Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-07-22

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:28 walterbender has quit IRC
03:39 satellit has quit IRC
03:42 satellit_e has quit IRC
03:42 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satel@2601:602:201:9ae0:3558:7b9b:a064:f934> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:51 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:13 reubencaron_ has quit IRC
08:14 reubencaron <reubencaron!~reubencar@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:52 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-140-178.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:10 samtoday has left #sugar-meeting
10:14 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-140-178.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:42 satellit has quit IRC
10:42 satellit_e has quit IRC
10:43 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:49 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:19 vikram__ <vikram__!uid165104@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-ficinhlridhvzqth> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:33 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:44 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:52 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!uid149360@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-fsugdjspnyboqngg> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:53 hemant_kasat hi walterbender , pikurasa
11:54 walterbender hi hemant_kasat
11:55 pikurasa hi hemant_kasat walterbender
11:55 walterbender hemant_kasat, I have not looked at your new widget yet. What branch is it on?
11:56 pikurasa origin/tempo
11:56 I am looking at it now.
11:56 hemant_kasat it is not working right now , i have sent a mail regarding this, did you see the mail ??
11:56 walterbender hemant_kasat, I have a few remaining issues with the pitch staircase in the meantime
11:57 hemant_kasat, I did see, but I hadn't looked yet.
11:57 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@80.215.44.15> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 hemant_kasat yes walterbender
11:57 walterbender hemant_kasat, regarding the pitch staircase:
11:57 (1) I think you should adopt the same mechanism I used in replacing the prompt in the rhythm ruler
11:58 (2) it you put 2:3 instead of 3:2 is misbehaves
11:58 llaske_ <llaske_!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:58 walterbender (3) I think the horizontal scale should be fixed and the scrolling should be vertical instead
11:59 (4) can you do a general clean up of the code like I did to the rhythm ruler?
11:59 After those changes, I think it would be ready for a PR
12:00 pikurasa yes, that is all important stuff
12:00 walterbender hemant_kasat, it would also be good to write up some documentation for the guide like I did for the rhythm ruler.
12:00 yagarwal <yagarwal!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.21.125.79> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:00 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:00 walterbender hemant_kasat, one more thing:
12:00 hemant_kasat walterbender yes i will do this work ,  about (2) if we put 2:3 what are we supposed to do ??
12:01 AbrahmAB Hi all,
12:01 walterbender 2:3 would make a lower frequency
12:01 hi AbrahmAB
12:01 vikram__ Hi everybody
12:01 AbrahmAB Hi walter
12:01 My progress http://abrahmab.github.io/Back-to-Collab/
12:02 walterbender hemant_kasat, (5) no need to have the row height so large... you could fit a lot more with a row height === the button icon size
12:02 AbrahmAB samtoday: Hi, I have mailed you regarding the Salut-log error
12:02 hemant_kasat walterbender , if I put 2;3 I am getting a lower frequency
12:03 walterbender I would think so, by the current logic
12:03 pikurasa, ^^
12:03 pikurasa hemant_kasat, walterbender: yes
12:03 walterbender Alternatively, you could restrict the ratio, but your current code does not.
12:04 shall we get started?
12:04 #start-meeting
12:04 meeting Meeting started Fri Jul 22 12:04:15 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:04 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:04 walterbender we are already in discussion with hemant_kasat
12:04 hemant_kasat, wanna give the group a quick summary of your week?
12:05 hemant_kasat walterbender , pikurasa , so we don't want the lower frequency ?? if this is the case then I can restrict this ratio
12:06 pikurasa hemant_kasat: If I read this correctly, then I think you may be confused.
12:06 Maybe we could start with your summary of the week for the meeting?
12:06 And get back to tempo widget later?
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: Hello!
12:07 pikurasa (get back to this particular question later -- sorry sloppy langauge)
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: how is it going?  Are you digging into the log?  Is it making progress?
12:08 AbrahmAB hey samtoday, I have mailed regarding the error this morning
12:08 have u read it?
12:08 hemant_kasat I am almost done with the pitchstaircase widget, just some remaining issues as walterbender said,  I started working on Tempo widget, I have added the block for the widget, right now I am having problem with initializing the tempo  widget but I will figure out it soon and then continue working on Tempo widget
12:08 samtoday yep
12:08 AbrahmAB: but I'm not joking - I have absolutly no idea how telepathy works
12:08 you know more than me now
12:09 hemant_kasat And I will do the work on pitchstaircase widget in meantime
12:09 AbrahmAB oh!! samtoday!
12:09 walterbender samtoday, at the base level, it just sets up a socket and pushed data through it
12:09 samtoday walterbender: but then it crashes when we do what the docs say :`(
12:09 AbrahmAB but I guess we need to connect neighborhood with project for receiving msg
12:10 samtoday AbrahmAB: sorry, I don't understand?
12:10 AbrahmAB walterbender: I will pm you about our progress in collab just after the meeting but observations from Salut-log
12:11 samtoday: I think the msgs are received via the Tubes connect among buddies!
12:11 samtoday AbrahmAB: do you have it working now?
12:11 AbrahmAB the present collab code is not related to neighborhood.py in any forms
12:12 no not yet
12:12 samtoday Tubes are an alternative to the Text channels
12:12 pikurasa Thanks, hemant_kasat for the report. I suspect that there are still some things you can try with the Tempo widget code to get it working. And then Walter can help advise.
12:12 samtoday AbrahmAB: my question is - how do you feel you are progressing with the project collab?  On the scale of "crushing it" to "beating my head against a brick wall"?
12:12 walterbender pikurasa, hemant_kasat I will look right after the meeting
12:13 pikurasa Are we on a new topic now? (much chatter)
12:13 walterbender lets switch to AbrahmAB
12:13 hemant_kasat pikurasa , sure !! I will try to make tempo widget initialize !!
12:14 AbrahmAB samtoday, walterbender: telepathy log is way out my understanding for now
12:14 samtoday AbrahmAB: ok.  Maybe it would be more fun to try rewriting the sugar collab system with a more modern/well-maintained technology?
12:14 walterbender AbrahmAB, is the original colllaberation code for Physics broken or is the error due to your new approach?
12:15 samtoday, +1
12:15 AbrahmAB walterbender: Physics code is grt
12:15 samtoday: +1
12:15 we r still using tubes in activity collab! they are deprecated
12:15 samtoday so may as well port to a new maintained thing, then port to a slightly less deprecated thing!
12:16 AbrahmAB: do you want to investigate using Matrix.Org?  Or do you have any other ideas?  WebRTC?
12:16 AbrahmAB samtoday: I remember you suggesting using  Matrix.Org/WebRTC for collab
12:16 samtoday yep
12:16 from what I've read:
12:16 AbrahmAB sure. I will
12:16 samtoday * Matrix.Org is a messageing platform.  You can use it to find users on a server, etc.
12:17 - we could use that to impliment the neighbourhood view
12:17 * Matrix.Org can let you originise WebRTC channels between the clients
12:17 - we could use that for activities?
12:17 AbrahmAB samtoday: have you used it earlier?
12:17 samtoday No :P
12:18 It seems very popular at the moment - and skimming the spec online it made more sense than telepathy
12:18 AbrahmAB lets look into Matrix.org or anything better than telepathy for collab :)
12:18 walterbender mohayon, what would be compatible with Sugarizer?
12:18 samtoday (it is a http api - the main client is written in ReactJS)
12:18 AbrahmAB samtoday: ReactJS! so do I need to learn that?
12:19 samtoday No... there is a client for python too!
12:19 mohayon Today we are using a websocket for the collab part. The backend is written in nodejs
12:19 samtoday AbrahmAB: ^ maybe we use that instead?
12:19 AbrahmAB awsome!
12:19 samtoday: any references you are having right now for matrix.org?
12:20 samtoday no, just read the site and looked at it :)  I think that matrix.org is a good starting point though
12:20 https://matrix.org
12:20 mohayon: what is the functionality of the collab part?  Does it impliment a neighbourhood view?  Does it impliment activity collab?
12:21 AbrahmAB samtoday: do we need to discuss with other member on refactoring the collab sys
12:22 samtoday I don't think so?
12:22 mohayon The collab server allows you to publish journal entries on the server.  You can see other people and their running app.  There are some activity collabs like paint and memorize
12:22 samtoday We should probably research and post on sugar-devel?
12:22 AbrahmAB: does that sound ok?
12:23 mohayon Theres a running version on server.sugarizer.org
12:25 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
12:26 walterbender mohayon, is it using an off-the-shelf framework or something you guys built from scratch?
12:27 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:27 AbrahmAB sorry for the disconnection :(
12:27 mohayon Llaske built it using a micro framework for websocket. There's no specific lib requirements
12:27 walterbender mohayon, that matches my recollection
12:28 AbrahmAB, worthwhile taking a look at what they did in Sugarizer too
12:28 AbrahmAB walterbender: saur
12:28 sure*
12:30 samtoday Ok, so we can research and talk on sugar-devel?  Is that good?
12:30 I'm pretty excited about this new compression algorithm
12:30 *collab system
12:30 walterbender +1
12:30 AbrahmAB_ <AbrahmAB_!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:30 samtoday alright, ttyl!
12:31 AbrahmAB_ yes samtoday :)
12:31 samtoday has quit IRC
12:31 walterbender who is next?
12:31 yagarwal I can go
12:31 walterbender please
12:32 yagarwal this week I  released the alpha version of my activity .xo
12:32 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
12:33 AbrahmAB_ is now known as AbrahmAB
12:34 yagarwal I am currently working on solving issues in it that will allow us to complete the basic user story Dave mentioned for a font design project
12:35 I am stuck on one problem, how can a widget be updated(a drawing area be redrawn) when an global variable changes it's value
12:36 I know it's pretty basic, but still the notify event doesn't run on variable change, also the variable is an object of another class
12:37 walterbender yagarwal, how do you know the variable has changed?
12:37 can you "watch" it and trigger an update?
12:38 yagarwal I can set a counter for it, eg. dirty = True means it's changed
12:38 walterbender : what do you mean by "watch"?
12:40 walterbender yagarwal, /me tries to recall an example from Sugar
12:40 yagarwal, I'll get back to you with an example
12:41 yagarwal walterbender: thanks
12:41 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satel@2601:602:201:9ae0:a824:45c2:a630:8329> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:44 walterbender anyone else today?
12:44 llaske_ has quit IRC
12:45 mohayon Yes, I'll talk for Jeremie
12:45 He's at a job interview
12:46 So we have all thz major tasks working. Switching to sugarizer as a launcher, seeing and launching android apps
12:46 He has improved perfs and fixed some bugs
12:47 Next thing is to polish the ui :)
12:48 walterbender sounds great
12:48 eli_h <eli_h!~elih@ool-18b9572a.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:49 yagarwal Hi Eli
12:49 eli_h hey :-)
12:49 walterbender hi eli_h
12:53 llaske_ <llaske_!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:53 llaske_ is now known as llaske
12:54 davelab6 <davelab6!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:54 davelab6 hey sorry i am late :)
12:56 yagarwal hi davelab6
12:57 davelab6 just reading the logs :)
12:57 http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]6-07-22#i_2877640
12:57 'how can a widget be updated(a drawing area be redrawn) when an global variable changes it's value'
12:57 eli_h reads logs
12:57 davelab6 defcon uses the observer pattern
12:57 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_pattern
12:58 http://ts-defcon.readthedocs.i[…]otifications.html
12:58 yagarwal Yeah, but I'm not able to use that, I have been trying this from the starting on the week
12:59 davelab6 if you dont send daily updates with questions, we cant answer them :)
12:59 yagarwal now I have wrapped that defcon variable inside a GObject class and I'm trying to use the notify event
12:59 davelab6 ok
12:59 which file is this in?
13:00 yagarwal not updated the code yet, I'll push the changes in little while
13:00 davelab6 ok :)
13:01 yagarwal also I forgot to mention, in the current .xo if you right click on the glyph the pentool will be activated
13:01 and you can draw contours with lines
13:06 walterbender yagarwal, I'll take a look as well once you push those changes
13:06 yagarwal ok
13:08 yagarwal has quit IRC
13:10 davelab6 walterbender: thoughts on aug 6/7 weekend?
13:13 walterbender davelab6, I am still working on it. I am not around on the 7th :P
13:18 davelab6 OK :)
13:18 when will you know? :)
13:18 pikurasa has quit IRC
13:22 walterbender davelab6, hopeflly end of the day today.
13:23 AbrahmAB_ <AbrahmAB_!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:25 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
13:35 walterbender oh
13:35 #end-meeting
13:35 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jul 22 13:35:55 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
13:35 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-22T12:04:15.html
13:35 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-07-22T12:04:15
13:38 davelab6 walterbender: okay awesome! thanks! :)
13:38 mohayon has quit IRC
13:39 walterbender davelab6, Samson says you want to go to TA Day in Nigeria?
13:41 davelab6 i will have my us residency sorted by then
13:41 so i can travel
13:41 i am booked to speak at an event in france 16-19th november
13:44 llaske has quit IRC
13:51 walterbender I don't know the exact dates yet for the event
13:51 but airfrance has good fares to Abuja
14:12 eli_h has quit IRC
14:15 AbrahmAB_ has quit IRC
15:08 vikram__ has quit IRC
15:12 hemant_kasat has quit IRC
15:22 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:44 walterbender has quit IRC
15:59 pikurasa has quit IRC
16:18 satellit_ <satellit_!~satel@2601:602:201:9ae0:a824:45c2:a630:8329> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 satellit_e has quit IRC
16:24 satellit_ is now known as satellit_e
16:54 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:57 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:01 davelab6 has quit IRC
19:30 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:32 pikurasa has quit IRC
19:55 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:38 satellit_e has quit IRC
21:11 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satel@2601:602:201:9ae0:a824:45c2:a630:8329> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:35 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-140-178.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:58 samtoday has quit IRC
22:07 pikurasa has quit IRC
22:07 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:1108:a820:712f:7584> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:19 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-140-178.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:52 satellit_e has quit IRC
23:15 pikurasa has quit IRC
23:16 pikurasa1 <pikurasa1!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81b7:6e91:21b3:5b8b> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:18 pikurasa1 is now known as pikurasa
23:33 pikurasa has quit IRC
23:52 samtoday has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster