Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-06-17

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
10:43 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-158-139.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:04 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:33 lp1 <lp1!~lupin@80.215.87.45> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:34 vikram_ <vikram_!uid165104@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-jqlpdrseobqgbfwd> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:35 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!ca3ff2b4@gateway/web/freenode/ip.202.63.242.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:39 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:40 samtoday AbrahmAB: how are you?
11:40 AbrahmAB I am great! wbu?
11:41 samtoday good thanks.  This week when well for you AbrahmAB?
11:42 *went
11:42 AbrahmAB I am working on connecting the activities under project! Trying to finish it by the end of day
11:42 By morning you could check my progress
11:43 yagarwal <yagarwal!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.21.125.79> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:46 samtoday AbrahmAB: great.  I'll checkout your patches and test them tommorow!
11:46 AbrahmAB yes sure!
11:48 iamutkarshtiwari icarito: Hello
11:48 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@200.55.196.3> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:49 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday: Hi
11:49 samtoday iamutkarshtiwari: hello!
11:49 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday: I had modified my screenshot patch as you asked.
11:49 samtoday iamutkarshtiwari: I will test it now
11:50 iamutkarshtiwari But there seems some problem with it after using Abhijit's module.
11:50 I have posted that issue in the comment section of Abhijit's merged PR.
11:51 samtoday: did you have a look at my wifi passkey PR ?
11:53 samtoday_ <samtoday_!~samtoday@124-171-158-139.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:53 samtoday has quit IRC
11:53 samtoday_ has quit IRC
11:53 samtoday <samtoday!~samtoday@124-171-158-139.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:53 samtoday is now known as samtoday_
11:54 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_ : Thanks ;)
11:54 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: ah, that was the conversation about the grey box in the screenshot?
11:54 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_: Yes.
11:55 samtoday_ Are you `.show()`-ing the PopWindow before the screenshot is taken?
11:55 my speculation is that the grey box is drawn by Metacity (the window manager)
11:55 elih <elih!~elih@ool-18b9572a.dyn.optonline.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:55 lp1 ls
11:55 samtoday_ ??
11:55 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday: Nopes. First the screenshot is captured and after that I 'show()' the popup.
11:55 lp1 Whoops sorry I mistyped :)
11:56 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday: Just a min. Let me check again.
11:56 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@80.215.225.13> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:56 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: we pass an argument to disable metacity compositing.  If you remove that argument (thus enabling compositing), does that fix the issue?
11:57 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_ : How to do that?
11:57 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
11:58 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: actually, it won't help b/c XOs can't composit at all (no GPUs)... sorry I forgot that
11:58 walterbender hola todos
11:58 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: but search for "metacity" in jarabe.main if you want to know
11:58 vikram_ `Hello everybody
11:58 lp1 hi
11:58 yagarwal hello
11:58 walterbender is in Chile today :)
11:59 watching the sun rise over the mountains in Santiago
11:59 vikram_ Santiago?
11:59 AAh
11:59 walterbender #start-meeting
11:59 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun 17 11:59:27 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
11:59 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
11:59 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!uid149360@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-dlvbhnzvmjwdcags> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:59 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday: If the problem will still persist, I might have to revert back to my previous code?
11:59 walterbender who'd like to begin with their weekly summary? lp1 ?
12:00 samtoday_ No, we will fix it I'm sure
12:00 lp1 Sure :)
12:00 hemant_kasat hello everyone !!
12:00 walterbender hi hemant_kasat
12:00 lp1 Last week I've finished two big parts of the SugarizerOS project, I've made a litte demonstration video to explain what's available now on SugarizerOS : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAHUOBJ7fqk. To summarize : You can now use the app as a real launcher, as in : launch the device's Android applications from the listview, add them as favorites, which displays them on the homeview among the Sugarizer
12:00 activities. I added too a feature in the parameters to access the device's Android settings.
12:01 walterbender lp1, so any android app can be launched... not just sugarized aoos?
12:01 lp1 Yes :) they are fully integrated among sugarizer apps
12:01 walterbender fun
12:02 lp1, you guys should pull a fresh copy of Turlte... lots of bug fixes
12:02 hemant_kasat this week I done with having multiple rhythms rulers in the widget and saving them, here is the link to my recent blog http://musicblocks.net/2016/06[…]le-rhythm-rulers/,  it contains things I have done this week.
12:02 lp1 Ok ! I'm going to look into it
12:02 walterbender check this one out when you get a chance: http://walterbender.github.io/[…]narow.tb&run=True
12:03 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_: If the problem will still persist, I might have to revert back to my previous code?
12:03 walterbender lp1, what is the plan for next week?
12:03 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: no, we will fix the problem
12:04 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_: I think you should try my patch.
12:04 lp1 walterbender next week I'm going to add the wifis around the device to the neighbourhood screen and allow the user to add them to his favorites and connect through SugarizerOS
12:04 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:05 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: I'm still somehow getting the old patch running... gotta fix up my makefiles
12:05 walterbender thx for the update lp1
12:06 sould like nice progress
12:06 ^l^n
12:06 hemant_kasat, I have a queston
12:06 I saw you have consolidated the rhythims which is nice
12:06 hemant_kasat yes walterbender ??
12:06 walterbender but how to I play both rulers?
12:07 I only hear one drum sound when I play back.
12:08 hemant_kasat For now I am working on adding a drum column as you said and a playback for each ruler ,   For simultaneous playback, I will do it soon !!
12:09 AbrahmAB samtoday: I had ping you with an issue that crept out when I updated my sugar-toolkit-gtk3 master branch. Are u facing the same issue?
12:09 yagarwal has quit IRC
12:10 samtoday_ AbrahmAB: the KeyError issue?
12:10 yagarwal <yagarwal!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.21.125.79> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:10 AbrahmAB this one https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4959
12:10 walterbender hemant_kasat, once those features are in, it is close to deployable
12:11 samtoday_ iamutkarshtiwari: the makefile is really stuffed up.  Can you move the screenshotpanel code into jarabe.view.screenshotpanel (not jarabe.screenshotpanel.gui)?  That will fix most of the issues and let me test it!
12:11 walterbender the rest are improvements, but not essential
12:11 samtoday_ *makefile issues
12:11 iamutkarshtiwari samtoday_: I'll do it, but we need to first resolve that 'grey rectangle' issue.
12:11 hemant_kasat I have added a another drum column and I am able to playback each row, but I am having problem with dragging all of the buttons together as I have used different divs for them,  whenever I am done with that I will push it.
12:12 samtoday_ AbrahmAB: is this for when you have a Project as an active activity?
12:12 walterbender hemant_kasat, OK.
12:12 AbrahmAB No not for project luckily :)
12:12 walterbender hemant_kasat, seems similar to the isses we have with the pitch-time matrix
12:12 hemant_kasat and after this work, I will do simultaneous play part
12:12 AbrahmAB it was when I tried testing traditional collab of activities
12:12 walterbender hemant_kasat, that is really an important feature as it lets us design polyphonic rhythms
12:13 hemant_kasat yes ,  it is getting a little difficult , as i have so many tables
12:13 walterbender vikram_, can you give us an update? I am certain people will have feedback fro you re our discussion.
12:14 hemant_kasat, I am certain you can manage it
12:14 vikram_ walterbender: yeah sure
12:14 samtoday_ AbrahmAB: I merged that commit myself.  Does that fix it?
12:14 hemant_kasat walterbender, yes I will do it as soon as possible and then I will do the simultaneous part  !!
12:15 vikram_ So earlier i was planning to use python to write the backend functions and was planning to use a flask server to merge them with TurtleJS
12:15 but now i think it is a better idea to use JS itself(a JS library implementation of Git) for this process
12:15 AbrahmAB samtoday:i guess no, have u tried sharing any activity?
12:16 samtoday_ AbrahmAB: the patch does fix the bug... I checked that :)
12:16 vikram_ And the python code will be used for the python based activities
12:16 walterbender vikram_, can you explain why you think this impacts how wed design the back end of for example TurtleJS?
12:16 mohayon has quit IRC
12:16 walterbender are not we still essentially making HTTP calls?
12:17 AbrahmAB samtoday: Ahm! okay
12:17 vikram_ So initially i had planned to use was AJAX to make calls every time we want to init, clone, commit or any other functions
12:19 samtoday_ has quit IRC
12:20 vikram_ So in this case what will happen is that the necessity of that will not be required and also we  use single language, i planning to do this because the main reason is when we port an activity to Flask for example we have to redesign the whole web-app, in this TurtleJS. So instead of doing that for every app, we use an API to provide essential functions which
12:20 the activity can use without changing its internals
12:20 walterbender: We  will be making those calls anyways
12:20 yagarwal Hello elih, you there?
12:20 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
12:20 walterbender vikram_, I  guess I need to see your API to understand
12:21 elih hey yash
12:21 vikram_ walterbender: And for a webapp as massive as turtleJS i think it is better to not change its internals
12:21 yagarwal so here's my weekly report
12:21 --wrote the Import/Export Modules, a little bit of work is left in this
12:21 --added some new features to the UI, summarizing it here is a gif(https://raw.githubusercontent.[…]v0/multipage.gif)
12:21 --Currently I'm building the Editor part of the Font Editor, for that I've made a custom Gtk widget- a 50px circle on the screen that you can drag n drop over a drawing area, this is still work in progress and I plan to finish the basic editor interface during weekend
12:21 walterbender vikram_, I thought all the changes would be confided to the planet code, which is in one small JS file
12:22 vikram_ walterbender: I will have the API ready for you in the next couple of days, i have been looking for libraries today
12:22 walterbender vikram_, +1
12:22 vikram_ walterbender: You mean the activity.js file in TurtleJS?
12:22 walterbender vikram_, no...
12:23 vikram_, https://github.com/walterbende[…]/samplesviewer.js
12:23 elih yagarwal: is the 50px circle a test for the bezier handles?
12:23 walterbender that is where the majority of saving/versioning happens
12:23 AbrahmAB_ <AbrahmAB_!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:23 walterbender there is a separate save in activity.js but we can ignore that
12:24 vikram_ walterbender: Okay in this sense. Yeah i have seen that
12:24 walterbender hey elih : send me a set of bezier curves for some glyph
12:24 so I can try them in turtle :)
12:24 yagarwal elih: yeah, those will be the for both  the on curve and off curve points used to manipulate the beziers
12:25 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
12:25 elih Walter: ok will do.
12:25 vikram_ So what i wanted to propose was that if we use Flask, we are essentially changing the whole backend code of the app, which i think should be avoided
12:25 walterbender elih, do people use know points or control points these days? I thought for fonts, the latter
12:25 vikram_ walterbender: We can do that for Python version, because it is straight forward in that case
12:26 walterbender vikram_, OK. Let's get the JS version work first.
12:26 vikram_ So essentially it will be just like the link you sent me
12:26 elih wb: control points
12:26 vikram_ walterbender: yeah i am working on it, will have it up and running very soon
12:26 I am also working on the blog, you will hear from me very soon
12:27 yagarwal walterbender: what format do you want the bezier curvers in?
12:28 walterbender yagarwal, (x1y1) (cp1xy) (cp2xy) (x2y2)
12:28 yagarwal ok :)
12:28 walterbender I can parse XML, JSON, whatever
12:28 or just raw text
12:28 will be fun to try
12:33 elih yash: I'm interested to see the Bezier handles implemented... I'll have to write up a better description of desired behavior, but being able to switch between and move control points with the XO game pad is something dave and I would love to see.
12:34 yagarwal_ <yagarwal_!67157d4f@gateway/web/freenode/ip.103.21.125.79> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:36 yagarwal_ elih: ok, once I finish the building the basic functionality for the editor we can look into the UX
12:36 walterbender anyone else need a chance to report in? AbrahmAB_ ?
12:37 yagarwal has quit IRC
12:37 AbrahmAB_ Hi all,
12:37 I am still working on sync activities under project!
12:37 I have updated Sam regarding my progress prior to meeting
12:40 AbrahmAB <AbrahmAB!0e8b7a78@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.139.122.120> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:41 walterbender AbrahmAB, do you have a link to your blog?
12:41 AbrahmAB walterbender: yea http://abrahmab.github.io/
12:41 walterbender thx
12:41 reads
12:42 AbrahmAB, can you please update it this weekend? pretty terse.
12:42 AbrahmAB Yes sure!
12:42 walterbender AbrahmAB, sorry. didn't see the READMORE link
12:43 light blue on gray doesn't work well for my old eyes
12:43 AbrahmAB_ has quit IRC
12:44 AbrahmAB walterbender: I will fix those color issue :)
12:44 walterbender :)
12:44 AbrahmAB any queries walterbender ?
12:45 walterbender AbrahmAB, looks good. I am looking forward to this feature as I think it is a powerful idea
12:45 we'll need to write up clear documentation for teachers at some point so that they know about it.
12:45 AbrahmAB yea.. sure I will give my best :)
12:46 once I the coding and testing part is over we could workaround docs
12:48 lp1 has quit IRC
12:49 walterbender anything else for today?
12:49 needs to head off to a meeting
12:49 yagarwal_ has quit IRC
12:49 AbrahmAB thats it from my side!
12:49 walterbender mentors: don't forget to write mid-term evaluations this weekend!!!
12:49 thanks for the updates everyone
12:50 #end-meeting
12:50 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun 17 12:50:38 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
12:50 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-17T11:59:27.html
12:50 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-06-17T11:59:27
12:50 AbrahmAB has quit IRC
13:04 lp1 <lp1!~lupin@2a01cb0000306200bb7aeadfe7a​91a80.ipv6.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:12 lp1 has quit IRC
13:13 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@cpe-69-203-196-22.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:17 davelab6 walterbender: for the mid term eval
13:17 walterbender: is there a structure for that SL or G provides?
13:17 walterbender has quit IRC
13:18 iamutkarshtiwari <iamutkarshtiwari!a32f9767@gateway/web/freenode/ip.163.47.151.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:28 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@200.55.196.3> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:38 walterbender has quit IRC
14:36 elih davelab6: isn't that in the email titled -- Important GSoC Midterm Evaluation Information?
14:51 hemant_kasat has quit IRC
15:00 iamutkarshtiwari has quit IRC
15:03 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Icedove@64.119.134.14> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:48 vikram_ has quit IRC
16:03 pikurasa has quit IRC
16:18 davelab6 has quit IRC
16:25 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Icedove@64.119.134.14> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:28 elih has quit IRC
16:48 pikurasa has quit IRC
17:07 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@cpe-66-108-182-80.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:47 davelab6 has quit IRC
19:54 davelab6 <davelab6!~davelab6@zeus.cooper.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:16 davelab6 has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster