Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-08-10 13:40:54

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
13:40 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug 10 13:40:54 2018 UTC. The chair is iqra. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:40 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
13:40 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:42 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@154.66.55.156> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:43 GrannieB Hey! Samson... we thought you might not make it!
13:43 samsongoddy Yeah, i am having some connections problems
13:43 GrannieB How is your event in Nigeria coming along?
13:43 samsongoddy Pretty Big
13:44 And exhausting
13:44 GrannieB But, fun I'll bet!
13:45 samsongoddy Yes
13:45 Fun
13:45 GrannieB Iqra, do you want to summarize what all has been done on your project for the record here?
13:45 iqra Hi! So this week marks the end of GSoC. My overall project summary is available on this blog post:
13:45 https://iqragsoc.wordpress.com[…]l-project-report/
13:45 My Project Documentation can be accessed at:  https://github.com/iqraceme/Pr[…]/master/README.md
13:45 The project on sugar labs sugarizer repo can be viewed as a branch added to the repo:  https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]/iqraceme/primero
13:46 You can view all my blog posts on:  iqragsoc.wordpress.com
13:46 I will be releasing the Amazon and Android app from my account after consultation with mentors.  The testing versions are available on beta testing links mentioned in final report.
13:47 GSoC has taught me a lot aboout the importance of open source development.
13:47 I would like to thank all my mentors for their support throughout GSoC.
13:47 GrannieB :)
13:47 samsongoddy 🤗
13:48 iqra Yeah, just let me know about the kindle app release thing
13:48 and I'll release it to the store
13:48 GrannieB Iqra wants to know if she should release in her name or SugarLabs or something else.
13:48 Lionel has Sugarizer under his name only
13:49 iqra I can release it under Sugar labs
13:49 name
13:49 samsongoddy You can use it for now
13:49 iqra *use the sugar labs name for now
13:49 ok
13:50 samsongoddy Publishing under Sugar Labs name will require us to review Play store policy
13:50 GrannieB But, where it says "Contact Developer"... put your info
13:50 iqra oh
13:50 samsongoddy Yeah
13:50 iqra I dont know about the copy rights
13:50 stuff
13:50 *copyrights
13:51 ok. so Sugar labs name requires reviewing play store policy
13:51 *or kindle store
13:51 GrannieB or both
13:52 I wonder if that is why Lionel has just his name on it?
13:53 iqra Lionel is the creator of sugarizer. Why wont he have his name. I am just part of Google Summer of Code program
13:53 *developer
13:53 GrannieB Maybe we should see if we can get you a sugarlabs email address and you can put it under your name, but have the it as your contact address
13:53 iqra Maybe either of you can release it then..
13:54 you have sugar labs emails
13:54 GrannieB Not me... mine is laptop.org!
13:54 iqra oh
13:55 GrannieB What if you file it under your name and put both you and Samson as contacts so his sugarlabs address is included?
13:56 in fact, you might be able to put all 3 of us and include my laptop.org address (from the OLPC project where Sugar got its start)
13:56 iqra Yeah I can do that. We can ask samson if we can use his email address
13:56 ok
13:56 GrannieB Samson... what say you?
13:58 He seems to be here....
13:58 so, mine is caryl at laptop dot org
13:59 iqra ok. I'll put your email..last question: Can I contribute to any of sugar labs or primero after GSoC?
13:59 GrannieB Yes!
13:59 Yes!
13:59 Yes!
14:00 Absolutely!
14:00 In fact, MathStix would be a great place to start
14:00 iqra ok. You can then let me know which things to improve in primero maybe this saturday then
14:01 GrannieB tomorrow
14:01 ?
14:01 iqra Yes
14:01 GrannieB are we meeting again tomorrow?
14:01 iqra not here. you can tell me on fb
14:01 just a rough idea
14:02 GrannieB Yes... can do
14:02 iqra basically I can give more time to this on friday, saturday and sunday
14:02 GrannieB This has been a good summary for the record with all of your links
14:02 iqra but my whole day is occupied by university till 5pm
14:02 GrannieB we can "talk" this weekend
14:03 iqra *talk? Google hangouts?
14:03 GrannieB Probably just fb. Samson has too many connection issues right now for Google Hangouts :(
14:04 iqra ok. fb then.
14:04 GrannieB all right... do you want to close the meeting now?
14:05 iqra Yes, I am closing the meeting
14:05 #end-meeting
14:05 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug 10 14:05:13 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:05 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-10T13:40:54.html
14:05 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-08-10T13:40:54

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster