Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2017-07-17

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
07:04 Hrishi <Hrishi!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-abnimuzsmmrfahly> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:59 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@27.6.236.224> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:15 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:42 Hrishi has quit IRC
12:37 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-133-213.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:01 walterbender has quit IRC
13:11 Hrishi <Hrishi!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-durjpgmknoavuxgr> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:27 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-133-213.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:29 jatindhankhar <jatindhankhar!~jatin@103.74.146.212> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:47 Tabs16 <Tabs16!uid157594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-txaaqbiunkxhwzsk> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:49 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:57 Sanjay has left #sugar-meeting
13:58 sanjay_ <sanjay_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 zeecoder <zeecoder!6ac952f7@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.201.82.247> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 pragr07 <pragr07!670ffa0b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.15.250.11> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 mohayon Hello everyone :-)
14:01 Hrishi hi
14:01 Seetarama <Seetarama!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:01 zeecoder hi
14:02 pragr07 hello
14:02 Seetarama hi everyone
14:02 jatindhankhar hello
14:03 walterbender hi everyone
14:03 sanjay_ Hello everyone
14:03 walterbender let's get started
14:03 #start-meeting
14:03 meeting Meeting started Mon Jul 17 14:03:14 2017 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:03 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:03 walterbender reverse ABC order today?
14:03 zeecoder, can you start us off please?
14:03 zeecoder sure
14:04 Last week I completed the UI of the old gtk2 version of Jigsaw puzzle. And ported all the files to Gtk3 But there are some errors.
14:05 tarunsinghal92 <tarunsinghal92!453a669c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.69.58.102.156> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:05 zeecoder I also have some doubts regarding the pixmaps and colormaps port
14:06 walterbender zeecoder, the sprites library used by turtle (and many other apps) manages pixmaps and colormaps
14:06 maybe you can learn from that code
14:06 zeecoder, did you ever submit the PR to the help activity?
14:06 for slider?
14:07 zeecoder Yes sir I submitted the pr for help activity
14:07 walterbender thx
14:07 tharangi <tharangi!~dinuka.ja@2402:4000:bbfc:3e21:e8ba:d7ab:1b75:5da6> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:07 walterbender zeecoder, what are your goals for this week?
14:08 zeecoder I've been through the sprites code. But I have to learn more about pixamps and colomaps
14:08 so I think I will try to port it first
14:09 Then I think The jigsaw puzzle port will be completed
14:09 walterbender zeecoder, when in doubt look at how other apps handle things
14:09 there may be easier approaches to what you are trying to do
14:10 zeecoder, assuming you resolve this issue, what is next in your queue?
14:10 the rest of the MamaMedia apps?
14:10 zeecoder Yes sir I will go for the MamaMedia apps.
14:11 walterbender OK. thanks
14:11 we should move on
14:11 tharangi, can you please give an update?
14:12 tharangi Added a example on Hot Cross Buns to th examples section: https://sandbox.musicblocks.ne[…]ndex.php?page=hcb
14:12 Worked on Main toolbar: https://sandbox.musicblocks.ne[…]hp?page=main_tool
14:13 walterbender tharangi, the HCB examples are very nice
14:13 tharangi I will be using FPDF pdf generator for PDF generating process. http://www.fpdf.org/
14:13 walter: thanks :)
14:13 walterbender tharangi, you seem to be pretty good at making these animations now
14:13 tharangi yeah :D
14:13 walterbender what tools to you use?
14:14 Hrishi tharangi : there is a duplicate of "Quick Start" named "Quick Start New"
14:14 tharangi https://getsharex.com/
14:14 to create GIFs
14:15 Hrishi: It is not a duplicate. It is a different one.
14:15 Hrishi contend is similar
14:16 tharangi there are some minor changes.
14:16 walterbender tharangi, what are your plans for this week?
14:17 tharangi, ^^
14:18 tharangi PDF generation completion
14:18 components, exmaples, play with MB sections completion
14:18 by next monday hopefully
14:18 walterbender tharangi, any technical roadblocks at this point or is it all content related?
14:19 tharangi walterbender:no technical roadblocks, all content related.
14:19 walterbender tharangi, also, I have a few nit-picky comments we can discuss after the meeting
14:20 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@c-71-232-12-24.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:20 tharangi BTW this is blogpost: http://dinukaasblog.blogspot.c[…]sugar-labs-4.html
14:20 walterbender some minor tweaks
14:20 pikurasa hi, sorry to be late. 5 more minutes and I will be completely ready
14:20 tharangi okay
14:20 walterbender hello daddy devin
14:20 maybe we can move on to tarunsinghal92 ?
14:20 tarunsinghal92 ok walterbender
14:21 Last week, I have worked mostly on implementing l10n.js and the dashboard supports 3 languages for now.
14:21 Secondly I have worked converting sugarizer api and dashboard into single node process so that it would be easy to install and launch on server.
14:21 Dashboard’s main page data has also been updated but I am still working on journal’s module which would take another couple of days to complete.
14:21 Here is link for the dashboard. http://35.167.50.63:8080/dashboard and blog https://github.com/tarunsingha[…]ogramming-Phase-V
14:21 zeecoder has quit IRC
14:23 pikurasa tharangi: thanks for blog. Reading that to
14:24 walterbender tarunsinghal92, it is looking good
14:24 tarunsinghal92 thanks walterbender
14:24 walterbender tarunsinghal92, out of curiosity: the three languages: EN, FR, ES?
14:24 tarunsinghal92 yes
14:24 just for now
14:24 but it can be extended further
14:24 walterbender maybe someone can add HI this summer too
14:25 tarunsinghal92 i will try to add it too :-)
14:25 walterbender just to get a non-eurocentric spin on the project
14:25 pikurasa tharangi: Please add an image or two. Thanks for the links to your code.
14:26 walterbender tarunsinghal92, what is next for this week?
14:26 tarunsinghal92 also, client app is running on http://35.167.50.63:8080/
14:26 so we can go do something there to see the changes at dashboard
14:27 for next week, complete journal and start adding analytics graphs at dashboard main landing page
14:27 walterbender groans every time he sees that ancient version of Turtle Blocks running
14:28 pikurasa reads http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]eeting/2017-07-17
14:28 walterbender how do we get an update into sugarizer?
14:28 that version is 3+ years out of date
14:28 pikurasa walterbender: maybe we need instructions on how to update
14:28 walterbender anyway, nice to see it all coming together tarunsinghal92
14:28 tarunsinghal92 thanks walterbender
14:29 walterbender Tabs16, wanna tell us about your week?
14:29 pikurasa walterbender: and maybe contact info, and maybe even something that checks to see if the code is current (if that is possible)
14:29 tharangi pikurasa: will do so
14:29 Tabs16 My last two days this week didnt go as expected
14:30 pragr07 has quit IRC
14:30 Tabs16 got stuck up in filter values updation but hopefully i will be able to fix it today
14:30 walterbender will try to help
14:30 Tabs16 rest basic Ui of filter block is done
14:31 pragr07 <pragr07!670ffa0b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.15.250.11> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:31 Tabs16 this week I will finish with S O E F components of the widget
14:31 walterbender Tabs16, you need to send me your latest basicblocks.js and logo.js too
14:31 pikurasa is finished reading. I can stay after as well to talk to tharangi
14:31 walterbender Tabs16, nice
14:31 and you and pragr07 have been able to sync up some?
14:31 Tabs16 so that it can be merged with pragr07 's code
14:31 pikurasa Tabs16: +1... eagerly awaiting
14:31 Tabs16 and we can do the testing
14:32 side by side, I will improve the UI
14:32 walterbender great
14:32 Tabs16 nitty gritties can only be caught on testing :D
14:33 walterbender any questions for Tabs?
14:33 pikurasa walterbender: Tabs16 no questions. Cannot wait to see, hear the results
14:33 :)
14:33 walterbender OK...
14:34 Seetarama, can you please give an update?
14:34 Seetarama yes walterbender
14:34 Work done this week: Since we have recently fixed on the additional content to be added, in the mean while, the whole week concentrated on improving the website in terms of responsiveness and optimization. I noted down various parts of the website which were not responsive and tried solving them one by one. Its a continous process so I will have to extend this work for the coming week too. Over the weekend, looked on how we could in
14:34 My team suggested using Mailchimp and we are also using Mailchimp service for our facebook page to handle email subscritpions.
14:35 Next week goals: 1)Integrating data analytics tool 2)Email subscribe feature addition 3)Adding content and relevant pages 4)Typography improvements 5)Responsiveness improvements 6)Opimization and testing 7)Add to documentation and code clean up
14:36 walterbender Seetarama, were you able to access the content I prepared for you?
14:36 Seetarama yes sir
14:36 walterbender great
14:36 Seetarama I read everything
14:36 great content from you sir
14:36 walterbender I can try to simplify, but let's get it in situ first
14:36 so we have more context for the editing
14:37 Seetarama ok
14:37 walterbender and maybe we can attract more learning stories from our users
14:37 pikurasa Seetarama: Just remember that when you use mailchimp, you are giving people's names and emails with a third party company. Some people may not agree with that.
14:37 walterbender pikurasa, what is the FOSS equivalent?
14:38 cristinadp <cristinadp!1806e524@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.6.229.36> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:39 Hrishi maybe read this : https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
14:39 pikurasa walterbender: It just needed to be stated. You can send up to 100 emails at a time with IceDove/ThunderBird. Mailman works for certain things.
14:39 also, WordPress has a mailing plugin. I suppose Drupal may have it as well.
14:39 walterbender pikurasa, maybe you, Seetarama and samson can discuss alternatives this week sometime
14:40 any other questions for Seetarama ?
14:40 Hrishi pikurasa : not  using wordpress here
14:40 Seetarama ok walterbender
14:40 Hrishi wordpress might have some issues with Browse activity
14:40 walterbender if anyone has any stories of Sugar in the field, would be great to add them to the website
14:41 pikurasa Hrishi: Seetarama walterbender sure.
14:41 Hrishi walterbender : the article you wrote, might add something for lesson plans too?
14:41 walterbender Hrishi, yes
14:42 we have a section for that in the new website
14:42 and we need to gather some materials from the field
14:42 Hrishi we can use those GCI lesson plans, can be found in GCI data dump
14:42 walterbender Hrishi, among others
14:43 tarunsinghal92 has quit IRC
14:46 walterbender sanjay_, can you give us an update please?
14:46 Seetarama, thanks
14:46 sanjay_ Sure.
14:47 Last week was very much progressive.
14:47 Seetarama walterbender: :)
14:47 sanjay_ I was able to make up the menu states and intro screens and more.
14:47 As you and Tony suggested I also started working on the part that will help the user to learn the math working in the background for every 'trick'.
14:47 walterbender sanjay_, nice
14:48 sanjay_ I have to write the blog for this progress along with the code and game URLs. I will update that in a day or two on the list.
14:48 walterbender I would like to see that
14:48 sanjay_, can you please be sure to include a link to your code in your blog?
14:48 I think you'll get better feedback if you do that
14:48 (and your git repo)
14:48 sanjay_ Sure. I wil do that
14:49 walterbender anything we should look at now?
14:49 sanjay_ I would like to get a feedback on the play implementation once the game is updated.
14:50 walterbender sanjay_, maybe you can let us all know when you are ready
14:50 no need to wait until next week to get feedback
14:50 any other questions for sanjay_ ?
14:50 sanjay_ Sure. I will put it on the mailing list
14:50 walterbender I think Rishabh42 is next
14:51 sanjay_ Thanks, walterbender
14:51 Rishabh42 yes walterbender
14:51 walterbender, Last week I focussed on making the physics activity work on the image, I even contacted Jonas on #packaging channel in OFTC and have been working under his guidance to package the dfsg branch into a Debian package. I also tried the other approach which was to add the package during the build process which did add it and I could see it in f3 but physics still didn't start. I also enabled the essential Debian packgaes to be included
14:51 in the build and have updated my fork with the change.
14:52 walterbender Rishabh42, I never heard back from the testers in Barcelona
14:52 I will ping them again
14:53 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay, was going to ask you about that
14:53 walterbender getting to the stage where I think having more people using this would be helpful
14:53 anyone who has access to a RPi, please help us test!!!
14:54 Rishabh42 walterbender, true that, I also wanted to clarify our priority towards future goals as phase - 2 evaluations will also begin soon
14:54 pikurasa Rishabh42: please send instructions on how to test. I have raspberry pi.
14:54 jatindhankhar I have a RPI 1, will that work ?
14:54 pikurasa my mom gave it to me
14:54 :)
14:54 Rishabh42 pikurasa, okay :), will share them in a while
14:55 walterbender Rishabh42, I think the priorities haven't changed
14:55 Rishabh42 jatindhankhar, no, it's for the pi 2 & 3
14:55 jatindhankhar Oh :(
14:55 pikurasa Rishabh42: make the instructions really, really easy
14:55 walterbender we want to offer a THIRD PARTY OPERATING SYSTEM IMAGE
14:56 which means we need to have a stable image
14:56 pikurasa Rishabh42: pretend I am like 7 years old and trying this for the first time.
14:56 walterbender and a way to maintain it
14:56 and to get included in NOOBS
14:57 Rishabh42 walterbender, there are 2 thing that have to be achieved: 1. making sure that physics works for which I'll have to work with Debian packages and everything related to that, and 2. including auto login in the image builder script. I want to know which one of the 2 should be given more priority for this evaluation?
14:57 pikurasa, okay :)
14:58 walterbender Raphaelt[m], can we make sure Turtle works too?
14:58 sorry
14:58 Rishabh42, ^^
14:58 auto complete error
14:58 Rishabh42 walterbender, it's fine :)
14:58 walterbender Rishabh42, the GTK3 version?
14:58 Rishabh42 I'll have to try that
14:59 walterbender Rishabh42, it is on the master branch of the misnamed turtleblocks-gtk2 repo
14:59 which I assume you are using in your builds?
14:59 needs to update the version number
15:00 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay, I'll check that out. the current image build doesn't have turtle installed by default
15:00 walterbender Rishabh42, it probably should as I think it would be of interest to the RPi users
15:01 some with Measure and Pippy
15:01 Raphaelt[m] :D
15:01 walterbender more important to "makers" than Physics, as fun as it is
15:01 Rishabh42 walterbender, Pippy is there, I had proposed to add turtle as a part of my stretch goals, should I focus on that first?
15:01 walterbender Rishabh42, I think so
15:02 Rishabh42 pikurasa, please go through this link: https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Debian/Raspberry_Pi
15:02 pikurasa Rishabh42: thanks
15:03 walterbender OK. we should move on
15:03 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay, should I focus on that instead of packaging physics or adding auto login this week?
15:03 walterbender Rishabh42, autologin is first
15:03 then turtle
15:03 then physics
15:04 Rishabh42 pikurasa, you're welcome. Just download the image file and flash it on an SD card
15:04 walterbender then measure
15:04 Rishabh42 walterbender, thanks for the clarification
15:04 walterbender Raphaelt[m], can you please give us an update?
15:04 apologizes the meeting is runnng so long
15:06 we seem to have lost Raphaelt[m]
15:06 pragr07, can you please give your update?
15:06 pragr07 sure
15:07 walterbender, I tried implementing the "set-volume" method as you suggested to make it specific to every synth
15:07 but it isn't working
15:08 walterbender Any idea why?
15:08 pragr07 I will mail you the exact problem i am stuck with
15:08 walterbender, no
15:08 walterbender OK
15:08 Maybe you can ask for help from the tone.js people directly
15:08 pragr07 also i will be intergrating the synth element , once Tabs16 is done with the UI part of it
15:08 walterbender, ok
15:09 walterbender pragr07, do we need to wait for the UI?
15:09 If your backend is working, we could move it to master
15:09 pragr07 not exactly
15:09 i can try making a simple block and test the code
15:09 walterbender +1
15:09 pragr07 but i thought that integrating both the codes will be a better idea
15:10 sanjay_ has quit IRC
15:10 pragr07 since at the end that is what has to be done
15:10 pikurasa pragr07: do you know how to reach the tone.js people directly?
15:10 Tabs16 maybe you can do something I did for effects pragr07
15:10 just a suggestion
15:10 pragr07 pikurasa, probably on github itself
15:10 walterbender pragr07, I think that we want the synth code to be updated regardless as your code is more functional
15:11 and we can use it independent of the widget
15:11 pragr07 i can raise an issue on their github page
15:11 pikurasa pragr07: yes
15:11 pragr07 walterbender, ok
15:11 pikurasa pragr07: I may have their email address, too, but start with GH
15:11 pragr07 Tabs16, seems to be a good idea
15:11 pikurasa, sure
15:11 walterbender pragr07, yes... I have reached out through GH in the past
15:12 pragr07 oh ok
15:13 walterbender pragr07, any other questions?
15:13 pragr07 walterbender, nothing as of now
15:15 walterbender OK. thanks
15:15 please do update your RSS feed
15:15 pragr07 walterbender, sure :)
15:15 walterbender jatindhankhar, can you please give an update?
15:16 jatindhankhar Yes sure :)
15:16 So we added a bot to communicate the status back to developer (build status)
15:16 Here is bot https://github.com/aslo-v3-bot
15:17 It' working smooth
15:17 walterbender +1
15:17 pikurasa downloads https://people.sugarlabs.org/r[…]-fix-RPi2.img.zip
15:18 walterbender jatindhankhar, thanks for sending the email out to sugar-dev too
15:18 jatindhankhar Status is updated twice when build starts and when build ends
15:18 pikurasa Rishabh42: maybe have a bit torrent as well?
15:18 jatindhankhar Example for Successful BUild - https://github.com/sugarlabs-t[…]tcomment-23072564
15:18 Example for Failed Build along with the reason - https://github.com/sugarlabs-t[…]tcomment-23072507
15:19 scg helped a lot. He pulled an all nigther to implement the model service architecture (DDD)
15:19 Icons and screenshots are there
15:19 Rishabh42 pikurasa, it was suggested to me b Quozl that I should prefer sunjammer to share my image builds over other methods
15:19 jatindhankhar Frontend demo http://aslo.jatindhankhar.in:5000/
15:20 walterbender jatindhankhar, this is really great
15:20 jatindhankhar > "jatindhankhar, thanks for sending the email out to sugar-dev too" :D
15:20 walterbender as a developer I really appreciate it
15:20 jatindhankhar :)
15:20 Awaiting for feebacks
15:20 Next on the list is testing, documentation and accessibility
15:21 Rishabh42 pikurasa, I'll add a bittorent link to that page if I create one
15:21 walterbender jatindhankhar, sound great
15:21 jatindhankhar We are even planning to expose a consumbale JSON api after the gsoc, so that anyone can make a OS specific client (low priority for now )
15:22 walterbender any questions for jatindhankhar ?
15:22 Rishabh42 walterbender, I wanted to discuss the Write issue too, please tell me when you're ready
15:22 walterbender jatindhankhar, I could see people using the API
15:22 Rishabh42, as soon as we finish here
15:22 I think we are about done
15:22 Raphaelt[m], ping
15:23 I think we have heard from everyone else
15:23 jatindhankhar I have started working on the screenshot carousel https://lh3.googleusercontent.[…]17%2B18-55-31.png
15:23 walterbender any mentor want to chime in?
15:23 jatindhankhar One thing that was difficult was the failing builds
15:24 Lots of activity don't build mainly because they don't have PO files (which we need for i18n )
15:24 Here is test org - https://github.com/sugarlabs-test
15:24 pikurasa Rishabh42: +1
15:24 jatindhankhar Activites with green tick build
15:24 walterbender jatindhankhar, we need some strategy for getting the activities in shape for the transition
15:24 pikurasa needs to go. A last minute meeting was just scheduled
15:25 walterbender maybe we schedule a sprint
15:25 pikurasa finally, we may have music blocks at YMCA Malden
15:25 jatindhankhar A solution to check for mandatory fields like license should be added to the toolkit itself
15:25 walterbender and a bunch of us update them
15:25 jatindhankhar Yes, I am in
15:25 walterbender (add PO files, screenshots, categories, etc.)
15:26 jatindhankhar, +1 to updating the toolkit. we can work on that as well in the sprint
15:26 jatindhankhar, maybe you can write up an issue in GH?
15:26 jatindhankhar Yes, it helps activites to conform to a standard. If we are updating toolkit, a pip package is must needed, so it becomes easy to setup development environment
15:26 walterbender pikurasa, let me know what happens
15:26 jatindhankhar Sure
15:26 walterbender OK
15:26 pikurasa has quit IRC
15:27 Raphaelt[m] pong
15:27 walterbender any questions for jatindhankhar ?
15:27 Raphaelt[m] Did you receive ?
15:27 walterbender Raphaelt[m], can you please give us your update
15:28 mohayon I'm seeing Raphael messages, anybody else ?
15:28 mohayon_ <mohayon_!b0435d4d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.176.67.93.77> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:29 mohayon_ Hi everyone it seems that my messages and rapahelts are not displaying
15:29 I'm using another client
15:29 Raphaelt[m] Ping ?
15:29 mohayon_ I see you Rapahel
15:29 *Raphael
15:29 raphael <raphael!564be327@gateway/web/freenode/ip.86.75.227.39> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:29 raphael ping
15:29 mohayon_ Pong
15:30 walterbender raphael, I never saw your messages
15:30 just the pong to my ping
15:30 raphael Well that weird
15:30 walterbender very weird
15:30 mohayon_ Please copy your message Raphael
15:30 walterbender are they in the log?
15:30 raphael Didn't check the log
15:30 Raphaelt[m] walterbender: did you receive my message ?
15:30 mohayon Walter do you see my messages ?
15:30 walterbender looks
15:30 mohayon_ We were using Riot.im they are bridging irc with their own protocol
15:31 It may have broken
15:31 raphael I will be quick, I update my blog with what i done loast wekk and today https://sugarizer-deployment-t[…]17/07/new-ui.html
15:31 Raphaelt[m] Ping
15:32 mohayon Test
15:32 walterbender reads
15:32 raphael And for this week I will work on the other view, to transfere it to the new UI, and do some clean code
15:32 walterbender raphael, Raphaelt[m] the log did not have your posts :P
15:33 mohayon_ My latest Ping message has been send like 5 minutes ago from Riot.im
15:33 I switched back to my old good irc client
15:33 raphael Oh, I think it's the client that i'm using, he may have broke
15:34 walterbender raphael, have you had a chance to sit down with any teacher to review your UI?
15:34 raphael No, I don't know if Lionel has show it to anyone too
15:35 But if anyone has review
15:35 walterbender raphael, I think it would be great if real users could provide feedback
15:35 Raphaelt[m] Oh, I think it's the client that i'm using, he may have broke
15:35 walterbender so let's encourage llaske[m] to find you some teters
15:36 raphael I agreed
15:36 walterbender Raphaelt[m], seems to be working now
15:36 pragr07 has quit IRC
15:36 raphael No i send this like 5min ago
15:36 :D
15:37 walterbender raphael, what are your goals for this week?
15:37 raphael walterbender: do you have any feedback ?
15:37 Change the other view, code cleaning, and re-add fonctionnality
15:38 walterbender raphael, Just the suggestion to continue to strive for simplicity
15:38 don't overengineer it with too many features
15:38 raphael I'm trying, mohayon_ give some good advice for that
15:39 walterbender is the last person to look to for such advice: look at how complicated MB has become :P
15:39 raphael :D
15:40 walterbender OK. I think we are done for today
15:40 thanks everyone
15:40 One last things: any mentors interested in the mentor summit, please contact me
15:41 #end-meeting
15:41 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jul 17 15:41:01 2017 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:41 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-17T14:03:14.html
15:41 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]17-07-17T14:03:14
15:41 raphael has quit IRC
15:42 walterbender Rishabh42, ping
15:42 Rishabh42 walterbender, pong
15:42 walterbender Rishabh42, you had a question?
15:42 tharangi has quit IRC
15:42 Rishabh42 walterbender, write also fails to start, there seems to be a problem with abiword
15:42 *sorry, it does start, but has that flicker issue
15:42 walterbender Rishabh42, that is a tough one
15:43 Rishabh42, do you have the log?
15:43 Rishabh42 walterbender, I don't have it currently, I'll post one after seeing it
15:43 walterbender Rishabh42, can you test abiword too
15:43 separate from Sugar
15:43 to see if it has any issues?
15:43 Rishabh42 walterbender, on Sugar-build or linux?
15:44 walterbender either
15:44 Rishabh42 walterbender, sure, I will
15:44 walterbender maybe launch it from the Terminal activity?
15:44 Rishabh42 walterbender, that is exactly what I was typing :)
15:44 walterbender, how can I launch activities from the terminal?
15:45 walterbender Rishabh42, Terminal is just a bash shell
15:45 Rishabh42 walterbender, I had tried an approach but it didn't execute properly
15:45 walterbender type abiword
15:45 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay
15:46 walterbender, according to my research on this topic, changing the theme of abiword and launching it from the terminal also solves the issue
15:46 cristinadp has quit IRC
15:46 mohayon_ has quit IRC
15:47 Rishabh42 this is the workaround currently
15:48 walterbender Rishabh42, can we change the theme inside Sugar?
15:48 has a vague recollection of this issue in the past
15:49 Rishabh42 walterbender, had tried that, couldn't find an option
15:49 walterbender godiard may recall
15:49 maybe send email to Sugar Devel?
15:49 Rishabh42 that's why I tried to change it and launch it simultaneously from the terminal but it didn't work
15:50 walterbender, alright, will do
15:52 walterbender, I had tried this command in Sugar's terminal on the RPi: GTK_THEME=Adwaita abiword
15:53 walterbender work OK?
15:53 Rishabh42 walterbender, didn't even execute
15:53 walterbender and without the theme?
15:54 I think you need to set the env variable separately
15:54 Rishabh42 returned an error saying that it couldn't find a package named abiword
15:54 walterbender try apt-get install abiword
15:54 Rishabh42 walterbender, +1, realised that a couple of minutes ago
15:54 walterbender, okay ^^
15:55 walterbender Rishabh42, we may have to cherry pick some packages that abiword installs
15:55 Rishabh42 walterbender, but will write start working if we install abiword with apt-get?
15:56 I mean, won't sugar treat them as 2 different packages?
15:57 walterbender no
15:57 I just want to confirm that abiword works as expected
15:57 then we can worry about write
15:58 if abiword won't work, then write is not likely to work
15:58 one step at a time
15:59 Rishabh42 walterbender, AFAIK, there is a problem with abiword and it affects other releases too
15:59 and that theme change workaround was recommended for abiword on linux
15:59 walterbender Rishabh42, then we cannot get write to work until that is resolved
16:00 Rishabh42 +1
16:00 walterbender we will just have to make note of it in the release notes
16:00 Rishabh42 walterbender, should we remove it?
16:01 walterbender Raphaelt[m], how bad is the flicker?
16:01 Rishabh42 I also tried Ooo4kids from the activities store, as a replacement for write, but even that didn't work
16:02 walterbender I think there is a simple plaintext editor
16:02 jatindhankhar has quit IRC
16:02 walterbender maybe we include that instead
16:02 Rishabh42 walterbender, only the top portion of the page flickers
16:02 walterbender Rishabh42, then let's include it with a caveat in the release notes
16:02 Rishabh42 and the flicker stops if I click on the buttons on top
16:02 walterbender annoying but not a blocker
16:03 Rishabh42 walterbender, >I think there is a simple plaintext editor, can you please tell me the name of this?
16:04 walterbender not sure. maybe edit? /me looks
16:04 Rishabh42 walterbender, >annoying but not a blocker, typing is fine though, just a bit laggy sometimes.
16:05 walterbender a quick search on activities.sugarlabs.org for edit reveals a few possibilities
16:05 you should test edit, jamedit and cedit and pick the best one
16:05 Seetarama has quit IRC
16:06 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay, thanks for the suggestion :)
16:09 walterbender, one more thing, Quozl also suggested that it would be best if the Debian team could release a package of physics with the dfsg branch, I was helping Jonas do that since he's a bit busy these days. Do you know anyone who could possibly do that?
16:10 walterbender Rishabh42, not off the top of my head
16:10 Rishabh42 I'm still in the learning phase of how packaging is done, so was a bit concerned as we're on a clock and have other goals too regarding the project
16:10 walterbender Rishabh42, better to do things correctly than quickly
16:11 Rishabh42 walterbender, yes, that's what Jonas also suggested
16:12 what concerns me is the time line
16:12 Even I want to focus on quality but it does require some time
16:23 walterbender Rishabh42, don't worry. just work hard
16:23 and document your efforts
16:24 Rishabh42 walterbender, sure, will update my blog in this week
16:24 walterbender, thanks
16:40 Raphaelt[m] has quit IRC
16:45 tharangi <tharangi!~dinuka.ja@2402:4000:bbfc:3e21:e8ba:d7ab:1b75:5da6> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:10 mohayon has quit IRC
17:11 JatinD[noreply] has quit IRC
17:12 llaske[m] has quit IRC
17:19 llaske[m] <llaske[m]!llaskematr@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-yiwirhnmhwrkwmuv> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:20 Hrishi has quit IRC
17:45 Hrishi <Hrishi!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wowzucxwdwvdbjsj> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:49 walterbender has quit IRC
17:53 JatinD[noreply] <JatinD[noreply]!jatindhank@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-gybnljoxwcdaenav> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:53 mohayon <mohayon!mohayonmat@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-iqypwsmrasegnacq> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:53 Raphaelt[m] <Raphaelt[m]!raphaeltma@gateway/shell/matrix.org/x-yyzdborrpfxvpupi> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:17 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
19:00 tharangi has quit IRC
19:43 abhijitp <abhijitp!0e8b7a72@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.114> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:00 Hrishi has quit IRC
20:01 abhijitp has quit IRC
21:44 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-133-213.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:27 Tabs16 has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster