Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2015-08-07

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
10:17 ClaudiaU has quit IRC
10:17 ClaudiaU <ClaudiaU!~ClaudiaU@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:17 meeting * ClaudiaU-es has joined
10:52 jo0nas has quit IRC
10:54 satellit has quit IRC
10:55 satellit <satellit!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:01 jo0nas <jo0nas!jonas@188-183-5-254-static.dk.customer.tdc.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:02 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:15 satellit_e has quit IRC
14:22 artista <artista!artista___@nat/iiit/x-ipgcqvfhytiyxlat> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:34 artista has quit IRC
14:42 artista <artista!artista___@nat/iiit/x-adzlfdjpgclahggy> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:45 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:48 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@213-245-230-198.rev.numericable.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:55 pikurasa <pikurasa!~pikurasa@c-73-167-118-213.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:55 walterbender hello everyone
14:56 pikurasa hello!
14:56 walterbender mohayon, took a peek at the Turtle patch
14:56 looks good
14:56 can you make a PR?
14:57 pikurasa, hi
14:58 artista hello :)
14:58 walterbender hi artista
15:00 pikurasa Walter, I am beginning to look the name Music-Blocks more and more as the project develops. :p
15:02 mohayon Hi everyone
15:02 Thanks, I'm doing this right now
15:02 artista hi mohayon, :)
15:04 k_yash <k_yash!Thunderbir@nat/iiit/x-ftcyigcgphapnhxb> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:05 walterbender #start-meeting
15:05 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug  7 15:05:01 2015 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:05 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:05 walterbender mohayon, wanna start us off?
15:05 mohayon Yes !
15:05 So this week I've been working on the Record activity.
15:06 It's pretty simple. Photo/Video/Audio recordings
15:06 Difficulties are : Phone compatibility vs Desktop Browser compatibility
15:07 For the phone part I'm using an official cordova plugin : https://github.com/apache/cord[…]gin-media-capture
15:07 (Phone/Tablet)
15:07 And for the desktop part : recordrtc.org
15:08 There are several limitations for the desktop part
15:08 walterbender struggles with all things multimedia when trying to work in both worlds :P
15:08 mohayon As audio recording is still a hack, you need a stereo mic on chrome
15:08 And you can only record audio+video in firefox
15:09 As the main goal for now is phone/tablet it should be ok but I really hope that the APIs will get updated
15:09 ishan28mkip <ishan28mkip!dce39546@gateway/web/freenode/ip.220.227.149.70> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:09 mohayon Yes multimedia is really tricky for bad reasons.
15:09 I also worked on two palettes for sugarizer
15:10 First one is a color palette
15:10 I changed my code a little and it's now really simple to integrate in sugarweb apps
15:10 llaske will try it soon for one of his apps
15:10 Second palettes is the collaboration one
15:11 With listing of people as they enter/exit.
15:11 I had to do it for Paint and I'm making easier to integrate
15:11 *making it
15:12 walterbender we should hopefully be able to use the same in the Turtle collaboration work
15:13 mohayon :). I also worked onto turtleblocksjs modification to run it inside sugarizer
15:13 walterbender looking forward to merging the PR
15:13 mohayon Had some troubles since localStorage is forbidden on chrome and datastore async on XO+chrome
15:14 But what I did is simply a mock of localStorage which it saved using sugar-web calls
15:14 Added some links to sugarizer to get the app listed and persistance of the current projects
15:15 The list is inside the github pr : https://github.com/walterbende[…]blocksjs/pull/230
15:15 walterbender thanks
15:15 any questions for mohayon?
15:16 artista, want to go next?
15:16 artista yeah sure
15:17 This week I thought to give mocha a try as I was not able to mock dependency using jasmine.
15:17 With the help of sinon and mocha , I have managed to do it in a simple sample calculator app.
15:17 I have prepared a doc with the list of tools I thought we should be using, https://docs.google.com/docume[…]FA/edit#heading=h.k68i75efzks0
15:17 I have also updated my git rep with the setup for this sample calculator app.
15:18 walterbender artista, would be good to send this to sugar-devel too
15:18 artista The current set-up also allows to look at percentage of test coverage which I've managed by blanket.
15:18 walterbender would be good for everyone to comment
15:19 hopefully this will be a point of departure for adding unit tests to all the JS apps
15:19 artista Yeah sure, I would mail just after the meeting.
15:19 walterbender thx
15:19 artista My next task would be to set this setup for turtle, I'm expecting this to be little quicker this time. And then maybe we could write some actual tests.
15:19 walterbender +1
15:20 we need to think about what exactly we want to test
15:20 artista yeah after setting we can think on it
15:24 We could also put it on our wiki page
15:27 k_yash Can I jump in now? :)
15:30 walterbender k_yash, please start
15:31 k_yash Hi, I made the matrix generatable by pitch and rhythm blocks
15:31 And also made the matrix play notes with different beat values
15:32 walterbender k_yash, nice progress
15:32 pikurasa https://sugarizingmusic.wordpr[…]/07/advancements/
15:32 k_yash made sharp and flat blocks for pitch transformations
15:33 yeah, I putted all the advancements here^ :)
15:33 thanks pikurasa
15:34 walterbender k_yash, so.. from the UI POV, I am thinking of a workslow something like this:
15:34 create a Matrix stack
15:34 running the Matrix stack brings up the modal editing window
15:34 in that window you design the chuck
15:35 the window should have two buttons: generate chunk and close
15:35 generate chuck should create the chunk
15:35 k_yash In the new window matrix will be displayed, right
15:35 walterbender we can worry latter about going from the chunk back to the editor
15:35 k_yash, this way, we can just use one workspace
15:35 and we don
15:36 t need the extra blocks you were using before to generate chunks
15:36 k_yash, make sense?
15:36 k_yash I am using only save matrix block to generate chunk
15:37 walterbender k_yash, but we can just add a button to the editor window
15:37 no need for a save matrix block
15:37 it is more consistent that way
15:38 k_yash, there is one other thing
15:38 k_yash In the modal window the matrix will be there, user can edit the matrix and can just click on the generate chunks button to create the chunk
15:38 walterbender yes
15:38 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:602:200:ce50:c23f:d5ff:fe6a:eb77> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:38 pikurasa Is this modal window a popup window?
15:38 or is it within the original window?
15:39 k_yash pikurasa, I think it should be a popup window
15:39 pikurasa Okay. People like me will have to change their browser settings, but okay.
15:40 Will that work on mobile/tablet/phones?
15:40 walterbender pikurasa, I think it could be done like the planet or like the utilities palette
15:40 k_yash no sorry, I thought popup window in some other sense
15:40 walterbender that'll work without a "popup"
15:41 pikurasa okay. whew...
15:41 k_yash walterbender, yeah planet like window makes sense
15:41 pikurasa that is a relief.
15:41 walterbender but the point is, make it more distinct as an object
15:41 right now it seems to be part of the canvas, which I think is confusing
15:41 and it will be more obvious how to add/use buttons
15:41 k_yash okay
15:42 walterbender any other comments for k_yash ?
15:42 pikurasa Yes, that makes sense.
15:42 Good work Yash.
15:42 walterbender k_yash, off line I want to talk in more detail about the Pitch block arguments
15:42 k_yash Thanks pikurasa :)
15:42 walterbender, sure
15:42 ishan28mkip can I go next?
15:42 walterbender ishan28mkip, sure
15:43 ishan28mkip The basic version of turtle Blocks 3D now works albeit with small bugs
15:44 I have posted detailed updates in the github commits.
15:44 https://github.com/ishan28mkip[…]/commits/gh-pages
15:44 http://ishan28mkip.github.io/turtle3D/
15:45 The HTML label is giving me problems at the moment, and I need to update the hit area for the blocks after expansion.
15:46 artista_ <artista_!~androirc@106.220.209.27> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:46 ishan28mkip with these bugs sorted out, it will be completely usable.
15:47 walterbender ishan28mkip, really cool
15:47 ishan28mkip Over the weekend I will patch these and some other bugs that are appearing when I am testing it.
15:48 Next week I plan to add other features which we had discussed earlier like chase cam and svg output.
15:49 walterbender ishan28mkip, +1
15:49 ishan28mkip, I wonder if we can use the colors of your cursor as special colors for the 3 different forward blocks?
15:49 to make it clear which is x, y, and z
15:50 ishan28mkip I am also working on adding the blocks to javascript and reverse feature we talked about in the very beginning, would work on it in the next weekend.
15:50 walterbender cool
15:50 ishan28mkip will do so. :)
15:51 walterbender after all the prep work, it is finally coming together
15:51 any questions for ishan28mkip ?
15:52 OK
15:53 not sure anyone else is here today
15:53 we are in our final weeks... time to make a last big push
15:53 thanks everyone
15:53 #end-meeting
15:53 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug  7 15:53:48 2015 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:53 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-07T15:05:01.html
15:53 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]15-08-07T15:05:01
15:53 ishan28mkip has quit IRC
15:54 artista_ has quit IRC
16:02 k_yash has quit IRC
16:02 pikurasa has quit IRC
16:08 walterbender mohayon, the i18n patches you made for turtle should be made in the PO file, not the localization.ini file :P
16:10 mohayon Oh that is exactly what I was looking for
16:10 that is so better
16:11 walterbender mohayon, I run a script to generate localization.ini
16:13 mohayon, can you resubmit the PR w/o the translation patches?
16:13 and we can do that separately?
16:15 mohayon Okay, doing this right now
16:16 Is it ok if a just repush the old file onto my branch or should I try to rebase things ?
16:17 walterbender whatever is easiest
16:20 mohayon I pushed the branch again. The PR has been automatically updated.
16:40 artista has quit IRC
17:16 meeting_ <meeting_!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:16 MelissaHT has quit IRC
17:17 meeting has quit IRC
17:17 reubencaron has quit IRC
17:18 MelissaHT <MelissaHT!~quassel@owl.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:18 reubencaron <reubencaron!~reubencar@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:18 meeting_ * MelissaHT-es has joined
17:20 mohayon has quit IRC
18:47 CanoeBerry_ <CanoeBerry_!~CanoeBerr@14.139.250.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:52 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
18:54 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!CanoeBerry@c-98-217-71-3.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:20 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
19:42 CanoeBerry_ has quit IRC
19:54 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@14.139.250.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:56 satellit_e has quit IRC
19:58 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
20:14 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@14.139.250.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:38 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:38 satellit_ has quit IRC
22:39 ClaudiaU_ <ClaudiaU_!~ClaudiaU@antitheft.laptop.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:40 meeting * ClaudiaU_-es has joined
22:49 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
22:49 walterbender has quit IRC
22:49 satellit has quit IRC
22:49 ClaudiaU has quit IRC
22:53 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@14.139.250.98> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:00 satellit <satellit!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:03 satellit_ <satellit_!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:06 satellit has quit IRC
23:31 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:602:200:ce50:c23f:d5ff:fe6a:eb77> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster