Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2015-10-05

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
10:57 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:23 pikurasa <pikurasa!~Thunderbi@c-73-167-118-213.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:29 pikurasa has quit IRC
14:35 ignacio is now known as i386
16:01 i386 is now known as ignacio
19:44 samdroid <samdroid!~sam@180.200.179.69> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:28 Quozl` <Quozl`!~quozl@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:56 Quozl` .
21:18 GrannieB <GrannieB!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:41 GrannieB has quit IRC
21:42 GrannieB <GrannieB!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:42 GrannieB Checking in a bit early (I hope). Is this the correct irc channel for the SLOBS meeting?
21:51 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:52 walterbender hi everyone
21:52 hola todos
21:52 alsroot has quit IRC
21:55 Quozl` hi.
21:55 GrannieB hi
21:55 Quozl` GrannieB: yes, it is the correct IRC channel for the SLOBS meeting, due in five minutes.
21:55 walterbender any SLOB members here?
21:55 GrannieB Great! this time I won't miss it ;)
21:56 walterbender thinks he did all the proper UTC conversions this time :)
21:56 Quozl` walterbender: I am not a SLOB member, but I am here to observe.
21:56 GrannieB mee too
21:56 walterbender none of the SLOBs actual confirmed with me... I hope that they show up.
21:57 first Monday of the month at 23UTC is not that confusing
21:58 meanwhile, check out Music Blocks when you get a chance... way cool!!!
21:58 GrannieB It would be really helpful if you always included the link to the correct channel in your reminders.
21:59 walterbender GrannieB, OK. But that never changes either :) But I'll try to remember.
21:59 GrannieB TDP: an old PR/journalism abbreviation for Time, Date, Place.
21:59 Quozl` Suitable for cruise missile deliveries.
22:00 walterbender or in our case, troll delivery :)
22:00 Quozl` heh.
22:01 germanrs <germanrs!~german@209.124.100.138> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:02 walterbender I am surprised our troll never comes to these meetings... he only complains about them.
22:02 hola germanrs
22:02 Quozl` walterbender: oh, i thought the troll was you being reflective?  ;-)
22:02 germanrs Hola walterbender :)
22:02 walterbender Quozl`, maybe the troll is my doppelganger.
22:03 GrannieB can we have a link for Music Blocks?
22:03 walterbender walterbender.github.io/musicblocks
22:03 the documentation is a bit spartan at the moment
22:03 https://github.com/walterbende[…]ntation/README.md
22:04 more coming
22:04 see https://github.com/walterbende[…]r/guide/README.md for some basics in Turtle
22:04 germanrs, https://github.com/walterbende[…]uide-es/README.md
22:05 GrannieB I'll check it out. I may be able to help with the documentation from a music education standpoint
22:05 walterbender GrannieB, that'd be great
22:06 germanrs walterbender, sensors, nice...
22:07 walterbender another few minutes and I will assume the SLOBs are not coming
22:07 but maybe GrannieB can give an update re membership and the election?
22:08 GrannieB Sure.
22:08 Samson is sending the welcome letter out to people who ask for membership.
22:09 So far, I think Sora's is the only one he has sent but that is a good start.
22:09 walterbender I think there was another one too
22:09 GrannieB I am still waiting to hear from Adam with the info I need for a story about the school server projects for the newsletter
22:10 walterbender Sandra got one :)
22:10 GrannieB Good!  I didn't see that (I ashould have gotten a confirmation too)
22:10 I did see the request
22:11 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:11 walterbender hi Claudia_
22:11 GrannieB, any plans re the election?
22:11 ignacio Hello, /me is in school
22:11 walterbender ignacio, don't be a fool... stay in school :)
22:11 Claudia_ Hwllo
22:11 ignacio Hehe, waiting for teachers :P
22:12 walterbender hi Claudia_
22:12 GrannieB At the moment, the newsletter is going into an old simple newsletter creator. It is at 3 pages at the moment. Need to get the rest for a 4th to finish.
22:12 walterbender Claudia_, it is just you and me from SLOB :(
22:12 Claudia_ Hi walterbender
22:12 GrannieB Will put it into pdf format and Samson will adapt it for the web
22:12 Claudia_ long time without talkinh
22:12 walterbender Claudia_, I will be on campus tomorrow morning
22:13 my new office: w31-302 :)
22:13 Claudia_ you keep changing
22:13 where are you now?
22:13 GrannieB Wish I had more photos for the newsletter…. :(
22:14 walterbender Claudia_, babysitting :)
22:14 Claudia_ I am working too hard
22:14 are we postponing?
22:14 walterbender GrannieB, what do you need? I can try to find some
22:15 Claudia_, I think we have no quorum
22:15 Claudia_ :(
22:15 walterbender I will try to reschedule by email
22:15 Claudia_ want to meet this week?
22:15 ignacio Just for my info, who are the guys of slobs?
22:15 walterbender I can meet tomorrow morning perhaps?
22:16 Claudia_ Adam, Jose MIguel, Gonzalo, Walter, Claudia
22:16 ignacio What happened with Daniel?
22:16 Claudia_ I may be able to do at 6:30
22:16 oh.. Daniel
22:16 CanoeBerry Hi All
22:16 walterbender ignacio, it is me, claudia, gonzalo, jose miguel, daniel francis, adam holt, and chris leonard
22:17 GrannieB A couple of Turtle Blocks workshops… kids or teachers, lots of color/contrast/etc. Something with the school server team and or a server in use at a school
22:17 Hey Adam!
22:17 ignacio ah. We plan to use turtlebots in our final demonstration of school
22:17 walterbender GrannieB, I can get you some Turtle Art workshop photos
22:17 ignacio maybe we can use turtleblocksjs instead of turtlebots
22:17 walterbender ignacio, there is a version in the works for Butia
22:17 ignacio We will do a line follower for lego, I think there is a plugin for that
22:17 GrannieB is the js version also used in Sugarizer?
22:17 ignacio We don't have a butia :-/
22:18 walterbender ignacio, yes... from samdroid
22:18 Claudia_ walterbender: I will pay attention to email to meet tom
22:18 walterbender GrannieB, yes
22:18 GrannieB +1
22:18 walterbender Claudia_, OK... tty;l
22:18 Claudia_ thanks
22:18 ignacio Nice, I will make the line follower thenn
22:18 walterbender ignacio, check out music blocks... very fun
22:18 Quozl` ignacio: use another instance of turtle blocks to make a butia simulator?
22:19 walterbender GrannieB, the election?
22:19 Quozl` ignacio: e.g. present a virtual terminal to which turtle bots then connects, it won't know the difference.
22:19 ignacio Quozl`➤ hmm, its need to be easy to understand to users
22:19 samdroid has quit IRC
22:19 ignacio Its a school demonstration
22:20 GrannieB yes…  the plan/schedule called for the newsletter to go out this month and people to sign up and to current members to confirm their membership status
22:20 walterbender GrannieB, OK
22:20 GrannieB, please let us know if there are any roadblocks
22:20 GrannieB I am hoping Sebastian or Samson will handle the actual mailing (emailing) after I get the content ready
22:20 sammeister <sammeister!~samsongod@172.98.215.184> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:21 walterbender hi sammeister
22:21 sammeister Hello walter
22:21 GrannieB Hey Samson… I was just talking about you!
22:21 sammeister Hi
22:21 ignacio GrannieB ➤ sorry, but what's your name? -I need to refresh my mental database-
22:22 sammeister Caryl right??
22:22 walterbender switching topics,...
22:22 GrannieB Caryl Bigenho… I think I am the "senior" member of this group… maybe all of Sugar Labs… Thus the grannie
22:22 ignacio ohhh
22:22 CanoeBerry GrannieB: i will have more time after returning from Haiti tmrw..I and Bernie Innocenti are at a Port-au-Prince orphanage (where he just cut the power to rig up more XO power cable!)
22:22 ignacio yeah, I know your name
22:22 walterbender I have a handful of mentors for GCI
22:22 so I think I will go ahead and apply
22:22 Quozl` GrannieB: I think I'm second in line for seniority?  ;-)
22:23 ignacio I contacted Plan Ceibal, for ask mentors.
22:23 walterbender It is a core program for Sugar IMHO
22:23 Claudia_ has quit IRC
22:23 GrannieB Is GCI something that could be mentioned in the newsletter?
22:23 walterbender ignacio, thx
22:23 icarito hi just got home, skimmed thru the log
22:23 ignacio GrannieB ➤ I think no
22:23 walterbender GrannieB, sure
22:23 ignacio walterbender ➤ but maybe we should wait until we get accepted
22:23 or maybe mention it as "Sugar Labs is applying.."
22:24 walterbender ignacio, we can mention the need for mentors :)
22:24 sammeister Yeah concerning the gci I am not that sure that I can compete
22:24 ignacio walterbender ➤ ohh, yes
22:24 GrannieB I just need the 5 w's and h to do it… Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How
22:24 sammeister I have SAT exams December and January
22:24 walterbender GrannieB, OK. will send you something (and a few pix)
22:24 sammeister, study hard for your Math :)
22:24 GrannieB +1
22:25 sammeister Thanks
22:25 walterbender anything else to discuss?
22:25 sammeister Be right back
22:26 ignacio hmm, idk
22:26 walterbender FYI, Samdroid is conducting a survey
22:26 ignacio yeah, got a email
22:26 walterbender Tincho will be joining me next weekend for the Boston GNOME Summit
22:26 ignacio mail*
22:26 sammeister GrannieB how did see my response for intending members
22:26 icarito hi GrannieB, Sebastian here
22:27 walterbender sammeister, those are nice
22:27 icarito, sammeister please let us (SLOB) know if there are any roadblocks regarding the election
22:27 already asked GrannieB
22:28 ignacio Just reading a Stephanie mail "GCI 2015 will start later this year.
22:28 "
22:28 GrannieB Yes Samson… I don't know how to do that special note to one person… but I did see the one for Sora. Not the one for Nancy, however
22:29 walterbender ignacio, I better check out the website :P
22:29 GrannieB someone needs to remind me about the ins and outs of irc.
22:29 ignacio and also about the Samdroid survey
22:29 here is the link
22:29 #link https://docs.google.com/forms/[…]TgshD1Bg/viewform
22:29 icarito walterbender, no, in principle
22:29 sammeister Well we had already discussed plans for the election. The doc GrannieB sent at the last meeting
22:30 icarito i believe the plan is to call for candidates asap with the newsletter GrannieB is preparing
22:30 walterbender icarito, +1
22:30 ignacio, where is the GCI info you are referring to?
22:30 icarito regarding new members I believe we have two
22:30 ignacio walterbender ➤ gci-discuss
22:30 GrannieB right… there will be an "election" story on the first page
22:30 ignacio one sec
22:31 is meeting running?
22:31 https://groups.google.com/foru[…]forum/gci-discuss
22:31 Quozl` ignacio: no.
22:31 ignacio oh.
22:31 icarito ignacio, i think we have no quorum
22:31 Quozl` ignacio: i haven't seen cotemporal quorum.
22:32 ignacio icarito ➤ are you going to postulate to slobs?
22:32 GrannieB Sebastian or Samson, can one of you send it out to the membership when it is finished?
22:32 The newsletter I mean
22:32 icarito ignacio, i will be running the election, it would be best to stay out
22:32 GrannieB I will see that it also goes out to variousl lists where prospective members may be lurking
22:33 icarito ignacio, but Laura will, so it's good to have sammeister and GrannieB to confirm election results ;-)
22:33 walterbender ignacio, I don't see any recent posts on that discussion list
22:33 icarito ignacio, she is actually not 100% sure to run anymore
22:33 GrannieB I just need some one to do the "mail merge" with the membership list
22:33 sammeister Yeah
22:33 ignacio icarito ➤ yay
22:34 walterbender ➤ maybe because you're not a member?
22:34 or are you?
22:34 walterbender no se
22:34 samdroid <samdroid!~sam@180.200.179.69> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:34 ignacio walterbender ➤ https://groups.google.com/foru[…]forum/gci-discuss
22:34 GrannieB Samson is that Yeah a yes to the mailing
22:34 ignacio agh not that link
22:34 icarito GrannieB, what do you mean with mail merge? we can set up a members only mailing list or use the surveying system that has it's own mailing handling
22:34 ignacio https://groups.google.com/foru[…]scuss/ATnuAGYXwX4
22:35 hi sammeister
22:35 hi samdroid * :P
22:35 samdroid ignacio: g'day
22:35 GrannieB When the newsletter is finished we were going to both post it to the Sugar Labs website and send it out as an emailed pdf to all current members
22:36 sammeister GrannieB, not exactly I referring to Sebastian
22:36 ignacio GrannieB ➤ I will post it to Facebook too
22:36 GrannieB OK.  I hope the format will work on FB
22:36 walterbender and we can tweet about it
22:37 sammeister Does any know about the twitter account
22:37 walterbender sammeister, nope :P
22:38 sammeister That's sad
22:38 GrannieB Maybe a link on FB and twitter to tha version on the SL website
22:38 icarito sammeister, GrannieB did we have any other membership request pending? I only saw Sora's and Sandra's
22:38 ignacio We can contact twitter and ask for a password reset / new acc
22:38 walterbender sammeister, I will dig through my old email and see if I can figure it out
22:38 icarito somebody mentioned a Nancy but I haven't seen a membership request from her?
22:38 sammeister Nope not that I know of
22:38 CanoeBerry Nancie or Nancy?
22:38 icarito CanoeBerry, neither
22:39 GrannieB I'll check...
22:39 sammeister She did
22:39 She was the first
22:39 icarito sammeister, not to members@ she didn't, it seems
22:40 GrannieB I thought she did...
22:40 sammeister I didn't see CanoeBerry mail
22:41 Me too
22:42 icarito I don't see anything from her to members@
22:42 or any other list for that matter, requesting membership
22:42 sammeister Ignaci can you work on the Twitter retriever
22:42 icarito you probably have her confused with Sandra or Sora
22:42 ignacio sammeister ➤ sure
22:43 GrannieB No…. It wasn't Nancie… It was Sandra Thaxter. Sorry
22:43 sammeister OkAY
22:44 I forgot
22:44 icarito GrannieB, yes Sandra got her membership email on 30th
22:45 Cerlyn <Cerlyn!~cerlyn@107-143-88-205.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:46 GrannieB OK so we have 2 new members: Sandra and Sora.  Let's hear it for the ladies!
22:46 icarito yay :-)
22:46 walterbender good start
22:47 sammeister Cool
22:48 Walter still having issues with 0.106
22:48 Quozl` What's wrong with 0.106?
22:49 walterbender sammeister, yes... details please
22:49 ignacio sammeister ➤ was about JAMedia?
22:49 sammeister I can't connect to internet on xo-1,
22:49 Yes that toi
22:50 And it do freeze a lot
22:50 ignacio sammeister ➤ link of the image
22:50 I will test this night
22:51 sammeister You mean where I download the 0.106
22:51 ignacio sammeister ➤ yes
22:51 Quozl` sammeister: is there a ticket (bug) with version details and problem description?
22:51 sammeister wiku
22:52 wiki.laptop.org
22:53 ignacio ohh
22:53 os 13.2.5?
22:53 sammeister the latest build on the olpc site
22:53 Yeah
22:53 Quozl` finally, some useful feedback for me?  ;-)
22:53 ignacio I will test
22:53 Quozl` sammeister: is that with SD card or on internal Flash?
22:54 ignacio Quozl` ➤ http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12869
22:54 Quozl` sammeister: when it freezes, what is it that freezes; display, backlight, mouse cursor?
22:55 sammeister You mean what I used in flashing the xo
22:55 ignacio Quozl` ➤ why removed? It should be fixed
22:55 Quozl` ignacio: good idea, please do.  see #4299 as well?
22:56 walterbender needs to get going...
22:56 Quozl` walterbender: bye!
22:56 walterbender thanks for all the updates
22:56 ignacio ttyl walterbender
22:56 Quozl` ➤ I will look
22:56 sammeister Display,  backlight and mouse cursor sometimes
22:56 walterbender GrannieB, I'll send you stuff ASAP
22:57 sammeister Bye
22:57 icarito sammeister, sounds like out of memory...
22:57 Quozl` sammeister: does it happen on another XO-1?  i ask because the heat spreader in the XO-1 can shift slightly, increasing CPU temperature, causing freeze until it cools again.
22:57 icarito: which is unlikely given that 13.2.5 now uses a swap partition on loopback.
22:58 icarito Quozl`, wow I didn't notice that
22:58 nice ;-)
22:58 Quozl` icarito: do keep up.  ;-)
22:58 icarito sorry
22:58 ignacio I need to go, school :(
22:58 ttyl
22:58 Quozl` ignacio: bye.
22:58 GrannieB Adam… call when you get back to USA… but not on Sunday.
22:58 sammeister I haven't tested it on another machine
22:58 Quozl` sammeister: can you test it on another machine?
22:59 CanoeBerry GrannieB: will do.
22:59 Quozl` sammeister: or if you don't have another machine, work with someone who does, tell them what to do to make it happen, see if it also happens for them.
23:00 meeting * Jose_Miguel-es has joined
23:00 CanoeBerry Any other crucial business now that it's 7PM EDT? Very dark here in Haiti now, and I/Bernie need to run very shortly.
23:00 sammeister I have just one machine expect I will visit schlumberger this week and check in their xos
23:00 JM__ <JM__!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:00 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Hello!
23:00 Quozl` sammeister: thanks, keep us informed.
23:00 sammeister Hi
23:01 No problem
23:01 Quozl` JM__: one hour late!
23:01 walterbender has quit IRC
23:01 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> How late?
23:01 Quozl` CanoeBerry: enjoy your evening.
23:01 JM__: the meeting was to start one hour ago.  we did not have quorum.  not enough people.
23:02 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> It was not 23 UTC?
23:02 <Jose_Miguel-es> I'm sorry!
23:03 Cerlyn the last notice said GMT 2300 IIRC
23:03 Quozl` JM__: you are right, it is 23 UTC now, so Walter Bender again made mistake in time zone calculation.
23:03 JM__: and, actually, he also said 10AM Sydney, which is now as well.
23:03 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> Ah! Therefore there was not *quorum...
23:04 <Jose_Miguel-es> If, I looked UTC, no the hour of Boston...
23:04 <Jose_Miguel-es> It remained *reprogramada?
23:04 Quozl` ... so Walter, Claudia and many people obeyed the 6PM Boston part of Walter's mail!
23:04 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> It remained *re *agendada?
23:04 <Jose_Miguel-es> It remained for another day?
23:05 sammeister has quit IRC
23:06 icarito oh I didnt notice for once, and I thought I did doublecheck
23:06 Quozl` JM__: yes, perhaps the meeting will be called again for another day.  i've replied to walter's meeting reminder mail suggesting he only announce UTC.
23:06 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> *Ok. *Bye!
23:06 icarito i checked London time thinking it was UTC but it isnt!
23:07 Quozl` ... this is so frustrating.  ;-}
23:07 meeting <Jose_Miguel-es> *Yes!
23:07 GrannieB has quit IRC
23:07 meeting * Jose_Miguel has quit (Quit: Page closed)
23:08 icarito Quozl`, yes it would be much simpler if he only announced in UTC
23:09 it's kind of not funny anymore
23:11 JM__ has quit IRC
23:15 germanrs has left #sugar-meeting
23:59 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster