Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting meeting, 2010-09-28 15:20:17

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
15:20 sugaroid Meeting started Tue Sep 28 15:20:17 2010 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:20 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:20 meeting Meeting started at 11:20 UTC. The chair is walterbender.
15:20 Commands Available: #TOPIC, #IDEA, #ACTION, #AGREED, #LINK
15:21 walterbender #action walter is post backlog to the official log since #start-meeting is not an alias for #startmeeting :(
15:21 CanoeBerry: glad to hear you are running again!!!
15:22 CanoeBerry sorry if i misunderstood the process.
15:22 i followed last year's routine :)
15:23 walterbender I added SMParrish too.. and I will add a link from the wiki home page...
15:24 CanoeBerry Is the Rosamel possiblity real?
15:25 walterbender CanoeBerry: I hope so... I'll try to contact her... I think the biggest obstacle is she is not very comfortable with English.
15:25 didn't we have an auto-translation chat going at one point in this channel??
15:26 cjb yeah, "transbot"
15:26 walterbender maybe that is enough to get her over the bump in the road...
15:27 CanoeBerry Bert's comment is eerily accurate -- English is the de facto Esperanto of global organizing..
15:27 walterbender I agree...
15:27 and the urban legend is that more people speak Klingon from StarTrek than Esperanto :)
15:28 tomeu what about reaching out to one of the english-speaking teachers we know?
15:28 gerald, tony, who else?
15:28 walterbender OK. I'll do one more call for candidates and I'll reach out to a few more folks (Gerald A., for example).
15:29 CanoeBerry What is our hard deadline Fri Oct 1?
15:29 walterbender Well, I think we could slip to Monday, but we should respect the process we outlined.
15:30 CanoeBerry Apparently 5PM Fri Oct 1 according to http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members ?
15:30 walterbender Alas, I am traveling the next 3 days (to OWF in Paris)
15:30 CanoeBerry 5PM EDT..
15:31 walterbender #action walter will make one more call for candidates before heading to the airport
15:31 hopes to be able to contact Sean while in Paris
15:31 CanoeBerry walterbender: does your manic jetset life include SF? :)
15:32 walterbender CanoeBerry: I will know soon...
15:32 CanoeBerry Cool!
15:32 walterbender CanoeBerry: I have a trip to Costa Rica next week and then Paraguay before SF :)
15:32 CanoeBerry Right.
15:33 walterbender CanoeBerry: and maybe Mexico before... definitely afterward...
15:33 and it goes on and on... crazy fall
15:33 CanoeBerry Special Request to ALL for SF Topics -- please add core priorities here:
15:33 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC[…]edule_of_sessions
15:33 Then the OLPC-SF organizers themselves can piece this together into a schedule!
15:33 walterbender seems like an exciting weekend
15:33 CanoeBerry And pre-wkd too.
15:33 And post-wkd party :)
15:34 walterbender we also have talked about the need for a Sugar Camp for developers soon... to discuss Python and GNOME 3.0
15:35 cjb walterbender: Ah, deadline coming up -- okay, please add me as a candidate :)
15:35 walterbender cjb: thank you.
15:36 cjb If you don't mind, I might decide to stand aside later if we have a good field of other candidates.
15:36 CanoeBerry Done: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/O[…]0-2011-candidates
15:36 walterbender cjb: always an option.
15:37 shall we switch topics?
15:37 I'd like to just touch on 0.90 to make sure we all know where we are at...
15:39 #topic 0.90
15:39 We had a slight glitch with Pootle, but it seems that Tomeu (with input from cjl and others) has managed to get things working again...
15:40 and we have a candidate to replace/augment Sayamindu, who is being consumed by school
15:41 Erikos has already gotten a good start on the release notes: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Notes
15:41 all in all, despite the late start, I think it is a significant release
15:46 CanoeBerry other topics?
15:46 walterbender no comments from the peanut gallery?
15:46 satellit_ Soas status:   3 bugs;2339;2351;2355 + no read but works ( latest Nightly Compose)
15:46 walterbender let me propose a motion:
15:47 We, the SLOB, acknowledge and praise the efforts of the release team for bringing us 0.90!!
15:47 CanoeBerry Can we spell out the Release Team's contributors?
15:48 walterbender is a bit worried abut marketing... I just did one interview, but we don't have Sean's blitz lined up...
15:49 CanoeBerry: we can mention its leader, erikos... the membership is a bit fuzzy... tomeu and alsroot of course... any many contributions from the community
15:52 ProfSheinRIT has quit IRC
15:53 walterbender has nothing else today... anyone else?
15:53 CanoeBerry Great +1 if we want to vote!
15:54 cjb seconded, +1 :)
15:54 walterbender OK... let's vote...
15:54 +1
15:54 tomeu would be good if people wanted to add themselves to the teams they belong to in the wiki
15:54 this is a bit ridiculous: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/D[…]ent_Team/Contacts
15:56 mchua is now known as mchua_afk
15:56 CanoeBerry tomeu: care to vote?
15:56 tomeu +1, but I would prefer to see more people joining the team :)
15:57 walterbender tomeu: I never new there was a list at all... perhaps it should be linked to from the Join link...
15:57 tomeu walterbender: all teams have a list
15:57 CanoeBerry Motion Carries.
15:57 walterbender tomeu: but no team has a list that is easy to find...
15:57 CanoeBerry walterbender: speaking of teambuilding, do you have a favorite bio/pic if you will participate in SF Summit Oct 22-24 in person or remotely?
15:57 tomeu walterbender: the team bar has a Contacts link
15:57 CanoeBerry walterbender: You should post that here: http://olpcsf.org/CommunitySummit2010/people.php
15:58 walterbender tomeu: I assumed that was how to contact the team, not the member's list...
15:58 tomeu walterbender: let's improve it then :)
15:58 walterbender CanoeBerry: will try to...
15:58 CanoeBerry Thx, email that to me today if poss.
15:58 walterbender tomeu: agreed... was just thinking about the specifics.
15:58 tomeu but well, I don't think the community has given much importance to the teams structure anyway
15:59 CanoeBerry I have to run at Noon sharp here, anything else?
15:59 walterbender tomeu: probably not, in general... but in a few specific cases, it has been important...
15:59 CanoeBerry: I think we are done for today...
15:59 thanks all for attending.
16:00 CanoeBerry Cheerio
16:00 walterbender FYI, I emailed Rosamel (in broken Spanish)
16:00 #endmeeting
16:00 sugaroid Meeting ended Tue Sep 28 16:00:25 2010 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:00 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-28T15:20:17.html
16:00 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]10-09-28T15:20:17

Minutes | Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster