Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-08-14 11:12:39

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
11:12 meeting Meeting started Tue Aug 14 11:12:39 2018 UTC. The chair is Quozl. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
11:12 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
11:12 walterbender Quozl, pens down, yes. But I think most are continuing
11:13 Quozl for the gtk+ 3 work, there needs to be releases of activities.  that process is truly well described now, so you can guide students into it.
11:13 walterbender Quozl, OK. I'll ping them
11:14 Quozl (3) i've no idea what would be good for gci, but i'll keep it in mind.  much of gsoc seemed to be more of a repetitive gci.  ;-)
11:14 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@62-11-1-26.dialup.tiscali.it> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:14 walterbender Quozl, re Python 3, is there specific work you would like targeted?
11:15 Quozl, re GSoC, some of the projects were as you describe, some not so much.
11:15 Quozl, but in fact, the best GCI students have more experience than most GSoC students
11:16 Quozl walterbender: no, no specific work.  we're at the phase of needing to do integration testing.  that means building.  sugar-live-build may help with that.
11:16 walterbender OK. That is further along than I had thought
11:17 Quozl, one other topic: flatpack
11:17 llaske has quit IRC
11:17 Quozl #topic flatpak
11:17 walterbender There is a PR for flatpack for turtleblock
11:17 Tincho was reviewing it
11:17 But I will look too
11:18 it was done by (another new) contributor from Endless
11:18 who use flatpack extensively
11:18 Quozl yep, saw it.
11:18 walterbender so I am assuming (without having looked) that it is a reasonable patch
11:18 and may help guide us for other activities
11:18 is thinking GCI :P
11:19 Quozl for activities that can standalone, yes.
11:19 for instance, a flatpak of musicblocks would improve takeup.
11:19 there's also ubuntu's chosen micropackaging format; snaps.
11:20 walterbender I plead ignorance
11:21 Quozl past month or two, was an interesting discussion between canonical big boss and developers about value of packaging vs the micropackaging.  while it sounds good, these newer technologies like flatpak and snaps can lead to some fascinating troubles.
11:21 walterbender I was about to ask, Beyond the maintenance burden, is there any downside to offering multiple micorpackaging versions.
11:21 Quozl much of the trend seems to be driven by NIH toolchain syndrome.
11:21 walterbender I will have to read the article
11:24 Quozl https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailm[…]info/ubuntu-devel around 8th Feb, thread title RFC: Ubuntu Seeded Snaps
11:24 i've nothing further.
11:25 walterbender nor do I
11:25 Quozl okay, bye.
11:25 #endmeeting
11:25 walterbender so 5pm ET next week?
11:25 meeting Meeting ended Tue Aug 14 11:25:09 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
11:25 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-14T11:12:39.html
11:25 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-08-14T11:12:39

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster