Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-06-01

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:52 vaibhavdaren has quit IRC
01:00 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@180.151.20.242> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:01 vaibhavdaren is now known as Guest26346
01:05 Guest26346 has quit IRC
01:18 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:37 walterbender has quit IRC
03:06 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0080595ce5946​0d88a.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:11 llaske has quit IRC
03:46 Pro-Panda[m] has quit IRC
03:46 dzho has quit IRC
05:06 Pro-Panda[m] <Pro-Panda[m]!uid227@beta.alwyzon.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:17 rosag31 <rosag31!02314ceb@gateway/web/freenode/ip.2.49.76.235> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:46 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:15 rosag31 has quit IRC
07:22 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:47 dzho <dzho!~dzho@unaffiliated/dzho> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:49 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@2405:204:1120:5781:f5ec:cc83:3165:e18> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:03 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
08:07 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@180.151.20.242> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:07 vaibhavdaren is now known as Guest27262
08:50 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:53 llaske has quit IRC
08:57 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.224.62> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:19 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.67.244> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:33 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
10:33 llaske_ has quit IRC
10:35 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:42 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:43 llaske has quit IRC
10:43 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:47 llaske_ has quit IRC
10:54 Guest27262 has quit IRC
10:54 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:09 Vrondir has quit IRC
11:10 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:10 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:18 walterbender has quit IRC
11:22 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:23 llaske has quit IRC
11:24 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:27 llaske_ has quit IRC
11:30 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:34 llaske has quit IRC
12:14 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.70> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:16 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
12:20 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:48 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:51 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
13:52 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.29.176> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:56 divyanshu <divyanshu!9d259a40@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.37.154.64> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:58 divyanshu Hello!
13:58 rdrsadhu Hi!
13:59 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-oviimwwghzeewttc> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 divyanshu hey rdrsadhu let's wait for Onuwa then we will start okay?
14:00 rdrsadhu okay
14:00 divyanshu sorry I was not been able to attend last time.
14:01 rdrsadhu its alright. I understand sometimes people get busy with work :)
14:01 divyanshu rdrsadhu: sure :)
14:02 rdrsadhu lets start, its already time. Onuwa can join when he arrives ?
14:04 divyanshu sure :)
14:04 #startmeeting
14:04 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun  1 14:04:17 2018 UTC. The chair is divyanshu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:04 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:04 rdrsadhu Hello!
14:05 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Hello, I am regulary following your blog and it's good to know you have migrated all the pages of Turtle Art Tutorials.
14:05 rdrsadhu: Thanks :)
14:05 rdrsadhu yeah.
14:06 next,
14:06 divyanshu but PR for the same is still open I guess?
14:06 rdrsadhu I'm moving the documentations for the base activities.
14:06 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Sure.
14:06 rdrsadhu yes, the content needs to be reviewed
14:06 before merging
14:07 walterbender will be reviewing those I believe
14:07 or maybe some other contributor can help him as well
14:07 divyanshu Yes, I will also review it as an assurance from my side as well, then no problem you can continue with migrating rest of them
14:07 rdrsadhu thanks divyanshu.
14:07 also,
14:08 I'll be partly busy with university examinations till June 08
14:08 just wanted to let you know
14:08 divyanshu Yes , No problem Thanks for letting me know.
14:08 rdrsadhu: Although You are doing well. Good Luck for your exams.
14:08 rdrsadhu everything else going on as per schedule. No roadblocks as of now
14:08 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Sure.
14:09 rdrsadhu: As per your weekly update Next, you will be migrating pages for other Activities which work with the latest Sugar right?
14:09 rdrsadhu thanks :) I surely need some luck :D
14:09 divyanshu rdrsadhu: +1
14:09 rdrsadhu yes, once the base activities are done.
14:09 the base activities are not done completely yet
14:10 any other questions ?
14:10 divyanshu rdrsadhu: sure but you have Initiated migration of activity documentation for the base set of activities right?
14:10 rdrsadhu yes, just for a few of them
14:10 and a few are left
14:11 divyanshu rdrsadhu: Thanks :)
14:11 rdrsadhu anyone else here ? who wants to know anything ?
14:12 divyanshu rdrsadhu: I am fine from my side,
14:13 rdrsadhu thats it then, I believe. Will you please share the logs with the community ?
14:13 divyanshu Sure No problem. let's end the meeting then.
14:13 rdrsadhu fine. thanks divyanshu.
14:14 divyanshu rdrsadhu: welcome.
14:14 #endmeeting
14:14 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun  1 14:14:08 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:14 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T14:04:17.html
14:14 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-01T14:04:17
14:18 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
14:20 divyanshu has quit IRC
15:06 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!31209fac@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.32.159.172> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:39 walterbender has quit IRC
15:39 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:53 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
15:53 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.29.176> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:08 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
16:11 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@180.151.20.242> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:13 rishabh42 <rishabh42!~rishabh@122.180.177.32> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:19 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!uid288009@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-vnangayiaugpshmb> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:22 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!7bc9347d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.123.201.52.125> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.69.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:25 unimauro hi all
16:25 vipulgupta2048 Hi unimauro
16:25 Hi everyone !!
16:26 vaibhavdaren hello everyone :D
16:27 Pro-Panda Hello everyone :-)
16:28 rishabh42 hey everyone
16:29 amanharitsh123 Hello
16:29 llaske_ has quit IRC
16:30 a-ritwik Hi
16:30 jaskirat Hello
16:30 rdrsadhu Hello!
16:30 riyalohia <riyalohia!dfbd5b96@gateway/web/freenode/ip.223.189.91.150> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 Pratul1997 <Pratul1997!2f0892ee@gateway/web/freenode/ip.47.8.146.238> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:32 walterbender hi
16:32 let's get started
16:32 #start-meeting
16:32 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun  1 16:32:33 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:32 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:32 walterbender I think we are A-Z this week
16:32 a-ritwik, can you please get us started?
16:32 a-ritwik Yes
16:33 Solved issue 1173 - now sound stops on clicking stop or close.
16:33 walterbender nice
16:33 a-ritwik In initial days of previous week, I was stuck on issue meter block in rhythm ruler. After clearing my confusion I am very close to solving it.
16:33 I have given a pull request for it, and will add more commits to  it soon.
16:33 walterbender a-ritwik, seems we still have a bit more to decide... did you see the email from devin?
16:34 but I think you can implement based on what we discussed as a way to get started
16:34 a-ritwik No, He just now send them.
16:35 Yeah, your method looks fine.
16:35 walterbender a-ritwik, proceeding along the lines we already discussed gets us most of the way in any case
16:36 a-ritwik I will read the email and discuss after the meeting.
16:36 walterbender a-ritwik, so the plan for next week is to finish the rhythm ruler?
16:36 a-ritwik There are currently 7 issues related to pitch time matrix, of which 1 has been fixed already. I will be working remaining except 1156 and 1145.
16:37 walterbender OK
16:37 a-ritwik and of course rhythm ruler
16:37 walterbender a-ritwik, don
16:37 don't hesitate to ask questions early and often
16:37 a-ritwik SinSince I was stuck for few days in previous week, I will make up for that next week.
16:37 walterbender I am not traveling next week, so I should have decent availability
16:39 we should move on... thanks for the update
16:39 a-ritwik Okay.
16:39 walterbender amanharitsh123, ?
16:39 amanharitsh123 This week's progress , first all the open issue in the repo has been fixed . And finally Sugarizer is working fine now on rpi. The script has been modified to now create a rpi image with Sugarizer , server and docker images attached already.
16:40 walterbender what was the problem?
16:40 wants to learn from you struggles
16:41 vipulgupta2048 That's really good amanharitsh123
16:42 amanharitsh123 Actually our docker installation was using static binaries previously
16:42 walterbender is just learning to use docker
16:42 amanharitsh123 And Sugarizer server was having some issues with that and was restarting continuously
16:42 Logs were filled with only , exit status 159
16:43 walterbender so what is next?
16:43 amanharitsh123 So I found a another way of installation
16:43 I attached a arm docker .Deb
16:43 To the script
16:43 And this some Sugarizer works fine
16:44 Only it takes 40 mins for some file allocation at the first up
16:44 After subsequent restarts the server is up within seconds after boot :)
16:44 walterbender nice
16:45 amanharitsh123 I am looking for some file hosting
16:45 To host docker images and wget them at script run
16:45 walterbender I thought the plan was sunjammer
16:45 amanharitsh123 That's almost 1GB storage
16:46 Actually Sunjammer was to host rpi images , I want to host Sugarizer server docker images
16:46 walterbender OK.
16:46 maybe ask advice from the systems team
16:47 amanharitsh123 By the next week , I will try tl setup rpi hotspot
16:47 And will make rpi image working perfectly with Sugarizer :)
16:48 walterbender any other quesions for amanharitsh123 ?
16:48 amanharitsh123 This week's blog will be updates by Monday :)
16:48 walterbender is octamois next?
16:48 unimauro has quit IRC
16:48 octamois This week has been a very tough for me, truthfully I had been busy with Interview this week, (This was scheduled suddenly), I was busy learning makefile for Python 2,3 bindings
16:49 I will make a PR by Monday I guess for that. And update the blog by Sunday evening
16:49 walterbender did you learn how to set up the makefiles?
16:49 Abdul <Abdul!d4af9668@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.175.150.104> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:49 octamois Is learning that part
16:50 The documentation is a bit long, and it's a bit new, (learnt a lot)
16:50 walterbender that is a good thing... learning is why we do this
16:50 and in your blog post, please try to create a decent summary so others can learn from you
16:50 octamois For next week, makefiles to be fixed and documentation regeneration for upcoming times
16:51 walterbender any questions for octamois ?
16:51 Seetarama_Raju <Seetarama_Raju!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:51 walterbender Pro-Panda, can you please fill us in?
16:51 Pro-Panda Sure :-)
16:51 Link to my blog post
16:52 https://www.pro-panda.tech/201[…]oC-Raffinose.html
16:52 I worked on porting Sugar Datastore this week
16:52 It is complete. I have tested the port
16:52 walterbender nice
16:52 the data store is key
16:53 we can run sugar w/o telepathy but not w/o the data store
16:53 Pro-Panda Although, we can't release it before Sugar-Toolkit is ported (I tested using my in progress port of toolkit)
16:53 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.69.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:53 vipulgupta2048_ <vipulgupta2048_!~vipulgupt@117.242.232.70> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:53 walterbender any roadblocks? concerns?
16:53 Pro-Panda Porting the C extesnions in Python was difficult and equally interesting
16:54 All resolved now, thank you
16:54 walterbender Pro-Panda, BTW, thanks for responding to the student asking about helping with the port
16:54 Pro-Panda Happy to help
16:54 walterbender more hands on the endless porting task cannot hurt
16:55 what is next for you?
16:55 Pro-Panda Plan for next week is to look at sugar-artwork once, and then move over to telepathy again
16:55 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@209.6.193.250> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:55 Pro-Panda New developers will also help us to gauge for improvements in the docs :-)
16:55 walterbender +1
16:56 Seetarama_Raju_ <Seetarama_Raju_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 pikurasa hi
16:56 walterbender any questions for Pro-Panda ?
16:56 hi pikurasa
16:56 pikurasa, lots to catch up on :)
16:56 Pro-Panda I have a question
16:56 walterbender pikurasa, a work in progress: https://musicblocks.sugarlabs.[…]=1527781048776084
16:57 Pro-Panda, go ahead please
16:57 pikurasa I am sure. Sorry for coming late. ...it would have helped if NEC gave more advanced notice when canceling faculty meetings...
16:57 Pro-Panda While building datastore as mentioned in https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]tastore/Readme.md
16:58 * https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]tastore/README.md
16:58 it installs files in /usr/local/* instead of /usr/*
16:58 Seetarama_Raju has quit IRC
16:58 Pro-Panda I couldn't figure out why was this happening
16:59 walterbender I think usr/local is correct
16:59 Pro-Panda Oh
17:00 Great, thanks
17:00 walterbender so maybe the docs are wrong. double check with Quozl_
17:00 rishabh42 has quit IRC
17:00 divyanshu <divyanshu!9d259a40@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.37.154.64> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:00 Pro-Panda The docs don't mention the path. Originally, carquinyol was installed in /usr/lib for me
17:01 walterbender it should be consistent
17:01 Pro-Panda So, I had _assumed_ that should be the path
17:01 walterbender we should try to debug this at the devel meeting
17:01 Pro-Panda Sure :-)
17:01 walterbender we should continue...
17:01 thx Pro-Panda
17:02 rdrsadhu, your turn
17:02 rdrsadhu Hello!
17:02 (1) what I did during the week:
17:02 Moved and updated documentation of Imageviewer, Help, Browse
17:02 (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
17:02 Migrate activity documentation for rest of the fructose activities.
17:03 also, I'll be partly busy with university examinations till June 08
17:03 (3) any concerns/roadblocks/issues:
17:03 walterbender rdrsadhu, so most of fructose must be done now...
17:03 rdrsadhu None
17:03 yes
17:03 walterbender that is great
17:03 rdrsadhu thanks
17:03 walterbender rdrsadhu, any thoughts about separating out the detailed pages of turtle into a separate help app?
17:04 rdrsadhu there aren't many. around 20 of them
17:04 have you taken a look at the content ?
17:05 walterbender let's leave it for now
17:05 any other questions for rdrsadhu ?
17:06 rdrsadhu, good luck with your exams
17:06 rdrsadhu okay. if needed we'll have a new help app for turtle-art
17:06 thanks :)
17:07 walterbender riyalohia, I think it is your turn
17:07 riyalohia walterbender, sure:)
17:07 This week, I was not able to work much as I wasn't keeping well with health.
17:08 I am currently working on circle of notes for temperament widget. I will be using wheelNav.js for the same.
17:08 walterbender you managed to get it working I see
17:08 now to fine-tune it
17:08 riyalohia walterbender, I have mailed you the wheelNav related queries.
17:08 walterbender I need to poke around to see how to do that
17:09 riyalohia walterbender, okay.
17:09 walterbender i end up looking at the library to see the base class methods
17:09 riyalohia For the next week, I will continue working on circle of notes and will probably inititate the tabular representation of notes.
17:09 walterbender riyalohia, I think it will be a win
17:09 riyalohia, BTW, did you get a change to look at my patch to the getFrequency code?
17:09 chance
17:09 pikurasa The progress is good so far. Keep up the good effort riyalohia
17:10 riyalohia walterbender, yes.
17:10 walterbender I am not sure why the problem with chords was just happening... I thought I had tested it before
17:10 but this seems to be working now
17:11 riyalohia walterbender, I will email you the queries I had (related to the patch).
17:11 walterbender OK. thx
17:11 any other questions for riyalohia ?
17:11 riyalohia pikurasa, thank you :)
17:12 a-ritwik has quit IRC
17:12 pikurasa +1
17:12 walterbender vaibhavdaren, are you ready?
17:12 vaibhavdaren Hello everyone!
17:13 This week I have been working on porting examples.
17:13 I have completely ported almost all examples from TurtleArt samples and uploaded to TurtleBlockJS planet.
17:13 Progress:-
17:13 https://docs.google.com/spread[…]/edit?usp=sharing
17:13 The check tag has been added by my Mentor Jaskirat Singh who has taken a look at most of them.
17:13 The done tag ones are that have already been added to Planet under examples.
17:13 Some of the samples were too big 5-6 of them and i have left them for Sunday. //they are marked with l8r tag
17:14 Left out task from this week:-
17:14 jaskirat walterbender: vaibhavdaren is doing great work with great determination !!!
17:14 vaibhavdaren 1)resolve issue with plugins( need help from mentor P. SeetaramaRaju)
17:14 We have decided to work on it collectively this weekend.
17:14 issues faced:-
17:14 1)TurtleArt seem to hang when I use the media blocks.
17:15 2)The resolution of sugar on that works for me is 1100x700.I had to scroll a lot for the bigger examples as they had a lot of blocks.This became very  tiresome at some point but I am happy that I could preserve the work that was already done.
17:15 Things Learnt:-
17:15 1)I learnt about promises in Javascript and Fetch API to resolve the issue of deprecated XMLhttprequest.
17:15 2)Debugging in TurtleblockJS
17:15 Task for Next week:-
17:16 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: thats amazing !!!
17:16 walterbender we should be able to resolve the media block issues
17:16 I am more worried about blocks like the read pixel block
17:17 but keep track of all of these...
17:17 vaibhavdaren 1)Learn more about Javascript so as to learn more about the codebase which seemed cryptic at some point.
17:17 2)To be decided in the weekly meeting with mentors.
17:17 jaskirat:+1
17:17 vipulgupta2048_ Hi vaibhavdaren, this spreadsheet, is it created through an automated method or manually by you.
17:17 vaibhavdaren walterbender: the sensor examples are not working
17:18 vipulgupta: manually
17:18 walterbender vaibhavdaren, yes... we should be able to get the mic examples to work... but others, prob. not
17:18 jaskirat walterbender: we both chevked sensor work there is an issue with that
17:18 vaibhavdaren yes i have added a equalizer example :D
17:19 walterbender so you did get the mic to work?
17:19 vaibhavdaren yes
17:19 D
17:19 walterbender and pitch detection?
17:19 vaibhavdaren ii used the loudness block
17:20 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!7bc9347d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.123.201.52.125> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:20 walterbender how did you get the various frequencies for the equalizer?
17:21 of was this the volume meter?
17:21 vaibhavdaren volume meter :(
17:21 https://turtle.sugarlabs.org/i[…]11662062&run=True
17:21 walterbender anyway... sounds like you are making good progress now...
17:21 Seetarama_Raju_ jaskirat: I do agree with you that vaibhavdaren is doing great work
17:21 vaibhavdaren walterbender:+1
17:22 walterbender identifying what is broken or missing will mean we can fix things
17:22 thx
17:22 vaibhavdaren Seetarama_Raju:thanks :D
17:22 walterbender vipulgupta2048_, are you ready?
17:22 Seetarama_Raju_ +1
17:22 vipulgupta2048_ Yes.
17:22 Hi everyone
17:22 vaibhavdaren Seetarama_Raju:thanks for the help and links :D
17:22 vipulgupta2048_ What I did this week
17:22 1. Researched - GPLv3, debian's licensecheck, pipenv for environment setup. (I am thinking to see what is the fuss about pypy )
17:22 2. Made Repository with draf documentation ahead of evaluations  - https://www.github.com/vipulgupta2048/sugarport
17:22 3. Submited patch to sugar-toolkit-gtk3 - add some aliases to fix other activities metadata.
17:22 4. Plans to fix 10+ activities by this weekend.
17:22 5. Blog post for week 5 up on https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/gsoc2018/
17:22 6. Found some bugs in the script; working on them.
17:22 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: +1
17:23 walterbender busy week :)
17:23 vipulgupta2048_ Coming up next week
17:23 1. Hopefully once in my rhythm, I want to increase number of activities fixed following Rdsadhu.
17:23 2. Start working on other deliverables and open issues of mine (don't like open issues)
17:23 3. Working out on blog 6; I be talking about documentation and setting up of dev environments (virtualenv, pip, pypy and pipenv EVERYTHING)
17:23 4. Found a way to find what out mystery person has done in a particular repository through a script. Will be fine tuning it. 😉
17:23 5. Looking a little ahead to deploy ASLOv3 and get some time into testing and DevOps.
17:23 walterbender, getting busier
17:23 walterbender Lots of great progress
17:23 vipulgupta2048_ Faced no roadblocks as such. Except wanting to automate my fixing and fine tuning analysis. Let's see what I can pull there.
17:24 Seetarama_Raju_ vaibhavdaren: happy to help out :)
17:24 vipulgupta2048_ Also, something #offtopic I want to share
17:24 walterbender ok
17:24 vipulgupta2048_ Other news - I have also been managing development for PyCon India 2018 this year (www.in.pycon.org/2018). The tickets and CFP are open. For any queries, DM me. I might also give a talk. Here's my proposal - https://in.pycon.org/cfp/2018/[…]ith-python~dw7Xd/
17:24 Looking forward to seeing you all.
17:25 walterbender that is great
17:25 vipulgupta2048_ walterbender, you understood the mystery person right? I am making sure ;)
17:27 jaskirat vipulgupta2048_: awsome
17:27 walterbender any other questions for vipulgupta2048_ ?
17:28 vaibhavdaren vipulgupya:nice :D
17:28 walterbender who did we miss? I think there were some latecomers?
17:28 Pratul1997 Hello Walter I was missed in the count
17:29 walterbender Pratul1997, sorry. Can ypu please report in?
17:29 Pratul1997 Hello Everyone, I am sharing the link of the google doc where I have listed my this week work and also my some question, I would be thankful if you write suitable answer to these question, I have provided edit access right to all.
17:29 https://docs.google.com/docume[…]/edit?usp=sharing
17:30 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.67.244> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:30 walterbender Pratul1997, I heard about the chickenpox
17:30 that is scary
17:30 I had them, but when I was very young
17:30 I will try to take a pass at your questions later today
17:31 Pratul1997 yes Sure :)
17:31 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:32 divyanshu Pratul1997: +1
17:32 walterbender any questions for Pratul1997 ?
17:32 jaskirat walterbender: we and Pratul1997 have been disvussing about the finalization of sugarbot !! So soon will have there !!
17:33 walterbender sounds good
17:33 anyone else we missed?
17:33 divyanshu walterbender: Yes Me as well.
17:33 walterbender divyanshu, go for it
17:34 divyanshu walterbender: sure.
17:34 I have been regulary following blogs of octamois , rdrsadhu , Pratul1997 and helping pratul in node.js and the script he is writing.
17:34 and is in touch with my mentees as well.
17:34 walterbender busy
17:34 divyanshu and connecting and attending meetings with them weekly.
17:35 walterbender thx
17:35 an example for the rest of us
17:35 divyanshu walterbender: welcome :)
17:36 walterbender we should wrap up...getting late in IST time zone
17:36 jaskirat walterbender: +1
17:36 Pratul1997 Divyanshu has been support
17:36 rdrsadhu +1
17:36 divyanshu Pratul1997: Thanks :)
17:36 vipulgupta2048_ The night is still young. ;)
17:36 walterbender thank you everyone
17:36 #end-meeting
17:36 Pro-Panda Thanks all :-)
17:36 divyanshu rdrsadhu: :)
17:36 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun  1 17:36:45 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:36 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T16:32:33.html
17:36 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-01T16:32:33
17:36 jaskirat Pratul1997: +1
17:39 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
17:39 riyalohia has quit IRC
17:40 divyanshu has quit IRC
17:40 unimauro has quit IRC
17:40 Pratul1997 Walter, it would be great if you can provide answer to them in a day or two
17:41 vaibhavdaren has quit IRC
17:41 walterbender Pratul1997, I will try...
17:41 vipulgupta2048_ Abdul, you there?
17:41 I think Carlos has quit.
17:42 Pratul1997 Thanks :)
17:42 Till then I am working according to my previous plan
17:42 Abdul Yes vipulgupta2048
17:43 vipulgupta2048_ Let's wait for 5 minutes more to get Carlos back.
17:43 #start-meeting
17:43 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun  1 17:43:32 2018 UTC. The chair is vipulgupta2048_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:43 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
17:43 Abdul Okay
17:43 vipulgupta2048_ #topic Weekly Mentor meeting
17:43 Any question that you have Abdul ??
17:43 a-ritwik has quit IRC
17:44 Abdul Try texting him on whatsapp
17:44 vipulgupta2048_ I already did.
17:44 Did you review the documentation I wrote? Any suggestions?
17:44 Abdul You seem not to be posting on your blog on a weekly basis, any problems with that?
17:45 vipulgupta2048_ I have please check again, this is week 5. I have been very thorough with that.
17:45 https://mixstersite.wordpress.com/gsoc2018/ Here are all the GSoC blogs.
17:45 I also sent you the links on our chat.
17:46 Abdul Okay, sorry, thought you missed a week recently
17:47 vipulgupta2048_ The review ? Anything on that yet.
17:47 Abdul Yes
17:47 vipulgupta2048_ I have contacted Carlos, he isn't responding :(
17:47 Abdul The repo is well organized
17:47 But i have a question
17:48 Oh never mind
17:48 Seems you removed the folder i wanted to ask about
17:48 But the documentation is quite simple and explanatory, i do not have any issues with it
17:49 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.69.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:49 vipulgupta2048_ Repository link for reference - https://github.com/vipulgupta2048/SugarPort
17:50 The folder is where I have the draft scripts. It's like the workbench. I thought it was best not to add it.
17:50 Abdul Okay
17:50 vipulgupta2048_ Also, I need a place where tokens can be applied safely without security issue
17:51 GitHub is picky about it tokens
17:51 Hi unimauro
17:51 unimauro hi friends
17:51 Abdul And the documentation would change as the project progresses right?
17:51 vipulgupta2048_ we are talking about the review of the repository https://github.com/vipulgupta2048/SugarPort
17:52 Yes, Abdul - I probably dump the current one. Too long and cubersome. I would like the script to take the token for the user.
17:52 Abdul Like automatically? or they'll still need to set it by changing the code?
17:53 If automatically, how do you plan on going about that?
17:53 vipulgupta2048_ Well, it's pretty easy. You accept the token the user gives you using raw_input of string in python
17:54 Abdul Oh, like the command line argument when running the script right?
17:54 vipulgupta2048_ token = input("Enter GitHub API token") and token will store the string.
17:54 Abdul Oh okay
17:54 vipulgupta2048_ Right. Much more modular
17:54 Less work for the user.
17:54 Abdul I was thinking of something else, like you would get their token from github
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ unimauro, anything from your side on the code.
17:55 Abdul Exactly
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ or the repository or the project in general.
17:55 Abdul What are you planning on working on in the next week?
17:55 vipulgupta2048_ Like I mentioned in the meeting the following.
17:55 1. Hopefully once in my rhythm, I want to increase number of activities fixed following Rdsadhu.
17:55 2. Start working on other deliverables and open issues of mine (don't like open issues)
17:55 3. Working out on blog 6; I be talking about documentation and setting up of dev environments (virtualenv, pip, pypy and pipenv EVERYTHING)
17:55 4. Found a way to find what out mystery person has done in a particular repository through a script. Will be fine tuning it. 😉
17:55 5. Looking a little ahead to deploy ASLOv3 and get some time into testing and DevOps.
17:56 TL;DR - FIX MORE activities.
17:56 Pro-Panda has quit IRC
17:57 unimauro vipulgupta2048_ in review
17:58 Abdul Okay
17:58 I'll be down for testing, ASLOv3, anytime during the week
17:59 vipulgupta2048_ Cool, thanks. I am waiting for unimauro as he wanted to discuss something.
18:00 Abdul Okay
18:00 vipulgupta2048_ Abdul, Anything more from your side ?
18:00 Please also check the Tracker.
18:02 Abdul No, nothing for now
18:02 Checking it
18:06 unimauro has quit IRC
18:10 Abdul Hey
18:10 Seetarama_Raju_ has quit IRC
18:10 Abdul Seems like Carlos is gone again
18:13 vipulgupta2048_ I am waiting for him
18:13 *still
18:14 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.69.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:15 vipulgupta2048_ Hi again unimauro, I reckon you wanted to discuss something and your review?
18:16 unimauro not now for me is a good advance
18:16 unimauro has quit IRC
18:17 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.69.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:19 vipulgupta2048_ unimauro, I didn't get you.
18:19 walterbender, are you here?
18:20 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
18:22 vipulgupta2048_ I be closing at 12 am IST, if someone like to weigh in.
18:22 unimauro, ??
18:28 I am closing the meeting due unimauro not responding.
18:29 #end-meeting
18:29 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun  1 18:29:02 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
18:29 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T17:43:32.html
18:29 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-01T17:43:32
18:33 vipulgupta2048_ has quit IRC
18:37 unimauro has quit IRC
19:00 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0015d1c4c3eea​d1032.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:06 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
19:07 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.67.244> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:13 Pro-Panda[m] has quit IRC
19:14 Pro-Panda[m] <Pro-Panda[m]!uid227@beta.alwyzon.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:26 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@41.190.30.251> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:29 walterbender has quit IRC
19:31 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
20:00 llaske has quit IRC
20:00 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0015d1c4c3eea​d1032.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:01 Jasperjohn <Jasperjohn!~androirc@user109x79.lvusd.k12.ca.us> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:01 samsongoddy Hello all
20:01 llaske Hi
20:02 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!31209fac@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.32.159.172> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 GrannieB <GrannieB!acfb21dd@gateway/web/freenode/ip.172.251.33.221> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 GrannieB The link in the email is not good, nor is the one on the wiki.
20:04 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 walterbender hi
20:05 sorry I am late
20:05 my xchat was donw
20:05 any SLOB members here?
20:05 GrannieB The link in the email is not good, nor is the one on the wiki
20:06 walterbender hmm. I thought I tested the link in the email
20:06 llaske I'm here
20:06 samsongoddy Yeah
20:07 face_ <face_!497e4bb7@gateway/web/freenode/ip.73.126.75.183> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:07 face_ test of webchat... seems to work
20:07 face_ has quit IRC
20:07 walterbender #start-meeting
20:07 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun  1 20:07:40 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:07 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
20:07 walterbender we don't seem to have a quorum, be we can discuss in any case
20:08 #summer internships
20:09 there is a proposal to offer a Sugar Labs certificate of participation for students who do the equivalent of a GSoC internship
20:09 with mentors
20:09 but unpaid
20:09 seems OK to me as long as (1) we vet the students, projects, and mentors
20:10 and (2) there is clear, consistent communication with the community
20:10 Jasperjohn has quit IRC
20:10 walterbender comments?
20:10 samsongoddy I like it
20:10 llaske Not sure about the idea we've got lot GSoC students this year. Do we need internships ?
20:11 GrannieB They should get something... like a really cool t-shirt and stickers to put on their computer
20:11 walterbender llaske, there have been a lot of people who did not get selected who want to participate
20:11 samsongoddy For instance someone decided to work on Sugar Labs Social aside Gsoc
20:11 walterbender but would like some ACK
20:11 some of the "non-coding" projects, for example
20:11 GrannieB ACK?
20:11 walterbender acknowledge
20:12 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:12 walterbender hi Claudia_
20:12 llaske +1 GrannieB for the idea of T-Shirt and Stickers
20:12 walterbender we have a quorum :)
20:13 We need to decide if we want to have an "official" letter so that they can put it on their resumes
20:13 we can give anyone a t-shirt
20:13 Claudia_ Hello
20:13 samsongoddy Hello
20:13 Pro-Panda Although I don't count, but I too agree with the idea of internships
20:14 walterbender to me it is all about mentoring
20:14 llaske I think we don't need a specific process for that. We could rewards guys who done good jobs
20:14 walterbender is stretched to the limit
20:14 I think we need to be concrete to make it meaningful
20:15 GrannieB It should be "formalized"
20:16 llaske Okay why not. But something very simple: no more than one paragraph
20:16 walterbender we can basically use the same criteria as GSoC but not worry about the $$$ or the formality of proof of university enrollment
20:17 Claudia_, any thoughts? you able to follow along coming in late?
20:17 GrannieB That would be good as some _teachers_ might want to participate as "interns" to write lessons for Sugar Activities
20:17 walterbender +1
20:17 llaske +1
20:17 samsongoddy +1
20:17 Vrondir has quit IRC
20:18 Claudia_ walterbender: trying to catch up
20:18 walterbender http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-01T20:07:40
20:19 As long as we have the mentors!!!
20:20 It would be good to get the full board to chime in so I propose an email vote for this.
20:20 Claudia_ Thanks walterbender... the idea of a portfolio came to my mind
20:20 walterbender So as to hear from Sameer, Adam, and Ignacio
20:20 Claudia_, Yes...
20:21 In the case of GSoC it is the blog and the git repo
20:21 but some body of vetted materials is critical
20:21 Claudia_ yes... maybe we can create a rubric and have some people look into it and determine
20:22 GrannieB  Pily Perez in Mexico would be a marvelous mentor. She has worked with IIAB but maybe she could do something with Sugar...
20:22 walterbender maybe we can develop the rubric with the interns and mentors this summer
20:22 Claudia_ walterbender: before I forget... did the proposal you submitted at MIT got funded?
20:22 walterbender nope
20:22 Claudia_ walterbender: yes
20:22 walterbender I haven
20:22 t had time to come into MIT to find out why
20:22 I suspect in large part because it was from me :P
20:23 Claudia_ I don't think so, but I have ideas... let's talk off line
20:23 walterbender but the proposal in Japan is looking very good
20:23 Claudia_ good
20:23 back to the meeting.. sorry
20:23 GrannieB Re: Pily Perez...Actually, perhaps she could get a stipend and be in charge of other mentors..
20:23 walterbender Claudia_, yes... I have a lot to catch you up on :)
20:24 GrannieB, maybe this is a good moment to switch to an update from the Learning Team?
20:25 I'll send email to solicit an email vote of the sugar certificate program
20:25 #topic learning team
20:25 samsongoddy Education team?
20:25 walterbender I prefer "learning" :)
20:25 At least we are not the "Training" team
20:25 GrannieB So far the response has not been huge, but we have several good people signed up
20:26 walterbender probably quality over quantity is better anyway
20:26 when will there be the first meeting?
20:27 GrannieB Our facebook "closed group" is ready to go and Samson and I can get people into it soon... he has a test Saturday and I am getting ready to head for Montana in a few days
20:27 But I think in the next 2 weeks we should have it it up and running
20:27 Claudia_ super
20:28 Pro-Panda sorry to interrupt, re Learning Team, I would like to join in
20:30 samsongoddy Nice
20:30 walterbender anything else re learning? will Pily be joining?
20:30 any other educators?
20:30 GrannieB We also have a request for a project for the Education Team
20:31 walterbender what sort of project?
20:31 GrannieB Tony Anderson has asked us to go through _all_ of the Sugar Activities and pick those that are most useful for classroom teaching
20:32 walterbender seems we have done this a few times in the past
20:32 GrannieB He wants it for his version of IIAB which includes Sugar. I'm not sure Adam's version does (but it is very excellent)
20:32 walterbender Claudia_, do you have access to the lists we prepared for OLPC?
20:32 llaske A very good idea GrannieB, it remind me "XO laptop in the classroom" peruvian book
20:32 GrannieB Not really done in the past for ALL the Activities
20:33 Claudia_ list of activities?
20:33 GrannieB There are some "goodies" there that no one knows about
20:33 walterbender GrannieB, why are there hidden goodies?
20:33 GrannieB The list is on the wiki somewhere... at least I assume it still is
20:33 Claudia_ We had dome some work for a proposal in Florida...
20:34 it was a very specific (math?) one...
20:34 GrannieB There are some that were never included in the main packages. They were add-ons
20:34 walterbender Claudia_, I remember participating in an exercise like this for Miami for the tablet
20:34 Claudia_ I think it would be good to come up with a framework.. which is what I did help with when OLPC was working on the tablet
20:34 walterbender GrannieB, maybe you can find the repos so we can add them to git hub and make them maintained goodies
20:34 Claudia_, +1
20:35 GrannieB http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/
20:35 Claudia_ but we can create one... what are the types of affordances and then what activities fall into the categories (and which ones are missing)
20:35 GrannieB this is the link to the almost complete library of Activities
20:36 Quozl_ .
20:36 Claudia_ I did had one that open about two axis (content and experience)... but we can define other things
20:36 GrannieB BTW are we dropping the capital "A" in Activities? I thought it was a tradition
20:36 walterbender GrannieB, Tony and yashagrawal3 have been working hard to vet the ASLO activities... many are broken and unmaintained
20:37 but it would good to get fresh insight into what is worthwhile maintaining
20:38 shall we move to the next topic?
20:38 samsongoddy has quit IRC
20:38 walterbender #topic GSoC update
20:39 Claudia_ We should not... my bad. It should be Activiyies
20:39 walterbender So far, so good. Lots of hard work by the teams working on Python3, GTK-3, and the clean up of the repos and help
20:39 Claudia_ Activities
20:40 walterbender the MB and TB interns are busy coding and fixing bugs
20:40 llaske I'm concern about fact that lot of students have exams
20:40 walterbender and the Sugarizer crew seems to be making progress (although we were missing some of them at today's meeting_
20:40 llaske, most of them had exams in their proposed schedules...
20:41 llaske yes but I don't remind it was the case last year
20:41 walterbender llaske, it has been the case every year
20:41 it is a function of school calendars
20:41 llaske GSoC is earlier this year
20:41 walterbender GrannieB, any update from your student?
20:41 GrannieB Our intern for Primero is terrific! She is working on a Cuisenaire-like arithmetic Activity.
20:42 walterbender she missed the meeting today...
20:42 GrannieB She has some connectivity issues. The power in Pakistan isn't reliable
20:42 walterbender would you please ask her to send a link to her blog to the lists?
20:42 GrannieB Will do
20:42 walterbender thx
20:42 llaske I don't understand the work she does
20:43 Quozl_ i suggest looking closer at the students that have the output rate of a snail; they may be in over their depth and need daily mentoring.
20:44 walterbender Quozl_, yes... I've had to up the pace of hand-holding with a couple
20:44 is a bit worried about one student who is plenty smart but doesn't seem motivated
20:45 Quozl_ walterbender: i don't know for sure; on the internet nobody knows who you are, but some of the work _before_ GSoC was way better than some of the work _during_.  ;-)
20:45 walterbender Quozl_, yes... I noticed that more this year than in years past
20:46 perhaps some applicants got help in trying to impress us in the courtship
20:46 Quozl_ good, had feared i was imagining it.  amazing what pre-application motivation does.
20:46 GrannieB maybe so...
20:46 walterbender but there is a core group that is working hard and I think pulling the rest along with them
20:47 GrannieB let's hope pre-deadline motivation works the same magic
20:47 walterbender the weekly group meeting is a strong motivator too
20:47 llaske +1 GrannieB we will not hesitate to fail some students if need
20:48 walterbender I am not against cutting our loses and failing some
20:48 I don't want to waste anyone's time mentoring a slacker
20:49 any other GSoC comments?
20:49 GrannieB Just as a refresher so I can remind Iqra... what is the UTC time and link for the weekly intern meeting?
20:49 walterbender the usual Sugar Meeting channel (here)
20:50 and it is at 12:30 ET
20:50 20:00 IST
20:50 16:30 UTC
20:50 I am out of topics since samson and sameer are not here
20:51 anyone else have a topic to raise?
20:51 GrannieB Where is Adam?
20:51 walterbender could the SLOB members present +1 to end the meeting?
20:51 Claudia_ has quit IRC
20:52 llaske +1
20:52 walterbender last I heard from Adam was the announcement about internet in a box
20:52 +1
20:52 I think we lost Claudia...
20:52 GrannieB Yes, I saw that... I wonder if he is in Mexico
20:52 walterbender so here we go.
20:52 thanks everyone
20:53 GrannieB Bye
20:53 walterbender #end-meeting
20:53 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun  1 20:53:05 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
20:53 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T20:07:40.html
20:53 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-06-01T20:07:40
20:53 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!~androirc@41.190.31.219> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:54 llaske has quit IRC
20:54 walterbender samsongoddy, sorry we just ended
20:55 I will send email re the budget advance over the weekend for a vote
20:55 GrannieB has quit IRC
20:56 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0015d1c4c3eea​d1032.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:57 Pro-Panda has left #sugar-meeting
20:57 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0030ee7da520e​8c420.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:58 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:59 samsongoddy has quit IRC
21:00 llaske has quit IRC
21:01 llaske_ has quit IRC
21:31 Claudia_ has quit IRC
21:38 jaskirat has quit IRC
22:43 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0030ee7da520e​8c420.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:47 llaske has quit IRC
23:01 walterbender has quit IRC
23:27 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
23:27 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.67.244> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:41 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
23:52 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-xffeittonvwkfplu> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster