Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2015-06-12

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
10:58 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:23 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:36 walterbender has quit IRC
14:03 artista <artista!~artista__@183.82.109.123> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:48 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@87-231-208-31.rev.numericable.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:54 tch__ <tch__!~tch@host-1-217.b12.cvc.com.py> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:54 tch__ ping gsoc students :)
14:56 mohayon pong :)
14:56 k_yash <k_yash!Thunderbir@nat/iiit/x-kdwafrezkskclbqa> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:57 artista has quit IRC
14:57 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@static-qvn-qvs-168097.busi​ness.bouyguestelecom.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:57 sehgalvibhor <sehgalvibhor!3bb23b95@gateway/web/freenode/ip.59.178.59.149> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:59 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.212.66.54> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:00 tony37 <tony37!~tony@89.16.193.246> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 tony37 hello
15:01 tch__ lets wait 5 minutes for more students to arrive
15:01 tony37, hola!
15:01 k_yash hello :)
15:01 ishan28mkip <ishan28mkip!~ishanshar@150.107.165.1> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 tony37 ok
15:01 artista <artista!~androirc@106.220.151.17> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 ishan28mkip hello :)
15:02 richashi <richashi!~vijaysehg@c-73-189-173-25.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:03 abhinav Hello
15:03 richashi Hi everyone!
15:06 tch__ #startmeeting
15:06 k_yash I think we all are here
15:06 meeting Meeting started Fri Jun 12 15:06:39 2015 UTC. The chair is tch__. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:06 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:06 k_yash tch__ may I start?
15:06 tch__ hello everyone :) thanks for coming!
15:06 who wants to jump in first?
15:07 k_yash, go ahead
15:07 k_yash tch__ This week I added functionality of transforming matrix into staff and marks on it into musical notation.
15:07 I also integrated the prototype I made earlier.
15:08 https://sugarizingmusic.wordpr[…]2/music-notation/
15:08 tch__ k_yash, looking
15:08 k_yash tch__ I asked Devin and Marnen for feedback and suggestions
15:09 tch__ k_yash, looks really cool
15:09 k_yash Devin is busy this week at Boston guitar fest...so he couldn't make up today
15:10 tch__ k_yash, just curious (I think i asked this before), but are you planning to move these features to a separate app?
15:10 k_yash, or will be part of TB?
15:12 k_yash tch__ I am developing this over TB, and decreasing functionalities of TB side-by-side
15:12 tch__ k_yash, got it, ok
15:12 k_yash, anything else you want to mention?
15:13 k_yash tch__, nothing from my side :)
15:13 thanks!!
15:13 tch__ k_yash, alright thanks :)
15:13 whos next?
15:13 mohayon I'm ready :)
15:13 tch__ mohayon, please start
15:14 mohayon So, Hi everyone.
15:14 This week I've improved the Calc App.
15:14 I made it compatible with chrome webapps
15:15 It was a pain because most math libraries are using eval()
15:15 So with llaske with thought about a "light mode"
15:15 *we
15:15 I've updated the ui
15:16 http://gyazo.com/e80e5bda4f79d0e9e3be7174fce2dba4
15:16 it's more "modern"
15:16 tch__ mohayon, I like it! nice colors selection
15:16 mohayon Thanks :)
15:16 I've planned to finish this app at the end of the week
15:17 That means, button on the palette to pick up math functions
15:17 like sin/cos
15:17 And hope I will be able to start the Paint app on sunday
15:17 tch__ mohayon, is it running in sugarizer too?
15:17 mohayon Yep
15:18 tch__ mohayon, very nice,
15:18 mohayon Platforms are sugarizer/android/ios/firefox/sugar
15:18 Lot of testing time :)
15:18 tch__ mohayon, is well worth it, if you generate the .xo bundle feel free to send it to sugar-devel mailing list
15:18 mohayon I forgot, one last thing is translation support
15:19 tch__ mohayon, I am sure more people will give it a try
15:19 mohayon llaske linked me some code
15:19 Okay, will do it :)
15:19 I'll also blog as soon as I got the button on the palette
15:20 And that's it I think
15:20 Marnen <Marnen!~Marnen@cpe-74-76-55-113.nycap.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:20 tch__ mohayon, ok, thanks for the updates!
15:20 who wants to jump in?
15:21 artista maybe i can
15:21 tch__ artista, please do!
15:22 artista this week i had return block completed
15:23 it is functional
15:23 tch__ artista, any live demo? :)
15:24 artista we were working on passing arguments to a function and in the process created some protoblocks to achieve that
15:28 so we are now re modelling calculate a nd do blocks
15:28 tch__ artista, I think i saw screenshots of these bocks on facebook, it would be nice to be able to test it, don't think it would take you much time to have some instance running on github
15:29 artista i had the screenshot posted on the blog
15:30 tch__ artista, alright, anything else? ;)
15:31 artista we have also been going through writing some test cases and setting the testing environment for it
15:31 we choose jasmine + karma for it
15:32 i would now start writing some tests this week
15:34 do you have any questions?
15:34 tch__ artista, not really, thanks for the update, we need to move on  :)
15:34 ishan28mkip can I go next? :)
15:34 tch__ ishan28mkip, go go!
15:36 ishan28mkip This week due to to several problems in developing 2D graphics and mouse events with three.js
15:36 walter and I had decided that we would use 2 libraries, one for 2D and other for 3D
15:37 but now I have finally decided to go with only three.js
15:37 the only problem is that I have to develop many libraries on the way to develop the code
15:37 which I did this week
15:38 I created a library that adds DOM like mouse events to three.js
15:38 and many other 2D utiities that are not existing in three.js
15:38 like bounding box
15:38 Then I started porting the turtlejs code directly to three.js
15:39 http://ishan28mkip.github.io/turtle3D/
15:40 currently I have ported error artworks and message containers.
15:42 mouse events code : https://github.com/ishan28mkip[…]/js/utils.js#L125
15:45 tch__: ?
15:45 tch__ ishan28mkip, sorry, had to deal with something here, reading!
15:46 ishan28mkip, think these extensions to three.js can be upstreamed?
15:47 ishan28mkip, not necessarily important for the project, but sounds useful
15:47 ishan28mkip I will definitely release them as independent libraries
15:48 but after the project
15:48 tch__ ishan28mkip, +1
15:48 ishan28mkip, make sense
15:48 ishan28mkip releasing them would help the project as bugs would also be found.
15:48 tch__ ishan28mkip, true
15:49 ishan28mkip this week I plan to port the palettes.
15:49 and then integrate my prototype with it.
15:50 tch__ ishan28mkip, sounds like surgery hah
15:50 ishan28mkip :)
15:50 tch__ ishan28mkip, alright, anything else you want to mention?
15:50 ishan28mkip not really :)
15:51 richashi Can I go next?
15:51 abhinav I want to come in next if ishan28mkip is done
15:51 tch__ ishan28mkip, thanks :)
15:51 richashi, you got first
15:51 richashi, go ahead!
15:51 abhinav :)
15:51 ishan28mkip haha hard luck abhinav
15:51 :)
15:51 tch__ abhinav, he won for a ms
15:51 richashi Hi everyone :), thanks abhinav :p
15:51 abhinav I know
15:51 :(
15:51 Go richashi
15:51 richashi So, this week I worked on adding the Open/ Save functionality. I iterated over many design options and discussed with Tony about advantages and disadvantages of each. Earlier we were thinking that while only saving html file, css and javascript files would automatically get saved. I could implement that but there was a problem of opening html file and the other 2 files to open automatically.
15:52 Finally we picked one design. So, the user writes in the three text boxes of HTML, javascript and css, and when he/ she clicks on the save button, the html file is saved and the javascript and css code is saved in relevant tags in the same html file (javascript code is saved inside <script></script> tags and css code is saved inside <style></style> tags).
15:52 Similarly, while opening html file, it detects the javascript and css part and opens it in the respective sections of the shell.
15:53 This week I am planning to push the shell with “Open/ Save” functionality added on github
15:54 I have written about it in my blog also: http://richa-gsoc.tumblr.com/
15:56 tch__ richashi, have you considered using tabs instead of boxes to maximize space?
15:57 richashi I am still working on managing space part. That is precisely the next part of the project
15:57 Using tabs is a great idea! and I will be thinking in those lines too
15:57 :)
15:57 tony37 on XO, there is only one tab visible - might make it difficult to get the immediacy of changing css or html
15:58 richashi I meant…sub tabs within the shell
15:58 tony37 I think the screeen may have to be dynamic depending on what the user is doing
15:58 richashi yeah makes sense :)
15:58 tch__ richashi, so did i ;)
15:59 tony37, richashi is up to you both :)
15:59 I am just throwing thoughts
15:59 away
15:59 haha
15:59 tony37 another thing to be considered is saving/opening from the Journal
16:00 richashi it’s always good to get ideas :)
16:01 currently I have tried on my laptop. The file is saved in “Downloads”. but I will see how to make the default folder point to Journal folder
16:02 tch__ richashi, make sure to check sugar's object chooser
16:02 anindya <anindya!6a33e830@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.51.232.48> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:02 richashi okay!
16:02 tony37 We are very fortunate that Roshan Poudya has volunteered to join the project as co-mentor (roshan.poudyal@olenepal.org)
16:02 tch__ tony37, nice :
16:02 )
16:02 tony37 Sorry, should be Poudyal
16:04 tch__ richashi, anything else? :)
16:05 richashi I will discuss with you various idea on space management. But that is it for today :)
16:06 tch__ richashi, alright thanks :)
16:06 abhinav tch__, Should I jump in?
16:06 tch__ abhinav, your turn :)
16:06 abhinav Thanks. :)
16:06 Hello everyone
16:06 tch__ llaske, still around?
16:06 llaske Yes I am
16:06 abhinav Awesome
16:07 So following from our last IRC session
16:07 First of all, I want show www.abhinavanurag.me/randomTR
16:08 The text/message to be sent may not be random
16:08 But, this activity uses the server.sugarizer.js to the best of its capabilities.
16:09 If u all are on the site, there are few instructions to play with it
16:09 tch__ abhinav, sure, lead us ;)
16:09 abhinav 1. In order to share the activity, Use share button
16:10 tch__ done
16:10 abhinav 2. In order to connect to a shared activity, Click on show groups button on the right side
16:10 3. Click on the group u want to connect
16:10 tch__ join 48bb76bf-2882-4a3c-af17-b35e08f05414
16:11 abhinav The group buttons have the groupID as their text
16:11 Marnen cool!
16:12 tch__ the strings are as random as we can be ;) ha
16:12 abhinav Thanks.
16:12 Marnen even works on my iPhone.
16:13 abhinav Marnen, Thanks for informing. I didnt check in the iPhone
16:13 So, moving forward
16:14 First of all, anyone facing any problems with the activity??
16:14 tch__ not me, works fine
16:14 abhinav Cool
16:15 So, as we can see one can only send message to a group as of now
16:15 I didnt code for user-to-user direct communication intentionally
16:16 tch__ abhinav, that is ok, so it connects, retrives groups, joins groups and create groups,
16:16 abhinav Because I wanted to take some time in thinking something on the lines of peer-to-peer
16:16 tch__ llaske, is there anything missing in terms of sugarizer.server protocol?
16:17 llaske No, however, all things here use current presence API implementation. It's just a new client.
16:17 abhinav I hope I covered it all. llaske enlighten me in case I missed something
16:17 llaske What interesting me is what will come next
16:18 abhinav True
16:18 So next, as we discussed that day
16:18 Turtle.js could be the activity to go for
16:19 and make it use the sugarizer server
16:19 llaske Yes, do you think about that ?
16:19 abhinav Yeah, I did think about that.
16:19 mohayon has left #sugar-meeting
16:20 llaske What about documents we asked for ?
16:20 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@87-231-208-31.rev.numericable.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 abhinav I will attach it now
16:21 https://docs.google.com/docume[…]/edit?usp=sharing
16:21 It more or less covers all the interaction done between the server and the client
16:21 Just a summary of it.
16:22 I hope it explains the protocol well.
16:23 llaske It look like
16:23 abhinav llaske, Should I go ahead
16:24 llaske Yes
16:24 abhinav Cool.
16:24 So, next is turtle.js
16:26 Once again, turtle.js will be client and One needs to write code to connect,retrieve groups, join groups and create groups
16:26 and it will be no different that the current client
16:27 tch__ abhinav, I have one suggestion for the docs :)
16:27 abhinav tch__, Sure
16:27 tch__ abhinav, even though I am not a fan of UML, I think you could use a sequence diagram to document the comm protocol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequence_diagram
16:28 abhinav tch__, If u say so, I will try
16:28 tch__ abhinav, if done well, it will be easier to understand..
16:28 llaske +1
16:28 abhinav True
16:28 tch__ abhinav, ok, please continue with turtle part
16:29 abhinav Cool.
16:29 So as I was saying, just the message structure will be different
16:30 As then, we will be sending diffs on even the minor event like mousedown
16:30 We just need to finalise on that
16:30 tch__ abhinav, I suggest you go for something more simple
16:30 abhinav tch__, like?
16:31 llaske something like a share button may be ?
16:31 tch__ abhinav, only sync code on specific even like, when the user "plays" his code
16:31 abhinav OK. On every click of share button, sync it
16:31 ryt?
16:31 tch__ abhinav, just to skip too much complexity
16:31 artista_ <artista_!~androirc@106.220.162.43> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:31 tch__ abhinav, if that works, then you can consider more detailed sync
16:32 abhinav Yeah. That would obviously be easier to handle
16:32 True.
16:32 tch__, +1
16:32 satellit_e has quit IRC
16:32 tch__ yeah, just go for simple first.. or will end up wasting too much time to grabbing events etc, which is not critical now
16:32 Marnen has quit IRC
16:33 abhinav So, I guess, unless I dont start working on turtle collaboration
16:33 artista has quit IRC
16:33 abhinav I wont the clear picture of the difficulties
16:33 So, I plan to do it in the next week
16:33 tch__ abhinav, llaske lets leave the details for later , the meeting time ran out :)
16:33 abhinav tch__, llaske Should I go for it
16:33 tch__ (a while ago)
16:34 thank you everyone for coming :)
16:34 is time to end the meeting
16:34 abhinav Thanks evryone
16:34 tch__ see you next week!
16:34 #endmeeting
16:34 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jun 12 16:34:54 2015 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:34 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-12T15:06:39.html
16:34 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]15-06-12T15:06:39
16:36 tch__ abhinav, +1, focus on that, try to get something that works, I think TB already supports multiple turtles,  so is just a matter of passing code, inject that into a turtle and make sure it gets exec, then update on sync and repeat
16:36 abhinav, does not have to be perfect at first
16:37 tony37 has quit IRC
16:37 abhinav tch__, +1
16:37 sehgalvibhor has quit IRC
16:37 abhinav tch__, Will give u the update about turtle in few days
16:37 thanks :)
16:38 ishan28mkip has quit IRC
16:38 llaske has quit IRC
16:42 abhinav has quit IRC
16:43 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.212.66.54> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:47 mohayon has quit IRC
16:50 anindya has quit IRC
16:50 artista_ has quit IRC
16:53 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:8:8800:99a:c23f:d5ff:fe6a:eb77> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:03 richashi has quit IRC
17:11 richashi <richashi!~vijaysehg@c-73-189-173-25.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:15 ishan28mkip <ishan28mkip!~ishanshar@150.107.165.1> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:17 ishan28mkip has left #sugar-meeting
18:38 richashi has quit IRC
20:07 abhinav has quit IRC
20:07 mtd has quit IRC
20:07 mtd <mtd!~martin@154.58.86.150> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:08 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.212.66.54> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:21 k_yash has left #sugar-meeting
20:27 abhinav has quit IRC
20:32 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.212.66.54> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:49 tch__ has quit IRC
20:55 abhinav has quit IRC
21:02 tch__ <tch__!~tch@host-1-217.b12.cvc.com.py> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:29 tch__ has quit IRC
23:33 satellit_e has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster