Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2012-04-17 15:06:25

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
15:06 meeting Meeting started Tue Apr 17 15:06:25 2012 UTC. The chair is erikos. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:06 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:06 erikos who is around for the meeting?
15:06 silbe erikos: at least m_anish__, walterbender, manuq, gonzalo_ and me
15:07 manuq waves
15:07 erikos great!
15:08 * status of GTK3 port
15:09 m_anish__ is here
15:10 erikos reports please!
15:11 manuq erikos: so, the Browse pending tasks are here:
15:11 gonzalo_ erikos, i have released two versions of Read with bug fixes, fedback is welcomed
15:11 erikos gonzalo_: available through aslo I presume?
15:12 manuq http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/quer[…]&keywords=~12.1.0
15:12 gonzalo_ erikos, yes
15:12 humitos <humitos!~humitos@201-213-135-73.net.prima.net.ar> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:12 erikos manuq: btw, we should release with your fix for dpi on the XO
15:12 humitos hello
15:12 sorry, I'm late
15:12 manuq erikos: sure, I will do a release today
15:12 erikos manuq: if we do not have more stuff pending, we should spin a release so we get wide testing
15:12 manuq hi humitos
15:13 erikos: ok, will go though all steps this time :)
15:14 silbe humitos: welcome!
15:15 gonzalo_ manuq, the browse bug pending task list is short, great job
15:16 erikos manuq: thanks!
15:18 ok, so the toolkit-gtk3 part is slowly progressing
15:18 http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/quer[…]pe&milestone=0.96
15:18 I am looking at ^
15:18 I have added a component for the toolkit-gtk3 to track those issues
15:19 realistically will take some more time
15:21 manuq erikos: yeah
15:22 gonzalo_ erikos, may be we need a better definition of what should have the 0.96 milestone, that list is a little mixed
15:22 manuq erikos: taking into account the amount of devs mentioned in that trac view :)
15:22 erikos gonzalo_: yes, we should triage out
15:24 gonzalo_ erikos, ok, what is the plan? :)
15:24 silbe gonzalo_: +1. e.g. #3076 is a new feature, so not suitable for 0.96.
15:25 gonzalo_ silbe, yes
15:25 erikos we can triage out now
15:27 if you have tickets you own and can not work on them - please move them out
15:29 silbe done
15:31 #2702 sounds like it would involve API changes (activity.info format); any reason not to move to 0.98?
15:31 gonzalo_ #3349 will not be solved in 0.96 time frame
15:33 silbe gonzalo_: +1 on moving #3349, even if upstream (Gnome) were done by now it would be too late.
15:33 erikos silbe: already done
15:33 silbe *moving out
15:33 erikos: good
15:33 erikos gonzalo_: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3371
15:34 Ariel_Calzada has quit IRC
15:34 gonzalo_ erikos, yes, feedback?
15:35 erikos moved 3204 out
15:35 gonzalo_ erikos, may be we can ask gary about desgin opinion?
15:35 garycmartin, ^
15:35 erikos gonzalo_: we had discussed it, but it was some time ago
15:35 gonzalo_: I hardly remember
15:35 silbe gonzalo_: re. #3371, FWIW, as long as Ctrl+C causes the currently selected text to be the active selection in the Clipboard, I don't see an immediate reason not to suppress duplicates.
15:36 m_anish__ has quit IRC
15:37 gonzalo_ silbe, is a good point, i remember the patch did not implement it, but i can do it
15:37 silbe gonzalo_: thanks!
15:37 gonzalo_ erikos, do you agree?
15:37 m_anish__ <m_anish__!7aa20ba7@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.162.11.167> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:37 m_anish__ got dc :/
15:38 erikos gonzalo_: yeah, we said something similar - please summarize and ask gary as well
15:39 Ariel_Calzada <Ariel_Calzada!~aricalso@181.135.18.21> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:39 gonzalo_ ok, assigned the ticket to me, i will check with garycmartin
15:39 erikos gonzalo_: thanks!
15:42 m_anish__ gonzalo_: erikos: sorry, I got dc so don't know context, what topic are we discussing?
15:43 erikos m_anish__: we just discussed the open 0.96 bugs and triaged them
15:43 m_anish__ erikos: okay :)
15:44 erikos ok, I think the list looks better now
15:44 m_anish__ (i.e. all issues marked as milestone 0.96 in bugs.sl.o)
15:44 erikos I will have another look at my tasks later and see of some of them should/can be triaged out
15:44 m_anish http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/quer[…]pe&milestone=0.96
15:45 m_anish__ erikos: thx
15:45 erikos ok, I want to spin tarballs tomorrow
15:45 not sure if i should call it 0.96.0 already
15:45 gonzalo_ erikos, may be carlos can help you with theme issues?
15:45 erikos please keep on testing reporting back so we know what is broken
15:45 gonzalo_: on my list yes
15:46 ok, I have to run now
15:46 m_anish__ erikos: i had a couple of ques re: roadmap :-)
15:46 erikos any quick topics, someone wants to raise?
15:46 m_anish__ http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.98/Roadmap
15:46 basically related to dates missing frm above ^ :)
15:47 silbe erikos: ok. I'll review PW#1364 (network fix) later today; I'm not sure if I'll get around to reviewing PW#1359, but I don't think it's ready to be merged at any rate.
15:47 erikos m_anish that is future and subject to change
15:47 m_anish let me get 0.96 out first
15:47 m_anish__ erikos: okay, i will write you an email... since we want to get started on pushing our bugfixes/features in the coming cycle
15:47 silbe and also not a clear bug fix, so not really suitable at this point in the cycle.
15:47 erikos silbe: the one about the two icons?
15:47 m_anish__ erikos: +1
15:48 silbe erikos: PW#1364 = two network icons fix, PW#1359 = gnome-keyring creation in sugar (script)
15:48 erikos silbe: 1359 does not has to go in now, but I did not want it to be lost
15:49 silbe erikos: ok.
15:49 erikos silbe: 1364 is more important
15:49 aeh, the one about the two icons
15:49 I will be in #sugar later if someone has questions fixes for 0.96
15:49 but only for 0.96 :)
15:50 wraps up
15:50 m_anish__ :-)
15:50 erikos 5
15:50 gonzalo_ 4
15:51 manuq 3
15:51 silbe erikos: in case I don't get around to reviewing the network fix, you can just merge it. A quick glance suggests it's good, and I expect dsd to have tested it thoroughly.
15:51 m_anish__ 2
15:51 silbe hmm, moment
15:51 there was something I wanted to talk about, let me remember...
15:52 hmpf, I should have written it down, sorry. I'll follow up via email if necessary.
15:52 1
15:53 ah, now, 0.94
15:53 any objections to pushing the SSID fix backport to sucrose-0.94?
15:54 erikos: ^
15:55 erikos silbe: no, thanks for working on it
15:55 #endmeeting
15:55 meeting Meeting ended Tue Apr 17 15:55:52 2012 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:55 Minutes: http://meeting.ole.org/sugar-m[…]-17T15:06:25.html
15:55 Log:     http://meeting.ole.org/sugar-m[…]12-04-17T15:06:25

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster