Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-06-24

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:36 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:81c3:bbfb:424b:a9da> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:16 pikurasa has quit IRC
10:37 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-158-139.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:37 samtoday is now known as samtoday_
10:51 elih <elih!~elih@ool-18b9572a.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:55 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:12 samtoday_ has quit IRC
11:13 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-158-139.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:13 samtoday is now known as samtoday_
11:14 samtoday_ is now known as samtoday
11:39 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!0e8bee62@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:45 satellit has quit IRC
11:45 satellit_e has quit IRC
11:45 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:e370:8dbb:edd2:1dd3> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:45 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:53 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
11:54 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@cpe-69-203-196-22.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:54 davelab6 elih: sorry i gotta take the subway now
11:54 ill be back online in ~30
11:55 tony37 <tony37!~tony@> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:55 elih no prob :)
11:57 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:58 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!uid149360@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-bthgtiwoduyuwwln> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:01 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!0e8bee62@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:01 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Hello
12:02 tony37 Hi
12:02 vikram_ <vikram_!uid165104@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-spaytiwdruwjwndl> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:02 iamutkarshtiwari I read your mail.
12:02 I had already tested the version before forward and the 'open' feature
12:02 was working fine at my end.
12:02 tony37 What did you open?
12:03 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Icedove@2601:184:4200:2904:f530:467b:4e1f:e4d5> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:03 iamutkarshtiwari The already saved project.
12:03 davelab6 has quit IRC
12:03 tony37 Sadly, it doesn't work for me
12:03 iamutkarshtiwari What was the exacty issue?
12:04 The open option had been working stable since a long time.
12:04 tony37 The zip was saved correctly. However, the index.html was not displayed. Instead the empty template
12:05 Since the template has no title element, the text goes is show in the tab
12:05 iamutkarshtiwari In source view?
12:05 hemant_kasat hello everyone
12:05 tony37 When I opened, source view showed the empty template
12:05 iamutkarshtiwari Did the html/css and js part load properly in their respective boxes ?
12:05 in the webconsole*
12:06 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:06 tony37 No - since it was the empty template - nothing showed in any of the boxes
12:06 hemant_kasat hi pikurasa
12:06 pikurasa hi hemant_kasat
12:06 iamutkarshtiwari Did you do any changes to the zip after save?
12:06 hemant_kasat i just pushed a commit after doing parsing rhythmruler block
12:07 pikurasa , I have made so many changes for this so let me know if any bugs  have come up ??
12:07 AbrahmAB Hi samtoday
12:07 tony37 No - the zip was made correctly including the png file. The open opened the zip in 'instance/Web_console_files' correctly. It just didn't get displayed
12:07 samtoday AbrahmAB: hey, how are you?
12:07 AbrahmAB I am gr8 wbu?
12:07 iamutkarshtiwari oh... that's unexpected.
12:07 samtoday yeah, good thx
12:08 AbrahmAB samtoday: I have replied to ur comment plz havea look
12:08 **have a
12:08 iamutkarshtiwari The 'open' feature has been working since a long time, I didn't do any modifications to the 'open file' code. It's strange.
12:09 samtoday AbrahmAB: awsome, did you push a new commit?  I was getting an error that the `hid` attribute did not exsist.
12:09 tony37 I sent you my sample text. Try it on your system to see if you get the same results
12:09 iamutkarshtiwari Yes. I will.
12:09 samtoday (on the latest version of your sugar{,-toolkit-gtk3,-datastore} branches
12:09 iamutkarshtiwari Apart from that, did you face any issues?
12:09 AbrahmAB samtoday: try my latest commit it has resolved that bug :)
12:10 iamutkarshtiwari How was the toggle ?
12:10 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Sure. I noticed that when you close the Rhythm widget, the sound keeps playing and there seems to be no way to turn it off. I think that when you close the widget, that the sound should stop.
12:10 tony37 It works - but it doesn't belong in the iframe. I'm working on it.
12:10 samtoday AbrahmAB: did you push it?  Anyway, I will test it v soon, but it will create many merge conflicts with my collab wip branch :)
12:10 AbrahmAB: which brings me to the topic of collab
12:11 hemant_kasat pikurasa , i will do that
12:11 samtoday AbrahmAB: so hum, we have tried a few approaches (using CollabWrapper, using the properties)
12:11 hemant_kasat what do you think of parsing of rhythmrule
12:11 samtoday and using the properties sounds nice - I think we can use it for some things
12:11 mohayon has quit IRC
12:11 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Is there any way we could pause the code execution (wait the for user response until a Gtk.Button gets clicked) ?
12:12 AbrahmAB samtoday: yea.. I found properties one better! I assume collabwrapper is not used yet!
12:12 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:12 samtoday but I think that we need to use a text_channel or filetransfer channels for some things
12:12 like syncing file contents
12:12 tony37 utkarsh I am not sure I understand your question
12:12 samtoday and syncing the project metadata (description, etc), in an atomic way (so that 2 people can edit the description text at once without it exploding)
12:13 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Cell parsing?
12:13 AbrahmAB samtoday: +1, I would keep collabwrapper code for future use
12:13 samtoday AbrahmAB: I had look at the collabwrapper code, and it was like 1000s of lines from here and 1000s of lines coppied from there
12:13 (which isn't bad... reusing code is fine)
12:14 but I found it very confusing and I wrote all of collabwrapper
12:14 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I want to pause the execution of a function at some line where it calls (something.connect('response', self.__callback) ) until the users clicks a Gtk.Button in the callback function.
12:14 hemant_kasat pikurasa , now widget initialize according to the rhythmruler block by which it is generated
12:14 samtoday there was just sooo much code
12:14 and like WTF was happening
12:14 did you ever get it to a state where you got the 2 people in the same text channel?
12:14 AbrahmAB samtoday: I saw collabwrapper codes in activities like Pippy physics write are the same copied !
12:14 mohayon has quit IRC
12:14 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:15 AbrahmAB no not yet text channel yet :(
12:15 samtoday yep, but did you get it to a state where it was working?  so that posting a message worked?
12:15 tony37 utkarsh - generally that is the purpose of the cb. However, it is tricky in that the code continues. Usually, it finishes a function call and so there is nothing more to do.
12:16 AbrahmAB I tried it and that crashed my Sugar
12:16 samtoday :(
12:16 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I need that to interrupt the datafile saving function call.
12:16 pikurasa hemant_kasat: (hold on a sec. I have someone here)
12:16 samtoday ok, so here are my thoughts for going forward
12:16 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: However I have figured out another way ;)
12:16 samtoday we rip out the collabwrapper, the jarabe.model.project and all the coppied stuff
12:17 tony37 samtoday you are giving up on the collabwrapper?
12:17 samtoday we only add in the bits that we have to, so that we can get 1 text channel for the project in the least ammount of code
12:17 tony37: not for activities.  I plan to port more activities to it.
12:17 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Could you please send me the log of the errors you faced while trying to 'open' your saved project?
12:17 tony37 ok thanks
12:17 I didn't get any errors
12:18 samtoday AbrahmAB: but I think that you should focus on the UI for now
12:18 iamutkarshtiwari :/
12:18 samtoday I'll try and help and get the collab stuff rolling ok
12:18 iamutkarshtiwari Let me try it.
12:18 AbrahmAB samtoday: okay!
12:18 samtoday there are a few non-collab things that you can work on, like:
12:18 * replacing that hack you added to sugar-datastore
12:19 * don't show the project jobject in the project-listview
12:19 * let me copy a file from outside the project into inside the project
12:19 * let me change the title of the project
12:19 * save the project description
12:19 tony37 utkarsh - try it on your system. However, after the save, close the fiddler tab then get a new tab to open
12:19 utkarsh - avoids caching effect
12:19 AbrahmAB samtoday: cool! but what about collab?
12:20 samtoday * remove the details view for the project (the project list view is the details view - it has the desciption box, etc(
12:20 AbrahmAB: I'll get the ball rolling with collab.  I'll get back to you on it by monday
12:20 just polish the non-collab ux for now
12:21 AbrahmAB_ <AbrahmAB_!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:21 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I tried you code just now. And it works fine (I closed the fiddler and reopened it in  a new tab)
12:21 samtoday (oh and let's add an icon for the projects :P  I wrote some docs for making the icons:  https://developer.sugarlabs.or[…]raphics.icon.html
12:21 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I will test it on my XO.
12:21 samtoday and another idea for polishing the non-collab UX:
12:22 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: lets finish-up with UX stuff asap.. to get back to collab :P
12:22 tony37 utkarsh - let me know what that shows
12:22 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Do you know the root password for the Gnome environment of XO-1.75 ?
12:22 samtoday * if I have a jobject from an activity in a project (eg. downloads from browse, photos from record), the "child object" should be in the project
12:22 AbrahmAB_ I am desperate to send *Hello* on text channel
12:22 samtoday :(
12:23 get some quick wins and confidence boosts by doing the non-collab stuff
12:23 tony37 As far as I know, there is no root password. You can go to the Terminal activity and sudo passwd root and set it as you want
12:23 samtoday I'll deal with the collab stuff for now
12:23 actually please don't think about collab until I talk to you about it again
12:23 AbrahmAB_ samtoday: okayy!!
12:23 samtoday I don't want you getting depressed
12:23 anyway, ttyl!
12:23 samtoday has quit IRC
12:23 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I'll give it a try.
12:24 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
12:24 tony37 utkarsh have you installed 0.106 on the XO?
12:25 iamutkarshtiwari No. How to do that?
12:25 I have Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-23-10.iso with me.
12:26 tony37 There are instructions at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.5
12:27 I don't think we'll see any problem with 0.95 on this project - but I was thinking that OLE Nepal might set a password.
12:28 iamutkarshtiwari I enquired them, they had no idea about it.
12:29 tony37 When I was there we did not set a password - as far as I know Uruguay is the only one who did
12:29 mohayon has quit IRC
12:29 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:30 iamutkarshtiwari I guess this model which I have is from Uruguay.
12:30 tony37 I doubt it.
12:30 iamutkarshtiwari I read portuguese on startup.
12:30 tony37 Uruguay is Spanish
12:30 iamutkarshtiwari and there are some places in Sugar where I found out the similar text.
12:31 Sorry my bad :P I get confused with both languages.
12:31 tony37 This is on the XO-1.75 or SOAS?
12:31 iamutkarshtiwari XO-1.75
12:32 tony37 That machine was purchased by OLE Nepal.
12:32 iamutkarshtiwari I might be import from Uruguay.
12:32 imported*
12:32 tony37 I came from China
12:32 It*
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari It also had dual boot Gnome evironment. Which other XOs at Ole Nepal didn't have.
12:33 tony37 You might check the locale (language) in the control panel.
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari I think I got a special XO :D
12:33 I only has two language options.
12:33 tony37 I suspect that is because they installed 0.94. Many of their machines have older releases before Gnome was included
12:33 iamutkarshtiwari 1) English (USA)
12:33 2)
12:34 2) Spanish (Uruguay)
12:34 tony37 You could be right. There are folks here who know how to find out from the serial-number when it was manufactured and for whom.
12:35 In which case it would have a password
12:35 mohayon has quit IRC
12:35 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:36 iamutkarshtiwari Do you any person from Uruguay who could help me crack the password?
12:36 tony37 utkarsh - with the serial-number and uuid, you can get a developer's key. This will allow you to flash a new image.
12:36 iamutkarshtiwari oh.. Could you please help me with that?
12:37 tony37 Yes, I'll look up the procedure
12:37 utkarsh: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Acti[…]nd_Developer_Keys
12:38 mohayon has quit IRC
12:38 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:38 hemant_kasat pikurasa: are u there ??
12:39 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: Thanks
12:39 pikurasa hemant_kasat: I am back.
12:39 hemant_kasat did you see the changes ??
12:39 iamutkarshtiwari I'll try the whole procedure on Sunday. I'll also need to download the lastest image for XO.
12:39 latest*
12:40 tony37: Can we please shift the out meeting timings to 16:30UTC ?
12:40 tony37 Use 13.2.5 so we are in sync
12:40 iamutkarshtiwari our*
12:41 mohayon has quit IRC
12:41 tony37 That will not be possible this weekend or on Monday. The Euro Cup as games at 4pm UTC
12:41 iamutkarshtiwari I live at my college hostel and mess (dinner) timings are from 15UTC to 16UTC, so it's difficutl
12:42 for to have my dinner (becoz our daily meeting timings clashes with dinner time)
12:42 pikurasa hemant_kasat: Okay, I see.
12:42 iamutkarshtiwari for me*
12:42 oh..
12:42 tony37 We could meet earlier. This weekend games are also at 1300 but before that should be fine
12:42 pikurasa hemant_kasat: The sound is correct, but the alignment of the cells is not yet perfect.
12:42 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:43 hemant_kasat yes that was because we divide the cell and than the precision can not be so high, i will  look it soon what i can do
12:43 iamutkarshtiwari tony37: I feel that 16:30UTC would be good since it's 11:00PM here in India (night) and I can give you the progress of whole day before going to bed.
12:43 10:00PM* sorry
12:43 pikurasa hemant_kasat: For example, a whole note in one row should visually equal a whole note in any other row.
12:44 hemant_kasat: Please look into it. The accuracy of this is important.
12:44 hemant_kasat: I need to go now. Please continue working and updating us on your progress.
12:44 Bye
12:44 hemant_kasat okay bye !!
12:45 tony37 After Monday, there will be no more games at 13:00 UTC. However, games will be at 16:00 and 21:00.
12:45 iamutkarshtiwari Ok. Let's decide this on Sunday.
12:46 tony37 I'll send you a schedule for the balance of the tournament
12:46 iamutkarshtiwari :D
12:46 I'll do as you ask. There is no need for that.
12:46 :)
12:46 tony37 I guess you can get back to work. It looks like there will be no regular meeting today
12:47 iamutkarshtiwari Yes.
12:47 tony37 bye
12:47 iamutkarshtiwari bye
12:47 tony37 has quit IRC
12:47 AbrahmAB_ has quit IRC
12:47 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
12:47 pikurasa has quit IRC
12:48 mohayon has quit IRC
12:49 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:56 mohayon has quit IRC
12:57 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:00 mohayon has quit IRC
13:00 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:03 mohayon has quit IRC
13:10 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:14 mohayon has quit IRC
13:14 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:17 satellit has quit IRC
13:17 satellit <satellit!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0:37bf:2e23:eef1:9b10> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:19 mohayon has quit IRC
13:20 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:20 mohayon has quit IRC
13:57 yagarwal <yagarwal!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:58 yagarwal has quit IRC
14:48 vikram_ has quit IRC
16:11 hemant_kasat has quit IRC
18:32 elih has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.