Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2017-04-21

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
11:00 Guest96934 <Guest96934!~osogrande@101.255.52.164> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:10 Guest96934 has quit IRC
11:11 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:24 HrishiP <HrishiP!uid200307@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fuvthllqsvpfmygn> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:11 HrishiP has quit IRC
18:33 pikurasa <pikurasa!~devin@50-247-198-205-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:50 pikurasa meeting in ten minutes, right?
18:50 meeting pikurasa: Error: "in" is not a valid command.
18:55 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-235-245.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:56 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@static-176-158-235-228.ftth.abo.bbox.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:59 walterbender hi michael
19:00 pikurasa hi walterbender
19:00 mohayon Hello Walter, hello everyone
19:00 pikurasa hi mohayon
19:00 walterbender I am not sure which mentors are here
19:00 a few said that they could not attend this meeting
19:00 a couple of things first:
19:01 we should not discuss individual students in this public channel
19:01 and
19:01 as i think everyone knows, we got 9 slots
19:01 so we need to make sure we have mentors for 9 strong proposals
19:01 pikurasa I remember that during the last meeting, we thought 7 were very strong
19:02 walterbender I am not against returning slots to Google if we don't have the right combination of students and mentors
19:02 pikurasa so, we might start with those 7 and see if there are two more we may have overlooked with our numbering system
19:02 *scoring system
19:02 walterbender pikurasa, a few things have changed... e.g., what I learned about Outreachy vs GSoC
19:03 abhijitp <abhijitp!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:03 pikurasa walterbender: please review that here
19:03 walterbender for everyone's edification: I learned that if a student has applied to both programs, then they are essentially ineligible for Outreachy.
19:03 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@AVelizy-152-1-6-29.w90-62.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:04 walterbender I had no idea of this "rule" so I steered some very strong candidates wrong by asking them to apply to both.
19:04 here is what I suggest as a process:
19:04 (1) everyone should indicate the candidates that they are willing to mentor in the spreadsheet
19:04 I already wrote in info I that was communicated to me out of band
19:04 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!a99f73a1@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiir​c.com/ip.169.159.115.161> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:05 samsongoddy helli
19:05 walterbender and made some best guesses as well
19:05 samsongoddy hello
19:05 walterbender but I undoubtedly made some mistakes
19:05 also, llaske and mohayon
19:05 pikurasa (1) we should indicate on the spreadsheet itself, right? (clarification)
19:05 walterbender I did not fill any Sugarizer students as I didn't know whom you wanted
19:05 there is a new column for Mentor
19:06 llaske Done
19:06 walterbender and I removed the Outreachy column since it is misleading
19:06 samsongoddy, did I chose the one you wanted?
19:06 llaske, thanks
19:07 mohayon Done
19:07 walterbender I need to confirm that James will mentor -- even though I don't think he will officially sign on.
19:07 llaske We've got 9
19:07 walterbender and I am certain Sam C. will help with the ASLO project
19:07 llaske, yes... i think it is a decent set of student/mentor pairings
19:08 llaske I could help Tony on Mind Map activity
19:08 walterbender me too :)
19:08 llaske Mind Math
19:08 samsongoddy yes, you did walterbender.
19:08 But i have some comments
19:08 walterbender samsongoddy, :)
19:08 samsongoddy, please
19:08 ignacio, ping
19:08 abhijitp i would like to mentor Sugar on RPi project
19:08 ignacio walterbender, pong
19:08 Hi everyone
19:08 walterbender abhijitp, please add your name
19:09 samsongoddy Love Mehta's proposal is nice but i haven't seen any demo yet
19:09 walterbender ignacio, can you help mentor gtk2?
19:09 ignacio Sure
19:09 abhijitp walterbender, done! :)
19:09 samsongoddy But P. Seetarama Raju have a working demo
19:09 https://geekrypter.github.io/s[…]sWebsiteRedesign/
19:09 walterbender samsongoddy, let's talk off channel about individiual students
19:09 ignacio However, I thought that thing wasn't going to be approved, mostly because we almost moved everything to Gtk3
19:10 samsongoddy Sure
19:10 walterbender ignacio, according to Tony there is lots more to do
19:10 ignacio, and we could also use help with the repos
19:10 ignacio Oh okay
19:10 samsongoddy ignacio, haven't seen you voting yet
19:10 ignacio Porting activités from Gtk2 to Gtk3 sounds fun
19:10 samsongoddy, where?
19:10 walterbender ignacio, we can tweak the proposal to some degree
19:10 ignacio, BTW, the copying repos from .XO is a bad idea
19:11 tony seems to have already started
19:11 ignacio I already finished but GitHub flagged my org
19:11 :P
19:11 walterbender We will need to clean up that mess
19:11 we need to preserve the git history
19:11 ignacio > http://i.imgur.com/LuAkgvX.png
19:11 walterbender both out of respect to the authors and as a matter of maintenance
19:11 samsongoddy https://docs.google.com/spread[…]Mw9oaw/edit#gid=0
19:12 walterbender ignacio, what is that screen dump?
19:12 pikurasa samsongoddy: isn't that link not to be logged??
19:12 ignacio There I already have all xo files in their repositories
19:13 But looks like creating 600 repos in less than an hour doesn't seems to be correct to GitHub :(
19:13 pikurasa ignacio: just contact them
19:13 walterbender ignacio, I think we can fix that...
19:13 pikurasa ignacio: they thought I was a robot at some point in time. I just sent a message and they fixed it.
19:13 walterbender everyone...
19:14 seems we have our matches
19:14 samsongoddy pikurasa, that is the link to the proposals
19:14 walterbender can each of you select "want to mentor" on the students you have chosen?
19:14 it is OK to have duplicates...
19:14 e.g., devin and I can co-mentor MB
19:14 lionel and michael for Sugarizer
19:14 etc.
19:15 pikurasa walterbender: proposals with our scoring system on it...
19:15 walterbender but we need at least one mentor per accepted proposal
19:16 I will make sure out choices are submitted over the weekend
19:16 pikurasa, (on the GSoC website)
19:17 pikurasa walterbender: okay, I thought the link to the google doc was not to be shared. It essentially shows our thoughts on individual students...
19:18 llaske Just seen that Love Mehta has been accepted by another organization, he can't be student for us
19:18 mohayon has quit IRC
19:19 walterbender pikurasa, only mentors have access... I hope
19:19 pikurasa walterbender: anonymous access is allowed
19:19 walterbender pikurasa, but yes... I wish the link had not been shared in a public channel :(
19:19 pikurasa FYI
19:19 walterbender pikurasa, I will delete the page after this meeting
19:20 samsongoddy sorry about that
19:20 i could have emailed it
19:20 pikurasa samsongoddy: it's okay :)
19:20 walterbender samsongoddy, please select a different Website project
19:20 pikurasa okay, moving on...
19:20 walterbender llaske, where did you learn this... we should be discrete about these conversations.
19:21 samsongoddy aside Love Mehta proposal
19:21 ?
19:22 walterbender samsongoddy, yes
19:22 samsongoddy i just did
19:23 walterbender OK
19:26 I think that Google announces 4 May
19:26 so we need to be quiet until then
19:27 pikurasa BTW, this convo is not being logged on the meeting.sugarlabs site
19:27 walterbender let's plan our first group meeting on May 8 at 13UTC
19:27 samsongoddy walterbender, have you removed Mehta's project as favourite
19:28 walterbender samsongoddy, it only matters in the GSoC site
19:28 abhijitp I may not be able to attain the meeting on 8th May for some family function, will read the logs later.
19:28 walterbender abhijitp, that is fine :)
19:30 pikurasa anything more we need to do right now?
19:30 walterbender nope
19:30 I think we are set
19:30 thanks everyone
19:31 pikurasa thank you!
19:35 samsongoddy Thanks all for coming
19:39 llaske has quit IRC
19:43 walterbender pikurasa, ping
19:46 abhijitp has quit IRC
20:31 samsongoddy has quit IRC
20:40 walterbender has quit IRC
20:56 pikurasa has left #sugar-meeting
21:43 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-235-245.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:55 walterbender has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster