Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2017-05-29

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
06:47 HrishiP <HrishiP!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-kjxltebesjjermim> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:59 Tabs16 <Tabs16!uid157594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-bheodvijzqrpvmex> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:16 mohayon_ <mohayon_!~mohayon@176.67.93.77> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:16 HrishiP has quit IRC
11:00 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:58 Tabs16 has quit IRC
12:21 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-133-213.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:25 mohayon_ has quit IRC
12:43 HrishiP <HrishiP!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-mvbfqkwmwbgghoer> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:23 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:41 tarunsinghal92 <tarunsinghal92!67139787@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.19.151.135> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:45 jatindhankhar <jatindhankhar!~jatin@2406:e00:120:153e:5cf9:6ad0:110f:ad79> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:49 Tabs16 <Tabs16!uid157594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-tuuvfzczmkjhlfni> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:50 llaske has quit IRC
13:52 Sanjay <Sanjay!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:54 walterbender hola todos
13:55 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:55 tarunsinghal92 Hello
13:56 Sanjay Hello all
13:56 Tabs16 hi everyone
13:56 jatindhankhar hello
13:58 cristinadp <cristinadp!88b31554@gateway/web/freenode/ip.136.179.21.84> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:59 Raphaelt[m] hello
14:00 abhijitp <abhijitp!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@50-247-198-205-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@122.162.156.27> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:01 tony37 <tony37!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:01 Rishabh42 hey everyone
14:01 cristinadp hi everyone!
14:01 walterbender shall we get started?
14:01 #start-meeting
14:01 meeting Meeting started Mon May 29 14:01:50 2017 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:01 tharangi <tharangi!~DinukaTha@112.134.71.111> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:01 walterbender Welcome
14:02 Coding has begun :)
14:02 Tabs16 yeah :D
14:02 walterbender I see (read) that some of you have been updating your blogs :)
14:02 that is great
14:02 Tabs16, you want to kick things off with a quick update?
14:03 Tabs16 Okay
14:03 pikurasa https://tabs16blog.wordpress.c[…]ith-sugar-labs-2/ is Tabs16 blog, BTW
14:03 Tabs16 pikurasa:  the second blog post :)
14:03 zeecoder <zeecoder!75d4508c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.212.80.140> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:04 Tabs16 So, this week i almost completed with the effects that we needed for the widget and a rough workthrough of the  synths
14:04 walterbender Tabs16, did you see my comment on your PR from a few hours ago?
14:04 Tabs16 also wrote the second blog post
14:04 Yes just saw it now
14:05 Would be working on the code design for the custom synth
14:05 this week and some Tone.js documentation
14:06 zeecoder hi
14:06 walterbender Tabs16, as we also were discussing, defining a synth OBJ would be a useful short-term step.
14:07 Tabs16 yes, I need to get the idea right for the object
14:07 walterbender: i was wondering that we would be needing the effect for every note
14:07 don't we?
14:09 walterbender Tabs16, I think we need them selectively
14:09 Tabs16, I don't know the overhead of creating/destroying effects
14:09 would probably be good to do that only when we need to
14:09 right now, you do it for each note in the clamp
14:10 but if could be done upon entering and exiting the clamp
14:10 but we digress
14:10 let's discuss these details after the meeting
14:10 Tabs16 okay
14:10 walterbender tharangi, do you want to give an update?
14:11 HrishiP Hi
14:11 pikurasa thanks Tabs16 for all the hard work and communication
14:11 walterbender I guess she is not here...
14:11 zeecoder, how about you?
14:12 Tabs16 thanks pikurasa :)
14:12 walterbender yes, Tabs16, you are off to a good start
14:12 zeecoder I am almost done with Gtk porting of turtleart! tomorrow I'll be starting with the Gst porting
14:13 walterbender zeecoder, let's be sure to test the GTK3 bits before digging into the GST bits :)
14:14 zeecoder ok i will run it first then I'll start with the Gst
14:15 walterbender zeecoder, Turtle is about as complicated as these ports get, so I think you;ll be in great shape going forward
14:16 jatindhankhar I discussed the possible architecture of ASLOv3, so we will be following some parts of the proposal that was proposed few days ago. Backend will be in Flask and github web hooks (release event only) will be used for notifying ASLO of new release and github api to fetch/clone files. Aim is to get an early beta on Sunjammer by 12 June.
14:16 walterbender zeecoder, have you started a blog yet?
14:16 zeecoder No sir I havent started it
14:17 walterbender zeecoder, please send me the URL when you get it started
14:17 pikurasa loves the blogs
14:17 zeecoder I was concentrating on learnin about the differences in Gtk2 and Gtk3
14:17 sure I will
14:17 walterbender zeecoder, would be a good topic for your first blog post :)
14:18 jatindhankhar, best to get a few tests up and running to ensure all the parts talk to each other in a reliable, consistent way
14:18 as per scg 's email
14:18 zeecoder yeah! probably ! :)
14:20 tharangi Created a new theme, shared adding block images to a previously shared theme with pikurasa (theme 1) and explained the planned approach for web pages. pikurasa and walter: Shall I start  creating web pages with theme 1 with block images navigation as in the latest mocks? (actually already have started to code when creating the mockups). I will post  my second blog post tomorrow.
14:20 jatindhankhar walterbender yes I tested the webhooks by cloning the turtleart repo (GTK 2).
14:20 walterbender tharangi, good start
14:20 HrishiP tharangi, where can I test the themes?
14:21 walterbender jatindhankhar, great!
14:21 Sanjay My update: I have asked suggestions from Tony on using Phaser library (phaser.io) for developing the activity and he agreed for the same. So I played with the available tutorials in Phaser this week. As our recent communication, I should be having a prototype game ready by June 12 for the community to look and give suggestions.
14:21 jatindhankhar has quit IRC
14:21 HrishiP tharangi : theme 1 seems good to go
14:21 tharangi HrishiP: That is in the music blocks email thread. wait I will send to you.
14:21 jatindhankhar <jatindhankhar!~jatin@2406:e00:120:5bdd:9f25:2407:c0a3:230e> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:22 walterbender Sanjay, I am not familiar with that package
14:22 HrishiP I saw that tharangi
14:22 walterbender is it FOSS? and actively maintained?
14:22 pikurasa tharangi: please send a link to your code
14:23 tony37 Walter - yes it is FOSS
14:23 tarunsinghal92_ <tarunsinghal92_!~Mutter@103.19.151.135> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:23 Sanjay Yeah. It is also well maintained. https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser
14:23 pikurasa and if anyone knows how to set up git to fetch multiple repos on a computer, please let me know (or send a link)
14:24 walterbender Sanjay, what do we gain by using that package?
14:24 zeecoder has left #sugar-meeting
14:24 HrishiP pikurasa : at once?
14:24 Tabs16 pikurasa: you need to clone the repo
14:24 pikurasa HrishiP: yes, at once
14:24 Tabs16 on ur desktop
14:25 pikurasa HrishiP: like "computer fetch everything"
14:25 tony37 Walter It is a framework comparable to pygame
14:25 HrishiP you can try "git clone (URL)" for each
14:25 walterbender tony37, OK
14:25 Tabs16 pikurasa:  git clone url
14:26 HrishiP +1
14:26 jatindhankhar pikurasa and pipe it with parallel to speed up the process
14:26 tarunsinghal92 UPDATE: Sent a PR request for modification in unit testing, updated and finalised API routes based on discussion and now would be working on design on stats/logs Analytics API and admin/activity backend workflow.
14:26 pikurasa Tabs16: HrishiP let's talk about this on #sugar
14:26 tarunsinghal92_ has quit IRC
14:26 Tabs16 yes
14:26 walterbender Sanjay, maybe you can write a blog post about why you want to use Phaser.
14:26 Sanjay Thanks tony37
14:27 tharangi Pikurasa: okay, now I will push the code to a Git repo and send you the link.
14:27 Sanjay Sure. I will make a post on it very soon
14:27 zeecoder_ <zeecoder_!75d4508c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.212.80.140> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:27 walterbender Sanjay, thx
14:28 Sanjay Thanks, walterbender
14:28 pikurasa tharangi: thanks
14:28 walterbender tarunsinghal92, do yo have an update for us?
14:28 tarunsinghal92 UPDATE: Sent a PR request for modification in unit testing, updated and finalised API routes based on discussion and now would be working on design on stats/logs Analytics API and admin/activity backend workflow.
14:29 Blog i have written has all the details of the routes
14:29 walterbender that is a very dense update... lots to chew on
14:29 tarunsinghal92 yeah let me explain one by one
14:30 In unit test, i have added a test to check mongodb connection and made some modification in other cases as necessary
14:31 I had few discussions over the mail for structure of new api
14:31 and now we have finalized the routes
14:31 the details can be found here : https://github.com/tarunsingha[…]ty-Bonding-Period
14:32 walterbender tarunsinghal92, from the app developer POV, what do I need to worry about?
14:32 tarunsinghal92 This week i would be working on analytics API design
14:32 tony37 has quit IRC
14:32 walterbender or is all of this transparent to me?
14:32 tarunsinghal92 yes
14:32 tony37 <tony37!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:32 tarunsinghal92 it is
14:33 walterbender tarunsinghal92, is the unit testing just for Sugarizer itself, but not the apps?
14:34 tarunsinghal92 yes only for the sugarizer
14:34 zeecoder_ has quit IRC
14:34 llaske But thinking of a way to unit test activities is an interesting challenge
14:35 walterbender llaske, would be great
14:35 llaske it ask question about unit testing UI
14:35 for the moment we worked only on testing API
14:36 walterbender tarunsinghal92, thanks for the update.
14:37 tarunsinghal92 thanks, walterbender
14:37 walterbender Raphaelt[m], do you want to give an update as well?
14:37 Raphaelt[m] Yes !
14:37 tarunsinghal92 thankx llaske
14:37 Raphaelt[m] So just a reminder :
14:37 Sugarizer Deployment Tool (SDM) is a tool that allows to configure and deploy many Android devices at once with ease.
14:37 It simplifies the boring and time consuming installation of devices and keep them updated with the latest resources (sound / files / images / wifi configuration).
14:38 tarunsinghal92_ <tarunsinghal92_!~Mutter@103.19.151.135> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:38 llaske something like flashing the XO with Sugar :-)
14:39 Raphaelt[m] With my mentors we have a slack, with a channel status where github and circlci (for the test) are linked. Like thta my mentros are updated of what I'm doing/puhsing
14:39 mohayon We also have daily chats :-)
14:40 walterbender good to hear
14:40 Raphaelt[m] I 'm currently playing/testing the library that I'm gona use, especially the one with adb (Android Debug Bridge)
14:40 Tabs16 walterbender: has prachi started  with synth code?
14:40 tarunsinghal92__ <tarunsinghal92__!~Mutter@106.222.173.245> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:40 walterbender Tabs16, I didn't hear from her over the weekend.
14:41 Raphaelt[m] I'm just post an article with the list of the library, can be more in the futur
14:41 walterbender Raphaelt[m], /me would love to learn more about debugging on Android
14:41 Raphaelt[m] It's just a tool to control our device from the computer
14:41 pikurasa I sent Prachi another ping just a few minutes ago, but I am limited on how much reminding I can do
14:41 tarunsinghal92 has quit IRC
14:42 Raphaelt[m] Push file / Install APK / execute sheel cmd / and more
14:42 walterbender Raphaelt[m], sounds useful
14:42 Raphaelt[m] Very useful for this project
14:43 walterbender so everything is on track?
14:43 Raphaelt[m] So that it for the update, I will be working on test  again, and implement some function with the adb tool
14:43 walterbender thx
14:44 Rishabh42, what have you been up to?
14:44 mohayon The community period has allowed Raphael to see the challengea, setup the dev environment and the automated builds.
14:44 walterbender mohayon, +1
14:44 tarunsinghal92_ has quit IRC
14:44 Rishabh42 walterbender, my update: I had solved the issues that I was facing while trying to run the rpi23-gen-image repo
14:44 mohayon This is a very usefull period
14:44 Rishabh42 and also created an image using that repo
14:44 HrishiP Rishabh42 : did you try with sucrose then?
14:45 Rishabh42 it's working as expected on the raspberry pi
14:45 walterbender Rishabh42, nice
14:45 Rishabh42 walterbender, have to add the sucrose package in it
14:45 HrishiP Rishabh42 : The boot image didn't stuck then?
14:45 abhijitp Rishabh42: update ur blog asap :)
14:45 Rishabh42 no
14:45 walterbender Rishabh42, sounds like you are getting a decent handle on the tools you need
14:46 HrishiP walterbender : Is it good to have a meeting with James about this?
14:46 Rishabh42 yeah sure, now I can write a detailed blog as I have fixed the problems
14:46 walterbender, yes :)
14:46 walterbender HrishiP, would be great to get his feedback/advice
14:46 there is a lot of interest in Sugar on RPi
14:47 HrishiP +1
14:47 abhijitp walterbender: we need to discuss about our approach for this project with other committee members
14:47 Rishabh42 walterbender, I did get a mail from him this morning, he was saying that he was thinking of testing Ubuntu mate on the RPi
14:47 abhijitp, +1
14:47 HrishiP Rishabh42 : if you have a spare SD card, can you please try with raspbian lite (jessie) with sucrose and then using the script
14:47 it will take a day or more to get one
14:47 abhijitp i guess we could start a thread on mailing list to discuss about the project!
14:48 Rishabh42 HrishiP, sure, send me the link please
14:48 walterbender HrishiP, that is how I have tested in the past
14:48 abhijitp, +1 to a discussion thread
14:48 HrishiP Rishabh42 : http://director.downloads.rasp[…]n-jessie-lite.zip
14:49 Rishabh42 HrishiP, thank you
14:49 HrishiP Rishabh42 : This image is with least packages installed, you might need to install git too :D
14:49 Rishabh42 HrishiP, btw the image which I created for the RPi 3 was 500mb in size
14:50 HrishiP, that's not an issue, will do it
14:50 HrishiP We need to keep the size as near as SoaS
14:50 it's because schroot didn't have any additional things
14:51 Rishabh42 will have to configure that
14:52 walterbender Seetarama cannot join us today
14:52 but he is making headway on the new website design
14:52 anyone else have an update?
14:53 HrishiP walterbender : we are supposed to meet on wed for him/
14:53 walterbender Seems like everyone made good use of the "bonding" period
14:53 HrishiP +1
14:53 walterbender HrishiP, yes
14:53 Tabs16 +1
14:53 walterbender thanks everyone
14:53 Rishabh42 +1
14:53 walterbender and please do update your blogs
14:53 tony37 bye
14:53 walterbender and keep in regular contact with your mentors
14:53 pikurasa yes, thanks
14:53 tony37 has quit IRC
14:53 walterbender bye
14:53 pragr07 <pragr07!670ffa0b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.15.250.11> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:53 Tabs16 bye everyone
14:54 walterbender hi pragr07
14:54 Sanjay Thanks
14:54 Tabs16 and thanks :)
14:54 pragr07 hello
14:54 Tabs16 has quit IRC
14:54 walterbender can you give a quick update before everyone leaves :)
14:54 pikurasa hi pragr07
14:54 Rishabh42 thanks everyone :)
14:54 pragr07 has quit IRC
14:55 walterbender oops
14:55 I guess I will end the formal meeting
14:55 #end-meeting
14:55 meeting Meeting ended Mon May 29 14:55:29 2017 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
14:55 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-29T14:01:50.html
14:55 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]17-05-29T14:01:50
14:55 jatindhankhar has quit IRC
14:55 pragr07 <pragr07!670ffa0b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.15.250.11> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:56 walterbender pragr07, hi
14:56 pragr07, have you had a chance to set up a blog about your project?
14:56 Sanjay has left #sugar-meeting
14:57 pikurasa pragr07: are you there?
14:57 walterbender pikurasa, thanks for looking at Daniel Francis's project
14:57 I thought it was pretty cool the way he did it
14:57 pikurasa walterbender: np!
14:58 I like that others are using backwards
14:58 especially with bach
14:58 walterbender I need to figure out what is broken there
14:58 pikurasa There are some stories about bach, that give insight into how he thought of music
14:58 walterbender I like his use of modes too
14:59 HrishiP walterbender, last time you said something was wrong with backwards block, what was iy
14:59 walterbender pikurasa, did you ever read Godel Escher Bach?
14:59 pikurasa and being able to think of musical gestures inverted and backwards seemed to be very important to his way of understanding music
14:59 walterbender: I do not think so
14:59 walterbender pikurasa, I can lend it to you (and return your book on Temperament)
15:00 HrishiP, the backwards block was not running the code following the block
15:00 it was queuing the wrong block.
15:00 pikurasa walterbender: sounds good
15:00 pragr07 has quit IRC
15:00 tarunsinghal92__ has quit IRC
15:00 walterbender I though I fixed it, but apparently there are some corner cases where it is still queuing improperly
15:01 HrishiP I tried with a simple example, it worked fine for me, need to test more then
15:01 walterbender it is all a bit tricky, esp. the relationship between the backwards block and actions
15:02 HrishiP, I can share with you Daniel Francis's project
15:02 very cool
15:02 but also a little broken
15:02 cristinadp has quit IRC
15:02 HrishiP pikurasa, walterbender, I am still learning music (and musicblocks).  It is good
15:03 Daniel Francis is you UY friend you were talking about
15:03 ?
15:03 walterbender yes
15:03 very good programmer
15:03 even better musician
15:04 HrishiP sees it
15:04 pikurasa walterbender: BTW, I can probably go with you on your next trip to UY
15:05 Also, we need to ping your friend in Jamaica again. We had a tentative early Sept date, but I need to confirm b/c I am scheduling things around that time now.
15:05 abhijitp has quit IRC
15:07 HrishiP walterbender, really great music, it was thrilling.
15:07 It was stopping in between, seems its a MB bug
15:07 pikurasa HrishiP: yes, the performance, especially for that TB, is slow
15:07 maybe related to backwards block, but unsure
15:08 HrishiP pikurasa : we also found that it depends on how busy PC is
15:10 pikurasa "it" = MB?
15:10 HrishiP MB performance
15:10 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
15:11 pikurasa HrishiP: yes, I try to stop as many processes as possible
15:11 before using MB
15:12 HrishiP okay, TTYL, gotta go :D
15:12 pikurasa HrishiP: thanks!
15:15 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@122.162.156.27> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:18 walterbender needs to go for a bit too
15:18 pikurasa bye walterbender
15:24 llaske has quit IRC
15:27 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
15:33 pikurasa has quit IRC
16:22 tharangi has quit IRC
16:26 tharangi <tharangi!~DinukaTha@112.134.71.111> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:12 HrishiP has quit IRC
18:30 walterbender has quit IRC
19:07 Tabs16 <Tabs16!uid157594@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-wurxqpkhgfwgtoog> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:10 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@122.162.135.94> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:10 tharangi1 <tharangi1!~DinukaTha@112.134.66.133> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:11 tharangi has quit IRC
19:22 Rishabh42_ <Rishabh42_!~Rishabh42@122.162.19.161> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:26 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
19:27 tharangi1 has quit IRC
19:28 tharangi <tharangi!~DinukaTha@112.134.66.133> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:33 tharangi has quit IRC
19:36 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@122.180.238.131> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:36 Rishabh42_ has quit IRC
19:53 Rishabh42_ <Rishabh42_!~Rishabh42@182.69.46.45> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:54 Rishabh42_ has quit IRC
19:55 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
19:56 Rishabh42 <Rishabh42!~Rishabh42@182.69.46.45> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:07 Rishabh42 has quit IRC
21:50 satellit has quit IRC
22:02 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:200:94f1:7d50:2890:caf9:6e1e> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster