Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2017-12-01

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:13 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@216.126.196.39> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:22 CanoeBerry2 has quit IRC
02:22 mtd has quit IRC
02:27 mtd <mtd!~martin@dice.xades.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:43 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00cd3df93e317​d6488.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:47 llaske has quit IRC
03:43 Hrishi <Hrishi!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-dalsodzprhenswiu> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:45 satellit has quit IRC
09:49 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:880:1907::c251> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:59 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:31 llaske <llaske!~llaske@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:54 llaske has quit IRC
18:08 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:45 llaske <llaske!~llaske@LFbn-IDF1-1-77-226.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:49 walterbender hi lionel
18:50 llaske has quit IRC
18:52 sverma <sverma!~sverma@2607:fb90:8450:aa53:f1cb:a9a9:2afa:7a90> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:59 walterbender who is here from SLOB?
18:59 ignacio, sverma CanoeBerry ?
18:59 ignacio Hello
19:00 walterbender hi ignacio
19:00 ignacio was not paying attention
19:00 walterbender ignacio, it is just time to begin now
19:00 waiting for a quorum
19:02 ignacio, maybe we should make more instances of the "Make a pull request" task?
19:02 ignacio how much do we have at the moment?
19:02 aaguirre <aaguirre!be403172@gateway/web/freenode/ip.190.64.49.114> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:02 ignacio walterbender, it's already 100
19:03 aaguirre hi !!
19:03 ignacio The problem will be if we have 2 make a pull request task as beginner, students may take advantage of that
19:03 hi aaguirre
19:04 walterbender ignacio, I thought the limit was 100 instances, but it just let me make 200
19:04 so we are OK
19:04 let me ping sverma and CanoeBerry again
19:04 llaske was here a few minutes ago, but he left
19:04 sverma I'm here
19:05 walterbender just need one more for a quorum
19:05 but maybe we can start...
19:05 #start-meeting
19:05 meeting Meeting started Fri Dec  1 19:05:26 2017 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:05 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
19:05 walterbender ignacio, can you please give an update re GCI?
19:05 #topic GCI
19:06 ignacio GCI 2017 has started, and so far, I think this is our most successful year
19:06 walterbender 200 students have claimed tasks so far...
19:07 ignacio 155 tasks has been completed so far (maybe a few more)
19:07 walterbender 156 :)
19:07 ignacio I think we should make easier or more attractive tasks for student; since most of our students are doing the beginner tasks
19:08 as seen in : http://people.sugarlabs.org:50[…]17/org/sugarlabs/
19:08 walterbender Mostly beginner tasks, but some students are starting to sink their teeth into some challenging tasks
19:08 some real talent is emerging
19:08 and some great students from last year returning
19:08 ignacio We have mentors in almost every timezone
19:08 So reply time is not that long
19:08 walterbender 45 mentors
19:08 it has been a big relief to me
19:09 ignacio perhaps we should contact some mentors
19:09 walterbender ignacio, yes... I was going to send an email this weekend
19:10 https://walterbender.github.io[…]ltone.tb&run=True is a fun example of a beginner project
19:10 the student is now on to coding tasks.
19:10 any questions re GCI?
19:11 ignacio just fyi, we still can add mentors
19:11 walterbender ignacio, yes... I have 10 requests in my inbox
19:11 do you think we need more?
19:12 ignacio its always good to see more mentors
19:12 walterbender OK
19:12 I have two other topics today
19:12 both of which involve motions
19:12 ignacio Go ahead
19:12 walterbender without a quorum, we cannot vote
19:12 ignacio perhaps you should send the motions to the slobs list?
19:12 walterbender but we can have the discussion and continue by email.
19:13 #topic replacing Laura on the board
19:13 Laura Vargas has resigned her seat on the board. I think we should fill the vacancy with a temporary appointment.
19:14 Her seat was up in fall 2018.
19:14 So it would be a 9-10 month appointment.
19:14 ignacio Sounds good to me
19:14 walterbender I propose Claudia Urrea
19:14 for several reasons:
19:15 (1) she got the most votes in the last election (missing a seat on the board by just one vote)
19:15 (2) she is very experienced with Sugar and our target audience
19:15 (3) she brings academic and education experience to the mix
19:16 (4) she is a thoughtful, long-term contributor to the community
19:16 (5) and she is a very respectful colleague
19:16 Make sense?
19:16 ignacio It does for me
19:16 walterbender, did you talk to her about this seat?
19:16 walterbender I spoek with her and if we offer it, she said she would accept
19:17 sverma Yes
19:17 walterbender I'll send out a motion by email since we have no quorum today.
19:18 I am really looking forward to having Claudia join us again in this forum.
19:18 aaguirre sounds good!
19:18 walterbender Anything else on this topic?
19:18 #topic MusicBlocks workshops in Japan
19:19 Devin Ulibarri will be in Japan and while he is there, he is hoping to run some Music Blocks workshops
19:20 He has two invitatioons already.
19:20 He asked for ~$500 to cover the local travel involved (a trip to Chiba and a trip to Kyoto).
19:20 The travel to/from Japan is already paid for.
19:21 sverma Ok
19:21 walterbender I'll send an email motion with his request.
19:21 It would be part of the Trip Advisor grant, which still have a balance >> $10000
19:21 that is it for me for today.
19:22 Anyone else have any topics?
19:22 #topic odds and ends
19:22 since we last met, the new website went live
19:22 and in GCI, a number of minor improvements have been made
19:23 and Samson fixed the Google page that appears when you type Sugar Labs into browser
19:23 and a GCI student updated our wikipedia entry
19:23 progress :)
19:24 If there is nothing else, I suppose we can end early.
19:24 I can get back to GCI reviews :)
19:25 3
19:25 sverma Nothing from me
19:25 walterbender ignacio?
19:25 any community members?
19:25 ignacio 2
19:25 :P
19:25 walterbender #action walter to send two email motions
19:26 thanks everyone
19:26 sverma Thank you
19:26 walterbender #end-meeting
19:26 meeting Meeting ended Fri Dec  1 19:26:13 2017 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
19:26 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-01T19:05:26.html
19:26 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]17-12-01T19:05:26
19:26 sverma has quit IRC
19:31 aaguirre thank you Walter!
19:31 aaguirre has left #sugar-meeting
20:02 llaske <llaske!~llaske@LFbn-IDF1-1-77-226.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:04 Claudia_ Hello
20:06 llaske Hi all
20:09 Claudia_ Hello llaske
20:10 I was thinking SLOBs meeting was at 3 pm EST
20:10 llaske Really ? I think it's now
20:11 Claudia_ no.. 19:00 UTC is 2 pm EST
20:11 I just read the log...
20:13 llaske So I missed it :-(
20:15 Claudia_ yes... I saw in the log that only a few people joined...
20:21 Claudia_ has quit IRC
21:03 Hrishi has quit IRC
21:31 llaske has quit IRC
21:44 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00a1b254c67f4​46342.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:49 llaske has quit IRC
22:23 walterbender has quit IRC
22:39 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00a1b254c67f4​46342.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:43 llaske has quit IRC
22:57 llaske <llaske!~llaske@2a01cb00074daf00a1b254c67f4​46342.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:04 llaske has quit IRC
23:28 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@c-73-126-75-183.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster