Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2016-07-15 12:26:15

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
12:26 meeting Meeting started Fri Jul 15 12:26:15 2016 UTC. The chair is mohayon. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:26 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:26 pikurasa Yeah, now it is official!
12:26 mohayon Hi everyone :)
12:26 pikurasa Which group wants to go first?
12:27 Okay, I volunteer hemant_kasat
12:27 #topic music-blocks
12:27 Go ahead, hemant_kasat
12:28 What has changed so far?
12:29 mohayon #topic music-blocks
12:29 pikurasa Well, I can say what I have seen...
12:30 Hemant added a save feature for pitch-staircase this week.
12:30 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari one for Rachel is http://dev.worldpossible.org/c[…]d.pl?module_id=21
12:30 hemant_kasat So about my update , I started pitchstaircase widget, I have implemented basic functionality to apply music proportions to the pitch stairs to get another and the stairs can be played also. here is the link to my recent blog draft https://docs.google.com/docume[…]/edit?usp=sharing
12:30 mohayon #chair pikurasa
12:30 meeting Current chairs: mohayon pikurasa
12:30 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Awesome! Thanks!
12:30 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari a second one is http://dev.worldpossible.org/c[…]od.pl?module_id=1
12:31 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Thanks! I have this one ^
12:31 pikurasa hemant_kasat: I believe you are going to work on tempo widget next. Is that correct?
12:32 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: There is one more collection I need.
12:32 hemant_kasat I will update the changes pikurasa suggested right now soon.  pikurasa :  Yes , the next widget is tempo widget
12:32 pikurasa For those who do not know, a Google Code-in student started implementation for this Widget, but it is not yet complete. Hemant's job is to integrate it into the current interface/design.
12:33 *this Widget = Tempo Widget
12:33 hemant_kasat: Any questions?
12:35 hemant_kasat pikurasa ,  i don't have any questions right now, maybe when i start with the tempo widget or implement more for pitchstaircase, i start getting question, so I will mail you about my questions .
12:36 pikurasa Okay, sounds good. The main challenge will be...
12:36 Taking what the GCI student did and integrating it into our current design.
12:36 Okay, who wants to go next?
12:37 lp1 May I ?
12:37 pikurasa Sure, please remind us of topic. Thanks!
12:38 lp1 #topic sugarizeros
12:38 pikurasa (remind me) :p
12:38 mohayon #topic sugarizeros
12:38 pikurasa Okay, what's the latest news?
12:39 lp1 So, last week I worked on some patchs for the design and display of informations in the neighbourhood view, mostly with the Wireless networks I added and the refresh. I made some performance improvements too, there is still some work to do on this side but it's way nicer to user now. So now the main fix I have to do is with the journal
12:40 (The display of my Android application is sometimes messed up in the journal)
12:42 (And that's it for last week :) )
12:42 pikurasa lp1: Any big challenges ahead?
12:43 (there are always challenges...)
12:44 vikram__ <vikram__!uid165104@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-gyqqwpkjmaapqtmc> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:45 lp1 Mostly some fixes, cache optimisation and rewriting of some of sugarizer code, but I think that the biggest challenges so far were the integration of Android Apps, Settings and Wireless Networks. I'm glad I'm done with these parts
12:46 pikurasa lp1: Got the help you need?
12:46 vikram__ Hi everyone, sorry i am late
12:47 lp1 pikurasa: Definitely ! I'm pretty often in touch with my mentors and they're always helpful
12:47 pikurasa hi vikram__ We are talking about sugarizeros right now
12:47 lp1: Awesome!
12:47 Okay, who is next?
12:47 vikram__ I can go next
12:48 pikurasa vikram__: Okay, what topic?
12:48 (sorry, I do not know)
12:49 What project?
12:49 vikram__ pikurasa: My project is Git Backend
12:49 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
12:49 vikram__ I can give an update on that
12:49 pikurasa #topic Git Backend
12:49 vikram__: Go ahead and give us an update! (I LOVE this idea, BTW)
12:50 vikram__ So by last weekend i finished the Git Backend on the TurtleJS
12:50 I will give link to my blog
12:50 This week i started porting the backend to the Python version of Turtle
12:50 TurtleArt
12:50 davelab6 `nice!
12:51 vikram__ Walter wanted me to work on the GTK3 Branch, but there was an issue with the GTK3 branch so i have started porting the function in GTK2 branch and when the former branch is fixed, the functions can be added then
12:51 pikurasa Awesome, please share blog!
12:51 davelab6 vikram__: what was the issu?
12:52 pikurasa vikram__: I assume that this will work with Music Blocks as well? (Music Blocks is fork of Turtle Blocks JS)
12:52 vikram__ The activity was not starting
12:52 Yeah , so it is activity independent, with just little changes it will work with it
12:53 http://vikramahujagsoc.blogspot.in/
12:53 pikurasa vikram__: Please describe where people can try it (and how) in a blog post, too.
12:53 vikram__ I have not yet updated it since last 2 weeks, will do it today
12:54 tony37 excuse my ignorance, this is providing version control - for what object?
12:54 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!2bf7292d@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:54 mohayon has quit IRC
12:54 vikram__ pikurasa: Okay i will do that
12:54 tony37: as in?
12:54 tony37 Turtle Art , a turtle art project?
12:55 vikram__ tony37: In turtle JS we have given a version control for the blocks and their positions
12:55 pikurasa tony37: Yes, version control for turtle blocks code
12:55 vikram__ So yeah the turtle Blocks code
12:55 tony37 The code of the activity or the activity user's visual code
12:56 vikram__ In write activity it will be what the user write
12:56 The activity user's visual code
12:56 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Besides Rachel and Gutenberg, there was another book collection you told us about.
12:57 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari start with getting it working with one collection - that sets a pattern for the others
12:57 vikram_ thanks
12:57 vikram__ tony37: So by this the user can commit the turtle blocks code,can load it as a repo, so who all made what changes and can revert to them anytime
12:58 tony37 So that a Turtle Art project can be a group effort?
12:58 vikram__ Yes, it can be now
12:58 pikurasa BRILLIANT!
12:59 tony37 I mean over time, not working at the same time
12:59 pikurasa Unleash the turtle blocks code! forks and all!
12:59 okay, who wants to go next? What topic?
12:59 vikram__ But as of now i am saving the objects locally, i am not saving them online, although it will be done by the end
13:00 tony37 In the activity data instance?
13:01 pikurasa What is next project to present?
13:01 What about fonts?
13:02 Anyone here for fonts? (other than mentor, Dave)
13:02 elih Yash isn't online, dave has been trying to contact him.
13:03 pikurasa elih: Okay, thanks!
13:03 He seems otherwise communicative on the mail list...
13:03 Okay, any other topic?
13:03 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:04 mohayon has quit IRC
13:04 davelab6 fonts!
13:04 iamutkarshtiwari pikurasa: May I?
13:04 davelab6 iamutkarshtiwari: go ahead
13:04 pikurasa iamutkarshtiwari: Sure!
13:04 What topic, please?
13:04 iamutkarshtiwari #SaveAsPopup
13:04 pikurasa #topic saveaspopup
13:04 davelab6 oh boy ;)
13:04 pikurasa go ahead!
13:05 (I know nothing of this one, so please go easy on me)
13:05 ;D
13:05 iamutkarshtiwari I had already generated the PR for the same and have reworked the code to make it close to community expectation.
13:05 The aim of 'save as' is to provide the user with facility to rename the Journal objects
13:05 pikurasa What is the goal of this project?
13:05 iamutkarshtiwari on close.
13:06 It's like simpler version of git for users to provide different names to different project versions.
13:06 pikurasa Do you have blog, iamutkarshtiwari?
13:06 (that would help me, at least)
13:06 iamutkarshtiwari http://iamutkarshtiwari.wordpress.com
13:07 pikurasa looking now
13:07 iamutkarshtiwari pikurasa: I had also created a PR for 'activity resume gsettings' feature.
13:07 which is merged now.
13:08 pikurasa iamutkarshtiwari: So you said "community expectation". Are you on track to finish this soon?
13:08 iamutkarshtiwari Yes. There has been some heavy discussions about it's expected design. The mechanism is ready, all we need is community consensus on end design.
13:09 pikurasa iamutkarshtiwari: community consensus... so are you having a vote on it?
13:10 How are you gauging consensus?
13:10 iamutkarshtiwari I created a 'Design' thread on mailing list.
13:11 pikurasa Hmmm...
13:11 iamutkarshtiwari: Is it working?
13:11 iamutkarshtiwari The PR?
13:11 pikurasa iamutkarshtiwari: I might try some blog posts, too, or other ways to get people's understanding and vote.
13:12 iamutkarshtiwari: I don't usually like Google Doc, but maybe some central document to have everyone write their input.
13:13 iamutkarshtiwari +1
13:13 pikurasa Google Docs or Etherpad or something like that.
13:13 I don't really know the circumstances, but I know threads can get long and cluttered.
13:13 That being said, I have not read your thread.
13:13 I trust your judgement!
13:14 Okay, any other topics?
13:14 (getting late)
13:14 iamutkarshtiwari #JSFiddler
13:14 pikurasa #topic jsfiddler
13:14 tony37 The crux seems to be that this feature provides an alert on close requsting the user to supply a name for their project. Some folks fear that this will be a repeat of the previous modal dialog since removed.
13:14 pikurasa Okay, what is progress?
13:15 iamutkarshtiwari I have improved the UI of the fiddler as suggested by Mr. Anderson.
13:15 Added - View Source code feature.
13:15 Console toggler.
13:15 Prettified display of user code in the webconsole.
13:15 using BeautifulSoup
13:17 Improved backend file management system. and automatic garbage remover mechanism.
13:17 pikurasa iamutkarshtiwari: These .gifs on your blog are fun.
13:17 iamutkarshtiwari automated*
13:17 pikurasa ...and helpful
13:17 iamutkarshtiwari pikurasa: Thanks :)
13:18 pikurasa Excuse my super simple question:
13:18 Is JS Fiddler to live edit Java Script?
13:18 And see the results interpreted?
13:19 iamutkarshtiwari It's meant for the kids to test their Javascript code realtime inside Browse.
13:19 pikurasa Okay, got it.
13:19 iamutkarshtiwari JS+HTML+CSS*
13:19 pikurasa Just wanted to make sure.
13:19 Sounds like a useful tool.
13:19 iamutkarshtiwari Kids can edit the code and see the results.
13:20 davelab6 # edit fonts activity ?
13:20 iamutkarshtiwari It's a continuation of the last year's GSoC project.
13:20 pikurasa #topic edit fonts activity
13:20 Okay davelab6, where are we with this?
13:20 (Still no Yash?)
13:21 davelab6 yash is at a placement recruitment event at the moment so sends his regrets
13:21 the main work this week has been on the bezier point editing functionality, in PR https://github.com/sugarlabs/e[…]-activity/pull/74
13:21 pikurasa davelab6: Okay.
13:22 davelab6 i have been suggesting he drop this
13:22 and focus on packaging what he has into an .xo bundle
13:22 so i can start organizing formal user testing with real kids
13:22 but he has ploughed ahead with it
13:23 so its great to see he's been able to get it working fairly quickly
13:23 and said that he'll start working on the bundle stuff today
13:23 pikurasa He got bexier to work fairly quickly?
13:23 *bezier
13:23 davelab6 you can see a gif in the PR
13:23 lp1 has quit IRC
13:23 davelab6 https://raw.githubusercontent.[…]glyph-editing.gif
13:24 pikurasa davelab6: Thanks!
13:24 I think I like gif again!
13:25 So that is running on Sugar OS?
13:25 davelab6 no its just a python script
13:25 running outside sugar
13:25 i dont have osbuild set up here
13:25 and the git repo won't run directly after a 'python setup.py dev'
13:26 so i am waiting for yash to get the .xo bundle working
13:26 pikurasa Okay. But the migration is probably easy, I suppose.
13:26 davelab6 which will i think mean getting  'python setup.py dev' to work too
13:26 and the other major progress is in the Continuous Integration
13:26 https://sugarlabs.github.io/ed[…]s-activity/flake8
13:27 you can see PR 78 is failing
13:27 due to pep8 issues
13:27 ill fix those up
13:28 pikurasa Okay. Excited to have this new tool!
13:28 Thanks for spearheading this davelab6
13:28 Any other topics?
13:28 davelab6 elih: what do you want to work on tomorrow?
13:30 elih I'm free, so I do want to work on something. Let me think about it and get back to you.
13:31 pikurasa Maybe we should wrap up this meeting and continue the rest of the chatter in our respective ways?
13:31 Any topic that hasn't gone at all yet?
13:32 satellit has quit IRC
13:32 pikurasa Okay, I am going to end the meeting.
13:32 #endmeeting
13:32 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jul 15 13:32:41 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
13:32 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-15T12:26:15.html
13:32 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-07-15T12:26:15

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.