Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-08-05

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
02:59 cjl <cjl!~chatzilla@2601:147:8500:1d:223:69ff:fe00:2e1c> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:00 cjl has quit IRC
10:01 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-136-175.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:47 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:54 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:54 elih <elih!~elih@ool-18b9572a.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:54 AbrahmAB Hi Samtoday,
11:54 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:55 AbrahmAB samtoday: I will implement the collab for physics activity at first
11:56 lp1 <lp1!~lupin@s6p40-1-78-212-228-52.fbx.proxad.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 samtoday Hello!
11:58 walterbender hi samtoday
11:58 AbrahmAB hi samtoday
11:58 samtoday AbrahmAB: How activity specific is the collab going to be?  Shouldn't it be part of the toolkit api?
11:58 I'm pretty excited by the direction though, it is going very well!
11:58 AbrahmAB yeah! I will create a base module in toolkit
11:58 samtoday walterbender: hello! how are you?
11:58 AbrahmAB: awsome!
11:59 AbrahmAB and refactor physics collab according to the new module
11:59 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@80.215.6.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:59 samtoday awsome!  btw, how are things going?
11:59 AbrahmAB standalone testing was great.
11:59 Lets see how it goes with sugar
12:00 samtoday hopefully well, have you tested intergrating it with the Gtk+ eventloop?
12:00 AbrahmAB nope :(
12:01 walterbender lets begin the meeting
12:01 #start-meeting
12:01 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug  5 12:01:17 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:01 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!uid149360@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-sqndznqivwjvpneg> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:01 samtoday that's ok.  There is some information in the ZeroMQ faq about how to deal with event loops
12:01 walterbender AbrahmAB, do you want to continue with your update?
12:01 AbrahmAB sure!
12:01 hemant_kasat hi everyone !
12:02 AbrahmAB this week I tested standalone broadcasing feature of zeromq alongwith avahi
12:02 tony37 <tony37!~tony@tmo-098-24.customers.d1-online.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:02 AbrahmAB Now I will implement a new module for activity collab in the toolkit
12:03 walterbender AbrahmAB, nice
12:03 AbrahmAB this module will be the base module that can be implemented in activity's collabwrapper
12:03 looking forward to refactor physics activity collab at first
12:04 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:1c41:7a64:f427:ca13> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:04 walterbender +1
12:04 AbrahmAB :)
12:06 walterbender AbrahmAB, please report on the devel list the progress of your tests this week
12:06 AbrahmAB ok!
12:06 walterbender lp1, do you have an update?
12:06 lp1 Sure ! :)
12:06 samtoday AbrahmAB: you talked about not needing a port... does that mean that it runs on a default port every time?
12:07 AbrahmAB it will need ports
12:07 lp1 Last week I started to merge my changes on Lionel's sugarizer repository with the one I've made during the last months
12:07 AbrahmAB we can assign different ports for different activities
12:07 lp1 I made some improvements on the UI for the network panel, and added a new feature to ask the user if he want to set SugariserOS as default launcher during the first boot. But we've had a meeting this morning with my two mentors and decided to move this to the second boot !
12:08 So next week I'm going to keep on merging my changes with Lionel's sugarizer sources and finish the UI fixes and improvements according to their reviews :)
12:08 walterbender lp1, makes sense so as to let people experience it first
12:08 lp1 Yes exactly
12:09 samtoday AbrahmAB: Good!
12:10 AbrahmAB: hopefully, we can avoid some of the mistakes that were made in the original design - like asuming that only 1 of each activity type would be active at one time
12:10 I'm sure that you will!
12:10 Btw, did the bug that I sent make sense AbrahmAB?
12:11 AbrahmAB samtoday: re- design are you suggesting that invite_menu can have more "Invite to.."
12:12 samtoday AbrahmAB: hum, I think that we are talking about different bugs.  What are you replying to?
12:12 AbrahmAB samtoday: bug that u pointed out in mail?
12:12 walterbender lp1, what is the plan for this week?
12:13 AbrahmAB we could just first chk if buddy is list before removing
12:13 samtoday yes and no
12:13 AbrahmAB *buddy is in the list
12:13 samtoday the issue is that the code asume that avahi already de-duplicates the buddies
12:13 AbrahmAB samtoday: hmm
12:14 samtoday so Alice is using Sugar
12:14 lp1 This week I'm going to finish to merge the SugarizerOS wireless scan in the neighbourhood feature on Lionel's repository and we're going to work on the UI to make some of the features easier to use. We're going to work on the deployment and the build of the projet with Michael too
12:14 lp1 has quit IRC
12:14 samtoday she broadcasts over Avahi, which then broadcasts over all network interfaces.  Alice is now broadcast over the WiFi and Ethernet and VirtualBox connection
12:14 lp1 <lp1!~lupin@s6p40-1-78-212-228-52.fbx.proxad.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:14 walterbender mohayon, where is the deployment going to be?
12:15 lp1, ^^
12:15 samtoday Ahmed is in the neighbourhood view.  He is connected to the same WiFi and Ethernet network as Alice.  Therefore, avahi recieves Alice's broadcast twice
12:15 AbrahmAB samtoday: okay!
12:15 samtoday Avahi procedes to tell the Sugar code about 2 Ahmeds - a Ahmed (via WiFi) and Ahmed (via Ethernet).
12:16 They have the same id and metadata
12:16 lp1 The goal is to make an automatic and lighter (because so far the repository is very heavy) build for the whole projet. Michael uses a tool for that that he wants to try with me, it's working as a hook on a git repository
12:16 samtoday but we need to merge the 2 Ahmeds
12:16 AbrahmAB we could simply check is the buddy in the list or not before adding them
12:17 samtoday: can u xplain on merging two ahemds?
12:17 samtoday so on a basic level (I don't know what the code looks like now)
12:17 mohayon walterbender: Saint-Ouen, near Paris
12:18 walterbender mohayon, nice. A school?
12:18 AbrahmAB samtoday: needs to be investigated
12:18 samtoday keep a data dict that is id->dict(interface->metadata)
12:19 maybe?  That feels like a naive implimentation
12:19 mohayon Walterbender : Yes,  I think that they were using XO
12:20 Walterbender : they will have have some old samsung 10 inches tabs
12:20 AbrahmAB samtoday: y do we need to merge both Ahmeds?
12:20 walterbender really? please keep the community in the loop regarding your observations.
12:20 samtoday AbrahmAB: I suppose we don't
12:21 but we need to keep both in case we loose 1 copy and not the other
12:21 eg. Alice now unplugs the Ethernet cable.  Ahmed should still be visible - he is avaliable via WiFi
12:21 AbrahmAB samtoday: yes!
12:22 walterbender hemant_kasat, want to give us an update?
12:22 AbrahmAB samtoday: I will try to look into it
12:22 hemant_kasat yes !! , I wrote a blog post which was due since long time, here is the link https://docs.google.com/docume[…]/edit?usp=sharing
12:23 for now it is draft only, I will publish it soon
12:23 samtoday AbrahmAB: thanks!
12:24 yagarwal <yagarwal!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.21.125.79> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:24 AbrahmAB samtoday: so should I first work on the new collab module or fix the bug
12:24 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Checking it out now.
12:24 hemant_kasat pikurasa : let me know what changes needs to be done
12:24 walterbender hemant_kasat, you merged my PR?
12:25 samtoday AbrahmAB: Why don't you fix the bug first.  It should be quick.
12:25 hemant_kasat walterbender yes i merged it
12:26 walterbender hemant_kasat, there is some more cleaning up to be done but then I think it is ready for merging to master
12:26 hemant_kasat walterbender,  like ??
12:26 walterbender hemant_kasat, you can use addbutton for all the buttons
12:27 AbrahmAB_ <AbrahmAB_!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:27 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: +1
12:27 walterbender and you can use _ for the internal instance variables
12:27 and get rid of unused code/variables
12:27 and we need to come up with a new icon for play
12:27 I have some ideas
12:27 hemant_kasat walterbender, yes I will do that
12:28 yeah we need a new icon
12:28 walterbender hemant_kasat, would be good to wrap this one up and then focus on finishing the tempo widget
12:28 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
12:29 pikurasa walterbender: What are your ideas for the new icon?
12:29 hemant_kasat walterbender , yeah let me know which icon can be used, i will clean the code and will make a PR
12:30 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: I will fix the bug by this weekend and then we are good to go with activity collab.
12:30 samtoday Great!
12:30 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: anything else that I am missing??
12:30 samtoday no, it is all good!
12:30 talk to you later I suppose!
12:30 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@104.132.34.66> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:30 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: bbye
12:30 walterbender pikurasa, I was thinking of embedding the > in a mountain or valley shape depending on bottom to top to bottom or top to bottom to top
12:31 pikurasa hemant_kasat: In your blog, "The proportion is represented by the two input boxes as shown in the above figure." you should be more specific what kind of "proportion"
12:31 davelab6 hey
12:31 sorry im late
12:31 elih hey dave
12:32 pikurasa walterbender: Yes, that makes sense.
12:32 hemant_kasat pikurasa : thanks for noticing  it out, I will update that
12:32 walterbender hemant_kasat, in general, the pitch staircase is looking good.
12:33 hemant_kasat walterbender , for the tempo what other things needs to be done ?
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!0e8bee62@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.14.139.238.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Hi
12:33 pikurasa Yes, the pitch staircase is pretty close so far.
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari Sorry for being late.
12:34 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Has the timing been corrected on Tempo widget?
12:34 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari hi
12:34 walterbender hemant_kasat, I see you go rid of the check button on the pitch starcase. you are checking for change in the input now?
12:34 pikurasa Last I checked it was not accurate...
12:34 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Did you test the .xo bundle?
12:35 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari not had the chance yet
12:35 iamutkarshtiwari I was able to set up a school server for the test
12:35 hemant_kasat pikurasa , I changed some of the things, please let me know if it is still not correct
12:36 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Did you go through my 'index.html' for 'en-ck12' and 'get-books.cfg' files?
12:36 hemant_kasat walterbender , yes now the BPM is initialized with the master beats per minute value
12:36 AbrahmAB_ has quit IRC
12:36 walterbender hemant_kasat, +1
12:36 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari no chance yet
12:36 walterbender hemant_kasat, does it update the value in that block when you hit save?
12:37 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I have downloaded the 'wikipedia' files for the schools. It's 2.5Gb in size.
12:37 hemant_kasat yes thats needs to be done, i was trying that but then i switched to pitchstair case, will do it soon
12:37 pikurasa hemant_kasat: The timing is off.
12:38 60 BPM should be one second to go from left side to right side or visa versa.
12:38 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari seems about right - it was limited to fit a dvd
12:38 pikurasa Also, what is this value attached to the tempo block? (a default of "2")
12:38 What is it for?
12:39 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I am on Mac OSX so I downloaded the .dmg version of kiwix server.
12:40 hemant_kasat when i started Tempo I attached this argument, not sure why ? ,  i think there is no need for that
12:40 i will remove it
12:40 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari fine - when ready we can test against the school server
12:40 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Yes, please remove!
12:40 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
12:41 pikurasa hemant_kasat: When you work, do you make a "TO DO" list?
12:41 I think it would be helpful.
12:41 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!0e8bee62@gateway/web/cgi-irc/kiwiirc.com/ip.14.139.238.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:41 pikurasa Some of my best work is when I have a list in front of me.
12:41 hemant_kasat pikurasa: according to the implementation 60 BPM should correspond to 1 second but it is not the case , i will figure it out
12:42 pikurasa , most of the time a make a "TO DO" list
12:42 walterbender yagarwal, any update for this week?
12:42 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Yes, please check fix this.
12:42 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Sorry I got disconnected. Did I miss anything ?
12:42 hemant_kasat pikurasa , sure !!
12:42 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari no
12:42 yagarwal Yeah, here is the latest pr I've been working on https://github.com/sugarlabs/e[…]-activity/pull/88
12:43 the welcome screen is done and now I'll be finishing up the functionality issues we have reported on the repo
12:44 davelab6 walterbender: i think yash has made great progress lately :)
12:44 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: What would you suggest? I am thinking on adding that option('SchoolServer Wikipedia') in the dropdown box which contains other options like 'English wikipedia, German wikipedia, ' etc.
12:44 davelab6 walterbender: last weekend eli and i met up here in nyc and tested the .xo file he built
12:44 walterbender yagarwal, you sorted out the issue with pango?
12:45 davelab6 https://ci6.googleusercontent.[…]e1-ft#https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sugarlabs/edit-fonts-​activity/gh-pages/files/img/welcome-page.png
12:45 yagarwal not exactly, I have replaced it with the new way to import it, but in doing so I can not use the ellisize command
12:46 davelab6 elih made a mock - https://sugarlabs.github.io/ed[…]e-ux-concept.html - and yash implemented it :)
12:46 yagarwal I can't figure out how to ellipsize a label using the modern Pango lib
12:47 mohayon has quit IRC
12:47 yagarwal waltebender: but the xo works
12:47 so you can test it out
12:47 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari we will need a config option to list the avialable wikipeidias on the school server
12:48 samtoday has quit IRC
12:48 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Similar to what happens in 'GetBooks' ?
12:48 via 'get-books.cfg'
12:48 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari yes
12:49 walterbender yagarwal, I'll download your latest bits and take a look
12:50 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I havent' tried serving zim files to 'InfoSlicer' yet. Do the content look exactly the same as when fetched online?
12:50 yagarwal here is the link to the xo bundle https://github.com/sugarlabs/e[…]st/EditFonts-1.xo
12:51 tony37 iamutkarshtiwari - don't know
12:52 iamutkarshtiwari if you use the kiwix server, you should get the html page for the article
12:53 walterbender Perhaps iamutkarshtiwari should give a report
12:53 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Infoslicer helps user view 'textual'(text) and 'visual'(images) content separately from an article for a searched topic. We can drag and drop images and text separately in to our own content.
12:53 walterbender iamutkarshtiwari, please tell us about your week
12:54 iamutkarshtiwari I have tried adding offline support to the 'GetBooks' activity.
12:54 For the test purpose, I used localhost to serve the book collections and
12:55 for the book collection I downloaded the 'Rachel' and 'Gutenberg' offline sources.
12:55 Here is what it looks like -
12:55 http://imgur.com/a/833K9
12:55 http://imgur.com/a/b7vtc
12:56 walterbender iamutkarshtiwari, looks like it is working
12:57 iamutkarshtiwari Yes.
12:57 walterbender iamutkarshtiwari, any issues?
12:57 iamutkarshtiwari No issues as of now. I haven't used OPDS to get books from school servers.
12:58 Instead I used another technique to parse the index.html files of the books collections and display them in GetBooks activity.
12:59 Since the content is offline, I didn't find any need for OPDS
13:00 walterbender iamutkarshtiwari, so you have a parallel system? or one system using a local port when available?
13:01 iamutkarshtiwari The only work left is to create a script to automate the configuration of 'get-books.cfg' depending on the book collection.
13:01 tony37 walterbender localhost is used because iamutkarshtiwari does not have a school server. The intent is to access the school server to get the books
13:01 iamutkarshtiwari I have a parallel system.
13:01 lp1 has quit IRC
13:02 iamutkarshtiwari walterbender: The access urls look like https://localhost:8000/schools[…]rachel/index.html
13:02 and http://localhost:8000/schoolse[…]enberg/index.html
13:02 html*
13:02 sorry http*
13:03 But this can be test with another system over wifi and an XO.
13:04 walterbender tony37, I guess I am confused. It would seem that we want to use the same protocol whether accessing from a remote server, a school server, or local
13:05 tony37 One benefit is that GetBooks may gain the capability to access additional collections on the internet such as pustakalaya by adapting to the source's methods
13:06 walterbender tony37, but I don't see how that impacts where the data is coming from
13:06 maybe I am missing something
13:06 tony37 walterbender The data could come from http://www.rachel.org/al;sdkjfl;as or http://schoolserver/rachel/;aldkjfl
13:07 walterbender or localhost
13:07 tony37 yes, but we would need a different port. The schoolserver already has khan academy and kiwix using localhosts
13:08 walterbender tony37, I follow, but what does that have to do with the protocol for the data retrieved?
13:09 tony37 Rachel, gutenberg, and pustakalaya do not use opds protocol
13:09 walterbender tony37, OK.
13:09 tony37, I was confused
13:09 I thought iamutkarshtiwari was using a different protocol for his own convenience
13:10 tony37 It is tricky. I think InfoSlicer will pose similar problems since the schoolserver delivers this content with kiwix from zim files
13:10 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Yes. At OLE Nepal, They used simple urls like http://localhost/schoolserver/pustakalay..
13:10 tony37 and server side php code
13:12 walterbender the goal is to have both activities bring content to the Journal in similar ways and with the same results from the user's perspective
13:13 iamutkarshtiwari walterbender: The technique involved here is collection specific that is for 'Rachel' and
13:13 'Gutenberg'
13:13 tony37 Yes
13:14 walterbender tony37, iamutkarshtiwari got it. thanks fo rexplaining
13:15 anything else to report? iamutkarshtiwari  what are your plans for this coming week?
13:16 iamutkarshtiwari I am working on adding similar support to 'InfoSlicer' to download wiki content from school servers
13:17 For that I would be using kiwix server and wikipedia offline zim files for schools.
13:19 The tricky part would be testing whether
13:19 the activity is able to display the textual and visual content from the zim files onto the display area.
13:20 If not, we need to find a way to do it exactly with the offline content same to what happens when fetching content from online sources for eg. en.wikipedia.org
13:22 My overall progress can be tracked on my blog - http://iamutkarshtiwari.wordpress.com
13:23 walterbender looks
13:23 iamutkarshtiwari, did you generate the graphic on the homepage of your blog?
13:23 what tool did you use?
13:24 iamutkarshtiwari Those images were already available on wordpress.
13:25 walterbender Oh :P
13:25 anything else for today?
13:25 iamutkarshtiwari That's all.
13:26 walterbender thanks everyone for your updates
13:26 #end-meeting
13:26 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug  5 13:26:06 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
13:26 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-05T12:01:17.html
13:26 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-08-05T12:01:17
13:26 iamutkarshtiwari Bye
13:26 tony37 has quit IRC
13:26 iamutkarshtiwari has left #sugar-meeting
13:27 walterbender back in a bit
13:32 walterbender has quit IRC
14:25 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:52 hemant_kasat has quit IRC
14:56 yagarwal has quit IRC
14:59 walterbender has quit IRC
15:04 davelab6 has quit IRC
15:08 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@104.132.34.66> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:04 pikurasa has quit IRC
18:16 davelab6 has quit IRC
18:42 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@104.132.34.66> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:46 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-184-179.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:54 Ibiam <Ibiam!294f0706@gateway/web/freenode/ip.41.79.7.6> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:56 tony37 <tony37!~tony@tmo-098-67.customers.d1-online.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:59 sverma <sverma!~sverma@2602:306:ccab:6470:f1ac:d8da:f141:3e9c> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:59 walterbender hola todos
18:59 tony37 hello
18:59 sverma Hello!
19:00 walterbender ClaudiaU, ?
19:00 CanoeBerry, ?
19:01 we will not have JM or Linoel today :P
19:01 Lionel :)
19:02 as soon as CanoeBerry and or ClaudiaU arrive we can get started
19:02 Ibiam hello
19:02 walterbender tony37, thanks for the pointer re Nigeria
19:02 hi Ibiam
19:02 Ibiam hello Walter
19:03 tony37 I hope you have a chance to check this out in your visit
19:03 Ibiam what pointer is that?
19:03 walterbender tony37, I will definitely pursue it
19:04 tony37 I'll let Rudolf know
19:04 walterbender tony37, what continent are you on these days?
19:04 will you be in Africa in November?
19:05 Ibiam it'll be nice to have you around tony37
19:05 sverma I'm on the road, so I'm connecting from my phone. Apologies in advance if my connection drops.
19:05 tony37 Yes, but at the end of the month in Rwanda for workshops
19:06 walterbender tony37, maybe you can join us in Abuja?
19:06 tony37 When is that planned?
19:06 walterbender tony37, probably the 2nd (or 3rd) week of November
19:06 we need to firm up the dates
19:07 tony37 I'll return to the US Sept. 22. I need to be there for some weeks to take care of business.
19:07 samsongoddy <samsongoddy!294f0706@gateway/web/freenode/ip.41.79.7.6> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:07 samsongoddy hello people
19:07 walterbender hi samsongoddy
19:07 tony37 Abuja may be possible third or fourth week of November.
19:07 walterbender tony37, I need to be home for Thanksgiving :P
19:08 but otherwise Nov is pretty much open
19:08 samsongoddy Yeah
19:08 walterbender samsongoddy, did we confirm a date?
19:08 Ibiam yeah, but the date might be chosen to favour some persons
19:08 samsongoddy Not yet
19:09 walterbender samsongoddy, maybe we can all meet again this week to decide and get moving on next steps
19:09 Ibiam yeah
19:09 samsongoddy Yes that would be nice
19:09 Anyone wanna join us
19:09 kaametza hello all, sorry I'm late
19:09 walterbender I want to get "approval" from SLOB for the workshop today--if we have a quorum
19:09 Ibiam i don't have a system, if we are calling but if we are chatting, I'll definitely be there
19:10 walterbender Ibiam, I think we can do it with a chat
19:10 samsongoddy Yeah that's would be nicer
19:10 walterbender I am traveling again but available
19:10 Ibiam good
19:10 samsongoddy So walterbender, how many people will be coming from SL
19:10 tony37 This is late in the week, do you plan for a time next week?
19:11 walterbender samsongoddy, I still don't know about Claudia
19:11 kaametza samsongoddy,  how is the translation going?
19:11 walterbender but maybe Tony? and maybe davelab6
19:11 and me
19:11 and the Port Harcourt group
19:12 kaametza CanoeBerry, ping
19:12 Ibiam walterbender, have you talked with artemis papert and brian silverman
19:12 samsongoddy Yeah i just received the money! but it was $340 instead of $350
19:12 walterbender Ibiam, I see them tomorrow night
19:12 samsongoddy what about claudia??
19:12 walterbender samsongoddy, maybe ClaudiaU will be there... was hoping to catch her here.
19:12 Ibiam okay
19:12 samsongoddy Wow seems cooler then
19:13 walterbender we have been trouble finding a time to meet since I have had a lot of last minute travel
19:13 samsongoddy Everyone in Nigeria is set
19:13 davelab6 hi
19:13 walterbender hi davelab6
19:13 samsongoddy Hi davelab6, watching youtube videos?
19:13 walterbender we are recruting you for Turtle Art Day Abunja
19:13 Ibiam hello davelab6
19:13 walterbender Abuja
19:14 cannot type today
19:14 kaametza (just a qucik note that I also said hi all)
19:14 walterbender kaametza, hello...
19:14 kaametza hello walterbender how are u?
19:14 samsongoddy Hello, kaametza
19:14 Ibiam holla kaametza
19:14 kaametza samsongoddy, :D
19:15 walterbender I didn't hear from either ClaudiaU or CanoeBerry about today.. I assume they are going to join us.
19:15 samsongoddy I will be starting the translation project next week
19:15 kaametza Hi Ibiam hope you guys are doing well with the translations plus your own exams
19:15 samsongoddy But i was funded $340
19:15 tony37 samsongoddy have you looked at lion.activity?
19:16 davelab6 samsongoddy: what youtube videos?
19:16 walterbender: haha yes
19:16 Ibiam yeah, we're trying our best, haven't started translations though
19:16 davelab6 i need to adjust the turtleartday.org CSS for mobile
19:16 samsongoddy yeah i am going to do that this week, tony37.
19:16 kaametza why? any trouble in methodology we can help with?
19:16 davelab6 samsongoddy: so you are short US$10?
19:16 samsongoddy yeah
19:17 davelab6 samsongoddy: sounds like you paid some transfer fees
19:17 Ibiam nope, not at all
19:17 samsongoddy what means i will be recieving $3660
19:17 tony37 samsongoddy at the moment it doesn't work with sugar only the activities - need help from Chris for Sugar
19:18 Ibiam we just got the funds, so there are some purchases that needs to be made, after that we start
19:18 samsongoddy davelab6, how did it go with the google adsword
19:19 davelab6 samsongoddy: i got it
19:19 samsongoddy: but not set it up
19:19 kaametza: hello!!! :)
19:19 kaametza: how are you?
19:20 kaametza: did your house sort out the laptop troubles? :)
19:20 samsongoddy okay
19:20 kaametza doing good thx davelab6
19:20 davelab6, we are in Colobia visiting my mother :D
19:21 davelab6 kaametza: nice!! :)
19:21 walterbender always good to visit one's mother :)
19:21 kaametza kind of a vacation for the children
19:21 davelab6 cool cool
19:21 walterbender: who has ops on the channel and runs the logging bot?
19:21 Ibiam yeah
19:21 walterbender davelab6, maybe ignacio?
19:22 davelab6 ignacio: would you be interested to set up the botbot logger? https://botbot.me/request/
19:22 samsongoddy hi davelab6, did you see my alias problem?
19:22 kaametza davelab6, an all I would also apreciate any voluntary help with the 100 Challenge application...
19:22 davelab6 they have a nice irc guide too
19:22 https://botbot.me/irc-guide/
19:23 kaametza: is there a doc to review?
19:23 kaametza not yet
19:23 walterbender well... seems like we don't have a quorum for today.
19:23 icarito tony37, maybe I can help with l1on activity what do you need? there is a list of po files in our translation manual
19:24 tony37 the problem is that Sugar does not include the po files
19:24 kaametza But a first Step if for everyone involved to read the rules and guidelines - I added the links to the rules at the Titanpad.com/SLFC
19:24 walterbender I will send an email outlining what I know re Turtle Art Day Abuja, Asuncion, and Montevideo
19:24 tony37 walterbender thanks
19:25 walterbender the other thing I wanted to do today was have an "official" remembrance of Seymour Papert, who died earlier this week.
19:25 samsongoddy you guys should prepare because you all will be doing alot of Nigerian things
19:26 like dance and speaking pidgin
19:26 Ibiam right
19:26 walterbender As I think most of you know, he was one of the founders of OLPC and the inspiration of much of the pedagogy
19:26 sverma Indeed
19:27 samsongoddy RIP i was so sad about the news!
19:27 walterbender and a fun colleague for 30+ years
19:27 we used to eat worm tacos together every year on our birthdays
19:27 samsongoddy All my life was growing up about this work
19:27 walterbender (we shared a birthday week, but since he was born on Feb 29, he only had a birthday every 4 years :)
19:28 Ibiam that's nice
19:28 walterbender for some reason, we were often together in Mexico that week and it was worm season :P
19:29 davelab6 sverma: any news on the vision stuff? :)
19:30 sverma davelab6: I have some of the materials put together, but been traveling with family over the summer, so not yet ready
19:30 icarito tony37 (regarding po files), that's not a problem, check out `msgunfmt` command
19:30 tony37 This uncompiles mo files?
19:31 kaametza CanoeBerry, I would like to propose a Localization project of the "ahorcadito" a very downloaded Activity about children's rights to English and would like to know if there are funds avalilable to do so
19:31 icarito tony37, yes
19:31 tony37 great - that should solve it
19:31 kaametza aka colgadito
19:33 walterbender kaametza, CanoeBerry is not here
19:34 kaametza walterbender, Iḿ hoping he will read the backlog... :D
19:34 davelab6 sverma: sure, all good
19:34 sverma: september? :)
19:35 well
19:35 tony laid out some things to discuss
19:35 there are no motions already
19:35 kaametza any news from election committe about this year election? do we finnally have a verified members list?
19:35 davelab6 the SLOB can pass motions via email if they need to
19:36 Ibiam bye everyone, got to go
19:36 Ibiam has quit IRC
19:36 davelab6 so i suggest walterbender as chair propose a slate of topics for the next 25 mins and we run thru em :)
19:36 kaametza: who is election commitee?
19:36 walterbender davelab6, I ran through my list already
19:37 samsongoddy Samson, Caryl, Sebastian
19:37 kaametza Oficially named are Samson, Caryl and Icarito
19:37 D:
19:37 walterbender we have three opening for this year...
19:37 davelab6 walterbender: haha :)
19:37 a
19:37 a financial report can only be done by CanoeBerry
19:37 walterbender would be good to get an early strt
19:37 davelab6 a report from the Translations Community Manager, needs CJL
19:37 walterbender true
19:37 davelab6 kaametza: very well
19:38 kaametza +1 walterbender
19:38 davelab6 samsongoddy icarito what is the current state of the member list - that google spreadsheet?
19:38 kaametza +1 davelab6
19:38 walterbender davelab6, is there going to be a sprint this weekend? (Sorry that I will not be available)
19:38 icarito kaametza, no action except accepting new members
19:38 walterbender icarito, what about outreach?
19:38 kaametza thx icarito
19:38 davelab6 walterbender: elih and i are meeting each saturday more or less
19:38 walterbender: i was out for HOPE
19:39 elih: are you around tomorrow?
19:39 "providing an update on the status
19:39 of the Yoruba project."
19:39 icarito we have not contacted the membership or actively sought new membership this year
19:39 davelab6 samsongoddy said he got the 1st payment (minus $10)
19:39 "Last meeting we gave ourselves the task to appoint a Financial Manager. We need to discuss how this
19:39 is to be accomplished."
19:39 walterbender: we didnt disucss this?
19:40 walterbender davelab6, no...
19:40 I thought Adam was taking the lead
19:40 but I have not heard from him in this matter
19:40 kaametza Iḿ sure he is
19:40 davelab6 ok so
19:40 mailing list topics to be posted?
19:40 kaametza it would be nice to hear from him
19:41 icarito davelab6, "that google spreadsheet" is "every member there has ever been" - only a fraction of those replied to a currency survey but it was not used to remove members list
19:41 kaametza I did asked earlier in the meteting about funds availability
19:41 ElVerma <ElVerma!~sverma@2602:306:ccab:6470:f1ac:d8da:f141:3e9c> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:41 davelab6 1. financial report from CanoeBerry 2. translations report from CJL 3. nigeria report from CJL (?) 4. finance minister appointment procedure proposal from CanoeBerry
19:42 kaametza: i think without (1) and (2) no one can say anything about your question
19:42 kaametza +1 davelab6
19:42 davelab6 icarito: i propose that, since the last meeting passed the motion to ask members for dinero
19:42 DocVerma <DocVerma!~sverma@2607:fb90:a640:90cf:ae6d:2d72:b1a5:f2a2> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:42 kaametza just one note about (2)
19:43 davelab6 icarito: and i have a large list of everyone who ever mailed a SL mailing list
19:43 icarito: and eveyrone who every made a wiki account
19:43 icarito: and the members sheet
19:43 walterbender maybe a mass email to ask them all to update their member status?
19:43 sverma has quit IRC
19:43 kaametza I just received the initial files for the language Miksito so not sure you should limit the sence to one person only.. translations has been a team and will continue to be
19:44 davelab6 icarito: i will mail people once to ask if they want to be 'members' which means being on a sugarlabs-annouce list
19:44 icarito: that way there is no ambiguity that only paying members are members; instead members are defined as people on that mailing list
19:44 kaametza so it would be more (2) translations report from IAEP
19:45 davelab6 and we can promise not to spam annouce list more than once a month
19:45 icarito it would be good to have a system like that frankly the spreadsheet is klunky
19:45 davelab6 per calendar month
19:45 kaametza walterbender +1
19:45 ElVerma has quit IRC
19:45 davelab6 icarito: yeah the #1 purpose of the sheet is to email people
19:46 kaametza: as you know i am somewhat skeptical of diffusing responsibility to 'teams' and 'committees' :)
19:47 DocVerma has quit IRC
19:47 davelab6 kaametza: and CJL was appointed translations manager
19:47 kaametza davelab6, icarito I guess this wil all be connected to the membership fee mechanism we need to implement..
19:47 davelab6 kaametza: but yes i agree any updates to IAEP is great
19:47 kaametza: its not a membership fee
19:47 icarito davelab6, I agree with you, do you wanna be in the election & membership committee to implement that or what do you need?
19:48 davelab6 kaametza: thats what i mean; membership is defined as being on a public (moderated) list, where joining is moderated and emails to the list can only be made by authorized persons
19:48 icarito: i dont think i need anything other than to know when we need to do this by
19:48 icarito: im pretty busy wrapping up the GSOC with yash
19:48 icarito: we have 2 weeks left i think
19:49 kaametza davelab6, no rush lets just draw a time table
19:49 it needs to be aligned with the 2016 election cycle
19:49 icarito davelab6, if you want ping me when you have some time I can help you with infrastructure
19:50 kaametza mayble a SL calendar Activity LD we need
19:50 sverma <sverma!~sverma@2607:fb90:a640:90cf:ae6d:2d72:b1a5:f2a2> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:50 kaametza *:D
19:52 icarito regarding timing we're already a bit late
19:52 kaametza also would like to congratulate new gobernment in Perú who has reafirmed the local MinEdu functionaries, we hope to continue providing support for this and many other OX-OLPC countries
19:53 icarito according to https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]_assurance_policy : "In order to ensure that the Sugar Labs Membership list is reflective of the current status of the project and its participants, once a year members will be asked to confirm that they still wish to be a Sugar Labs Member. If this request bounces, or if a request has not been replied to after it has been a) resent, b) checked for a more current email
19:53 address, and c) six months have passed, the member will be sent a removal notice with an invitation to reapply."
19:55 kaametza icarito, davelab6 that means 6 months after the email you guys will be able to make the cleaning to the list
19:55 samsongoddy bye all
19:55 kaametza right?
19:55 samsongoddy has quit IRC
19:56 kaametza thx everybody for todays meeting :D thx walterbender and receive our deep condolensces for the lost of a great mind
19:57 have to go now, bye all
19:58 sverma Bye
19:59 tony37 bye
19:59 tony37 has quit IRC
20:00 sverma has quit IRC
20:01 walterbender ttyl
20:02 davelab6 icarito: thanks
20:02 kaametza: i think so
20:03 icarito: when is the election actually due to happen?
20:03 icarito: i mean, we need to know who is on the 2017 board by what date?
20:03 icarito: we can work backwards freely from there, i guess
20:05 icarito davelab6, it should happen in december
20:05 walterbender has quit IRC
20:06 icarito i need to go, ping me if I can help davelab6
20:06 bye all!
20:33 davelab6 has quit IRC
20:54 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-184-179.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:08 walterbender has quit IRC
21:13 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-108-20-184-179.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:20 walterbender has quit IRC
21:37 elih has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster