Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-05-21

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:49 walterbender has quit IRC
00:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:59 walterbender has quit IRC
01:04 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:31 walterbender has quit IRC
01:35 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:13 walterbender has quit IRC
02:56 llaske <llaske!~llaske@LFbn-1-3443-24.w90-127.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:01 llaske has quit IRC
03:04 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:18 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!3121107f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.33.16.127> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:38 Pro-Panda has left #sugar-meeting
06:39 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:41 bikram has quit IRC
09:03 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:03 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0089f61684360​b6ba3.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:28 llaske has quit IRC
10:06 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0089f61684360​b6ba3.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:52 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:55 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:22 walterbender has quit IRC
11:29 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:35 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.228.42> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:38 bikram has quit IRC
12:33 walterbender has quit IRC
12:40 Vrondir has quit IRC
12:43 llaske has quit IRC
12:44 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:50 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
13:10 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:19 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!31206226@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.32.98.38> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:29 Pro-Panda walterbender: ping
13:29 walterbender pong
13:29 Pro-Panda, hi
13:29 Pro-Panda Should we start the meeting ?
13:30 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!7768897f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.119.104.137.127> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:30 walterbender yes
13:30 Pro-Panda Hi
13:30 #start-meeting
13:30 meeting Meeting started Mon May 21 13:30:44 2018 UTC. The chair is Pro-Panda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:30 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
13:30 Pro-Panda #chair walterbender iamutkarshtiwari
13:30 meeting Current chairs: Pro-Panda iamutkarshtiwari walterbender
13:31 Pro-Panda #link https://www.pro-panda.tech/201[…]GSoC-Maltose.html
13:31 iamutkarshtiwari Hello Mr. Cameron and Mr. Bender
13:31 Hi Pro-panda
13:31 Pro-Panda Link for this week's blog post
13:31 ^^
13:31 #topic previous-week
13:31 walterbender Pro-Panda, are you stuck on Telepathy?
13:32 Pro-Panda walterbender: yes
13:32 walterbender wonders if we can by pass it in the short term
13:32 and revisit after getting everything else working
13:33 is it just lack of documentation or is there something else too?
13:33 Pro-Panda A hack would be to pack my port of telepathy inside sugar-toolkit for a while. But, in that case, we should avoid building packages for the same
13:34 http://lists.sugarlabs.org/arc[…]8-May/055396.html
13:35 walterbender: Lack of documentation and lack of developers maintaining and using telepathy
13:35 walterbender I think we will want to address this over the course of GSoC
13:35 the question is when
13:35 I don't know what collabora has replaced telepathy with...
13:35 We've been long overdue for an overhaul
13:36 but it will break a number of core activities
13:36 write, chat, record, turtle, etc.
13:36 With most of these, we've managed to compartmentalize the collaboration code
13:36 Pro-Panda walterbender: this response was from someone from collabora: https://lists.freedesktop.org/[…]8-May/007061.html
13:36 walterbender but it is still a major undertaking
13:37 Emilio's plan makes sense
13:38 but I wonder if they have a newer, better maintained framework?
13:38 Pro-Panda I don't think so ;'(
13:39 I had been able to port activities to TelepathyGLib, but only the ones which didn't make Channels there itself
13:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/stopwatch/pull/4
13:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]calculate/pull/51
13:39 https://github.com/sugarlabs/w[…]-activity/pull/25
13:41 walterbender what is an example of where we create a new channel (/me though just about everything -- except for record -- used text channels)
13:42 Pro-Panda Pippy
13:43 walterbender doesn't like the collaboration model in Pippy very much
13:43 Pro-Panda Same is the case with Toolkit as well
13:44 https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]70d8ec36f91c15L30
13:45 is confused on what is to be done next
13:45 walterbender We should consult with Quozl, but IMHO, if we can get the text channels working and those activities that only use text channels, we can cover most of our needs while we sort this out
13:46 Pro-Panda Hmm.
13:46 walterbender seems that the toolkit needs text channels and to manage rooms
13:47 Pro-Panda, do you have a way to test collaboration?
13:47 Pro-Panda gets confused with the terminologies used by telepathy
13:47 walterbender: yes
13:48 I am using two VM intances on my machine
13:48 walterbender OK
13:48 and what is broken in the toolkit?
13:48 couldn't tell by reading your patch
13:49 Pro-Panda Nothing is broken, I couldn't make port telepathy.client.Channel object used in the toolkit
13:49 *couldn't port
13:51 Quozl's Messages while we discussed this on #sugar
13:51 "Pro-Panda[m]: yes, I saw. I looked for Python code on GitHub that calls Telepathy, but haven't found anything very helpful yet; did find this; https://github.com/heiher/telepathy-examples ... which uses the same API but with the Vala language."
13:51 "Pro-Panda[m]: another approach might be to look at release notes of different versions of Telepathy, or compare different documentation versions. But ultimately, you may have to understand how Telepathy works."
13:52 walterbender there must be someone somewhere using the python bindings
13:53 Pro-Panda walterbender: I couldn't find anyone :/
13:53 using the PyGobject Binding
13:54 walterbender do you know vala? (I don't but it looks a lot like Python)
13:54 Pro-Panda Umm, Should I spend the next week on completing this port ?
13:54 walterbender maybe more like JS
13:54 Pro-Panda thinks if he can understand the terms well, he might be able to port the entire code
13:54 speculates
13:55 walterbender Pro-Panda, see if you can make any headway over the next 24 hours and we can discuss it further with Quozl at tomorrow's meeting
13:55 Pro-Panda Sure
13:56 Also, maybe octamois can join in to work on the toolkit, since its a prereq for porting activities and the port of activities is fairly trivial imo
13:56 I ported ~8 of them already
13:57 Both of us can wrap all the activities at the end
13:58 walterbender sounds good
13:58 what else needs to be done on the toolkit?
13:58 Pro-Panda Porting the make files
13:58 https://github.com/sugarlabs/s[…]it-gtk3/pull/391: I will complete this patch soon
13:58 *patch's compliment
14:00 Nothing else needs to be done on the toolkit
14:01 There is scope for improvement in the docs and examples, but I think we can put them at a low priority for now
14:01 walterbender so one of you can work on make and one on telepathy?
14:01 Pro-Panda Sure
14:01 walterbender let's decide at tomorrow's meeting the details
14:02 Pro-Panda Sure
14:02 walterbender but meanwhile, see if you can dig a bit deeper into telepathy
14:02 If you can get the gist of the vala code, it may help.
14:02 Pro-Panda Yes, I am also going through browse/collabwrapper
14:02 And a few other examples
14:03 But it seems that TelepathyGLib has some differences in the terminology, which makes it confusing
14:03 walterbender we use collabwrapper a lot of places
14:04 Pro-Panda Quozl suggested me to go through that
14:05 I will try to discuss this on #telepathy once again
14:06 I have nothing more in mind as of now :-)
14:08 walterbender I can walk you through that code if it would help
14:09 hasn't looked at it in a while
14:09 Pro-Panda Sure, that would be a lot of help
14:09 Maybe we can discuss in half an hour, collecting on all my doubts as well
14:09 ?
14:11 walterbender OK
14:11 I should be around
14:11 Pro-Panda Great, thank you :-)
14:12 walterbender we added pretty extensive comments in the collabwrapper code as I recall
14:13 Pro-Panda Once I port the telepathy code in toolkit, I will add there too :-)
14:13 Should we end the meeting ?
14:13 walterbender wonders if we shouldn't add collabwrapper to the toolkit...
14:13 something else to discuss
14:14 Pro-Panda *add comments
14:14 Sure, what should we discuss ?
14:17 walterbender I meant to discuss in the devel meeting
14:17 Pro-Panda Oh, alright
14:17 walterbender I've nothing more to add for today
14:17 Pro-Panda Cool, same here
14:18 iamutkarshtiwari: Is there anything which needs discussion in your opinion ?
14:18 iamutkarshtiwari Nothing from my side
14:18 Pro-Panda Great, thank you :-)
14:18 walterbender thank you
14:18 Pro-Panda #end-meeting
14:18 meeting Meeting ended Mon May 21 14:18:53 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:18 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-21T13:30:44.html
14:18 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-21T13:30:44
14:19 Pro-Panda I will post the summary to Sugar-devel
14:20 Pro-Panda has left #sugar-meeting
14:26 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
15:10 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf0089f61684360​b6ba3.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:18 llaske_ <llaske_!~llaske@80.215.109.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:20 llaske has quit IRC
15:34 llaske_ has quit IRC
15:37 llaske <llaske!~llaske@80.215.4.76> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:00 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.228.42> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:02 llaske has quit IRC
16:03 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:07 llaske has quit IRC
16:07 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:17 llaske has quit IRC
16:44 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:49 llaske has quit IRC
17:05 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
17:19 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:26 walterbender has quit IRC
17:53 llaske has quit IRC
18:39 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:46 satellit_ is now known as satellit
18:48 satellit walterbender  have you asked how sugar toast does telepathy?
18:48 walterbender has quit IRC
19:10 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:17 satellit walterbender trisquel 8 sugar does telepathy...should ask quidam how he does it
19:17 toast
19:22 ThomasGilli-fb0c <ThomasGilli-fb0c!~urk@c-76-28-208-105.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:22 ThomasGilli-fb0c here is toast trisquel 8 sugar
19:23 satellit in VirtualBox in f28
19:23 ThomasGilli-fb0c has quit IRC
19:26 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:48 walterbender has quit IRC
20:27 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:34 walterbender has quit IRC
20:36 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:40 walterbender has quit IRC
20:40 llaske has quit IRC
20:52 Vrondir has quit IRC
21:13 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:20 Vrondir has quit IRC
21:22 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.216> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:31 Vrondir has quit IRC
22:20 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:03 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00301c3f3c6ed​e95c4.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:07 llaske has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster