Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2011-04-19 14:25:09

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
14:25 meeting Meeting started Tue Apr 19 14:25:09 2011 UTC. The chair is SeanDaly. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:25 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:25 SeanDaly ok this will be brief just wanted to rapidly debrief Friday PR
14:25 walterbender SeanDaly: I just forwarded to you a note from Jonathan re the mix up
14:26 m_anish_afk is now known as m_anish
14:26 SeanDaly walterbender: ok yes thanks
14:27 mixups happen & I've seen far worse, this one was not bad
14:27 for the simple reason that journalists didn't cover it :-)
14:27 walterbender SeanDaly: I need to push them re getting some jerseys
14:27 SeanDaly walterbender: true, I had asked Marya about jerseys but no answer on that point & I didn't folow up
14:28 my impression is, no kid sizes
14:28 walterbender SeanDaly: I had asked Jonathan and he said their supplier was moving slowly. I'll ask again.
14:28 SeanDaly walterbender: ok great thanks
14:29 walterbender SeanDaly: I suppose I could ask for adult smalls if it comes to that.
14:29 SeanDaly: but should I get Garmin shirts if the Sugarlabs shirts are unavailable?
14:29 SeanDaly I hit it off with Marya she is pro
14:29 walterbender: for UY prizes you mean? sure
14:30 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
14:31 walterbender SeanDaly: OK. I'll ask Jonathan. How many prizes will they be awarding?
14:32 SeanDaly according to PDF I had forwarded on Friday there will be 2 bikes & some pendrives & maybe a couple other things... Sebastian V had asked about Sugar Labs t-shirts I had recommended get made locally
14:32 satellit_ notes that http://www.shopslipstreamsport[…]abs-jersey-1.html  show 5 sizes  sm to xxl
14:32 SeanDaly greets sateliit_
14:32 satellit_ hi
14:34 FYI: We just wanted to let you know that we expect to have the Development team jerseys in stock and shipping in early May  Jamie Emerson (720) 675 9650 Slipstream Sports 4730 Walnut #104 Boulder, CO 80301
14:35 SeanDaly even though as news this PR was a complete miss, fulfills role of spotlighting Uruguay and contributes in a small way to eduJAM buildup
14:37 hopefully kids will contribute articles :-)
14:37 JT4sugar any comments for PR debrief?
14:38 JT4sugar Just waiting to see some kids articles posted to blog and it should turn into positive with awards at Edujam
14:40 SeanDaly JT4sugar: yes agree
14:41 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Thought the release sounded very good besides minor date mix up. Do you have list of who picked up? Did it run locally in Uruguay?
14:41 SeanDaly by the way article I wrote for olpcnews re: teacher help with website revamp is up
14:41 bernie SeanDaly: GREAT article on OLPC News, Sean!
14:41 walterbender SeanDaly: and already some rants... which is what we are soliciting :P
14:41 bernie SeanDaly: haha, our minds were synchronized :-)
14:42 SeanDaly JT4sugar: Sebastian says yes it was picked up by media in UY
14:42 hi bernie
14:42 yes re that article Carlos Rabassa has very generously translated it to Spanish and wishes to spread it in UY
14:45 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Very fine article! Out of OLPC article if a teacher emails feedback@sugarlabs.org who picks up those emails or where are they available?
14:46 SeanDaly JT4sugar: they get forwarded to myself & walterbender just tested it again today
14:47 walterbender SeanDaly: I didn't see any email today...
14:48 SeanDaly walterbender: i sent a test, dogi saw it, arrived in my mailbox
14:49 walterbender SeanDaly: I'll look more closely... pretty full inbox today
14:49 SeanDaly walterbender: actually it seems that dogi manually returned to me...
14:49 maybe redirect did not survive latest migrations...
14:49 mchua_afk is now known as mchua
14:49 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Will need to facilitate any teachers to RIT team to set up Beta-testing instances will probably be late April early May as things progress along. Looking to get RIT team, Christian, and Sugar Infra(Bernie-Dogi together on IRC this week
14:50 SeanDaly JT4sugar: sounds good
14:51 dogi SeanDaly, yes i did manually return the mail
14:51 SeanDaly by the way I hit a snag during PR mailing, a forgotten advantage of google groups was massmailing possibility. gmail acct blocked my PR mailing partway through for 24 hours. This problem needs to be sorted by next PR
14:52 dogi gets a lot of spam cause of feedback ...
14:52 SeanDaly dogi: could you verify that feedback@sugarlabs.org redirects to walterbender and myself? also , perhaps JT4sugar would like to receive too?
14:54 dogi SeanDaly, I would suggest to redirect feedback to rt.sugarlabs.org so that everybody can see it
14:54 SeanDaly JT4sugar: do you wish to be on feedback receive list?
14:54 dogi: what is rt?
14:54 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Looks like I have a local professor in Instructional systems technology PHD class staring May 3rd will be doing Beta-testing as part of class-will be speaking to him tomorrow. Working with RIT team to see what they are looking for in testing. Do you have a list of objectives for testing?
14:55 dogi but im sure you dont wanna have feedback without filtering from spam
14:55 JT4sugar SeanDaly, If there is a public spot to view it that would be better that way not in my inbox can go to link and read
14:55 dogi RT = http://bestpractical.com/rt/
14:56 SeanDaly JT4sugar: objectives are to verify that website design meets our stated goals of ease of use for teachers
14:56 dogi: is this a new thing?
14:57 dogi no we @ systems  are using this already a year
14:57 and adam @ olpc for 4 years
14:57 SeanDaly JT4sugar: unfortunately making public will likely defeat the purpose... like a survey, many respondents will prefer to remain anonymous, or will not want their information public
14:58 dogi rt is not public
14:58 you need an account for
14:58 SeanDaly dogi: formerly, feedback@sl.o forwarded to walterbender & myself but very few mails came in
14:59 dogi: so I guess that changed at some point
14:59 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Anything more specific in mind. Professor would be looking for particular tasks or areas they should delve into. Top Five or Ten Things that should be easy for teacher to find or do
15:00 On feedback you can put me in loop or I can get RT account whatever you think is best
15:00 dogi feedback: sdaly, dogi
15:00 SeanDaly JT4sugar: students not best betatesters, teachers best betatesters... students can help but they are not in the target, they are likely more techosavvy and do not have same needs as teachers
15:01 dogi SeanDaly, walter was never there ...
15:02 SeanDaly JT4sugar: betatest objectives = Marketlab report of what didn't work -> fixed on new website?
15:02 JT4sugar SeanDaly, PHD students almost awaysl are teachers coming back for additional degree
15:02 always
15:02 SeanDaly dogi: that's odd
15:03 dogi has to go ... ciao all
15:03 SeanDaly JT4sugar: can't hurt t have their input my concern is that they will be more savvy than toher teachers
15:03 other
15:03 ciao dogi thanks
15:03 needs to go too
15:04 any other topics ?
15:05 arrgh need to go right now
15:05 JT4sugar All set here
15:05 Thanks Sean
15:05 SeanDaly ok thanks JT4sugar, walterbender satellit_ , bernie
15:05 #endmeeting
15:05 meeting Meeting ended Tue Apr 19 15:05:39 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:05 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-19T14:25:09.html
15:05 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]11-04-19T14:25:09

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster