Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2011-03-26 14:15:55

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
14:15 meeting Meeting started Sat Mar 26 14:15:55 2011 UTC. The chair is m_anish. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:15 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:16 m_anish #topic status updates
14:16 silbe, you wanna start :)?
14:17 silbe m_anish: not much to mention. Did some reviews upstream and worked a bit on the DX3 image, but more work than result. :-/
14:18 bernie m_anish: not much from me as well... lasered my eye and worked for rms
14:18 dirakx ;)
14:18 bernie dirakx: ah, didn't notice you!
14:18 m_anish bernie, ok, both eyes functional?
14:18 silbe, ok
14:19 dirakx for me. various activities new releases and pootle documentation now complete Service/translate in wiki.
14:19 bernie: ;)
14:19 bernie m_anish: (side note) after we have all the images uploaded and mildly tested, we can proceed  update the wiki to move the dx1 info to its own subpages and put the dx2 releases on the main page!
14:19 m_anish silbe, i'd probably be free to start working on dx3 by apr 1
14:19 silbe I added a serial console to my XO-1.5 again to diagnose random crashes (probably suspend/resume related), but did it incorrectly (a few millimetres off so the adapter wouldn't fit) so I have to rework it. :-/
14:19 bernie m_anish: my vision in the operated eye is still blurry... it's expected to improve by next week
14:20 silbe m_anish: great!
14:20 m_anish silbe, ok
14:20 bernie dirakx: thanks!
14:20 m_anish dirakx, can you update on ur + icarito's progress w/ activities?
14:21 dirakx m_anish: icarito has been working on a) new toolbars for various activitires...and b)A new activity for Peru..
14:22 silbe BTW: Simon has done some work w.r.t. Telepathy bugs, but AFAICT the major ones that cause Traceback spam in the logs haven't been fixed yet.
14:22 dirakx oh he is not around to tell us more.
14:24 m_anish dirakx, ok, what's the major items on your todo list for the next week or so?
14:25 dirakx m_anish: next week I have to ''order'' and review  all core strings for pootle on sugar...and working on the high/medium priority list of activities.
14:25 m_anish: Icarito has to work on those also.
14:25 acording to  our work distribution.
14:26 m_anish: just to notice that .PY people can change that list according to situation..
14:26 m_anish dirakx, great. do you have a very rough plan atm of what we'd be able to do within the next 2-3 months activity wise, and whether you'd need more ppl to test?
14:27 bernie dirakx: is pootle behaving well?
14:27 m_anish dirakx, yep, i wasn't really able to discuss it with them much and I don't wanna just fwd it, otw they won't look at it
14:27 dirakx bernie: Still has some issues..:(, it's not updating POTs well.
14:28 m_anish: tsting has to centered in those activities..I mean the activities that .PY use.
14:28 bernie: I'm consulting with Saya the cause of that.
14:29 bernie dirakx: what version are we running now?
14:29 dirakx m_anish: patched 2.0.1/2.0.5
14:29 bernie dirakx: ok. does it solve erikos' bug?
14:29 dirakx oh bernie
14:30 bernie: nop. we found that is a xgettext bug btw.
14:30 silbe: help in debug.
14:30 bernie dirakx: ah, so not in pootle?
14:31 dirakx bernie: afaik nop.
14:32 bernie m_anish: is the microformat updater working from aslo?
14:32 tch <tch!~tch@190.52.131.169> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:32 m_anish bernie, been working for a while now
14:32 dirakx pootle was very broken but we are getting there to fix it.
14:33 silbe dirakx: ?
14:33 tch hello guys :)
14:33 silbe tch: hey!
14:33 dirakx silbe: we were talking about record's xgettext bug..
14:33 tch: hello :)
14:33 m_anish tch, late :P
14:34 tch current topic? :)
14:34 m_anish (status updates)
14:34 silbe dirakx: that reminds me: have you forwarded your report to the maintainer? there was some reply indicating that he might not have gotten a copy.
14:35 dirakx silbe: gosh not yet..I'll forward it.
14:35 silbe dirakx: thx
14:35 bernie tch: hola
14:36 m_anish: ugh, i just figured out that we had indeed already released some early dx2 alphas and the latest one was labeled os439dx...
14:37 m_anish bernie, yah :/
14:37 bernie m_anish: if now we go back to os85dx, people will be super confused
14:37 silbe does anyone (except buildbot) still use the "subuntu" VM on treehouse? I'm having a rather hard time getting it to boot :-/
14:37 m_anish if its imp, i'll change it to os500 or something :-)
14:37 bernie m_anish: sure, why not... but you'd have to reupload the whole thing :-(
14:38 m_anish: maybe you could build on the dextrose vm? we still have it
14:38 m_anish bernie, i'm dreading that already
14:38 bernie, we do? i only checked that sunjammer is ubuntu and jita is f14
14:39 tch m_anish: I could reupload it from home, faster than the pyedu office at least
14:40 bernie m_anish: i'll give you an account in no time
14:40 m_anish tch, i'll try to build from here, but i might have to be present at the office to get it to work, the h/w infrastructure has been a lot slower/flakey lately
14:41 bernie, sounds good
14:41 tch yeah, I think car|os is still tweaking the VM setup
14:42 m_anish tch, time for our status updates. ;) you wanna do the honors?
14:43 tch sure
14:43 no meeting bot?
14:44 m_anish tch, its whirring, go ahead
14:47 tch Ok. Well, basically this week we been struggling with the infrastructure problems trying to get the international build and extending the dx services.
14:47 bernie m_anish: ssh anish@dextrose.sugarlabs.org
14:48 tch Anish tried all weekend to get these builds done, while finishing the update services we need for the offline schools
14:48 bernie m_anish: jita should also work to build dx2 images... i've been building them on my laptop which is f14 x86_64
14:48 m_anish bernie, works, thanks
14:49 bernie tch: you can also have an account on dextrose.sugarlabs.org, or jita.sugarlabs.org... whichever you prefer :)
14:49 tch and myself I simply extended the feedback server to be able to send the reports to a mailing list, so we can follow the reports
14:49 bernie ah, no... building requires root... so better doing it on a machine that doesn't also run production services
14:49 tch: nice
14:50 tch it wll be useful to to keep track of the feedback reports :)
14:51 Guess the next step should be creating tickets automatically haha (??)
14:51 the important thing is that we already have a way to access these reports.
14:52 m_anish tch, great work. I'm workin on the rpms.
14:52 bernie tch: are there many reports?
14:52 dirakx tch: are these possible to see from outside ?. just to check if there are some activity wise.
14:52 bernie m_anish: SMParrish and I have already been building images on dextrose.sugarlabs.org in the past... should be straightforward
14:53 m_anish bernie, ok
14:53 tch well, do the maths, dx2 50 testers and we have like 5-6  (??) reports, is not bad
14:53 bernie m_anish: i just gave you root access, btw
14:53 m_anish bernie, ok
14:54 tch dirakx: is a private mailing list, but we could forward reports with paraguay educa permission
14:54 dirakx would be grreat.
14:54 great*
14:55 if possible.
14:56 bernie tch, m_anish: can someone subscribe me pls?
14:56 tch m_anish: anything else I am missing?
14:56 m_anish bernie, dirakx ACK
14:56 tch, standby
14:56 dirakx m_anish: thx
14:57 tch bernie: yeah we can, just need to ask roberto or pacita for permission. Thats actualy the idea behind the ML ;);) so we can discuss the issues there
14:58 m_anish: ^
14:58 m_anish tch, nope, Its good, the todo's I have (still) are (1) browse homepage change via update, (2) builds (3) making a small doc/wiki abt the features on dx-2
14:58 tch, +1
15:00 ok, what else do we need to discuss?
15:00 tch visa details?
15:00 haha
15:01 m_anish #topic visa
15:01 bernie tch: k
15:01 m_anish tch, can we call pflores or somebody up in uy re: the invitations
15:01 tch yup, we will need one for m_anish and aleksey probably
15:02 bernie ah, guys... i still have no funding for the plane ticket...
15:03 i'm not sure i want to spend >$1200 from my pocket to attend a conference, even if I'm *VERY* interested...
15:03 m_anish bernie, i learnt in the last few weeks that its cheaper to fly from US-Ind than it is for US-Py, i had intentions of coming to US :/
15:03 dirakx :(. I also want to go..but economics are not o.k yet.
15:04 m_anish anyway, we're done for the meeting?
15:04 tch can't you ask the fsf for sponsorship, so you can give a talk about free software in education? which is the HOT TOPIC in latin america right now
15:04 bernie: ^
15:04 dirakx that would be an option, bernie.
15:05 tch people from the  ministry.of.education.py is planning to go
15:05 bernie tch: the fsf has a policy of not sending off employees to conferences. at least, this is what the previous ED told me.
15:06 dirakx tch: great.
15:06 bernie tch: rms is our traveling agent :-)
15:06 m_anish: there are some strange games in os85dx :)
15:07 m_anish bernie, all on py's request
15:07 :)
15:07 tch bernie: change the rules!
15:07 m_anish i removed gc, tp from the buids
15:07 bernie m_anish: didn't you build the image off the intl ini file?
15:08 m_anish bernie, yep, i thought it might make sense to keep activities consistent?
15:08 bernie, then we'll receive testing feedback on the activities that py uses as well
15:09 bernie <sarcastic comment on the eduteam suppressed>
15:09 :-)
15:11 m_anish :-)
15:11 i guess we can endmeeting now
15:11 3
15:11 bernie m_anish: it makes sense to help .py in this way, but at the same time the intl dextrose build is supposed to showcase dextrose for other deployments too
15:12 m_anish bernie, we can package some more activities, but keep the set py uses
15:12 bernie m_anish: +1
15:12 dirakx m_anish: +1
15:12 m_anish bernie, and have the updater url have some more installable
15:12 bernie m_anish: space isn't an issue except for gcompris and crap like that
15:12 tch lol..
15:13 m_anish bernie, dirakx i'll bug you in a while on this then
15:13 dirakx m_anish: yep np.
15:13 m_anish oops i meant just dirakx
15:13 bernie wow, has gcompris been dropped? can't believe my eyes!!
15:13 m_anish bernie, just from intl build, (don't get too happy)
15:13 bernie haha :)
15:13 m_anish it didn't make sense to increase the size by 150 mb just bec of one activity
15:14 tch m_anish: we should insist in not providing it with the build, and only by the act updater
15:14 m_anish tch, you mean for py?
15:14 tch yup
15:14 m_anish tch, i'm afraid i tried that already
15:14 they told me to keep another build without gc handy if they start running out of space on badly corrupted flash drives
15:15 bernie m_anish: the tetris mat activity comes up in spanish... it probably doesn't have i18n
15:15 m_anish tch, i have to take their word in this that its actually being used, however big it is
15:15 bernie, bug report :)
15:15 bernie tch: +1
15:16 m_anish: when i asked, they told me "kids like it". and i replied: "kids also like doom, shall we put it in?"
15:18 endmeeting?
15:18 m_anish bernie, tch  i beg to differ here. I think we'll be stepping on toes if we start insisting on removing activities, i made them understand that the build will be a lot bigger because of just GC
15:18 and TP
15:18 i can't go fighting with them :-)
15:19 2
15:19 1
15:19 1
15:19 #endmeeting
15:19 meeting Meeting ended Sat Mar 26 15:19:28 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:19 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-26T14:15:55.html
15:19 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]11-03-26T14:15:55

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster