Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-05-15 13:00:27

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
13:00 meeting Meeting started Tue May 15 13:00:27 2018 UTC. The chair is Pro-Panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:00 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
13:00 Pro-Panda #chair walterbender
13:00 meeting Current chairs: Pro-Panda walterbender
13:00 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!776883a6@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiir​c.com/ip.119.104.131.166> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:01 Pro-Panda #chair iamutkarshtiwari
13:01 meeting Current chairs: Pro-Panda iamutkarshtiwari walterbender
13:01 Pro-Panda Hi everyone :-)
13:01 walterbender hi
13:01 iamutkarshtiwari Hi
13:01 Pro-Panda #topic past-week
13:02 I was occupied with my exams for the past week. They got over yesterday
13:02 amitsin6h <amitsin6h!~amitsin6h@2405:204:c288:108c:f08f:84bf:675e:e202> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:02 walterbender :)
13:02 Pro-Panda #topic this-week
13:02 I made a tentative plan for this week: https://gist.github.com/Pro-Pa[…]251ee89e6641da9b3
13:02 #link  https://gist.github.com/Pro-Pa[…]251ee89e6641da9b3
13:03 I am contacting upstream of telepathy to find their plans of a Python 3.x version
13:03 walterbender Pro-Panda, I will write to Tincho right after this meeting re telephany
13:04 Pro-Panda walterbender: Thank you :-)
13:04 walterbender also, I saw the patch to eliminate the jarabe dependency
13:04 so that is all set...
13:04 Pro-Panda walterbender: yes
13:05 walterbender Pro-Panda, is there anything special that needs to be done to start porting generic activities?
13:05 iamutkarshtiwari pro-panda: "improving tests and examples" ~ Could you please elaborate more on this?
13:05 Pro-Panda The only thing that remains is to find a way for the python 3 version of telepathy, and modify build files
13:05 walterbender: No :-)
13:06 walterbender Pro-Panda, is the process of porting documented anywhere?
13:06 Pro-Panda iamutkarshtiwari: I planned to go through the tests and examples and see if they can be improved (which I felt while I was porting them to Python 3)
13:07 walterbender: I write my daily logs (why and what I did) in a personal file. I will filter the ones of Sugar-Toolkit and share them
13:07 (logs pertaining to programming only)
13:08 walterbender Pro-Panda, maybe begin a stub for Sugar Docs on how to port to Python3 ???
13:08 octamois can test drive
13:08 iamutkarshtiwari It'll we be useful for others as well
13:08 walterbender and perhaps debug your docs
13:09 Pro-Panda walterbender: A very naive version exists: https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]-porting-guide.md
13:09 I will keep on improving this
13:10 walterbender ok
13:10 Pro-Panda octamois's work might help find potential bugs in the port :-)
13:10 walterbender +1
13:10 iamutkarshtiwari pro-panda: Did you get in touch with Abhijit Patel regarding that jarabe issue?
13:10 Pro-Panda iamutkarshtiwari: I didn't need to, James(Quozl) suggested the fix in the previous meeting
13:10 satellit_e_ <satellit_e_!~satellit_@2601:602:880:1907::3483> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:11 Pro-Panda http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]8-05-01#i_2922160
13:11 iamutkarshtiwari great!
13:12 thanks
13:12 Pro-Panda walterbender: iamutkarshtiwari: Kindly suggest improvements and changes in the timeline
13:13 https://gist.github.com/Pro-Pa[…]251ee89e6641da9b3
13:14 iamutkarshtiwari So this plan is just for this week, right?
13:15 Pro-Panda It seemed a bit ambitious to me for a week, so I planned to extend this to a week and a half maybe
13:15 iamutkarshtiwari I see
13:16 Pro-Panda (Rougly 7-8 days)
13:16 iamutkarshtiwari It's better to log down all your work(progress) in your blog weekly
13:17 Pro-Panda Sure
13:17 I will put up the blog post by tonight
13:17 walterbender +1
13:18 Pro-Panda I have nothing more in mind, as of now :-)
13:18 iamutkarshtiwari Just a suggestion
13:18 Pro-Panda Yes, please
13:19 iamutkarshtiwari It's always better to make small PRs so they can be easily and quickly reviewed
13:20 Pro-Panda Quozl suggested against it, since we don't want to have a non-working version of the toolkit or datastore at any point in time, since that hampers the use of git bisect
13:20 iamutkarshtiwari While planning you can break down a issue (with a potentially big PR) into sub tickets
13:20 I see..
13:21 walterbender: What are your thoughts on this?
13:21 walterbender I think as long as there is a comprehensive commit message, then it is OK
13:22 iamutkarshtiwari pro-panda: ^
13:22 Pro-Panda walterbender: I will make sure of that
13:22 iamutkarshtiwari: Sure :-)
13:23 iamutkarshtiwari pro-panda: Can you share the link to your blog here?
13:24 Pro-Panda #link https://pro-panda.tech
13:24 iamutkarshtiwari Thank you
13:25 Pro-Panda Anything else on which we should discuss ?
13:25 walterbender not on my end
13:25 iamutkarshtiwari Nothing from my side
13:26 Let's wrap up then
13:26 Pro-Panda Sure
13:26 #end-meeting
13:26 meeting Meeting ended Tue May 15 13:26:38 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
13:26 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-15T13:00:27.html
13:26 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-15T13:00:27

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster