Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-05-04 16:30:45

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
16:30 meeting Meeting started Fri May  4 16:30:45 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:31 iqra <iqra!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 walterbender is yashagrawal3 here?
16:31 llaske hi
16:31 yashagrawal3 Yes! Hello
16:31 walterbender We will go in reverse ABC order today :)
16:31 yashagrawal3, do you have a blog yet?
16:32 yashagrawal3 I have last exam tomorrow, i'll write tomorrow positively. Apologies for being late.
16:32 walterbender ok. please send me an email with the link so I can add it to the wiki
16:33 anything else to report from this week?
16:33 yashagrawal3 Sure! I had a conversation with my mentors, we are planning a meeting tomorrow.
16:34 walterbender great...
16:34 would be good it we list the meeting times on the wiki too...
16:34 I am having trouble keeping track :P
16:34 jaskirat walterbender: +1
16:34 rdrsadhu +1
16:34 riyalohia +1
16:35 walterbender and yashagrawal3, your plans for this week?
16:35 a-ritwik_ <a-ritwik_!0e8bc409@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.196.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:35 amanharitsh123 +1
16:35 a-ritwik_ has quit IRC
16:36 yashagrawal3 Finalize timeline with mentors
16:36 a-ritwik has quit IRC
16:36 yashagrawal3 And start working on some activities, just to get in glow back again
16:36 perrie has quit IRC
16:36 walterbender OK... I imaging things will pick up starting next week
16:36 yashagrawal3, one more thing: there are some other volunteers who want to work on GTK3 conversion
16:37 please think about a way to coordinate those efforts as well
16:37 vipulgupta2048_, can you please give your update?
16:37 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!0e8bc409@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.196.9> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:37 yashagrawal3 Okay! Fine with them. Let me know about them. I am cool with it.
16:39 walterbender thx yashagrawal3
16:39 vipulgupta2048_, ???
16:40 vaibhavdaren, your turn...
16:40 we'll get to vipulgupta2048_ later
16:40 vaibhavdaren okay
16:40 hi , this week i have been working on porting examples from turtleart to turtleblock-js
16:41 I have been in regular touch with my mentors.
16:41 I have succesfully ported 2 examples.
16:41 Porting these examples I learnt the difference between the turtleart(python version) and turtleblocksjs(web version).
16:41 ibiam hi
16:41 vaibhavdaren This week I plan to devote more time and start the initial build of my project as I have my college end semester exam from 14 may to 21 may and want to give all my attention to the project in the coming week so that I dont lag behind my proposed timeline
16:42 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: sounds good !!
16:42 samsongoddy Awesome
16:42 walterbender vaibhavdaren, you saw my patch from yesterday?
16:42 vaibhavdaren My second objective will be correcting the broken links in the github pages as some of the examples are not loading properly from the guide.
16:42 I also plan to finalise my timeline in the next meeting with mentors.
16:43 yes i have stared the repo whenever you make a pull request
16:43 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: awsome !!
16:43 walterbender vaibhavdaren, I didn't see the new example on the server yet
16:44 vaibhavdaren i get a mail with commit summary,file changes and patch links
16:44 its name is graphics-palm
16:44 walterbender vaibhavdaren, keep reporting bugs to me so we can remove any roadblocks
16:44 vaibhavdaren, I saw that one... I was thinking of the next one you were working on
16:45 palm looks great, BTW
16:45 vaibhavdaren yes the smooth-candy example is not showing "red colour" and i am not able to debug why
16:45 walterbender:thanks :D :D
16:45 walterbender maybe send me your latest version
16:46 fixed some bugs related to multiple turtles this morning...
16:46 anything else to mention today? please be sure to keep blogging
16:46 I think riyalohia is next?
16:46 vaibhavdaren okay , sure
16:46 :D
16:47 riyalohia walterbender, Last week I worked on hierarchy chart, cleared some concepts regarding modes, and improved the design according to the chart.
16:47 I was not able to work this week beacuse of my end term exams.
16:48 In the upcoming week, I have to finalize my timeline and I have to update the proposal according to the chart and get them reviewed.
16:48 walterbender +1
16:48 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::88db> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:48 walterbender riyalohia, please discuss with Devin whether or not we also need to account for double sharp and double flat in your chart.
16:48 I suspect we do
16:49 riyalohia walterbender, will surely discuss it.
16:49 walterbender great. thx
16:50 rdrsadhu, I think you are next?
16:50 rdrsadhu yes, Hi!
16:50 (1) what I did during the week:
16:50 (a) Researched about the content in different wiki-pages.
16:50 I note them down at https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]s_to_git#Research
16:51 (b) Migrated pages from the Wiki to GitHub. Total migrated pages so far = 27
16:51 Migration status of all pages is listed at https://github.com/rdrsadhu/be[…]/master/README.md
16:51 vaibhavdaren_ rdrsadhu:+1
16:51 rdrsadhu .
16:51 vaibhavdaren_ nice work
16:51 rdrsadhu (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
16:51 (a) Research and learn more (as required)
16:51 (b) Migrate more pages (I'm not promising a count here; as the number of pages migrated depends a lot on their content; and how they are linked to one another)
16:52 .
16:52 (3) any concerns/roadblocks/issues:
16:52 (a) At present, a number of activities fail to start.
16:52 so migrating their user-documentation to the help-activity may be misleading.
16:52 .
16:52 As in, when reading the documentation from help.sugarlabs.org, users may try to download and run the activity
16:52 walterbender rdrsadhu, I think that we need to fix the broken activities independent of migrating their docs
16:52 rdrsadhu see https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/pull/47
16:52 and
16:53 https://github.com/godiard/help-activity/pull/43
16:53 walterbender but maybe the help PR should have an indication that the activity is currently broken?
16:53 rdrsadhu yes, but is it the other way round?
16:53 vipulgupta2048_ I just got here. I can give my update when everyone is done or whatever you prefer.
16:54 walterbender rdrsadhu, oh.
16:54 ibiam rdrsadhu, i doubt
16:54 walterbender let's discuss it with Quozl
16:54 rdrsadhu ie the docs need to be migrated independent of the broken activities?
16:54 okay.
16:54 I'll join the next devel-meeting.
16:54 walterbender rdrsadhu, +1
16:54 manki11 <manki11!~mankirats@103.253.203.8> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:55 walterbender rdrsadhu, but maybe you can work on the broken activities later in the summer
16:55 manki11 HI, I am mankirat, sorry for being late
16:55 rdrsadhu yes, I'm following a similar path
16:55 walterbender rdrsadhu, also, I don't think there are many activity wiki pages that are not in English
16:55 maybe 2-3 tops
16:55 rdrsadhu yeah
16:55 walterbender so you can hold off on those too
16:55 rdrsadhu okay
16:56 walterbender anything else for rdrsadhu ?
16:56 rdrsadhu things will get more clear, as we proceed.
16:56 walterbender yes
16:56 rdrsadhu Nope. That will be all. :)
16:56 thanks!
16:56 walterbender Pro-Panda, your turn
16:57 maybe Pro-Panda is not here at the moment...
16:58 octamois, are you here?
16:58 octamois, I just saw your email...
16:58 questions are never a problem.
16:58 we can perhaps discuss the sugar repos after the meeting
16:58 manki11, I know you are here :)
16:58 your turn
16:58 manki11 yes
16:58 octamois Ok
16:59 manki11 walterbender: what exactly do i need to do , joined late
16:59 octamois Listening and waiting
16:59 walterbender (1) what you did last week
16:59 (2) what you plan for next week
16:59 (3) any concerns
17:00 vipulgupta2048_ walterbender, I am ready with my update.
17:00 manki11 ok, last week lionel and i started working on the sprint math activity, we plan to integrate all sugar features in that, so i become familiar with the dev environment, before GSOC starts. Next week we plan to start making UI designs for the exerciser activity.
17:01 walterbender any concerns or roadblocks?
17:01 manki11 none, as of now
17:01 walterbender great...
17:01 llaske, any comments?
17:02 llaske No that's fine
17:02 walterbender sounds good...
17:02 vipulgupta2048_, your turn
17:02 vipulgupta2048_ What I did this week.
17:02 1. Exam finished; started working from 3 May. Blog has been setup, working on a new blog post over bouncers and week 2 updates. Talked with Jatin who made the ASLO project about my project. He is excited to work and collaborate on the same.
17:02 2. Working on my repo-status check script. For checking of various things that are missing.
17:02 3. Asked my concerns on #sugar
17:02 Work for next week
17:02 1. Work out a timeline and start towards solving the problems that we mentioned on the tracker.
17:03 2. Start working on a script and conclude the research part of the project over the weekend
17:03 walterbender glad to hear Jatin is in the loop
17:03 vipulgupta2048_ He is glad as well.
17:04 I do have to work out how I am going to generate summaries of activities.
17:04 And how long they should be ?
17:04 Any ideas you might have regarding that?
17:04 walterbender vipulgupta2048_, I think we may be able to leverage some of rdrsadhu 's work for that
17:05 rdrsadhu, is there an obvious way to pull a short description?
17:05 vipulgupta2048_ Yes, that as well. But I wanted to know where exactly are the description being displayed. This would affect how brief it should be.
17:05 Since activity.info has summaries of about 4-5 words
17:06 llaske has quit IRC
17:06 walterbender vipulgupta2048_, some a re longer
17:06 rdrsadhu every repo has a README file, containing a short description
17:06 walterbender I think they are used in the details page of ASLO-3
17:06 rdrsadhu talking just about the pages, migrated so far.
17:06 walterbender rdrsadhu, that is exactly what we need
17:07 rdrsadhu see https://github.com/sugarlabs/level-activity
17:07 vipulgupta2048_ Right, how about I go with scraping that first para of readme.md and storing in activity.info ?
17:07 rdrsadhu or https://github.com/sugarlabs/locosugar
17:07 vipulgupta2048_ Would that be fine ?
17:07 octamois Will only the first paragraph always enough for description?
17:08 walterbender I think that for this purpose it should work
17:08 be curious what your script comes up with
17:09 vipulgupta2048_ You and me included. I will keep you posted. Will take out the best solution.
17:09 walterbender +1
17:09 vipulgupta2048_ Nothing more from my side.
17:09 walterbender OK
17:09 octamois, your turn
17:09 octamois Okay
17:09 What did i do this week?
17:10 I tried to figure out the current work as progress to port executed in different sugar repositories. Discussed my summer plans with my mentors.
17:10 My plan for the next week?
17:11 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:11 octamois As my exams are approaching(14 May-21 May), I’ll try to start work for the week1 coding period to allow me some relaxation just a little. I will surely be looking for sugar-toolkit port and finalise a timeline with my mentors. I will be attending a CI workshop on 12 May that can be fruitful for community later.
17:11 Regular update
17:11 My mentors, they are replying positively and we have a meeting scheduled at 4:00 PM IST tomorrow for how will we proceed further.
17:12 walterbender +1
17:12 octamois That's all I have to mention.
17:12 walterbender octamois, thanks
17:12 iqra, are you here?
17:12 iqra Hi!Its Iqra. I am working on sugarizer primero app. This week I worked on design mockups and made an animated logo for the app.  The design mockups and animated logo screen links can be viewed on my blog (https://iqragsoc.wordpress.com/).
17:12 octamois walterbender: welcome
17:13 iqra For the next week, I plan to work on coding one of the activities mentioned in the proposal
17:14 walterbender iqra, the mockups look nice
17:14 iqra Thanks :)
17:14 samsongoddy Loved it
17:14 rdrsadhu +1
17:14 iqra Thanks Samson
17:14 walterbender iqra, when do you guys all meet to discuss these?
17:15 iqra We have a meeting scheduled tomorrow on saturday at 14 UTC
17:15 walterbender will try to be a fly on the wall
17:15 iqra Everyone is welcomed to join and give feedback
17:15 ibiam iqra, cool design
17:15 walterbender anything else you want to tell us?
17:15 iqra Thanks
17:16 My mentors have me guided me so well until now
17:16 Thanks to Samson, Caryl and Perrie
17:16 jaskirat iqra: nice designs
17:16 iqra jaskirat: Thanks
17:17 walterbender we should continue
17:17 amanharitsh123, your turn
17:17 amanharitsh123 yes :)
17:17 Well,Hello everyone
17:17 In the last week's meeting we prioritized docker installation on raspberry pi as the step#1.After trying various installation method I finally found that the installation through binaries works flawlessly. Link to the same : https://github.com/amanharitsh[…]arizer-school-box
17:17 The only problem I have found till now is that the docker daemon doesnt start automatically even by appending commands to rc.local.
17:17 In today's meeting Hrishi has suggested to try invoking a python script for the same by rc.local.
17:17 So , the upcoming week's task will be
17:17 1) to organize the sugarizer school box repo as suggested by Michael.
17:17 2) try fixing the docker daemon problem.
17:18 walterbender sounds good
17:18 any sense of how the performance on RPi?
17:19 amanharitsh123 well ,I suppose RPi 2/3 will perform well
17:19 perrie has quit IRC
17:19 amanharitsh123 with heavy traffic too
17:19 walterbender great
17:19 amanharitsh123 I will be able to provide more clear
17:19 walterbender sugar runs great on RPi3
17:19 amanharitsh123 analysis after installing sugarizer server :)
17:19 walterbender mohayon_, any comments?
17:20 mohayon_ Hey :) We agreed on focusing on the server part. If everything is ok we will try adding an Sugarizer Client
17:20 walterbender OK. thanks amanharitsh123
17:20 amanharitsh123 :)
17:21 walterbender a-ritwik, your turn
17:21 a-ritwik My end semester exams ended today so I could not work on my project in the previous week.
17:21 walterbender hope it went OK
17:21 a-ritwik Yeah
17:21 walterbender what's up for next week?
17:21 a-ritwik This week I will be going deeply through codes of various widgets in Music Blocks and will be fixing bugs.
17:22 I plan to fix bugs before implementing enhancements.
17:22 walterbender +1
17:22 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@softbank-robotics-gw1.ter4​.eqx2.par.cust.as8218.eu> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:22 a-ritwik Can you please provide email ID of third mentor Kieren MacMillan ?
17:23 walterbender a-ritwik, sure
17:24 a-ritwik, I'll send you a link to a new MB project as soon as I unbreak it
17:24 a-ritwik Thanks, I will contact him tomorrow.
17:24 walterbender inspiration for a new widget
17:24 a-ritwik What it does ?
17:24 jaskirat sounds good
17:24 walterbender let's you put notes on a score and play them
17:25 a-ritwik nice
17:25 walterbender wants to have a MB project equivalent for each widget
17:25 I think it is a reasonable goal
17:25 mohayon_ has quit IRC
17:25 walterbender and a TB project for every Sugar/Sugarizer activity
17:26 a bit more ambitious, bit not impossible
17:26 vaibhavdaren_, ^^
17:26 did I miss anyone?
17:26 Anyone else have comments?
17:26 a-ritwik I think I need to discuss any possible changes in timeline of my project.
17:26 walterbender a-ritwik, we can do that offline
17:27 a-ritwik sure
17:27 walterbender thanks for the update
17:27 vaibhavdaren a-riwik,ok i will be doing the same for turtleblocksjs
17:27 walterbender Very efficient meeting :)
17:27 thanks everyone
17:28 amanharitsh123 thank you walterbender :)
17:28 mohayon has quit IRC
17:28 walterbender see everyone next week (if not sooner)
17:29 #end-meeting
17:29 meeting Meeting ended Fri May  4 17:29:00 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:29 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T16:30:45.html
17:29 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T16:30:45

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster