year undergraduate. I am contributing to Sugarlabs since December 2018. I am based in Himachal Pradesh, India(+5:30 UTC).This was my first year participating in Gsoc.My project for Gsoc 19 is "Port to python 3". In the last couple of weeks I involved myself in getting familiar with core Sugar,exploring and reviewing the work pro-panda did last year and asking doubts on the
17:08 sugar-devel.;-)
17:09 pro-panda For everyone else, the project involves porting the code for Sugar Desktop, (and a few activities) from Python 2 to Python 3
17:10 walterbender Aniket_mathur, pro-panda if you could keep in mind tasks for other people who are interested in helping with the port, it would be great.
17:11 pro-panda walterbender: Sure, since we have a lot of interested people, I think we can work on highlighting byte-sized tasks to get people started
17:11 Aniket_mathur: Thanks!
17:11 Aniket_mathur Yes, walterbender I have also seen people interested in helping on the mailing list.
17:11 pro-panda agarwala: you'd like to go next ?
17:12 agarwala Yes, Sure. Hello Everyone! I am Avinash Agarwal, from India.  I have started contributing to Sugar labs from March '19.
17:12 walterbender maybe you guys can maintain a page in GH somewhere with the instructions for helping? (and where to find the bite-sized tasks)
17:12 agarwala Yes, Sure. Hello Everyone! I am Avinash Agarwal, from India.  I have started contributing to Sugar labs from March '19.
17:12 My Project is to improve Exerciser Activity.
17:13 My Main work will be to Intergrate Multimedia options(Images/ Sound/ Videos) in Exerciser, Create three new templates, improve results display, include Exerciser's own Image Editor and some other fixes.
17:13 This week I was assigned some tasks, which included solving some of the existing issues, thumnail integration for the exercises, setting up my own blog and building a react based Image-Editor using cropperJS.
17:13 Link to my blog will be: https://avinashagarwal14.github.io/gsoc-blog/
17:13 Aniket_mathur Link to mine https://medium.com/@aniketmathur.
17:14 pro-panda walterbender: sure
17:14 agarwala: thanks :-)
17:14 Ibiam: would you like to go next ?
17:16 Ibiam Sure
17:16 Hi Everyone, my name is Ibiam and I've been working on sugar for some time now
17:16 I've mentored in gci and gsoc
17:17 Currently working on the maintain 25 sugar activities project
17:18 pro-panda Thanks Ibiam :-)
17:18 We can wrap up for today. Did we miss anyone ?
17:18 Ibiam Aniket_marthur: I've worked a bit on porting sugar to TelepathyGlib and I'd like to continue it and see the work you do
17:19 perrie should I?
17:19 Aniket_mathur For sure Ibiam. Seeking you guidance and advice as we proceed further.
17:19 ;-)
17:19 pro-panda Hi perrie, Sorry. Please go ahead
17:20 perrie Hi,
17:20 I’m Perrie … I’ve been working with SugarLabs for a while now … mentored for gci & gsoc, currently working with Hrishi on the sugar dashboard project
17:21 Ibiam Aniket_marthur: I meant porting of collab wrapper not sugar
17:21 walterbender also, if anyone needs any UX advice, Perrie is a great resource :)
17:22 Aniket_mathur Yes, Ibiam. :-)
17:22 pro-panda +1. Swarup1414, you can also discuss with Perrie before implementing new features that might involve significant design changes
17:23 I think we can wrap it up for today.
17:24 We'll have meetings every Monday. We can further decide on the timings, since this time isn't suitable for everyone
17:25 Swarup1414 Yes Pro-panda, I shall consult perrie before doing any major significant changes
17:25 pro-panda Thanks everyone!
17:25 #end-meeting
17:25 meeting Meeting ended Mon May 20 17:25:57 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:26 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-20T16:29:37.html
17:26 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]19-05-20T16:29:37

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster