Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2018-05-18

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:41 walterbender has quit IRC
03:19 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00bc92104e310​b9ffd.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:22 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:23 llaske has quit IRC
06:41 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:05 llaske <llaske!~llaske@80.214.68.49> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:14 llaske has quit IRC
07:59 bikram has quit IRC
08:04 bikram <bikram!~bikram@202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:36 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-dtxrjymldicqyvdp> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:07 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146.115.133.213> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:15 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:03 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:09 walterbender has quit IRC
11:31 bikram has quit IRC
11:55 jaskirat has quit IRC
12:41 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:54 walterbender has quit IRC
12:55 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:58 JatinD[noreply] <JatinD[noreply]!jatindhank@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-keblirchlugogdnu> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:59 ibiam <ibiam!~ibiam@105.112.89.154> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:47 divyanshu <divyanshu!dce3e54d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.220.227.229.77> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:47 divyanshu Hello
13:50 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:56 divyanshu rdrsadhu: can you tell me what's the difference between user-doc and dev-doc?
13:57 rdrsadhu sure,
13:58 user-doc: documentation about HOW to use an activity. What the buttons does etc
13:58 like;
13:58 divyanshu rdrsadhu: cool
13:58 so if user-doc then migration of it to help-activity any specfic reason behind it?
13:59 rdrsadhu https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Story this an user-doc
13:59 yes, if it is moved to help-activity:
13:59 1) the page is also accessible offline
14:00 2) something called contextual help.
14:00 divyanshu then why not move the developer doc to help-activity as well
14:00 rdrsadhu we can press alt+shift+h from within an sugar activity
14:00 because, the intended audience is different
14:01 divyanshu rdrsadhu: didn't get you on this
14:01 rdrsadhu sugar users are generally students in developing countries; with limited access to internet.
14:01 They need an easy to access way to learn how to use an activity
14:02 divyanshu yes that's why we are moving user-doc to help-activity byt why not dev-doc who are the targeting users for dev-doc's
14:02 rdrsadhu but info like https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TamTam
14:02 is better to be stored in the source github repo
14:02 divyanshu okay so tamtam this is dev-doc?
14:02 rdrsadhu yes
14:02 divyanshu okay so let me start the meeting may I ?
14:02 for logs
14:03 rdrsadhu sure
14:03 divyanshu we can discuss more in the meeting
14:03 #startmeeting
14:03 meeting Meeting started Fri May 18 14:03:12 2018 UTC. The chair is divyanshu. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:03 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:03 divyanshu Hi rdrsadhu I was also going through you blog and would like to suggest you to correct the typo here in this line in your blog "would help developers/maintaiers a lot."
14:04 I hope you got it.
14:04 rdrsadhu as I was saying; its more about making information easily accessible to people who need it
14:04 yes, *maintainers
14:05 divyanshu but don't you think dev-doc is also an information that people will need?
14:06 rdrsadhu yes, but those people who will need dev-docs
14:06 are more frequent in github than at the user-documentation site help.sugarlabs.org
14:07 https://help.sugarlabs.org/en/
14:07 divyanshu Got it ! so there are more people who are in need to user-doc in comparison to that of dev-doc
14:07 Am I right?
14:08 rdrsadhu yes partly. The point is:
14:08 divyanshu rdrsadhu: go on.
14:08 rdrsadhu Make developer documentation easily accessible to developers
14:09 and user-documentation easily accessible to users
14:09 divyanshu and developers are present in github right?
14:09 rdrsadhu The intended audience are 2 different groups of people (often)
14:09 yes at github
14:10 divyanshu and most of the users who are not developers using sugar desktop env. can rely on user-doc which in turn is moved into help-activity.
14:10 right?
14:10 rdrsadhu right
14:10 divyanshu cool.
14:11 So, Have you migrated all of the base-activities(Fructose)?
14:11 rdrsadhu Most of them have already been migrated (previous work before GSoC)
14:12 but, their wiki pages still remains
14:12 divyanshu So these days are you working on Turtle Art?
14:12 rdrsadhu So, I'll need to check for consistency and then redirect the wiki pages accordingly
14:12 Yes, Turtle Art
14:12 divyanshu cool got it.
14:12 and you manually check the difference between user-doc and dev-doc right?
14:13 rdrsadhu yes
14:13 Some pages even contain both like
14:13 https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Physics
14:13 so I need to split the information up and move accordingly
14:13 divyanshu I know you are doing great.
14:14 Cool any other commitments? or anything else would you like to share with me as I am done with my Questions.
14:14 rdrsadhu thanks.
14:14 https://rdrsadhu.github.io/blo[…]0-weekly-updates/
14:15 blog post about weekly work
14:15 divyanshu Sure Thanks I will read that as well
14:15 anything else or let's call it end of the meeting
14:15 rdrsadhu No commitments in the coming week, I'll try to migrate as many more pages as I can
14:16 sure
14:16 divyanshu Thanks for your time rdrsadhu :)
14:17 rdrsadhu thank you Divyanshu.
14:17 divyanshu #endmeeting
14:17 meeting Meeting ended Fri May 18 14:17:09 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:17 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-18T14:03:12.html
14:17 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-18T14:03:12
14:17 rdrsadhu It was nice talking to you! :)
14:17 divyanshu please share the logs with the community
14:17 sure
14:17 i am in hurry byeeeeeeee
14:17 rdrsadhu cool bye!
14:17 divyanshu has quit IRC
14:19 llaske has quit IRC
14:20 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:30 llaske has quit IRC
14:32 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:51 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
14:54 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:08 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
15:11 llaske has quit IRC
16:05 ibiam has quit IRC
16:15 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-uuwudujdnqvaezki> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:17 a-ritwik <a-ritwik!7bc9648d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.123.201.100.141> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:19 rishabh42 <rishabh42!~rishabh@122.176.250.10> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 vipulgupta2048 <vipulgupta2048!~vipulgupt@117.242.228.40> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 Pratul1997 <Pratul1997!2f0866ba@gateway/web/freenode/ip.47.8.102.186> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:22 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@80.215.203.199> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 riyalohia <riyalohia!6acfe859@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.207.232.89> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 vipulgupta2048 Yolo
16:26 divyanshu <divyanshu!9d25de86@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.37.222.134> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:26 divyanshu hey
16:26 octamois Hello
16:26 vipulgupta2048 Hi
16:27 Pratul1997 hey
16:28 a-ritwik_ <a-ritwik_!7bc974de@gateway/web/freenode/ip.123.201.116.222> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:28 riyalohia Hii!
16:28 walterbender hi
16:28 a-ritwik_ hi
16:28 walterbender riyalohia, you saw my comments on your PR?
16:28 a-ritwik has quit IRC
16:29 riyalohia walterbender: yes, I just saw them
16:29 Abdul <Abdul!d4af9668@gateway/web/freenode/ip.212.175.150.104> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:30 Abdul Hello guys
16:30 amanharitsh123 Hello
16:31 rdrsadhu_ <rdrsadhu_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 walterbender shall we begin
16:31 #start-meeting
16:31 meeting Meeting started Fri May 18 16:31:25 2018 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:31 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:31 divyanshu walterbender: +1
16:31 walterbender Welcome everyone
16:31 riyalohia walterbender, not sure about why the calculations are not necessary each time note is played.
16:31 walterbender We've finished the first week of coding :)
16:31 rishabh42 hi all
16:32 walterbender a-ritwik_, whould you like to begin?
16:32 a-ritwik_ I am working on meter for rhythm ruler
16:32 Pro-Panda <Pro-Panda!31211aa9@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.33.26.169> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:33 Abdul yay, hi everyone
16:33 walterbender a-ritwik_, can you say a bit more?
16:33 vipulgupta2048 Hi, Abdul
16:33 a-ritwik_ I was confused about whether to use different meters for different rows
16:34 walterbender a-ritwik_, did you resolve that with Devin?
16:34 a-ritwik_ Yeah, I had to study some musical concepts that I did not knew.
16:35 Abdul Pardon me, a-ritwik, could you please give a bit more context?
16:35 a-ritwik_ Abdul, I am talking about rhythm ruler widget in Music Blocks
16:36 Abdul Okay, thank you
16:36 walterbender Abdul, https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]ter/guide#rhythms
16:36 Abdul walterbender, thanks
16:37 walterbender the issue is how to take into consideration meter when subdividing the ruler
16:37 a-ritwik_ yes
16:37 walterbender a-ritwik_, what are your plans for next week?
16:37 jaskirat Hello everyone ....!!
16:38 a-ritwik_ I plan to fix current issue by this weekend and move to PTM.
16:38 walterbender great
16:38 PTM is the "pitch-time matrix" widget
16:38 https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]/guide#pitch-time
16:39 a-ritwik_ Is it okay to go through #756 after Pitch time matrix?
16:39 walterbender a-ritwik_, yes
16:40 a-ritwik_, anything else to add?
16:40 a-ritwik_ No, thanks
16:40 vaibhavdaren <vaibhavdaren!~vaibhavda@2402:3a80:9e8:6cbb:fca7:489:fb5e:7422> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:40 walterbender amanharitsh123, can you please give your update?
16:40 amanharitsh123 Hey everyone , So finally my exams are over and I can continue working on my project. Last week I completed my Docker on rpi blog which is available here https://amansharmablogblog.wor[…]arizer-rpi-image/ .
16:40 And I had some discussion with the mentors regarding the refactoring git repo issue https://github.com/amanharitsh[…]hool-box/issues/2.
16:40 We have concluded that adding every modification script to basedir/Scripts folder would be convinient and we will be making a bash script to automate all of the building process by just passing some simple commands like "build" to the script.
16:40 I will complete the refactoring task by the end of this weekend.
16:40 In the Upcoming week, I will try to append sugarizer server and client to my docker ready rpi image.
16:41 walterbender mohayon, anything to add?
16:42 mohayon As Aman said, I've created a GitHub issue to track what's going on.
16:42 walterbender +1
16:42 mohayon I will be available as much as he needs me :)
16:43 walterbender amanharitsh123, anything else you'd like to add?
16:43 amanharitsh123 In the upcoming week
16:43 walterbender octamois, I think you are next...
16:43 rishabh42 amanharitsh123, did you request a sunjammer account?
16:43 octamois Sure
16:43 amanharitsh123 I will try to complete as much work as I can to cope up with previous weeks tasks
16:44 walterbender we seem to have a backlog in sunjammer account requests. I will try to deal with it
16:44 amanharitsh123 rishabh42 , sorry I missed that as I was quiet engaged with my end sem exams
16:44 I will make the request soon for the same :)
16:44 walterbender amanharitsh123, please CC me
16:45 amanharitsh123 walterbender , alright :)
16:45 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.79.139> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:45 octamois Shall I start?
16:45 walterbender please start
16:45 divyanshu octamois: sure
16:45 octamois This week : I had my university exams, it just finished today evening and I have updated the blog with the coding period at https://medium.com/anmolmishra[…]on-3-a1e76bb2406f . I will try to fix underlined issues and complete it at the earliest. I am really sorry that I could not respond in this week.
16:46 Next week: I will start with finance activity port.
16:46 Updates: There is some package incompatibilty with Ubuntu Bionic like libtool-2.0 is required and upstream has already shifted to libtool-2.2 so its giving error at installation with toolkit standalone, Maybe there will be time when repositories will require a maintaince to keep up with the upstreams.
16:47 walterbender octamois, we should discuss this with Quozl
16:47 it may make sense to move to whatever is standard on the latest Ubuntu
16:47 octamois I am not sure if its incompatibility or not, updated version may or may not support earlier versions.
16:47 walterbender octamois, we'll have to investigate
16:48 anything else to add?
16:48 octamois walterbender: I am looking forward to discuss it in weekly meeting, till then I will dig out
16:48 rdrsadhu_ has quit IRC
16:48 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:48 walterbender +1
16:48 octamois As per suggestion by Mr James (Quozl), I think .deb and .rpm package for toolkit can be very helpful.
16:49 walterbender ok... we should move on
16:49 octamois walterbender: I think, yash and I should work on same activities then we will have a set of activities with (GTK as well as Python port)
16:50 walterbender Pratul1997, are you ready?
16:50 thx octamois
16:50 Pratul1997 Yes Walter
16:50 octamois That's all, Thank you
16:50 Pratul1997 Hello Everyone, My this week work includes finding the proper method to collect all the issue of Sugarlabs.
16:50 walterbender great
16:50 Pratul1997 https://api.github.com/search/[…]e%22+state%3Aopen
16:50 This API call is doing our job, all we need is to change the label name each time.
16:51 jaskirat Pratul1997: sounds perfect ...!
16:51 Pratul1997 First Problem: So we need to know that what all Label we are going to hunt for, so it would be great if you can notify me for suggested labels to look for.
16:51 Second Problem:  As discussion with, James I came to know about Sugarlabs Community having work at other places also apart of Sugarlabs Github organisation, so I have send mail on sugar-devel mailing list regarding the two possible solution I can come across. Kindly let me know about the possible solution to it.
16:51 jaskirat Pratul1997: will discuss about this in the coming meeting about labels
16:51 divyanshu_ <divyanshu_!9d25de86@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.37.222.134> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:52 walterbender Pratul1997, let's worry about the external repos later
16:52 I think we have enough to handle with the ones in gh/sl
16:52 divyanshu has quit IRC
16:53 Pratul1997 okay Thank you Walter
16:53 walterbender Pratul1997, I think there are a defaulIN EVERY REPOt set of tags
16:53 Pratul1997 Sugariser is a important one so I will add it also
16:53 walterbender and then additional ones...
16:54 We need a way to deal with Sugarizer in general as many things are forked there
16:54 and tracking the changes is impossible from the outside
16:54 jaskirat walterbender: +1
16:54 walterbender but that is not in the scope of your work in the short term
16:54 let's prove value on the gh/sl project first
16:55 Pratul1997 Okay Sure
16:55 walterbender for next week?
16:56 Pratul1997 What do you mean by gh/sl project?
16:56 walterbender github.com/sugarlabs
16:56 Pratul1997 Further, In the upcoming week, I have planned to test working on  https://github.com/JasonJones10/sugar-docs
16:56 To get the desired result on http://romandoc.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
16:56 jaskirat Nice
16:56 Pratul1997 So that I can transfer information to the front end of the dashboard. It would complete 35% of my project
16:57 Remaining task is to showcase all the information in the dashboard
16:57 jaskirat Pratul1997: walterbender i will make an issue on GH only in order to keep a regular track of bots and dasboards
16:57 Pratul1997 I will start making dashboard after this week
16:57 rdrsadhu_ <rdrsadhu_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:58 jaskirat Let me know if this works fine !!?
16:58 walterbender Pratul1997, but you are confident you can mine the data you need...
16:58 thx for the update, Pratul1997
16:58 divyanshu_ walterbender: I am helping him on this no need to worry about data-mining.
16:58 walterbender: may I go next?
16:59 walterbender divyanshu_, thx
16:59 divyanshu_, sure
16:59 rdrsadhu__ <rdrsadhu__!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:59 divyanshu_ I am continuously taking reports from all all of my mentees octamois , rdrsadhu,  pratul, pro-panda as well.
16:59 I have been advising pratul with sugar bot and the github api fetching data by using specific-labels as far as I know all four of them octamois , rdrsadhu,  pratul, pro-panda  are doing great.
16:59 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
16:59 jaskirat walterbender: should making issue on GH will work well for Pratul1997 's project !?
17:00 divyanshu_ I have discussed with all of them what needs to be accomplished till the phase 1 evaluation.
17:00 walterbender jaskirat, that is the idea, yes
17:00 divyanshu_ walterbender: you can find logs of our weekly meetings as well.
17:00 walterbender: +1
17:01 walterbender divyanshu_, thanks for keep on eye on things
17:01 divyanshu_ walterbender: welcome :)
17:01 walterbender divyanshu_, any concerns?
17:01 jaskirat divyanshu_ Pratul1997 walterbender: okay will make an issue for the project track !!!! But i wanted to know under what should i make !?
17:01 Pratul1997 Divyanshu has been great support throughout
17:01 rdrsadhu__ +1
17:02 walterbender nice to hear
17:02 divyanshu_ No concerns at all :)
17:02 rdrsadhu_ has quit IRC
17:02 jaskirat Pratul1997: +1
17:02 walterbender shall we go on? Pro-Panda ?
17:02 vaibhavdaren divyanshu:+1 i need help with some javascript codes :P
17:02 Pro-Panda Sure :-)
17:02 Hey everyone!
17:02 divyanshu_ vaibhavdaren: sure let me know :)
17:02 Pro-Panda Here is my blog post link: https://www.pro-panda.tech/201[…]oding-Begins.html
17:02 Currently, I am working on porting static Telepathy bindings to their PyGI version, which is a prerequisite for porting our code to Python 3
17:02 The poritng is a bit complex. I will discuss with Telepathy upstream, and Quozl asap
17:03 I hope it should be over by next week
17:03 walterbender Pro-Panda, did anyone at collabora have any suggestions?
17:03 Pro-Panda walterbender: yes
17:03 walterbender was hoping Endless already did the work for us, but no :P
17:03 Pro-Panda Just a second
17:05 I couldn't find the mail archive link. They suggested us to port to the PyGI bindings before porting to Python 3
17:05 Since the PyGI binding works for Python 2 and 3 both
17:05 walterbender make sense
17:05 Pro-Panda from gi.repository import TelepathyGLib
17:05 After this is done, I will start porting the make files for Sugar Toolkit
17:06 Or maybe, if octamois would like to work on it, it'd be great, since he is already looking into the package dependencies for toolkit
17:06 is not very comfortable with make files yet
17:06 walterbender a good chance to learn
17:06 divyanshu_ walterbender: +1
17:06 Pro-Panda walterbender: Sure :D
17:06 walterbender the days of writing make files in emacs are long past :(
17:07 Pro-Panda hehe
17:07 walterbender anything else to share?
17:07 Pro-Panda Nothing as of now, thank you :)
17:07 walterbender thx
17:07 rdrsadhu__, I thin you are next?
17:08 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:08 rdrsadhu__ Hello!
17:08 walterbender can you please give an update?
17:09 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@129.56.12.64> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:09 vaibhavdaren Pro-panda:https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/teach[…]nixTools/make.pdf you can have a look at this . Its very helpful for understanding how make files work.
17:09 walterbender while we wait for rdrsadhu__ ,
17:09 rdrsadhu_ <rdrsadhu_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:10 rdrsadhu_ Sorry got disconnected
17:10 shall I continue?
17:10 walterbender please continue
17:10 rdrsadhu_ (1) what I did during the week:
17:10 Migrated Tutorial pages of Turtle Art.
17:10 walterbender a lot of pages :)
17:10 vaibhavdaren yes :D
17:11 yashagrawal3 <yashagrawal3!~yash@47.8.139.139> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:11 walterbender rdrsadhu_, what is next?
17:11 Pro-Panda walterbender: Thanks, looks great. Would you suggest something for automake, since that's what needs to be ported
17:12 rdrsadhu__ has quit IRC
17:12 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
17:12 walterbender we seem to be losing rdrsadhu_
17:12 vipulgupta2048 Hi rdrsadhu_, did you form a screenshot directory that we discussed in the previous meeting?
17:12 walterbender let's continue with riyalohia
17:12 vipulgupta2048 Yep
17:13 riyalohia walterbender, sure!
17:13 divyanshu_ walterbender: yes let's continue wuth riyalohia
17:13 rdrsadhu <rdrsadhu!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:13 riyalohia This week I worked on a lookup table. This lookup table handles the variations in temperament and is used to tweak the hertz associated with a note. Currently I am working on set-temperament block. This block access the lookup table and tune the note according to the selected temperament.
17:14 Link to the PR : https://github.com/sugarlabs/m[…]cblocks/pull/1214
17:14 For the coming week,  I will continue work on lookup table and functioning of set-temperament block as per mentor's advice, finalize the widget designs, and will probably initiate the temperament block.
17:15 walterbender riyalohia, let's chat about the lookup table after the meeting if you are still awake :)
17:15 riyalohia walterbender, sure :)
17:15 walterbender anything else to add?
17:15 rdrsadhu_ has quit IRC
17:15 walterbender enjoyed playing with meantone
17:16 rdrsadhu_ <rdrsadhu_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:16 riyalohia walterbender , I have nothing to add.
17:16 walterbender thanks riyalohia
17:16 riyalohia walterbender, me too :D
17:16 walterbender vaibhavdaren, I think it is your turn?
17:16 vaibhavdaren this week i was occupied by my university end semester exams. which are still in progress
17:16 . tomorrow i have my Nuclear Physics Exam :P . I have already informed my mentors about the same.
17:17 .Though i have not been in close touch with them this week
17:17 walterbender vaibhavdaren, and then you are done with exams?
17:17 vaibhavdaren, while you were busy being a student, I did some coding
17:17 https://turtle.sugarlabs.org/guide/Confusion.html
17:17 vaibhavdaren no they will finish on 21st
17:17 walterbender vaibhavdaren, good luck.
17:17 jaskirat vaibhavdaren: this will help you a lot !!
17:18 rdrsadhu has quit IRC
17:18 walterbender looking forward to having you back
17:18 vaibhavdaren yes :D
17:18 ill get back to you on 21st
17:18 walterbender vaibhavdaren, anything else to add?
17:18 mohayon has quit IRC
17:18 vaibhavdaren ill get back to you on 21st
17:18 walterbender what is first on your list after the 21st?
17:19 vaibhavdaren is it okay to schedule a meeting?
17:19 walterbender yes
17:19 vaibhavdaren walterbender:+1
17:19 jaskirat walterbender: though i was having a touch with him and discussd on excersies part 1 week before !
17:19 walterbender just let me know what works for you
17:19 vaibhavdaren ill go through the links
17:20 walterbender vaibhavdaren, I can explain in more detail what I did after the 21st
17:20 vaibhavdaren and there have been a lot of new pull requests i ll like to see what new additions have been made
17:20 okay :D
17:20 jaskirat Nice
17:20 walterbender vipulgupta2048, I think we are up to you...
17:20 vaibhavdaren walterbender:+1
17:20 vipulgupta2048 Hi everyone
17:20 yashagrawal3 has quit IRC
17:20 yashagrawal3_ <yashagrawal3_!~yash@47.8.139.139> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:21 vaibhavdaren jaskirat:+1
17:21 vipulgupta2048 What I have been upto?
17:21 1. Completed All Bonding period tasks
17:21 2. Wrote a blog post on ConfigParser and how I am using it, https://mixstersite.wordpress.[…]ser-in-python-w3/
17:21 3. Making the analysis script for activity repos on Github using PyGithub, GitHub API and ConfigParser. Draft made; need to fine tune it.
17:21 4. I also reviewed a script RdSadhu sent of his migration process.
17:21
17:21 What I will do next week?
17:21 1. Next post on PyGitHub and some examples on how to use it.
17:21 2. Since coding period has started, I would like to start by showing some progress. Hence, will start making PR's and fixing some activities possibly.
17:21 3. With that, I will keep fine tuning the script and work on making it a tool that could help others as well in the long run.
17:21 4. Also I aim to start work fixing my pending issues ASAP. I have that planned as well, once I get the ball rolling.
17:21
17:21 I got a problem to discuss as well. If people have read this.
17:21 walterbender all sounds good
17:22 what is the problem?
17:22 vipulgupta2048 Challenges:
17:22 I have a faced bump in the road, with getting the summary out of README.md. The file is just not regular enough for a script to work and I often get wrong or incomplete.
17:22 Problem - I need to extract the summary of an activity from its readme.md or wherever. This summary will be used to showcase as activity description on ASLOv3.
17:22 Proposed solution - I am interested how it works now on http://activities.sugarlabs.org and implement something similar.
17:22 All suggestions appreciated.
17:22 Abdul vipulgupta2048, haven't seen the post yet
17:22 But i'll definitely check it out
17:23 vipulgupta2048 I have tried scraping paragraphs, from the wiki too. But the summary is what we need.
17:23 And we ain't getting it.
17:23 perrie has quit IRC
17:23 walterbender vipulgupta2048, I can imagine the README.md files are not very helpful :P
17:23 JatinD[noreply] vipulgupta2048I I tried your script. Nice work.
17:23 Some suggestions, make the script write to a file, so that it can be referenced later.
17:23 If script is taking long, do what I did, run it inside a tmux or screen session on a vps
17:24 vipulgupta2048 walterbender, I think a script might not be enough to mine summaries, I could go in manually.
17:24 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@129.56.12.64> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:24 walterbender maybe rdrsadhu_ can pull some descriptions for you
17:24 for at least some of the activities
17:25 vipulgupta2048 Hi JatinD[noreply] , walterbender I invited him today. Guys, JatinD[noreply] was a GSoC student in the previous year, his project was ASLOv3
17:25 JatinD[noreply] Hello all
17:25 vipulgupta2048 Good suggestion, will implement the same.
17:25 Abdul Welcome JatinD[noreply]
17:25 walterbender yes... he made a solid start for us
17:25 vipulgupta2048 walterbender, let's see what I can pull
17:25 Also, the emails ??
17:26 JatinD[noreply] 😄
17:26 vipulgupta2048 JatinD[noreply], I would like to know how did you create that excel file then. It might have taken days like that to get everything in order.
17:27 jaskirat JatinD[noreply]: hi ...! Looked upon your work ...! It was nice
17:27 vipulgupta2048 ASLOv3 is the new home for all activities of Sugar Labs.
17:27 will be*
17:27 :)
17:27 JatinD[noreply] vipulgupta2048:  Yes took me weeks
17:28 jaskirat: thanks
17:28 walterbender anything else?
17:28 we should move on to yashagrawal3_
17:28 vipulgupta2048 walterbender, the mails if you like to discuss here or after the meeting.
17:28 I am done.
17:28 walterbender vipulgupta2048, yes...
17:28 JatinD[noreply] about the repo link issue on aslo-v3. I am waiting for scg's opinion, will send a PR by Monday.
17:29 yashagrawal3_ It has been a pretty fun/tensed week :P  spent a lot of time porting and debugging activities. Activities that I worked on are i-can-read, record and went through turtle-confusion-activity. Spent most of my time on i-can-read-activity, but I am stuck for now, so I will wait until quozl returns. I will be working on other activities on my list and try to finish porting a few. naming the activities I will work next on: ajedrez activity, Moon
17:29 activity.
17:29 About the mails,
17:30 vipulgupta2048 ..?
17:30 yashagrawal3_ So new developers are often there who want to contribute but have no idea about where to start
17:31 walterbender yashagrawal3_, I hope we can throw some newbies at this task... it is endless
17:31 yashagrawal3_ walterbender, yes.
17:31 walterbender vipulgupta2048, GTK-3 and Python 3 would be great projects for hackathon too
17:31 perrie Yeah
17:31 divyanshu_ walterbender: +1
17:32 Pro-Panda walterbender: are we planning to keep a hackathon ?
17:32 vipulgupta2048 Well they most definitely are, PyDelhi would take any projects or issues that you would like to get solved.
17:32 walterbender vipulgupta2048, there are some specific activities that need TLC too
17:32 vipulgupta2048 Also, people from Delhi. I need you. Ping me here or wherever at vipulgupta2048
17:32 walterbender, TLC?
17:33 walterbender I'd love some help on turtleart-activity
17:33 tender-loving-care
17:33 yashagrawal3_ walterbender, thanks, I will ping you once I am working on it :)
17:33 walterbender thx
17:34 vipulgupta2048 So for context, PyDelhi is Python local user group in New Delhi, India. I have been a part of it over a year. I am a co-organizer there and we organise dev-sprints every month.
17:34 So I pinged walterbender if we could have Sugar Labs too in the devsprint
17:34 We already have Mozilla, Kivy and CPython
17:34 rdrsadhu_ nice!!
17:35 walterbender vipulgupta2048, +1
17:35 yashagrawal3_ vipulgupta2048, very nice!
17:35 vipulgupta2048 I would just need Mentors (People from delhi) and issues/activities/project you like to get solved.
17:35 And we will try our best.
17:35 jaskirat, ping.
17:36 walterbender vipulgupta2048, I am happy to come up with a list of open issues that could be fun to tackle
17:36 vipulgupta2048, can you say a bit about girlscript?
17:36 unimauro has quit IRC
17:36 vipulgupta2048 If you could mark issues with good-first-bugs or a list of issues that are easy enough. I promise beginners will eat all of them up
17:36 YES.
17:36 vaibhavdaren walterbender: its a event like gsoc for girls
17:36 jaskirat vipulgupta2048: pong
17:37 vipulgupta2048 Another thing I am involved in is GirlScript, This is pan-India so listen up.
17:37 vaibhavdaren where they are provided mentors to work on opensource projects
17:37 jaskirat vipulgupta2048: hi
17:37 vipulgupta2048 Right vaibhavdaren.
17:37 Hi jaskirat, wait one sec
17:37 Pratul1997 okay ,
17:37 vipulgupta2048 So, I saw a message mentioning that one of the GSoC projects have not been taken up.
17:37 vaibhavdaren vipulgupta2048:u mentoring?
17:38 vipulgupta2048 I was thinking we can propose the same project in GSSOC
17:38 Pratul1997 So who are part of girlscript?
17:38 vipulgupta2048 Get that solved.
17:38 walterbender, views?
17:38 jaskirat vipulgupta2048: i guess you are talking about Sugar Social ?
17:38 unimauro <unimauro!~unimauro@181.176.79.139> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:38 vipulgupta2048 I am jaskirat
17:39 walterbender any idea of the level of skill in GSSoC?
17:39 divyanshu_ vipulgupta2048: I guess Anubha also manages girlscript
17:39 vipulgupta2048 divyanshu_, I don't know who she is. Sorry. Can you ping me her details.
17:39 walterbender, well there are 3
17:39 walterbender We could start with some Turtle and Music Blocks projects to start
17:40 jaskirat walterbender: yes ...!
17:40 walterbender those were popular beginner projects in GCI
17:40 vipulgupta2048 Beginner, intermediate, Hard. different points with different project
17:40 jaskirat walterbender: it would be good to make them much and explore more
17:40 divyanshu_ vipulgupta2048: she is Founder & CEO at GirlScript India
17:40 walterbender maybe we can do a hangout?
17:40 Pratul1997 As far as I know mostly in girlscript they are getting webite made
17:41 website*
17:41 vipulgupta2048 All details here http://gssoc.tech/
17:41 jaskirat would love to introduce about TB and MB there
17:41 vipulgupta2048 Pratul1997, but there is no harm in submitting a project of our own. If it is taken up. All good for the community
17:42 yashagrawal3_ would they be willing to add porting GTK3 project, sugarlabs can take a little help there.
17:42 walterbender `anything we need to discuss in the meeting?
17:42 vipulgupta2048 divyanshu_, Ooooo, Okay. I didn't know that. I just got to know about the community.
17:42 walterbender did I miss anyone?
17:42 vipulgupta2048 yes, we are getting sidetracked.
17:42 rdrsadhu_ I would like to try my luck and internet connection; one more time :)
17:43 jaskirat vipulgupta2048: would love to here more ....!
17:43 Pro-Panda walterbender: I had a suggestion/request
17:43 walterbender rdrsadhu_, please go ahead
17:43 rdrsadhu_ (1) what I did during the week:
17:43 Migrated Tutorial pages of Turtle Art.
17:43 A total of 54 pages have been migrated so far.
17:43 walterbender wow
17:43 rdrsadhu_ The list is at https://github.com/rdrsadhu/beta-migration-script
17:43 ,
17:43 (2) what I plan to do in the coming week:
17:43 Complete the turtle-art section and
17:44 then move on to the pages for fructose set of activities; if time permits
17:44 .
17:44 (3) any concerns/roadblocks/issues:
17:44 None
17:44 .
17:44 Weekly Blog Post at https://rdrsadhu.github.io/blo[…]-updates/#week-01
17:44 divyanshu_ rdrsadhu_: +1
17:44 walterbender rdrsadhu_, the focus on Frucose is great
17:44 rdrsadhu_ vipul, regarding the screenshots directory: I have it noted. I'll add them as I find
17:45 perrie has quit IRC
17:45 rdrsadhu_ :)
17:45 thanks
17:46 walterbender Pro-Panda, what was your suggestion?
17:46 Pro-Panda octamois: Would you prefer to start porting fructose activities first, like Pippy and Terminal, since they will help to find potential bugs in the port of Sugar Toolkit
17:46 walterbender +1
17:46 these are the ones most closely tied to the pedagogy too...
17:47 Pro-Panda +1
17:47 walterbender has been bumping up against a number of weird bugs in Turtle with the recent builds
17:47 Pro-Panda I loved to see what was done with Telepathy in Pippy
17:47 walterbender will write up some issues
17:47 Pro-Panda Real time sharing of the activity
17:48 walterbender Pro-Panda, there was a terminal activity that also worked the same way
17:48 jaskirat will be attending Google I/O new delhi this coming week
17:48 walterbender but not many activities are synced up that way...
17:48 vipulgupta2048 walterbender, I will be too.
17:49 Pro-Panda walterbender: +1
17:49 will try to implement this in some activities
17:49 walterbender we should prob. wrap things up... we are well past our hour
17:49 thanks everyone for your updates and hard work
17:49 perrie <perrie!~perriefid@129.56.12.64> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:50 Pro-Panda walterbender: Thanks for the guidance :D
17:50 walterbender #end-meeting
17:50 meeting Meeting ended Fri May 18 17:50:14 2018 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:50 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-18T16:31:25.html
17:50 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]18-05-18T16:31:25
17:50 vipulgupta2048 I would if people would wait just for a little more time.
17:50 rdrsadhu_ thank you everyone :)
17:50 vipulgupta2048 ask*
17:50 Pro-Panda Thanks all
17:50 walterbender riyalohia, ping
17:50 vaibhavdaren thanks all :D
17:50 vaibhavdaren has quit IRC
17:51 vipulgupta2048 PyDelhi Devsprint - Who can help out in being mentors?
17:51 riyalohia walterbender, pong!
17:51 vipulgupta2048 jaskirat, octamois and other people from Delhi I am counting on you.
17:51 walterbender riyalohia, consider the following:
17:51 jaskirat vipulgupta2048: sure i would love to be on a list ..!
17:51 walterbender we are in equal temperament and A4 --> 440Hz
17:51 a-ritwik_ has quit IRC
17:52 perrie has quit IRC
17:52 walterbender as long as we are in equal temperament, it will not change
17:52 riyalohia walterbender, yes!
17:52 walterbender now, perhaps we switch to meantone
17:52 now we need to calculate a new Hertz for A4
17:53 say, it is 447..
17:53 it will stay 447 until we switch again
17:53 or change the starting note
17:53 Pratul1997 has quit IRC
17:53 walterbender so no need to calculate it each time... just when the temperament is changed
17:53 make sense?
17:53 riyalohia walterbender, got it!
17:54 walterbender so, we could create a table with an entry for each note
17:54 and if the temperament changes, we empty the table
17:54 but once we put a note in the table, we reuse it
17:55 we could either populate the whole table at once, or do it on demand
17:55 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00cc2cddc3519​93e8e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:55 unimauro o learn a lot in this channel :$
17:55 walterbender but no reason to do the calculation over and over
17:55 riyalohia So I dont have to call the function everytime the note is played ?
17:55 walterbender yes...
17:56 but first, let's ensure it is working as expected
17:56 riyalohia okay!
17:56 walterbender did you see the table of notes I added to the PR?
17:56 Can you confirm those values are what you expected?
17:56 riyalohia walterbender, I'll check.
17:57 walterbender ALso, any idea why meantone and just intonation are coming out the same?
17:57 riyalohia walterbender, for intervals like augmented and minor, they will give different frequencies.
17:59 llaske has quit IRC
18:00 walterbender riyalohia, how do I test that?
18:00 Pro-Panda has quit IRC
18:00 walterbender just the interval block?
18:00 riyalohia You can check for C# and Db.
18:01 walterbender ok
18:01 I will play with it
18:01 yashagrawal3_ has quit IRC
18:02 unimauro has quit IRC
18:02 yashagrawal3_ <yashagrawal3_!~yash@47.8.139.139> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:02 riyalohia walterbender, anything else that I need in the lookup table ?
18:02 rdrsadhu_ has quit IRC
18:04 walterbender riyalohia, nothing I can think of...
18:05 riyalohia So, shall I start with the temperament block (one which opens the widget) after confirming the designs ?
18:05 walterbender yes... you could get the basics working while we continue to debate the details
18:06 riyalohia walterbender, okay!
18:07 walterbender, I also wanted to know about the expectations of first evaluation.
18:08 yashagrawal3_ has quit IRC
18:10 walterbender riyalohia, you are on track...
18:11 riyalohia walterbender, okay :)
18:12 rishabh42 has quit IRC
18:16 riyalohia walterbender, I have matched the frequencies with table in the PR, they are working as expected.
18:18 walterbender great
18:18 will test intervals later today
18:18 riyalohia okay!
18:24 walterbender has quit IRC
18:25 riyalohia has quit IRC
18:28 divyanshu_ hey'
18:35 divyanshu_ has quit IRC
18:51 vipulgupta2048 has quit IRC
19:00 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:04 walterbender has quit IRC
19:11 Vrondir has quit IRC
19:15 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:36 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00cc2cddc3519​93e8e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:49 Vrondir has quit IRC
19:56 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:06 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:06 llaske has quit IRC
20:09 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00cc2cddc3519​93e8e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:12 walterbender has quit IRC
20:28 jaskirat has quit IRC
20:31 llaske has quit IRC
20:50 Vrondir has quit IRC
21:02 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:03 walterbender has quit IRC
21:33 Vrondir <Vrondir!~Vrondir@85.187.40.129> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:19 Vrondir has quit IRC
22:36 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00cc2cddc3519​93e8e.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:41 llaske has quit IRC
23:08 jaskirat <jaskirat!uid272023@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-leavrhotxonkygfj> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster