Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2016-07-01 12:01:11

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
12:01 meeting Meeting started Fri Jul  1 12:01:11 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:01 walterbender vikram_, why don't you get us started by telling us what you've been doing of late.
12:01 vikram_ Yeah
12:01 hemant_kasat walterbender , but I haven't checked it yet , I will do it soon
12:02 samtoday AbrahmAB: Awsome :)
12:02 elih <elih!~elih@ool-18b9572a.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:02 vikram_ So this week i have been working on two functions for the git backend. The first one is checking the difference between two commits and the other one is reverting to a commit
12:02 samtoday AbrahmAB: so I had a look at the collab bits
12:02 and by gosh it is a mess
12:02 lp1 <lp1!~lupin@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:02 AbrahmAB samtoday: +1
12:03 samtoday experimented with trying to get the send working, for the Hello message
12:03 vikram_ So in the case of Turtle JS the diff function required is such that it shows the difference between the number of blocks, their connections and their values
12:03 samtoday I get what you were spending your time on now :)
12:03 vikram_ I created a parser for that, i have not yet added it to the front end yet
12:04 AbrahmAB samtoday: have u able to send "hello" via text channel?
12:04 samtoday no :)
12:04 vikram_ The library that  i am using is called dulwich and it has a very weird implementation of the diff function and the git reset function. I have to make both of them by myself
12:04 samtoday I'll spend some more time on it this weekend
12:04 try to find out what the salut bug actually was
12:05 and/or setup a jabber server (jabber.slo seems very unreliable for me)
12:05 AbrahmAB: so you are going well in your polishing quest?
12:05 vikram_ And for the second part, that is reverting to a commit, here also i am using the diff function in one way which actually just pushes the previous code back to the server
12:05 AbrahmAB samtoday: Yes pretty well :)
12:05 icon is yet to be dne
12:06 in the last meeting u mentioned this *if I have a jobject from an activity in a project (eg. downloads from browse, photos from record), the “child object” should be in the project*
12:06 so u mean any file that is child of another file that is part of proj must also be the part of project??
12:06 vikram_ walterbender: Also i haven't had much success in creating a good front end for both these functions, but they are working well in the server
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: yes
12:07 walterbender vikram_, I can help you there
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: you could impliment it very nicely, as part of the datastore.create function
12:07 AbrahmAB samtoday: hmm, sure.
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: or, you could just add code to copy the "project-id" metadata when creating new objects into those 2 activities
12:07 walterbender but let's just start with buttons/widgets on the toolbar
12:08 AbrahmAB I still have a bug while filtering the list in project
12:08 samtoday actually, AbrahmAB, many activities have "export" functions, so doing it "nicely" in datastore.create would be nice
12:08 AbrahmAB: yep
12:08 vikram_ walterbender: So as of now i am just writing a commit id to revert back, what i am planning to do is making a scroll bar in the UI in which when a commit message is clicked, it will revert back to that commit. do you have any suggestions?
12:08 samtoday so your todo list is very short, but something like:
12:08 * icon
12:09 * filter out the project jobject
12:09 * include child entries
12:09 * add menu to copy a jobject into a project
12:09 and then send a patch?
12:09 AbrahmAB samtoday: yep sure :D
12:10 walterbender vikram_, that sounds good enough for now
12:10 samtoday AbrahmAB: if you want, you can send the patch without the "include child entries" feature, then I can start on the code review
12:10 but it looking good!
12:10 vikram_ walterbender: So i will update the blog with the necessary video then
12:10 AbrahmAB samtoday: okay once I fix these small bugs and setup the icon I will send the patch
12:11 samtoday +1
12:11 AbrahmAB samtoday: :)
12:12 walterbender vikram_, +1
12:12 hemant_kasat, wanna give an update?
12:12 vikram_ walterbender: Thanks
12:12 walterbender hemant_kasat, where do we stand re the rhythm ruler? any outstanding issues?
12:13 hemant_kasat, BTW, one part of my commit from last night may impact you.
12:14 hemant_kasat, I am using the COLLAPSIBLES constant throughout the code now, not just in block.js
12:14 hemant_kasat yes, I went to a trip as i informed you  so i couldn't do so much work, and for the rhythm ruler after dividing now the excess of width is not that much
12:15 and I will start the pitchstaircase widget now
12:15 walterbender hemant_kasat, what else was on Devin
12:15 s list?
12:15 for Rhythm Ruler?
12:15 Is it time for a PR?
12:15 hemant_kasat last he said the width should be 3-4 times the current for the whole note so i added a commit for that
12:16 walterbender hemant_kasat, +1
12:16 hemant_kasat yes i think it is time ,  what do you think ??
12:16 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@pdv.vipnetwork.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:16 walterbender hemant_kasat, I'll pull again this morning and take a look
12:16 should be about there
12:16 would be good to get this landed
12:17 we can continue to tweak after we get some more feedback from users
12:17 hemant_kasat sure !! let me know if any changes needs to be done
12:18 walterbender hemant_kasat, don't be shy about questions re pitch staircase
12:19 AbrahmAB, anything else you want to share with the group?
12:19 hemant_kasat yes sure !!
12:19 walterbender lp1, any updates?
12:20 AbrahmAB I am working on non-collab UX things as in my blog http://abrahmab.github.io/GSoC-Week-6/ till then Sam is looking into the collab
12:20 lp1 yes sure :)
12:20 Last week I made a freature to redefine the launcher when SugarizerOS is set as default launcher but it can't be done like this, it has to be done through the settings only unfortunately so I'm going to try to find a hack but if I can't I'll have to remove it and let the user change it through Android settings. I cleaned some of my code and I added the display of wifi networks inside the Neighbourhood
12:20 view, I still have a cache trouble to patch so the icons are switching colors every seconds but I'm looking into it right now and you still can see the networks and join the open networks :)
12:20 AbrahmAB I will send my patch for review as I complete the single user projects gets ready!
12:21 lp1 So today I'm going to add a popup to enter a WPA or WEP key (it is already handled in the Android part, there is just a front-end part missing) and patch the cache trouble with colors :)
12:21 yagarwal hi eli, you there?
12:21 walterbender lp1, all these details... lots of tedium
12:21 elih yes, hey yash!
12:22 yagarwal so for this weeks work,
12:22 I worked on solving the favorite star bug and adding a welcome page the activty, and I'm currently working on adding the editor to the activty and making git submodules to the repo
12:24 walterbender I'll be giving the community an update on GSoC later today, so everyone, please make sure your blogs are up to date.
12:24 ajay has quit IRC
12:26 ajay <ajay!ajay@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:26 walterbender is utkrash around?
12:27 vikram_, what is the URL for you blog?
12:27 ditto lp1
12:28 vikram_ walterbender: http://vikramahujagsoc.blogspot.com/
12:28 lp1 walterbender : http://lp1-eu.blogspot.fr/
12:28 vikram_ I have not yet updated it, i will do it now.
12:29 walterbender wants to add the links to the table in https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2016
12:30 vikram_, we have an oversight board meeting in 6.5 hrs
12:30 please update it before then.
12:30 vikram_ I will do it before then
12:31 walterbender thx
12:33 anything else for today?
12:34 thanks for the updates everyone.
12:34 #end-meeting
12:34 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jul  1 12:34:36 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
12:34 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T12:01:11.html
12:34 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-07-01T12:01:11

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster