Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-05-13 17:32:30

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
17:32 meeting Meeting started Sun May 13 17:32:30 2018 UTC. The chair is vipulgupta2048_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:32 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
17:33 Abdul <Abdul!d4af9668@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.175.150.104> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:33 vipulgupta2048_ #topic Meeting#3 Updates Setting up the activity server
17:33 Hi Abdul unimauro
17:34 Abdul Hello
17:34 vipulgupta2048_ Updates from my side would be just a little more than what we already discussed in our last meeting on Friday.
17:34 Abdul Vipul about the time tracker
17:34 vipulgupta2048_ I will repost it here for reference.
17:34 Yes.
17:34 Abdul Upwork is meant for freelancing
17:34 I found a better alternative
17:35 vipulgupta2048_ Ok, (This is in reference to time management of keeping 30 hours a week)
17:35 Abdul checkout wakatime.com
17:36 I used to use it some time ago, but don't know how well it's holding up now
17:36 vipulgupta2048_ Very interesting, but I use Geany as my editor cum IDE
17:36 Abdul Instead of just tracking time, it tracks the time you are actually coding, when you install the plugin in your text editor.
17:37 vipulgupta2048_ I will give it a shot nonetheless, as I work both on Atom and emacs too.
17:37 I will do that
17:37 Abdul Okay
17:37 So give us a brief update
17:37 And challenges you're facing currently
17:38 vipulgupta2048_ From the meeting on Friday, I been focusing on some miscellaneous tasks
17:38 The progress for my week is as follows
17:38 What I have been doing ?
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 1. Exams finished on 10 May
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 2. Working on the script - I have completed 2 out of the decided five parameters that were need to be found and fixed in the activity repositories.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 3. Had problems with configparser; solved them.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 4. Read about some new methods to parse Config files and markdown files, configobj seems promising.
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 5. I wrote a blog post on a way to not lose messages while away on IRC using bouncers. Please do give it a read - https://mixstersite.wordpress.[…]eek-that-went-by/
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> What will I do next week
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 1. Finish the analysis script
17:38 <vipulgupta2048> 2. Post a summary of my analysis for the community to check and attain insight. 2. Use the summary to move on to my next tasks of fixing activities (specifically activity.info files).
17:39 3. Finished reading the documentation for configparser. Will write a blog post about it with updates for week 3.
17:39 No challenges so far.
17:39 This is from the meeting on Friday.
17:39 Later, PyDelhi (Python Community in Delhi) organized a meetup where I talked a little about GSoC and Sugar Labs.
17:40 Told others about my project and how to get started if they want to contribute to Sugar Labs by taking points from Quozl's mail
17:41 I intend to publish a draft of the analysis script till tomorrow (On the mailing list)
17:41 That's all
17:42 I did ping Rdsadhu if I could get the migration script that he is working on. But till now received no response from his side. Will ping him again.
17:43 I will also start working on the blog updates #3 which will be based a little about the module, ConfigParser
17:43 unimauro, there?
17:44 Abdul I did read your blogpost
17:44 It's nice
17:44 vipulgupta2048_ Pratul1997, ping !
17:44 Thank you Abdul
17:45 Abdul Just to be clear, what does the analysis script do exactly?
17:46 And which parameters have you gotten handled?
17:46 vipulgupta2048_ In the view of first finding missing parameters and then fixing.
17:46 perrie has quit IRC
17:47 Abdul Okay
17:47 vipulgupta2048_ I have included README.md, License field in Activity.info, LICENSE.md file, summary field in activity.info
17:47 I noted all that I have to work on in my diary.
17:47 For a quick and accurate reference
17:48 Abdul Okay cool
17:48 vipulgupta2048_ Basically we are checking if the repo is consistent or not. If not then fix.
17:48 Abdul So, do you need anything in specific for this week
17:48 vipulgupta2048_ and then recheck.
17:48 Abdul ?
17:48 I will be available during the evenings
17:48 My exam weeks are approaching also :)
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ I will ping you and unimauro, if I need it.
17:49 Abdul Okay.
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ When are they starting from.
17:49 Abdul I'm starting next week monday
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ And you are in which year?
17:49 Abdul and it'll last for about a week
17:49 It's my first year :)
17:50 And that's the week i also have google codejam round 2
17:50 vipulgupta2048_ Cool Cool.
17:50 You are pursuing ..? #offtopic
17:51 Abdul You can ping me anytime during the week, i will try to respond, but mostly during the evenings
17:51 vipulgupta2048_ unimauro, any questions ?
17:51 Abdul Bachelors of computer engineering
17:54 Any other thing to be discussed in this meeting?
17:54 vipulgupta2048 I got nothing rlse.
17:54 vipulgupta2048__ <vipulgupta2048__!~vipulgupt@117.242.227.23> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:55 vipulgupta2048 Else*
17:55 Abdul Okay
17:55 Then that will be the end of today's meeting
17:55 vipulgupta2048__ #end-meeting
17:55 Abdul Do have an amazing week everyone
17:55 vipulgupta2048 You too, good luck
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
17:55 Abdul has quit IRC
17:55 vipulgupta2048 #end-meeting
17:56 vipulgupta2048__ #endmeeting
17:57 vipulgupta2048 #endmeeting
17:58 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:59 vipulgupta2048__ Hi walterbender
17:59 I have issued the end meeting command countless time, but it's not ending. I need the logs for today's meeting in my MoM
18:05 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00d824337ed78​b047d.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:22 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
18:25 unimauro has quit IRC
18:25 walterbender has quit IRC
18:27 perrie <perrie!~perrie@197.210.8.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:32 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.227.23> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:33 vipulgupta2048__ has quit IRC
18:33 vipulgupta2048_ #endmeeting
18:33 meeting Meeting ended Sun May 13 18:33:22 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
18:33 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-13T17:32:30.html
18:33 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-13T17:32:30

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster