Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2017-06-05

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:32 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-133-213.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:38 walterbender has quit IRC
07:18 tony37 <tony37!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:24 tony37 has quit IRC
10:48 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:07 HrishiP <HrishiP!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-qbcrnqbbhkidaojt> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:12 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-235-245.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:23 abhijitp <abhijitp!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:40 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:41 Sanjay has left #sugar-meeting
13:41 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:41 Sanjay has left #sugar-meeting
13:47 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@27.6.236.224> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:47 tarunsinghal92 <tarunsinghal92!67139571@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.19.149.113> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:52 walterbender hi everyone
13:52 we'll get started in about 8 minutes
13:58 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 walterbender #start-meeting
14:00 meeting Meeting started Mon Jun  5 14:00:40 2017 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:00 walterbender I hope everyone had a productive week
14:01 I've read most of the blogs and it seems to be the case
14:01 Sanjay Yes. It was a great learning!
14:01 walterbender tarunsinghal92, would you please start us off with an update?
14:01 tarunsinghal92_ <tarunsinghal92_!67139571@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.19.149.113> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:02 tarunsinghal92_ hi everyone
14:03 tarunsinghal92__ <tarunsinghal92__!~Mutter@103.19.149.113> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:03 walterbender tarunsinghal92, seems to be having connection issues.
14:03 tarunsinghal92 has quit IRC
14:03 walterbender Sanjay, please give us an update
14:04 tarunsinghal92_ yea, i am trying to rectify it through multiple clients.
14:05 Sanjay Okay. I shall give my update until u rectify, tarunsinghal92_
14:05 walterbender maybe Rishabh42 ?
14:05 Sanjay, thx
14:05 Sanjay I have started making the game screen with Phaser. I tried it on my local machine and learnt the best practises and made a skeleton based on them
14:06 walterbender Phaser has been easy to use?
14:06 Sanjay As a beginner, I updated the blog with reasons fro choosing Phaser asa game framework and also about state management that we use in Phaser for developing games
14:06 Yes. We have lots of examples to learn from and use
14:06 walterbender nice
14:06 Sanjay As committed last week, I hope to make my prototype game by June 12
14:07 And once things become familiar, I hope to progress quickly.
14:07 walterbender looking forward to seeing/playing it
14:07 the first one is always the most challenging
14:08 Sanjay Yes. Had a good time in learning things.
14:08 walterbender nice
14:08 tarunsinghal92_, are you back?
14:08 tarunsinghal92_ yes
14:09 should i start with my update?
14:09 walterbender please
14:10 tarunsinghal92_ last week, i have defined stats/events API for getting click based insight of the user for the dashboard
14:10 zeecoder <zeecoder!75dc787d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.220.120.125> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:10 tharangi <tharangi!~DinukaTha@2402:4000:bbfe:e1b8:ac93:83e0:cb3c:8c98> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:11 tarunsinghal92_ all the details about the event i have specified in the blog #2
14:11 walterbender tarunsinghal92_, I was wondering
14:11 can you make a github io page?
14:11 would make testing easier
14:11 tarunsinghal92_ for the blog?
14:12 walterbender for the website
14:12 cristinadp <cristinadp!1806e524@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.6.229.36> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:12 walterbender hi cristinadp
14:12 cristinadp hi everyone!
14:12 tarunsinghal92_ walterbender, by website you mean dashboard?
14:12 Rishabh42 hi cristinadp
14:12 walterbender tarunsinghal92_, yes
14:13 tarunsinghal92_ ok i will do that
14:13 also i have started implementation auth in API
14:13 and should be done by this week
14:14 also separated the server directory with updated structure
14:14 walterbender tarunsinghal92_, any roadblocks?
14:14 tarunsinghal92_ yea
14:14 while separating server folder
14:15 we need to sort out a solution for activities folder
14:15 which is used by both server and client
14:15 Sanjay has quit IRC
14:15 walterbender tarunsinghal92_, giving client access I imagine to be very important
14:15 tarunsinghal92_ currently we have implemented a hack but it needs to be done properly.
14:16 walterbender hopefully the hack will inform you as to what the needs are
14:16 tarunsinghal92_ walterbender , yea thats right
14:16 walterbender enpowering the client is the Sugar way :)
14:16 tarunsinghal92_ yes as soon as i am done with auth implementation, we will try to sort this issue.
14:17 walterbender +1
14:17 anything else to add?
14:17 tarunsinghal92_ yea
14:17 blog #2 has stats API structure
14:18 walterbender will take a look
14:18 tarunsinghal92_ would love to hear any feedback on it
14:18 as it can also be used to define event tracking inside a activity
14:19 walterbender tarunsinghal92_, interesting. will there be any implications for running activities stand-alone?
14:20 tarunsinghal92_, ^^ ?
14:21 well, we should move on to the next project
14:21 tharangi, ?
14:21 zeecoder Hi
14:21 tharangi Hi, here u can find the web pages
14:21 https://github.com/Tharangi/Mu[…]rManual-GSoC-2017
14:21 Rishabh42 walterbender, should I start with my update?
14:22 walterbender tharangi, a github io page for your project would be helpful too
14:22 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:22 tharangi and this is my second blog update - http://dinukaasblog.blogspot.c[…]sugar-labs-2.html
14:22 tarunsinghal <tarunsinghal!67139571@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.19.149.113> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:23 tarunsinghal92_ has quit IRC
14:23 tharangi walterbender, okay I will create a github io page too
14:23 walterbender tharangi, you just need to create a gh_pages branch
14:23 +1
14:23 tharangi, any roadblocks?
14:23 tharangi walterbender, okay. I will look into it.
14:23 pragr07 <pragr07!9d310854@gateway/web/freenode/ip.157.49.8.84> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:24 tharangi not yet :)
14:24 walterbender OK
14:24 tarunsinghal hi again, my connection broke in between
14:25 walterbender tarunsinghal, I was just asking about the implications for running activities stand alone
14:25 tarunsinghal walterbender, i hope i have answered all questions
14:25 yeah
14:25 while running standalone without net
14:26 logs/stats will be stored in localstorage and transferred when connected to net
14:26 tharangi Walterbender, for the next step of content creating I will need a lot of guidance. I will start content creating from page by page.
14:26 walterbender tharangi, I am glad to jump in the helo
14:26 and cristinadp I think will be a good resource
14:27 Rishabh42, can you begin your update?
14:27 Rishabh42 walterbender, I finally got over with my exams today, had a meeting with Quozl` in this week and we have formulated a strategy regarding the project. A couple of changes had to be made in the development environment (we're using stretch now instead of Jessie), I had to setup schroot again. I also tried to build an image with the Sucrose package included, it did find the package but failed due to dependancy issues caused by a couple of Debian pac
14:27 kages, I have identified the problems and I'm working on fixing them currently. Will also write a couple of blog posts regarding this soon
14:27 pragr07 Hi everyone
14:28 walterbender Rishabh42, sounds like great progress
14:28 tharangi Great! cristinadp, what is your github ID?
14:28 pragr07 I guess the meeting started a bit early today
14:28 walterbender pragr07, have you met cristinadp yet?
14:28 pragr07, we start at 14UTC
14:28 pragr07 no walterbender, i haven't
14:29 oh, I thought it to be 8pm IST
14:29 Sorry for the delay
14:29 cristinadp tharangi: cristinadp :)
14:29 walterbender pragr07, she is here to help with Music Blocks and JavaScript
14:29 pragr07 ok
14:29 walterbender pragr07, the other meetings are 8IST :)
14:29 cristinadp hi pragr07
14:29 Rishabh42 walterbender, I feel as if I'm pretty close to building my first image with Sucrose included :)
14:29 pragr07 hi cristinadp
14:29 walterbender Rishabh42, I am anxious to test it as soon as you have it ready :)
14:30 Rishabh42 walterbender, likewise :)
14:30 walterbender pragr07, can you fill us in on what you are working on?
14:30 JatinD[noreply] I am using Riot (instead of the local irc client with my default username) for the moment, I did a fresh install because I messed up my config (was tinkering too much with Nvidia drivers and Xorg). I worked on the backend this week. Started with Flask only, we added Redis,Celery (for background workers) and Mongo. I just had a brief chat with scg  before this meeting.  Also we tackled and discussed some design
14:30 choices and pro/cons of choices we made. Agreed on using Pep8 as the code style. Planning on to have a working prototype by the end of this month and a bare bones model by the end of this week. Planning on to implement the build pipeline by tomorrow/day after tomorrow I believe we are doing fine.  To track issues and progress we are using a mixture of Github Issues and Zenhub (thanks walter).
14:30 WIP -> https://github.com/jatindhankhar/aslo-v3 (recent changes in devel branch)
14:31 Rishabh42 walterbender, I will also make a wiki page describing ways to make my work reproducible as suggested by Quozl`
14:31 walterbender Rishabh42, +1
14:31 pragr07 walterbender, I am currently analysing the code in musicutils.js
14:31 walterbender JatinD[noreply], glad you are in a tight loop with scg
14:31 tharangi cristinadp, thanks! I added u as a collaborator to my repository.
14:32 JatinD[noreply] Sorry for interrupting in middle of conversation. I wrote my progress in advance and instead of hitting shift (to add more) I pressed enter :sweat_smile:
14:32 cristinadp tharangi: great!
14:32 pragr07 To get clear idea of the concept "synth"
14:32 walterbender JatinD[noreply], it's OK
14:33 happens
14:33 pragr07, looking forward to your cleaning up my impossibly messy code
14:33 JatinD[noreply] walterbender: :)
14:33 walterbender and getting us more quality out of tone.js
14:34 pragr07 :p
14:34 walterbender, I just had a doubt
14:34 about testing the code that I am writing
14:34 like you mentioned in the friday's meeting
14:34 walterbender pragr07, what is your doubt?
14:36 Sanjay has quit IRC
14:36 pragr07 As you said "note" object should be created.
14:36 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:36 walterbender pragr07, to replace the getnote method
14:36 which is a mess
14:37 Sanjay has quit IRC
14:37 pragr07 ok
14:37 walterbender pragr07, that is independent of cleaning up the synth code
14:38 pragr07 Can you specify what exactly
14:38 "cleaning" imply here
14:39 walterbender pragr07, here I mean looking into how we are accessing tone.js
14:39 are we using it properly?
14:40 efficiently?
14:40 pragr07 ok
14:41 walterbender pragr07, synth is at the very heart of the code so anything we do to make it more efficient will impact everything else
14:42 Tabs is not here today but blogged about her progress this past week
14:42 she added the effects she'll need for the timbre widget
14:42 that code is needing some TLC as well, pragr07
14:42 pragr07 ok walterbender
14:43 walterbender pragr07, any roadblocks cristinadp  or I can help with?
14:43 cristinadp walterbender: +1
14:44 pragr07 Walterbender, everything is fine till now <touchwood>.
14:44 walterbender pragr07, don't be shy about voicing concerns
14:44 that goes for everyone :)
14:44 mentors as well
14:45 pragr07 ok :)
14:45 walterbender who have we missed?
14:45 zeecoder, ?
14:45 update?
14:45 Raphaelt[m] Me, i can update
14:46 zeecoder yes
14:46 walterbender Raphaelt[m], we'll get to you next :P
14:46 zeecoder Gst porting is almost done
14:46 walterbender for turtle
14:46 zeecoder yes for turtle
14:46 walterbender that is great
14:46 zeecoder I'll test it today
14:47 walterbender the new gtk3 port is much more reliable than the old one
14:47 zeecoder and if it works I'll submit the whole activity tomorrow :)
14:47 walterbender zeecoder, +1
14:48 zeecoder, I will get Alan from UY (Butia team) to do some testing for us. He has written many plugins for the Gtk2 version
14:48 zeecoder Ok
14:49 walterbender zeecoder, any roadblocks for you?
14:49 zeecoder for now I'm good with the Gst porting.
14:49 walterbender great
14:50 let me know when you are ready to test
14:50 zeecoder But if i hit some roadblocks i'll mail you
14:50 sure
14:50 walterbender Raphaelt[m], your turn :) thanks for being patient
14:50 Raphaelt[m] No problem :)
14:51 So, I have made an Android App to discuss with the destkop apps, and notify the user of what going on on the device
14:51 There is a example on my blog in video
14:52 walterbender looks
14:52 Raphaelt[m] And, with the help of my mentors, I have some gradle task to create the archive where the software and the dependencies are
14:54 So right now the app, just receive some informations like the ping to see which device we have ping, but i plan to make a progress screen, error screen and maybe other
14:54 HrishiP Hello
14:55 Raphaelt[m] And when a device is connected to the computer the software we will detect it, and install the Android app if she is not installed
14:55 HrishiP late for nothing
14:56 pragr07 walterbender, I wanted to know if any meeting-logs for Wednesdays and Fridays are available?
14:56 walterbender HrishiP, there is a log is you need it
14:56 HrishiP walterbender : had Rishabh42 to be here?
14:56 Rishabh42 HrishiP, hello :P
14:56 walterbender pragr07, sorry. I only explicitly log the group meetings
14:56 Raphaelt[m], sounds like great progress
14:56 pragr07 ok walterbender
14:56 HrishiP Oh u are here. Have u discussed with walterbender today?
14:56 walterbender anything we can help with?
14:57 Raphaelt[m], ^^
14:57 zeecoder has quit IRC
14:57 Rishabh42 HrishiP, yup, please read the logs ^
14:57 Raphaelt[m] Right now, no it's going great :)
14:57 HrishiP Yes, I will :)
14:58 Rishabh42 HrishiP, I didn't discuss the Browse situation though
14:58 walterbender did everyone get a chance to report ?
14:58 tarunsinghal has quit IRC
14:58 HrishiP Rishabh42 : you should, mentors will have a clear vision them
14:58 *then
14:59 walterbender Rishabh42, feel free to discuss the Browse issue
14:59 Rishabh42 HrishiP, good you reminded me, thanks
14:59 JatinD[noreply] Do I need to report again, because what happened earlier was not reporting sensibly ,  it was mistake on my side
15:00 Rishabh42 walterbender, I had proposed to fix issue #848840 as a part of my phase-1 goals but that has already been fixed in the latest release of Browse
15:00 walterbender JatinD[noreply], I think we got the idea.
15:00 JatinD[noreply], please keep working closely with scg
15:01 Rishabh42, sounds OK so far
15:01 Rishabh42 walterbender, will that be considered for phase-1 evaluation?
15:01 walterbender Rishabh42, don't worry about that
15:01 Rishabh42 walterbender, okay, thanks :)
15:01 JatinD[noreply] walterbender: Okay, Have a good day/night
15:02 Rishabh42 walterbender, I'm mostly focusing on building the image these days
15:02 walterbender Rishabh42, you are needed in #sugar :)
15:02 someone is asking about Sugar on RPi
15:02 HrishiP Thanks walterbender
15:02 walterbender thanks everyone
15:02 have a productive week
15:02 HrishiP Who is asking walterbender
15:02 walterbender and don't forget to ask lots of questions.
15:03 Rishabh42 walterbender, yeah, I saw that :)
15:03 walterbender #end-meeting
15:03 meeting Meeting ended Mon Jun  5 15:03:19 2017 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:03 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-05T14:00:40.html
15:03 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]17-06-05T14:00:40
15:04 pragr07 has quit IRC
15:04 HrishiP Rishabh42 : who was askig? Sorry I will read logs later. :)
15:07 Rishabh42 HrishiP, the discussion is going on currently, on #sugar
15:10 abhijitp has quit IRC
15:11 cristinadp has quit IRC
15:32 Rishabh42 thanks everyone, goodbye :)
15:32 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
16:36 tharangi has quit IRC
17:56 walterbender has quit IRC
18:46 malverick <malverick!Elite19590@gateway/shell/elitebnc/x-skwkkmxhguhxrthz> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:47 HrishiP has quit IRC
22:02 malverick has left #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster