Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-08-19

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:13 ignacio has quit IRC
00:13 neyder has quit IRC
00:13 kaametza has quit IRC
00:13 ajay has quit IRC
00:13 ignacio <ignacio!ignacio@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:13 neyder <neyder!neyder@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:13 ajay <ajay!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:13 kaametza <kaametza!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:14 m_anish has quit IRC
00:14 icarito has quit IRC
00:14 sridhar has quit IRC
00:14 sridhar <sridhar!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:14 m_anish <m_anish!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:17 icarito <icarito!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:26 satellit_e has quit IRC
01:34 satellit has quit IRC
01:47 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:12 satellit has quit IRC
02:25 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:09 MelissaHT has quit IRC
05:09 MelissaHT <MelissaHT!~quassel@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:10 meeting * MelissaHT-es has joined
10:58 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:12 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:56 vikram__ <vikram__!uid165104@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-xcuwaumuqwnsdshb> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@cpe-69-203-196-22.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 walterbender hello all
11:58 vikram__ hello
11:59 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@80.215.44.173> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:00 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!uid149360@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-qqbisbbdxsbugkvc> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:00 lupin <lupin!~lupin@89-92-147-163.hfc.dyn.abo.bbox.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:01 lupin is now known as Guest85550
12:02 Guest85550 is now known as lp1
12:02 hemant_kasat hi walterbender
12:03 davelab6 hi
12:03 mohayon Hi everyone
12:04 lp1 hi !
12:05 walterbender #start-meeting
12:05 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug 19 12:05:22 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:05 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:05 walterbender welcome everyone
12:05 I think this is the beginning of the end of GSoC
12:06 so we should make sure everyone is on track for wrapping things up.
12:06 vikram__, wanna start us off with an update?
12:07 vikram__ walterbender: Yeah sure
12:08 So this week i have mainly been working on implementing the Git push functionality and organising the code and code cleaning
12:08 I have completed it on the JS version of Turtle and this activity is 100% complete
12:08 I am facing some issues with TA, regarding ssh authentication in git
12:09 I am yet to look at again, will do it tonight
12:09 Other than that both the activities are complete
12:09 The only task that is left is documentation
12:09 walterbender vikram__, that is really great
12:10 vikram__, re documentation, there are two different things we need:
12:10 vikram__ I will be updating my blog with the youtube video and the necessary details soon
12:10 walterbender (1) documentation of what you did to Turtle
12:10 and (2) an overview of how others can do the same for their activities
12:10 make sense?
12:10 vikram__ Yeah, it does
12:11 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:1585:a0e5:cdf7:b5f0> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:11 vikram__ So i will make 2 different documentation, one with Turtle in mind and another with the backend api in mind
12:11 walterbender +1
12:11 pikurasa (Here now. Sorry, much running around to do, even in morning)
12:12 walterbender vikram__, looking forward to getting this all merged upstream
12:12 vikram__ walterbender: me too
12:12 walterbender the basics seem to all be there.
12:13 any questions for vikram__ ?
12:14 thanks vikram__ for the effort this summer
12:14 next, hemant_kasat ?
12:15 mohayon has quit IRC
12:15 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@193.164.156.100> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:15 vikram__ walterbender: Thanks for the chance. The pleasure is all mine :D
12:15 walterbender hemant_kasat, I just made four separate small PRs... I think you have seen two of them?
12:15 they are part of the overhaul to the Tempo widget
12:15 hemant_kasat The last widget pitchslider is complete , will do documentation
12:15 yeah saw them,
12:15 merged
12:16 walterbender hemant_kasat, can you make a PR to mastrer with the tempo widget once your merge the rest of the outstanding PRs?
12:17 hemant_kasat yeah sure !!
12:17 walterbender pikurasa, have you tested the latest pitchslider widget?
12:17 hemant_kasat, I can do a code review when it is stable,
12:17 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Did you push the latest???
12:18 I just fetched and I see commit d3b046f6e70643a54a23729cca59df2c20a6efb8
12:18 as latest...
12:18 It feels the same to me...
12:18 :p
12:18 hemant_kasat yes !! I have pushed almost a day ago
12:18 pikurasa This commit is dated August 14
12:19 hemant_kasat the commit is 38786bcec9b845492f591aa8cb184c2c616dd4c4
12:19 on Pitchslider branch
12:19 pikurasa Yes, I am on Pitchslider branch
12:20 oh!
12:20 I found it.
12:20 origin/Pitchslider for me...
12:20 hemant_kasat: Now we need a way to export to a sine block.
12:21 hemant_kasat double click on the cell exports
12:21 walterbender hemant_kasat, but is it working much better :)
12:21 hemant_kasat, double click is not very discoverable
12:21 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Ok
12:22 hemant_kasat we can chage the way we want to export
12:22 pikurasa It would be nice to have something that tells the user the double-click feature.
12:22 hemant_kasat *change
12:22 walterbender hemant_kasat, pikurasa: why not single click?
12:22 pikurasa I like the double-click IF we tell users that it is an option.
12:22 Sure. Single click is fine.
12:22 hemant_kasat ok I will change it to single click
12:23 walterbender it is more discoverable
12:23 and easier for those of us who are slow on our button presses
12:23 hemant_kasat, can you adjust the width of the widget... no need to be wider than the column.
12:23 pikurasa Yes! Single click solutions are great!
12:24 hemant_kasat: Please make the widget draggable.
12:24 walterbender hemant_kasat, have you had any luck creating SVG files for the documentation?
12:24 hemant_kasat ok !! I will make it draggable and will adjust the width
12:25 pikurasa hemant_kasat: We have a "step up" button, but we need step down too.
12:25 hemant_kasat I tried before, but was not able to form same as we have in the guide folder.
12:26 walterbender hemant_kasat, I made a series of SVGs for the rhythmruler
12:26 pikurasa hemant_kasat, walterbender: Are we going to have keyboard up/down also adjust it by steps?
12:26 walterbender the others should be similar
12:27 pikurasa, would be good... arrow keys and return
12:27 was struggling with getting the keyboard input to work in the tempo widget :P
12:28 hemant_kasat walterbender , where are the SVGs
12:28 ?
12:29 pikurasa walterbender, hemant_kasat: The only question left if you use keyboard up/down is does that affect the position of the mouse? If the mouse is inside the widget area, does it go up/down in like manner?
12:29 hemant_kasat oh sorry they are in master branch
12:29 i forgot
12:29 walterbender hemant_kasat, https://github.com/walterbende[…]guide/rhythm2.svg is an example
12:30 hemant_kasat I will try making svgs and do the documentation
12:30 walterbender pikurasa, I assume there is a way to do that with the mouse cursor
12:31 hemant_kasat, nice that we have all these new widgets... they are fun and hopefully useful and enlightening to our users
12:31 pikurasa walterbender: Sure. I do not know what the solution is. Just foreseeing something that should be thought out.
12:31 hemant_kasat: Yes, many people will enjoy making the code in a more intuitive way.
12:32 walterbender any questions/comments from anyone else for hemant_kasat ?
12:32 hemant_kasat It was great working on these widgets :)
12:32 walterbender we should move on to mohayon
12:32 I mean lp1
12:32 lp1 walterbender sure ! Thanks
12:33 The last week Michael helped me fix the issues I was having with the setting of Sugarizer as a launcher on Samsung devices, and he helped me fix a bug I had with my application list (a few system ones weren't shown), so the main features of SugarizerOS are there and working. I took some time to do a "lighter" (50Mb instead of 200Mb) of Sugarizer so I can send some APKs to my mentors very often so they
12:33 can test and send me the UI bugs if they find some. So now I'm working on making these small patches, some cache (for performance and better user interaction) and I'm adding the last features I made during the last weeks to my documentations.
12:34 walterbender lp1, great
12:34 lp1, can I convince you to add Music Blocks to the standard package :)
12:34 although it doesn't work on Andoroid, so maybe not :(
12:35 needs to dig into that
12:35 lp1 walterbender Yes that's the problem so far :(
12:35 davelab6 lp1, awesome!!!
12:36 walterbender lp1, how easy is it to set up a chromebook with Sugarizer?
12:36 lp1 walterbender I'm not exactly sure since I never tried ChromeOS, but as long as you can run a HTTP server I would say it can't be really hard
12:37 walterbender mohayon, have you tried?
12:37 mohayon There is a chrome extension on the store :)
12:38 You can also host it online or local with a http server and node for the collaboration server
12:38 walterbender so maybe we can add Music Blocks to the version in the store?
12:38 mohayon Make senses
12:39 Yes
12:39 walterbender would be great
12:39 mohayon I will talk to llaske next time to see how we can do that
12:40 walterbender thx
12:40 is adding the Sugarizer extention to Chrome now :)
12:41 it is big :)
12:41 it is an old version of Turtle
12:42 how do I update it locally?
12:43 mohayon You can't :( I'll add an issue on GitHub to pull the latest version
12:43 And rebuild the extension
12:43 And then it will auto update
12:43 walterbender mohayon, thx
12:44 mohayon, but maybe test it on Android first... I have not in a long time.
12:44 I may have broken some things in that env.
12:45 anything else for lp1 ?
12:46 mohayon Ok :)
12:46 walterbender lp1, thanks for all the great work this summer
12:46 lp1 walterbender that's all for me, I'll keep you updated if we make some new cool things on SugarizerOS ! Thank you :)
12:46 walterbender anyone else have things to add before we wrap up?
12:47 we'll be getting email updates from Abhijit
12:48 well, thanks everyone for your efforts this summer (interns and mentors both)
12:48 let's make a solid finish
12:49 looking forward to reading the final posts.
12:50 and looking at the code
12:50 #end-meeting
12:50 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug 19 12:50:07 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
12:50 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-19T12:05:22.html
12:50 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-08-19T12:05:22
12:53 mohayon has quit IRC
12:54 lp1 has quit IRC
13:05 davelab6 thanks walterbender
13:05 not sure where eli and yash are =)
13:05 davelab6 has quit IRC
13:14 pikurasa has quit IRC
14:42 hemant_kasat has quit IRC
15:20 walterbender has quit IRC
15:59 vikram__ has quit IRC
16:42 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:8962:f71c:fa84:70a9> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:37 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:57 pikurasa has quit IRC
19:15 satellit has quit IRC
19:17 walterbender has quit IRC
19:27 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:14 icarito has quit IRC
22:15 sridhar has quit IRC
22:15 m_anish has quit IRC
22:15 ignacio has quit IRC
22:15 neyder has quit IRC
22:16 ajay has quit IRC
22:16 kaametza has quit IRC
22:16 sridhar <sridhar!sridhar@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:16 neyder <neyder!neyder@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:16 m_anish <m_anish!anish@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:17 icarito <icarito!icarito@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:19 ignacio <ignacio!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:19 kaametza <kaametza!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:19 ajay <ajay!bip@2001:4830:134:7::11> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster