Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2016-02-12

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
01:41 satellit has quit IRC
01:41 satellit <satellit!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:31 reubencaron has quit IRC
03:32 reubencaron <reubencaron!~reubencar@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:01 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:03 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:7c9a:be5f:9092:8526> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:29 pikurasa has quit IRC
14:51 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:17 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:54 walterbender hi satellit
15:58 meeting * Jose_Miguel-es has joined
15:58 JM_ <JM_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:59 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Hello!
15:59 walterbender hola Jose Miguel
15:59 CanoeBerry, you here?
15:59 ClaudiaU, ?
16:00 no lionel or sameer or tony?
16:00 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> It was now, no?
16:00 walterbender JM: yes. ahora
16:01 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> *OK.
16:03 sverma <sverma!~sverma@2602:306:ccab:6470:6032:449c:2d83:a210> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:03 CanoeBerry Hi
16:03 sverma Greetings!
16:03 CanoeBerry Lionel pinged me he will be a bit late.
16:04 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Hello!
16:04 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:04 CanoeBerry llaske: welcome & bienvenue
16:05 llaske Hi Adam & all !
16:05 CanoeBerry Anybody heard from Tony & Claudia?
16:06 walterbender OK. We have a quorum :)
16:06 #start-meeting
16:06 meeting Meeting started Fri Feb 12 16:06:14 2016 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:06 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
16:06 walterbender #topic welcome
16:06 Welcome new SLOB members :)
16:06 llaske Thanks ! Happy to join
16:06 walterbender Lionel, Sameer, Tony
16:06 sverma Thank you!
16:07 walterbender Welcome back Adam, Claudia, Jose Miguel
16:07 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Welcome!
16:07 walterbender and thank you Daniel, Gonzalo, and Chris for all the great contributions
16:07 Just a few formalities
16:07 llaske and Caryl to organize
16:08 walterbender yes... and Samson and Sebastian for the help as well
16:08 So... we had been meeting the first Monday of the month and conducting out-of-cycle business via email
16:09 I added all of you to the slobs@lists.sl.o mailing list
16:09 it is outr custom to CC sugar-devel olpc-sur and iaep when we discuss business unless there is a compelling reason not to make the discussion public
16:10 But we should decide on regular meeting times.
16:10 Does the first Friday of each month work for everyone (at this time)?
16:10 is once per month enough? too much?
16:10 sverma This works for me
16:11 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> It is well for my.
16:11 llaske Yes, okay
16:11 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> It seems me well once a month
16:11 aguirrea <aguirrea!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:12 walterbender OK. We can double check with tony and claudia but it seems this will work.
16:12 CanoeBerry Yes, this timeframe..we may need to tune slightly in March/April as EU and "North American" time changes on diff dates.
16:12 walterbender so our next meeting will be 4 March
16:12 at 16:00 UTC
16:12 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> *Ok
16:13 CanoeBerry Thanks. Even if it's after Midnight for Tony Anderson in the Philippines, which is rough for him until he flies to EU around May.
16:13 walterbender I am flexible by an hour either way on Fridays.
16:13 aguirrea ok
16:13 tony__ <tony__!~tony@121.54.32.150> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:13 walterbender other minutia
16:13 Just so you know, CanoeBerry is our liaison to the SFC
16:14 CanoeBerry With some very useful financial details that came in last night and this morning when we have a minute.
16:14 llaske Thanks for great work on that. SFC documents are very clear
16:14 walterbender I  have not yet asked Bert if he will be willing to continue as Ombudsman
16:14 sverma ok
16:14 walterbender CanoeBerry, let's switch to finances next
16:15 CanoeBerry walterbender: Thanks for asking Bert to continue, if you can this week?
16:15 walterbender just to wrap up, if someone else wants to be in charge of running the meetings, I am more than happy to let someone else do it :)
16:15 CanoeBerry, yes. I'll ping him this week.
16:15 GrannieB <GrannieB!acfb2c1a@gateway/web/freenode/ip.172.251.44.26> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:17 walterbender One last comment re welcoming new members
16:17 GrannieB This page doesn't look right. Am I in the right place? There is no list of attendees on the side...
16:17 walterbender We are here to serve the community in support of Sugar
16:17 that is essentially the beginning and end of our responsibility
16:18 CanoeBerry GrannieB: you are in the right place.  Your irc software or irc site may be flaky if it does not show ~20 participants on right side.
16:18 walterbender the heavy lifting is done by the community :P
16:18 any questions/comments before we switch to finances?
16:18 CanoeBerry GrannieB: currently ~26 participants in this channel..
16:19 walterbender #finances
16:19 CanoeBerry, wanna summarize for us?
16:19 CanoeBerry Can I summarizes SFC's reportage?
16:19 *summarize
16:20 OK, $81,966.88 is in Sugar Lab's bank account, of which 10% (I think) is reserved to pay SFC accounting & legal.
16:20 GrannieB CanoeBerry: It's flaky
16:21 llaske SFC is payed on a percent of the bank account ?
16:21 walterbender CanoeBerry, FYI, I just heard from Google that they are giving us an additional $7000 for our GCI partiicpation :)
16:21 llaske, they take 10% off the top AFAIK
16:21 CanoeBerry llaske: yes 10% always.
16:21 walterbender: Great news.
16:21 llaske waoo it's better to not be rich :-)
16:22 walterbender CanoeBerry, the Google $$ are general funds
16:22 CanoeBerry, as Tony S. pointed out, not all of the 81K are general funds
16:22 the $$ I brought in through grants are for specific purposes.
16:23 CanoeBerry Also SFC clarifies that $550 has been spent on internationalization, and $18,188.97 has been spent on Turtle Art Days, and that the final (of 3 total) $40,000 installments from TripAdvisor did not arrive in October, as the prior 2 installments did.
16:23 walterbender the Gould $ is for working in schools
16:23 the TripAdvisor $ is for i18n and Turtle workshops
16:23 Claudua <Claudua!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:24 Claudua Hello
16:24 walterbender hi ClaudiaU
16:24 Claudua meeting?
16:24 walterbender ClaudiaU, yes...
16:24 GrannieB Does anyone have a copy of the original grant from Trip Advisor that folks could look at?
16:24 Claudua sorry I am late
16:24 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Hello Claudia!
16:24 CanoeBerry e.g. the $40,000 arrived October 2nd, 2014, but did not arrive in 2015.
16:24 walterbender GrannieB, I can dig up a copy
16:25 CanoeBerry, we didn't get the 3rd year $
16:25 I am not sure why but I can look into it.
16:25 but we have not even spent all of the Year 1 money yet.
16:25 llaske Is there any sort of reporting to do to TripAdvisor about usage of money ?
16:26 walterbender llaske, SFC is supposed to send annual financial reports
16:26 and I send summaries of the work
16:26 llaske Okay
16:27 walterbender I've been pretty good about the Turtle Workshops, but more often than not, I manage to find third-party funding so I have not spent that much yet
16:27 GrannieB Most grants I have had and administered have had a "use it or lose it" provision
16:27 walterbender I have had very little luck with i18n
16:27 sverma Do we have specific categories on our end to earmark $ or is it governed by the grant provider?
16:27 walterbender Other than Edgar, none of the translators seem to be reliable
16:28 llaske +1 GrannieB, same thing for OLPC France when we worked with Lyonness fundation
16:28 CanoeBerry walterbender: can you reach out the TripAdvisor this week, as the $40K funds (expected Oct 2015) are over 4 months late it appears, to figure out what's happening?
16:28 walterbender sverma, I wrote the proposals for both Gould and Trip Advisor
16:28 CanoeBerry, I will ping my contact there
16:28 CanoeBerry Thanks
16:29 walterbender I would love to ramp up on i18n.
16:29 sverma walterbender, so we get to decide on our end the nature of work for those $, and not so much Gould or TripAdvisor?
16:30 CanoeBerry walterbender: which annual reports is SFC supposed to send to TripAdvisor? (overarching I990 basically, or more than that?)
16:30 llaske Is marketing could be considered as acceptable expense for the contract ?
16:30 walterbender sverma, yes and no. I feel obliged to fulfill the spirit of the proposals
16:31 CanoeBerry, they were supposed to send financials
16:31 I don't know if they have been doing that
16:31 llaske, I would want to discuss specifics
16:31 CanoeBerry walterbender: OK, I will ask SFC if they have sent financials to TripAdvisor and when.
16:31 walterbender there are other funds we could use for marketing, e.g., Google money
16:32 llaske okay it was just suggestion to avoid losing this money
16:32 walterbender llaske, would be good to get a marketing team assembled again
16:32 sverma walterbender, Indeed. I agree.
16:33 llaske Yes I think SugarLabs lack marketing
16:33 walterbender llaske, do you ever see Sean?
16:33 llaske Sean had done a great job in past by don't recently seen him in an OLPC France meeting
16:33 by/but
16:33 walterbender llaske, maybe reach out to him
16:33 but we need some new people/new ideas too
16:33 llaske okay, I will try to ask him
16:34 sverma llaske, yes, it does. Let's hope we get people who actually know what marketing is!
16:34 CanoeBerry SFC Executive Director (Karen Sandler) called me Tuesday morning after I reached out to find a contact at SFC Monday, and her summary view that all Sugar Labs funds are "fungible" and that the board is fundamentally in control of all funds.  With the spirit of grants/donations being taken into consideration as we see most respectful & appropriate.
16:34 GrannieB How can we fulfill the "spirit of the proposals" if we don't know what that is?
16:35 walterbender GrannieB, as I said, I will share the proposals...
16:35 GrannieB, they have been shared publically in the past, but I don't have them at my finger tips.
16:35 publicly
16:36 GrannieB, but again, the gist is: Gould: Sugar in schools (specifically Sugar on a Stick as that was the push at the time)
16:36 and Trip Advisor: Turtle Blocks and i18n
16:36 the Google money from GSoC and GCI are general funds
16:37 CanoeBerry Speaking of i18n, the total of $550 is disheartening: how to we enact the original intent and spirit of the grant here -- is Chris Leonard still willing to help, do you know Walter?
16:37 $550 total spent in 2.5 years :(
16:38 walterbender CanoeBerry, chirs got tied up with other things (day job)
16:38 CanoeBerry Ok, we need to consider a replacement for him at this late stage it seems~
16:38 walterbender we had written contracts for about 4-5 different languages but only Edgar (Aymara) ever delivered.
16:39 I've had an open (an oft repeated) request for translators :P
16:39 ironically, I've gotten much better results from volunteers (e.g., AR and IBO)
16:39 and TH
16:40 Guarani never really went anywhere
16:40 Quechua never took off
16:40 even though we had translators contracted.
16:40 CanoeBerry Yes.  But a "translation community manager" should be paid if this brings the originally stated $~60,000K for translation/localization back into action, since this is stuck at the moment.
16:41 walterbender CanoeBerry, I am open to suggestions
16:41 kaametza hello, here we have many ideas on hoe we can get Sugar translated into several native languages
16:42 CanoeBerry Let's keep our eyes open for someone who has those talents!
16:42 Other financial questions, or should we move on?
16:42 walterbender kaametza, I await concrete proposals
16:43 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> The most difficult is to achieve teams that realise them!
16:43 kaametza I do have the experience of making the translation manual, still would be nice to have resources t spread it
16:43 walterbender, shippibo conibo, ese eja and ashaninca seem to be a priority
16:43 I will be able to put together a budget for each
16:44 walterbender feel free to contact me with specifics
16:45 kaametza that is what I would hope to avoid
16:45 I have proposed this to be an open process
16:45 not personal
16:45 GrannieB +1
16:45 walterbender kaametza, since I am responsible for the trip advisor grant, I am going to be in the loop.
16:46 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@64.119.134.14> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:46 kaametza of course, I would follow whatever process the board will need
16:46 walterbender kaametza, the process has been to make proposal
16:47 and we discuss
16:47 CanoeBerry Speaking of, what's new at http://translate.sugarlabs.org -- who can summarize the community infra progress of the past year, perhaps Martin Abente if Chris Leonard is busy?
16:47 kaametza yes, now that we know that there are funds available we can start ;D
16:47 walterbender CanoeBerry, we have mostly working infrastructure
16:48 but the JS side of the house is a bit fragile
16:48 CanoeBerry Less so on the community side: http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/localization mailing list is largely dead, and needs a kick in the pants, or rebirth?
16:48 walterbender we had about 60 new strings for Sugar 108
16:49 and a bunch of new strings in some activities (~100 in Music Blocks)
16:49 CanoeBerry, I think martin has been sending to devel?
16:49 I don't recall
16:50 sverma CanoeBerry, a lot of the inactivity on lists has to do with burnout :-(
16:50 walterbender I do recall seeing a call for translations on some list
16:50 sverma, I think we need leaders in each area
16:50 CanoeBerry sverma: Chris Leonard's a stellar guy, but got swamped so we now need to look elsewhere -- or possibly pay him to do the community catalyst job right?
16:50 walterbender and we are lacking i18n leadership since Chris got distracted
16:51 CanoeBerry, it is a bit more complicated
16:51 CanoeBerry Ok
16:51 walterbender we don't have the funds for a full-time position in i18n
16:51 maybe we can raise that money
16:51 CanoeBerry Part-time position would be ideal.
16:51 walterbender but Chris needed a full-time job
16:52 we had offered to pay him for some upstream work
16:52 but he got swallowed up in his day job
16:52 CanoeBerry I see.  We have the funds for a part-time position to make huge translation progress, if we want to, and find an effective indigineous languages community manager.
16:52 kaametza I would be able to help ;D
16:52 walterbender CanoeBerry, maybe
16:53 I'd like to see a job description
16:53 CanoeBerry Let's consider, thanks.  7min warning?  I have another tiny topic before we close, about future meetings.
16:53 walterbender and a budget and a set of deliverables
16:53 sverma Let's not confuse leadership with salaries. The two are not swappable.
16:53 walterbender sverma, +1
16:54 tony__ Perhaps we need a committee to look at this in more detail, I would be happy to give a hand. Sverma?
16:54 CanoeBerry sverma: there is overlap..paid community organizers perform miracles if we identify the right one.  The original spirit of the grant asks us to work on translation which we are not doing -- it's time to deliver (something!)
16:55 tony__ There will soon be an unemployed community organizer
16:56 walterbender hopefully not replaced by a carpetbomber
16:56 CanoeBerry tony__: Is that you Mr Anderson in the Philippines? :)
16:56 tony__ Aye at 0 dark 30
16:56 CanoeBerry Oy!
16:56 Can I put a final microtopic out there?
16:56 walterbender tony__, why don't you run with this... organize a team to make a plan to run past SLOBs at the next meeitng
16:56 Erilyth <Erilyth!uid126846@gateway/web/irccloud.com/x-vkewzaydkezqfmdh> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 tony__ OK
16:57 walterbender thanks
16:57 next topic?
16:57 CanoeBerry Thanks Tony, great, I and others can help.  Chris Leonard too I'm sure still deeply cares, to consult on an effective handoff.
16:57 walterbender just heard from Chris
16:58 I have one more topic
16:58 kaametza we did add the complete "awajun" native language last year... but there were non Trip Advisor funds
16:58 walterbender #topic GSoC
16:58 llaske yes !
16:59 I've got ideas
16:59 walterbender I want to make sure I have the go ahead before applying on behalf of Sugar Labs.
16:59 llaske should put on the wiki
16:59 pikurasa walterbender: I just happened to stumble into this meeting. Let me know if you need anything.
16:59 kaametza CanoeBerry, what was the topic you wanted to share?
17:00 walterbender kaametza, can we please wrap up GSoC before switching to the next topic
17:00 CanoeBerry kaametza: in a minute when GSoC discussion done, yeah.
17:00 walterbender any questions about GSoC?
17:01 and comments?
17:01 kaametza oh ok sorry
17:01 walterbender If we do apply, I need a co-administrator.
17:01 GrannieB How about some documentation projects for GSoC?
17:01 walterbender I can ask Martin again, but he may not have time.
17:01 llaske I could be co-administrator if you want
17:01 CanoeBerry llaske: great!
17:02 walterbender llaske, I was fishing for that response :)
17:02 sverma +1 for llakse
17:02 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> +1!
17:02 sverma *llaske
17:02 llaske Thanks :-)
17:02 Claudua +1
17:03 walterbender can I assume if yo +1 llaske as co-admin that you are also +1 to our participating?
17:03 Claudua yes
17:03 llaske of course :-)
17:03 tony__ +1
17:03 sverma +1 on participation in GSoC
17:03 CanoeBerry +1
17:03 walterbender OK. I'll finish the application over the weekend
17:04 llaske, FYI, https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2016
17:04 llaske Yes, seen it
17:04 walterbender CanoeBerry, you had another topic?
17:04 llaske, I'll link it from the main GSoC page
17:04 kaametza walterbender, will mentors get the Us$ 500 this time or will they stay in SL accounts ?
17:05 llaske okay
17:05 walterbender kaametza, we can certainly revisit that.
17:05 llaske I think that it's better to let it to SL
17:05 kaametza mentors may need the motivation ;D
17:06 walterbender kaametza, that has not been the case in the past, but we can discuss it at the next meeting, once we let the community know that we are seeking mentors
17:06 llaske +1
17:07 CanoeBerry Final microtopic from me: can we quickly clarify what +1 board votes mean?  In the past it was 4 of 7 oversight board members was required, with email votes accepted.  And a 2/3 vote (constitutional majority) if we are changing voting procedures or removing people or Real Serious Stuff (TM).  I'm assuming we're continuing with both those Sugar Labs voting protocols.
17:07 walterbender #topic voting
17:07 CanoeBerry I'm trying to clarify if there is a sunset window on such board votes, if the 4th vote (or 5th vote in the case of "constitutional" issues) can come 6 months later or whatever?  (or Walter do you remember if we set a sunset timeframe, such that the vote has to be completed within 2 weeks or such?)
17:08 walterbender CanoeBerry, I didn't make a formal motion re GSoC -- I was just trying to get feedback.
17:08 CanoeBerry Cool
17:08 My question is general above.
17:08 llaske May be we could differentiate vote session with a specific tag
17:09 walterbender CanoeBerry, In general, we need a majority (4) votes to pass a motion
17:09 CanoeBerry Is the 4th vote (or 5th vote) accepted months later?  Or not?
17:09 walterbender an as a rule, it has never come up (to my recollection) that we've had to apply any sunset
17:10 GrannieB It makes sense to do so
17:10 CanoeBerry I remember we talked about a sunset (vote before next meeting or some such) but can't remember what we decided.
17:10 walterbender but I suppose having some rules about these corner cases would be good to have on the books
17:10 CanoeBerry, I have no strong feelings about it except to say we should decide on some process.
17:11 CanoeBerry Also removal or SLOBS members needs to be clarified, yes -- as majority votes are difficult when someone (like Chris Leonard, regrettably) gets pulled away in the middle of a multiyear term.
17:11 walterbender again, in 8 years it has never been an issue, but that could change
17:11 CanoeBerry, ^ was in regard to sunset votes
17:11 GrannieB Questions should not be left hanging. You can always have another vote if needed
17:12 llaske Is there any rules written regarding SLOB ?
17:12 CanoeBerry On the removal of board members who stop participating (for family/health reasons, or whatever) we do need clarification.
17:12 GrannieB +1
17:12 CanoeBerry And what procedure will replace the board member needs to be more crisp.
17:12 walterbender CanoeBerry, agreed. but can we finish up sunset  first?
17:12 CanoeBerry Sure
17:12 walterbender do you have a proposal? a motion?
17:13 #topic sunset rules on voting
17:13 CanoeBerry Ideas from others: I'm not sure if a 1-month limit to vote makes sense, but it might?
17:14 GrannieB a month is a long time
17:14 CanoeBerry GrannieB: counterpropose something?
17:14 llaske My opinion is that the vote should be instant, not vote later
17:14 walterbender CanoeBerry, I am not sure of the use case
17:14 GrannieB Maybe a week?
17:14 CanoeBerry Email voting is needed by folks in offline countries who simply cannot vote live, or get online that same week.
17:14 llaske If we've got the quorum why wait for more votes ?
17:14 GrannieB instant is good
17:15 walterbender we vote only when we have a quorum
17:15 GrannieB +1 Lionel
17:15 walterbender but say we only have 4 members
17:15 and we have a 3-1 vote
17:15 CanoeBerry I disagree that 4 board members can act alone.
17:15 GrannieB +1
17:15 CanoeBerry During a live quorum, requiring unanimity on each vote.  That's not the way we've done things.
17:15 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> 4 members is *cuorum, and majority
17:16 walterbender CanoeBerry, if 4 members vote +1 then it passes... why not?
17:16 tony__ CanoeBerry: perhaps you could propose a procedure at the next meeting
17:16 CanoeBerry 4 votes can occur by email when a board member cannot possibly join the live meeting, during the ensuing week or month.
17:16 This is how it's always occurred.
17:16 walterbender CanoeBerry, I agree with tony__ ... a description of the problem and a proposal at the next meeting would be helpful
17:17 CanoeBerry Some votes occur without any meeting at all -- when urgent matters have come up.
17:17 walterbender CanoeBerry, I cannot recall that ever happening
17:17 but I suppose it could
17:17 GrannieB You don't want to get bogged down waiting for a decision. A week at most if it is something that can't wait until the next meeting
17:17 CanoeBerry Tony & Lionel need to understand how this has worked in the past (as I just explained -- live meetings don't happen in time, or critical board members unable to attend that month).
17:17 GrannieB Votes without a meeting??? Sounds very illegal
17:18 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> In accordance with seeing proposal
17:18 walterbender hadn't had any better luck soliciting votes in email than at meetings :P
17:18 GrannieB, I don't think we have ever voted without a meeting
17:18 CanoeBerry GrannieB: please clarify why illegal?  If published on public mailing lists or similar, what is illegal about this?
17:18 walterbender but sometimes we ask people who are absent to vote by email afterwards
17:19 CanoeBerry, we do need to see a motion
17:19 GrannieB If published in advance? or after the fact?
17:19 walterbender have that motion seconded
17:19 CanoeBerry This is a longstanding practice.  Nothing has changed.
17:19 walterbender have a discusion
17:19 and then vote
17:19 GrannieB no smoke-filled back rooms
17:19 CanoeBerry I want folks to be aware of history.
17:19 walterbender but I don
17:19 t see why we cannot do those steps in email
17:19 CanoeBerry If folks want to suppress votes by email, they need to propose a motion.
17:20 Saying that.
17:20 walterbender CanoeBerry, back to the topic of sunset
17:20 can you prepare a description of the problem and a proposed solution for the next meeting?
17:21 sverma Friendly reminder: we are 20 minutes past our meeting slot.
17:21 CanoeBerry I just want clarity.  And we now have (partial) clarity -- as is there is no sunset on email votes.
17:21 We can move onto the next topic.
17:21 sverma I have to leave in 9 minutes
17:22 llaske same as sverma for me
17:22 CanoeBerry If folks want a sunset on voting, they need to propose a motion.  Let's move on.
17:22 walterbender #agreed CanoeBerry will summarize the sunset issues for the next meeting
17:22 next topic???
17:22 sverma I'd like to propose a macrotopic, but I'll do so in the next meeting or so. It has to do with getting an idea about our strategic direction, which can then inform us on directions with marketing, etc.
17:22 walterbender sverma, +1
17:23 llaske +1
17:23 kaametza Sorry I do have a late question, regarding finances... does the board plan to share the SL finantial current status with the community, like in the wiki page and email list? any one in charge of that?
17:23 walterbender #agreed tony__ will organize a team to look into i18n strategies and report at the next meeting
17:23 CanoeBerry sunset issue is completely summarized above.  Next topic is removal of board members who do not participate sufficiently, making decisionmaking and voting difficult if not impossible.  We can take that up next mtg if time's up now.
17:23 walterbender ^^ forgot to enter that into the minutes earlier
17:23 #agreed llaske and walter will admin the GSoC 2016 program
17:24 tony__ and that SugarLabs will apply to participate
17:24 walterbender #agreed CanoeBerry will summerize removal of board members for discussion at the next meeing
17:24 tony__, yes...
17:25 #agreed to participate in GSoC 2016 (if Google accepts us)
17:25 CanoeBerry Clarification: if we (SLOBS) want to change sunset-voting procedures or removal of non-participating SLOBS members, it will need a supermajority of 2/3 votes (5 of 7) as these a certainly constitutional-level decisions.
17:25 llaske Plus, I will ask to Sean how we could reborn a marketing team
17:25 walterbender CanoeBerry, again, please summarze for us for the next meeing
17:26 #agreed llaske and sverma  will look into revitalizing  the marketing team
17:26 we should wrap up as it is getting late for some folks
17:26 great start to the new SLOB membership
17:26 CanoeBerry A clean criterion for identifying non-participating board members, and clean procedure for replacing them is all we need.  I can make suggestions next meeting but others need to as well!
17:26 walterbender thanks all for coming
17:27 kaametza Sorry I still  do have a late question, regarding finances... does the board plan to share the SL finantial current status with the community, like in the wiki page and email list? any one in charge of that?
17:27 tony__ bye
17:27 tony__ has quit IRC
17:27 llaske Thanks to manage it walterbender
17:27 walterbender CanoeBerry, ^^ kaametza's quesiton
17:28 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> I have to leave... Greetings
17:28 CanoeBerry kaametza: I don't know how often I should interact with SFC (who seem extremely competent, but very busy) but more reporting would be useful for sure.
17:28 meeting * Jose_Miguel has quit (Quit: Page closed)
17:28 CanoeBerry walterbender: can you remind all where the above transcript will be published, to start this off?
17:28 walterbender CanoeBerry, maybe summarize Bradley's email in the wiki?
17:29 CanoeBerry Ok
17:29 walterbender CanoeBerry, I publish minutes and the log for every meeting in the wiki
17:29 kaametza CanoeBerry, thanks! I guess the first "marketing" SL requires is to pubish updated info
17:29 CanoeBerry URL please, so it's easier for all to find?
17:29 walterbender https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]ght_Board/Minutes
17:29 CanoeBerry Thx!
17:30 walterbender CanoeBerry, and we have https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/[…]t_Board/Decisions
17:30 I will update both pages to reflect the new board
17:30 CanoeBerry Great
17:30 walterbender OK... anything else?
17:31 we already lost tony and JM
17:31 5
17:31 JM_ has quit IRC
17:31 CanoeBerry Sorry Tony, 3 votes for you next time staying up after 1AM, hah ;)
17:32 4
17:32 llaske has quit IRC
17:32 sverma has quit IRC
17:33 aguirrea has quit IRC
17:33 GrannieB has quit IRC
17:33 walterbender #end-meeting
17:33 meeting Meeting ended Fri Feb 12 17:33:55 2016 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
17:33 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-12T16:06:14.html
17:33 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]16-02-12T16:06:14
17:34 Claudua has quit IRC
18:22 walterbender has quit IRC
18:27 pikurasa has quit IRC
20:22 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@64.119.134.14> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:26 hemant_kasat <hemant_kasat!hemant@nat/iiit/x-eukgvjgvxekuzpta> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:44 pikurasa has quit IRC
20:44 Erilyth has quit IRC
21:30 satellit_e has quit IRC
21:42 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:602:201:9ae0::81a0> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:34 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@2601:184:4200:2904:b8ef:3a46:1755:6978> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:35 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:40 satellit has quit IRC
23:41 satellit <satellit!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:41 walterbender has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster