Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2018-05-04 14:17:25

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
14:17 meeting Meeting started Fri May  4 14:17:25 2018 UTC. The chair is ibiam. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:17 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:18 divyanshu <divyanshu!0e8bf3aa@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.243.170> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:18 divyanshu Hey
14:18 iamonuwa shall we start?
14:18 divyanshu iamonuwa: yes sure
14:18 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
14:19 divyanshu rdrsadhu, ibiam are you there?
14:19 ibiam yep, the meeting has started
14:19 rdrsadhu was about to say something, right?
14:19 divyanshu ibiam: cool
14:19 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: go ahead please
14:19 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:20 rdrsadhu: go ahead please
14:20 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
14:20 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:21 rdrsadhu sorry, got disconnected.
14:21 shall we start?
14:21 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: tell us the about your commitment
14:21 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes we can
14:22 rdrsadhu #start-meeting
14:22 meeting rdrsadhu: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.
14:22 rdrsadhu I'm working on migrating the wiki pages listed under
14:22 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: meeting has started already
14:23 rdrsadhu https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]#Sugar_Activities
14:23 to GitHub
14:24 These pages needs to be migrated because, the source code of the repositories have already been moved
14:24 ibiam rdrsadhu: i started the meeting
14:24 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:24 iamonuwa Great!
14:24 rdrsadhu but the documentation still resides in the wiki
14:25 iamonuwa Github wiki pages?
14:25 rdrsadhu does, this it gets harder and difficult for people to maintain both the places: GitHub + wiki.sugarlabs.org
14:26 iamonuwa rdrsadhu +1
14:26 rdrsadhu you can read more about it at
14:26 https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]vity_pages_to_git
14:27 * How I'm getting the job done:
14:27 I've been developing a script in python
14:27 iamonuwa Yes you are
14:28 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes I saw the script on your proposal as well.
14:28 rdrsadhu which first fetches the wiki content (you can say scraps) with the help of Mediawiki API
14:28 iamonuwa Okay
14:28 rdrsadhu and then uses pandoc to convert wikitext to markdown
14:28 ibiam rdrsadhu: in translating non-english pages, are you planning on creating a translated page in the wiki or in your migration?
14:29 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:29 ibiam or both?
14:29 rdrsadhu yes, though it mainly depends on the content
14:29 ibiam how so?
14:29 divyanshu ibiam: +1
14:30 does pandoc also converts non-english pages?
14:30 rdrsadhu just in the translated page. because the wiki pages will be deprecated after the migration
14:30 ibiam my thoughts exactly
14:30 rdrsadhu I still do not know how many pages contain non-english texts. so
14:31 if the count is large, I'll have to find out an automated method
14:31 ibiam well, it's an ongoing project so your list will increase with time
14:31 rdrsadhu I'll research and let you know about this in the next meeting
14:31 yes
14:31 divyanshu rdrsadhu: cool
14:32 ibiam >if the count is large, I'll have to find out an automated method
14:32 great idea
14:32 rdrsadhu and if the count is small, I'll gladly do it manually, using google-translated (or naything similar)
14:32 Some parts of the migration require manual intervention too.
14:33 Like correcting links which do not work anymore
14:33 divyanshu rdrsadhu: but as mentioned by ibiam it's an onging project so if new wiki pages will be added in the future then how you will migrating them if automation is not there will you do it manually?
14:34 satellit do you know about this? http://activities.sugarlabs.org/activities/
14:35 also https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]#Sugar-Activities
14:35 rdrsadhu The organization plans to write new activity documentation in GitHub itself, in the coming future right?
14:35 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yes for sure
14:36 but what if new documentation is being added in the gsoc period itself?
14:36 ibiam rdrsadhu: some pages in the wiki have been marked as deprecated with links to their new pages, so that will help
14:36 perrie has quit IRC
14:36 rdrsadhu satellit, no. I've seen them but never read them in detail.
14:37 satellit, I'll read them up. thanks!
14:37 ibiam, yes
14:37 satellit the numbers on the first list latest and erlier versions of each activity use https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]y_Matrix_(A_to_I)
14:38 rdrsadhu divyanshu, If new documentation is added, I'll keep an eye. and migrate them too.
14:38 satellit https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]y_Matrix_(J_to_Z)  to see number and compatabiity for versions of sugar
14:38 ?old work
14:38 divyanshu rdrsadhu: +1 but you will do it manually right?
14:39 rdrsadhu I'll have to run the script again.
14:39 divyanshu rdrsadhu: yup got it no problem :)
14:40 satellit good luck   needs lots of testing
14:40 divyanshu satellit: +1
14:41 rdrsadhu I've migrated a few pages already
14:41 see the details at https://github.com/rdrsadhu/beta-migration-script
14:42 iamonuwa rdrsadhu: +1
14:42 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Yes I can see +1
14:43 rdrsadhu divyanshu, on your question if pandoc converts non-english texts as well? I've haven't tried it. But I guess, the job of pandoc is to convert the formatting
14:43 and not the content
14:43 like wikitext to markdown
14:44 divyanshu rdrsadhu: okay I got it and if the wikipage is updated then pandoc automatically suncs it or you will have to run script again?
14:45 rdrsadhu as we move forward, things will get clear.
14:45 The wiki page SHOULD not be updated. It shall be deprecated after the migration
14:45 and linked to its github counterpart
14:46 divyanshu rdrsadhu: okay cool
14:46 rdrsadhu see https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Abacus
14:46 and if updated, I'll have to run the script again.
14:47 ibiam nice work, rdrsadhu
14:47 rdrsadhu The script does a one time job. and is not continuous as of now.
14:47 divyanshu rdrsadhu: nice work Good luck
14:47 rdrsadhu thanks!
14:48 iamonuwa Great work rdrsadhu
14:48 rdrsadhu the priority is more on the content, and to place it in appropriate places, such that people find it easily.
14:48 does, anybody have any more questions?
14:49 divyanshu No I am fine iamonuwa: ibiam do you have any other Questions if not then we are done for today I guess?
14:49 rdrsadhu and we meeting again next week, same time?
14:49 ibiam I'm good
14:49 #end-meeting
14:49 iamonuwa I don't have any question
14:49 divyanshu Yes sure
14:49 meeting Meeting ended Fri May  4 14:49:45 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:49 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-04T14:17:25.html
14:49 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-04T14:17:25

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster