Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-08-03 16:31:15

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:31 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug  3 16:31:15 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:31 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:31 walterbender I think we are A-Z this week
16:31 a-ritwik, do you want to get us started?
16:31 a-ritwik yes
16:31 1) Work done during last week
16:32 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@197.210.226.37> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 perrie Hi
16:32 a-ritwik Tested frequency detection of input from mic, and found it to be working well for piano/keyboard.
16:32 Implemented save functionality for pitch tracker which gives blocks at output.
16:32 Removed a bug from software keyboard.
16:32 Updated my blog till 30 July.
16:32 walterbender still thinks writing code by singing is the greatest idea of all time :)
16:32 jaskirat walterbender: hi ..!
16:32 walterbender a-ritwik, I hope to do some testing over the weekend.
16:33 a-ritwik walterbender: Yes, please do.
16:33 2) Issues faced None
16:33 3) For next week
16:33 Finishing documentation of keyboard and pitch tracker.
16:34 Giving user option to choose bps and i/2 or 1/8 or 1/8 for pitch tracker input.
16:35 walterbender sounds good.
16:35 amanharitsh123, you there?
16:35 amanharitsh123 Yes :)
16:35 Hi , guys this week I tried to resolve the most recurring problem with the pis , that is File system corruption due to unsafe shutdown.
16:35 I tried many things , and finally concluded that stopping system logging might help. So I made /var/log/ a tmpfs , so the logs are now wriiten to ram
16:35 and not sd card. This way we have reduced sdcard load and now Green sd card usage light is not blinking as much as it used to.
16:35 Then I tested pi in several scenarios this week like under heavy loads and all .
16:36 I tried things like cutting power off when server was under usage
16:36 by many clients and journal syncing :)
16:37 walterbender prob. a good idea generally, for the logs
16:37 recalls we do the same thing in Sugar
16:37 amanharitsh123 https://github.com/amanharitsh[…]chool-box/pull/15
16:37 ok I will look into it :D
16:38 walterbender anything else planned?
16:38 jaskirat amanharitsh123: your work looks great
16:38 amanharitsh123 walterbender, coming week
16:39 I will improve some documentation
16:39 as suggested by mohayon and will keep testing image
16:39 walterbender thx
16:39 amanharitsh123 to reproduce FS corruption problem , just to make sure it doesnt happen againn :)
16:40 walterbender iqra, I think it is your turn?
16:40 iqra Hi
16:40 yes
16:40 This week I worked on 1)final report 2) documentation 3)Primero tutorial youtube video
16:40 Issues Faced: none
16:40 Blog Post:https://iqragsoc.wordpress.com[…]l-project-report/  For next week:  Improve the documentation.
16:40 walterbender is there a link to the video in your blog?
16:41 amanharitsh123 jaskirat , thanks :)
16:41 iqra https://youtu.be/bW51n7ifaXs
16:41 Yes there is a link in the blog
16:41 walterbender great
16:41 when do you think you'll be at a school?
16:41 iqra like visiting schools for the primero app?
16:42 walterbender yes
16:42 iqra Yeah my university just started so I was busy..I'll visit some schools next week
16:42 *semester
16:42 jaskirat iqra: i saw your email you sent , your app designs were good, i had a talk with Caryl about that , thanks for sharing
16:43 iqra thanks
16:43 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@c-71-232-12-24.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:43 ibiam hi
16:44 pikurasa hi
16:44 jaskirat pikurasa: hi ,
16:44 iqra walterbender: I'll let you know when I visit the schools and share the feedback of the kids
16:44 walterbender +1
16:44 octamois, are you here?
16:44 octamois Yes
16:44 walterbender please fill us in on what you have been doing.
16:45 octamois Hello , for the last few weeks, I was unable to install port-sugar on my system but after the mail by Quozl, I installed it correctly. I am behind my timeline by 2 weeks. I will work day and night to avoid any accident. I think I may not be able to deliver the promised output as per my gsoc-proposals. I hope to complete my project as much as I can
16:45 before final evaluations start. I have not been so productive for which Walter selected me. It is very irrelevant if testing is done by other person thus my work was stalled.
16:45 For. next week: I will be fixing my bugs and try for merges and blog update. (I may need helping hand by Pro-Panda)
16:46 walterbender I appreciate that you'll make an effort to catch up
16:46 octamois That's all I can do
16:46 Nothing else to mention
16:46 walterbender please keep us in the loop re roadblocks
16:47 Pratul1997, I think we are up to you?
16:47 Pratul1997 Yes
16:47 My Blog: https://medium.com/@pratulkuma[…]nity-ed47e04e3051
16:47 As I had my illness of chickenpox in middle due to which I could not work for around 7-9 days, which resulted in the delay of my timeline from those number of days, till last week I was still bit pending in work, I was afraid of the meeting, therefore, I intentionally missed it. After interaction with mentors I realized it was my mistake I am extremely sorry for it.
16:47 My status of the project is that the front end and the backend have competed totally, along with Issue collector(Sugarbot) which was shown around first evaluation.
16:48 It will take around one more day to integrate them, did testing of both front-end and backend in different conditions and added error situation. Showed the front end to Jaskirat and Divyanshu,
16:48 Further work: need to replace the sugarlabs data from the dummy data in the website, and update the documentation on Github.
16:48 https://github.com/Pratul1997/react-front-end
16:48 So I guess my all work will be completed by next week.
16:48 walterbender +1
16:49 jaskirat Pratul1997: sounds good
16:49 Pratul1997 hope those changes will be done soon that were suggested for frontned
16:50 Pratul1997 Sure jaskirat :)
16:50 shivank <shivank!0e8bf2c3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.242.195> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:50 jaskirat Great
16:50 walterbender  rdrsadhu are you there?
16:50 rdrsadhu yes, Hello!
16:51 (1) what I did during the week:
16:51 - fixed some small bugs @help-activity
16:51 - redirected all migrated wiki-pages to their new github source
16:51 - worked on the final report and documentation
16:51 .
16:51 walterbender nice
16:51 rdrsadhu (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
16:51 - polish the report and documentation
16:51 - Any other miscellaneous task; as required
16:51 .
16:52 No concerns/roadblocks or issues.
16:52 thanks :)
16:52 walterbender thank you. It is nice to have this migration done
16:52 ibiam yeah it is
16:52 rdrsadhu my pleasure. I learnt a lot this summer.
16:52 thanks for the opportunity
16:53 walterbender rdrsadhu, one last thing. We should update https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities to let developers know to put documentation in github
16:53 rdrsadhu sure, I'll do that.
16:54 walterbender thx
16:54 riyalohia, I think you are next?
16:54 riyalohia yes :)
16:54 This week:
16:54 1. Added new pitch block for custom temperament.
16:54 2. Fixed scalar step issue.
16:54 shivank has quit IRC
16:54 riyalohia 3. Fixed minor bugs.
16:54 4. Finished documentation.
16:55 5. Currently I am working on final report for GSoC'18.
16:55 In the upcoming week:
16:55 1. Improve documentation as per mentor's suggestion.
16:55 2. Finish and submit the final report.
16:55 walterbender riyalohia, can I ask one more thing from you for next week?
16:55 riyalohia walterbender, sure
16:56 walterbender I made some changes to synthutils (in master)
16:56 If you could look them over.
16:56 The problem was with getFrequency
16:56 riyalohia I have already done that.
16:56 walterbender from the status widget it was broken
16:56 pikurasa riyalohia: +1
16:56 walterbender I pushed another change about 2 hours ago
16:57 I think it fixes all the problems (but I may have missed some case)
16:57 riyalohia walterbender, I rebased the pull request 1 hour ago and also I have fixed the merge conflicts.
16:58 walterbender thx
16:58 perrie has quit IRC
16:58 walterbender I am looking forward to merging your branch
16:58 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~samsongod@154.66.22.161> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:58 walterbender vaibhavdaren, I think you are next?
16:58 riyalohia pikurasa, walterbender, please review documentation when you get a chance :)
16:58 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
16:59 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@197.210.227.107> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:59 pikurasa riyalohia: yes
16:59 riyalohia thank you :)
17:00 vaibhavdaren hi
17:00 Completed level 4: bonus challenges which consist of 12 stages.
17:00 exhaustively covering:- heaps,events,loops,conditionals,even a mini project . CS 101 using turtle :)
17:00 Checked stages of level1 and 2, 3 manually with mentor  Jaskirat.
17:00 Thank you for giving the time to go through each and every stage
17:00 noted the required changes.
17:00 walterbender FYI, Music Blocks was received enthusiastically by the teachers in Japan
17:00 thx
17:00 vaibhavdaren the tasks for this week
17:00 1)get the frontend part approved by the mentors. Jaskirat and P. Seetaramaraju approved waiting for walter.
17:00 2)Fix Links in the readme
17:00 3)Write documentation
17:00 4)pikurasa was kind enough to go through the challenges pointed out. that some of the stages have tasks which are not clear and I need to improve on those.- make a list of task and hints .
17:01 issues faced:-
17:01 markdown resizing issue.
17:01 Resolved with help of mentor P. Seetaramaraju. Using embedded HTML.
17:01 The problem was that the number of characters in the text is the dominant factor in deciding the column width. and if the character count is more in one column than the other it causes unexpected results.
17:01 walterbender I'll go through it all this weekend
17:01 riyalohia walterbender, great :)
17:01 vipulgupta2048 +1
17:02 perrie has quit IRC
17:02 walterbender vipulgupta2048, are you there?
17:02 vipulgupta2048 Yes
17:02 Hi everyone,
17:02 Hi, This week
17:02 - Did some tasks that were pending for some PR's, taking screenshots, and fixing them. Getting them merged.
17:02 - Also, rechecking if any more working activities are left. Hence rechecking Tony's list + help activity + activities.sugarlabs.org
17:02 - Completed documentation. Here - https://github.com/vipulgupta2048/SugarPort
17:02  — Got it reviewed by mentors also.
17:03 - Summary blog post in progress. Made a report on the project as my semester project in college.
17:03 - I have some time over the weekend since college is running 5 days now. Should we give the mystery person a pass? I still would need a sample repository of the deeds being done to make a case.
17:03 Next up,
17:03 - Figuring out deployment -> Right now activities are being deployed by forking them to https://github.com/sugarlabs-test and a github hook starts the process of either adding or updating said activity to the server.  This needs to change or needs to be the official org. Hence needs to be discussed more.
17:03 - Working on old issues about adding Plymouth package
17:03 - With the fixing script now complete, I think metadata changes and fixing could happen quite easily on the fly. Also, need to make it more dynamic.
17:03 - Staying up with Sugar Labs to contribute more in other people's projects.
17:03 -
17:03 walterbender great
17:03 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@197.210.226.155> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:04 ibiam awesome
17:04 walterbender everyone: we are close to the end of GSOC
17:04 I want to thank you all for your contributions and mentoring
17:05 ibiam thanks everyone
17:05 thanks walterbender
17:05 samsongoddy It been a great summer
17:06 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: sounfs great
17:06 Keep it up
17:06 vaibhavdaren: sounfs great
17:06 Keep it up
17:06 vaibhavdaren: sounfs great
17:06 Awsome work
17:06 walterbender: sure, we too happy and grateful to help you outb
17:06 walterbender: sure, we too happy and grateful to help you outb
17:06 vipulgupta2048 Actually, Thank you walterbender and Quozl. You were great.
17:06 perrie has quit IRC
17:06 vaibhavdaren most productive summer :) learnt a lot
17:06 rishabh42 it sure has been samsongoddy , had a great experience this time as a mentor
17:06 walterbender learning is why we do what we do :)
17:06 pikurasa Yes, thank you everyone!
17:06 vaibhavdaren jaskirat:thanks :) :D
17:06 jaskirat Yes
17:06 rishabh42 Thanks everyone :)
17:07 pikurasa This summer's GSoC has been especially fun. :)
17:07 iqra thanks everyone :)
17:07 vipulgupta2048 Suggestion: TO keep these meetings going. I have some extended work. I am hoping others do as well.
17:07 jaskirat pikurasa: yes great learning path for open source
17:07 vipulgupta2048 Or people who are free can help out like I am planning to. Learn more that way.
17:07 samsongoddy walterbender, ping
17:08 rishabh42 vipulgupta2048, sure, ping me if you need any help, would be happy to help
17:08 vipulgupta2048 rishabh42, +1 -- I was thinking to start porting with octamois
17:08 samsongoddy Regarding the project I am mentoring
17:08 ibiam vipulgupta2048, that's a great idea
17:09 samsongoddy We require SL to create some accounts
17:09 rishabh42 vipulgupta2048, the GTK one? I had originally started working on that when I discovered SL last year
17:10 ibiam rishabh42, it's the port to python3
17:10 rishabh42 yes, GTK 3, I reckon
17:13 walterbender #end-meeting
17:13 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug  3 17:13:57 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:14 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-03T16:31:15.html
17:14 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-08-03T16:31:15

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster