Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2015-05-29

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:50 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:02 walterbender has quit IRC
01:57 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:05 walterbender has quit IRC
06:53 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
09:59 gonzalo__ <gonzalo__!~gonzalo@190.173.14.245> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:22 satellit_e has quit IRC
10:56 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:15 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:24 walterbender has quit IRC
12:01 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@173.48.24.253> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:33 crusher_e0bc <crusher_e0bc!31f81fe2@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.248.31.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:10 sehgalvibhor <sehgalvibhor!0e623e98@gateway/web/freenode/ip.14.98.62.152> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:27 sehgalvibhor has quit IRC
13:28 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:8:8800:99a:468a:5bff:fe31:faeb> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:48 crusher_e0bc has quit IRC
13:54 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.219.126.238> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:03 crusher_e0bc <crusher_e0bc!31f81fe2@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.248.31.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:04 tony37 <tony37!~tony@ipservice-092-208-083-155.09​2.208.pools.vodafone-ip.de> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:09 abhinav has quit IRC
14:10 tony37 has quit IRC
14:20 crusher_e0bc has quit IRC
14:21 crusher_e0bc <crusher_e0bc!31f81fe2@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.248.31.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:24 tony37 <tony37!~tony@ipservice-092-208-083-155.09​2.208.pools.vodafone-ip.de> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:29 tony37 has quit IRC
14:31 tony37 <tony37!~tony@ipservice-092-208-083-155.09​2.208.pools.vodafone-ip.de> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:32 tony37 hello
14:33 walterbender hi tony37
14:37 crusher_e0bc tony37: hi
14:38 mohayon <mohayon!~mohayon@87-231-208-31.rev.numericable.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:38 tony37 hi
14:39 walterbender well get tarted in about 15 minutes
14:39 we'll
14:46 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.219.126.238> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:54 mohayon z
14:54 Hello everyone
14:54 walterbender hi mohayon
14:55 crusher_e0bc has quit IRC
14:55 dhawanutkarsh <dhawanutkarsh!31f81fe2@gateway/web/freenode/ip.49.248.31.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:55 dhawanutkarsh hi
14:57 artista <artista!~artista__@5.39.30.32> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:59 abhinav Hello People
15:00 walterbender lets begin
15:00 #start-meeting
15:00 meeting Meeting started Fri May 29 15:00:36 2015 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:00 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:00 ishan28mkip <ishan28mkip!~holoirc@150.107.165.103> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 ishan28mkip Hello everyone :)
15:01 llaske <llaske!~chatzilla@163.5.55.25> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 walterbender did everyone have a good week?
15:01 tony37 great!
15:01 walterbender mohayon, wanna start off with an update?
15:01 mohayon Yes, of course
15:02 abhinav awesome
15:02 ishan28mkip Hey walter can I go next after mohayon.
15:02 Week was great
15:03 mohayon So, I finished setting up my whole dev environment, that means Android, iOS, firefoxOS, Web and XO. :)
15:03 And started working on the Calc app
15:04 walterbender needs a similar setup
15:04 mohayon I'm currently working on the responsivness
15:04 With llaske we agreed on supporting low resolutions
15:05 walterbender any platform in particular giving you problems?
15:05 mohayon So there are many tests :)
15:05 Not yet
15:05 I was using flexbox at first
15:05 But managed to remove them
15:06 I used fledbox for vertical align purposes
15:06 I've update my GSoC blog as well : sugarizingparis2015.blogspot.com
15:06 richashi <richashi!~vijaysehg@c-73-189-173-25.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:06 mohayon http://sugarizingparis2015.blogspot.com
15:07 walterbender does the layout have to change much as the screen gets small?
15:07 mohayon I move the result under the typing area when the screen is too small
15:08 *results
15:08 walterbender and screen rotation?
15:08 mohayon It works too
15:08 walterbender great. it will be nice to have a good robust example
15:09 mohayon I'm using a small css framework called pure
15:09 It's like bootstrap grids
15:09 tony37 flexbox is a problem?
15:09 mohayon There's no polyfill for the new flexbox standard
15:09 So I prefered to use plain old css
15:10 tony37 ie again
15:10 mohayon Yep, some old firefox versions as well. Didn't wanted to redo the css again :)
15:11 walterbender and Chrome?
15:12 mohayon Chrome's acting like a charm
15:12 ruchi <ruchi!6a4e481b@gateway/web/freenode/ip.106.78.72.27> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:12 walterbender any more questions for mohayon ?
15:12 mohayon And chrome silents auto updates itself so no troubles
15:13 walterbender ishan28mkip, your turn...
15:13 ishan28mkip Hi
15:14 I have updated my blog
15:14 dhawanutkarsh hi
15:14 abhinav walterbender, After ishan28mkip , I would like to go
15:14 ishan28mkip turtle3d.wordpress.com
15:15 This week earlier I was working with turtle js modules directly
15:15 Porting them to three
15:15 But I had some difficulties in this process
15:15 walterbender it is a big task
15:16 ishan28mkip Working directly inside the file broke the project dependencies and hence testing was a problem
15:16 Yup :)
15:16 Now I am writing independent modules and will link them together later
15:17 Hope this is a okay approach?
15:17 walterbender ishan28mkip, we may want to use more of a model/view structure to the code
15:18 it is a bit of a hodgepodge right now
15:18 ishan28mkip That is fine.
15:18 I am used to working like that #nodejs :)
15:19 I have started work on drag and stick blocks. Hopefully will be done by tuesday.
15:20 Weekly progress and schedule is detailed on the blog :)
15:20 walterbender ishan28mkip, looking forward to it
15:21 let me know when you push to git
15:21 ishan28mkip Okay.
15:21 walterbender ishan28mkip, FYI, I made lots of progress in support of STL for 3D printers
15:22 will be more interesting in the 3D version, obviously
15:22 llaske oh TurtleArt for 3D printer ?
15:22 walterbender llaske, yes... you need one intermediate step
15:22 ishan28mkip Awesome :)
15:23 llaske Great !
15:23 walterbender to do an SVG to STL conversion
15:23 really fun stuff
15:23 I've been working with a teacher on it... making stamps and tiles
15:24 llaske cool.
15:24 ishan28mkip Oh. That's nice.
15:24 walterbender http://joshburker.blogspot.com[…]-3d-printing.html
15:24 abhinav, you ready?
15:25 abhinav walterbender, yeah sure
15:25 dhawanutkarsh walterbender: awesome (y)
15:25 ishan28mkip We have to implement this in the 3d version.
15:27 abhinav after doing a thorough study of sugarizer and my ideas on how to improve the current implementation, I came up with a reformed protocol for collaboration
15:27 walterbender http://joshburker.blogspot.com[…]bel/3D%20printing
15:27 abhinav And it is under constant scrutiny of llaske
15:28 walterbender abhinav, and tch?
15:28 abhinav talking about the improvements, I am very keen to use webRTC for peer-to-peer communication
15:29 as websockets doesn't extend peer-to-peer support
15:29 walterbender, i m in touch with tch as well
15:29 walterbender abhinav, peer to peer would be great
15:29 abhinav, let me know when you have something to test
15:30 abhinav so, in nutshell, for a user to collaborate in a shared activity, things would be normal
15:30 walterbender will roll it into Turtle
15:30 abhinav request going to the central server
15:30 and central server propagating it to other nodes interested in the shared activity
15:30 llaske sorry to break hope but I'm afraid webRTC peer-to-peer don't work without a central server for the moment :-(
15:31 walterbender maybe Weave will help? /me knows nothing about it yet
15:31 abhinav But I hope we will certainly gain some performane benefits over the normal approach
15:32 llaske Weave ?
15:32 mohayon From the Google I/O ?
15:32 walterbender yes
15:33 from the little I know, it will support a peer to peer protocol
15:33 abhinav cool, will certainly look into it
15:33 walterbender abhinav, might be a distraction in the short term
15:34 abhinav if its worth it, then why not?
15:34 walterbender abhinav, let's learn more about it
15:34 abhinav moving on
15:35 A meeting is scheduled for today with llaske and tch
15:35 llaske Like mohayon said, compatibility is a key here too
15:35 abhinav where we will finalise these things
15:35 walterbender abhinav, what time? If I can, I'll be a fly on the wall...
15:36 abhinav walterbender, just after this meet if we get tch by then
15:36 walterbender any other questions for abhinav ?
15:38 who is next? richashi ?
15:38 richashi yeah sure:). Hi everyone!
15:38 dhawanutkarsh hi
15:39 richashi So, I made a lot of progress. I am currently hacking in the sugar code base. :)
15:39 I looked into the “Browse activity” python files
15:40 and have integrated a working prototype of the “Interactive Javascript Shell” in the Browser
15:40 walterbender sounds great
15:40 richashi so, as of now, in this initial phase, I created an icon next to the “bookmark” icon, clicking which the shell opens
15:41 I have not solved one problem though
15:41 Currently I manuallly copy the icon picture and the html file in the build/out/* directory
15:41 I could not find how these can be copied
15:42 while building the sugar code automatically
15:42 that is the next part, and still have to discuss it with Tony
15:42 walterbender are they included in the git for Browse? it should be automagic
15:42 richashi I have not added into the git as of now
15:43 that might be the trick, I guess……I will try that
15:43 :)
15:43 In parallel, I am also testing the “Eloquent Javascript” examples on the the prototype and the ones I have tested….they are working as of now
15:44 but a lot more are still left to go
15:44 walterbender richashi, lots of the summer to go as well :)
15:44 richashi yeah :)
15:45 walterbender any questions for richashi ?
15:45 tony37, any comments?
15:45 tony37 lots to do and so little time
15:45 walterbender tony37, such is life :)
15:45 richashi Hi Tony….I didn’t know you were here!
15:45 ishan28mkip has quit IRC
15:45 walterbender hence the power of the community
15:45 richashi I will send you a screenshot of the progress
15:46 walterbender richashi, do you have a blog?
15:46 richashi not as of now
15:46 walterbender richashi, please set up a blog... good way to share progress
15:47 richashi should I make one on the sugar wiki?
15:47 tony37 Any suggestions for a name for the interactive javascript shell - some I tried are taken - webber seems possible
15:47 walterbender richashi, anywhere that is convenient
15:47 tony37, webify?
15:47 richashi okay :)
15:48 walterbender who are we missing?
15:48 tony37 there is a webify company
15:48 walterbender yash is not available today :P
15:48 tony37 dhawanutkarsh
15:49 richashi I will also think of a cool name!
15:49 walterbender tony37, I imaging web* is pretty well covered
15:49 sehgalvibhor <sehgalvibhor!3bb290ff@gateway/web/freenode/ip.59.178.144.255> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:49 dhawanutkarsh hi
15:49 artista can I start?
15:49 walterbender dhawanutkarsh, hi
15:49 richashi ;)
15:49 walterbender let's let artista go and then, if dhawanutkarsh wants to report...
15:49 artista,
15:49 artista hello everyone
15:50 I started reading the code and experimenting with it, in order to understand the functioning of the block and running of  turtle js.
15:50 dhawanutkarsh Me and 2 more guys are working on web confusion under tony37
15:50 yeah no problem
15:50 artista Code for handling multiple turtles,unhighlighting and some functions made it longer than expected.
15:51 Target was to get the design plan for the calculate and args block
15:51 walterbender artista, it is a bit of a tangle... need to do some cleaning up
15:51 artista seeing if the written functions and protoblocks can be used for the new blocks.
15:51 richashi has quit IRC
15:51 walterbender artista, maybe we can work on some unit tests?
15:51 artista walterbender, I had it made it more messy .. :P
15:51 will clean it up
15:52 yeah sure unit tests will be be good
15:52 Currently I'm not able to think of method other than using argument stack for passing arguments
15:53 Will continue to think on it more and experiment with it for couple of days
15:53 walterbender artista, look at how they do it in scratch and blocky
15:53 some ideas there
15:53 ruchi has left #sugar-meeting
15:54 artista ok will look at it.
15:54 will share with you if find something of interest
15:55 walterbender abhinav, meanwhile, adding a return block would be good, independent of solving the arg problem
15:55 abhinav walterbender, sorry, couldnt get the reference
15:57 walterbender abhinav, we want to not just add args to actions but also to be able to return a value from a function
15:57 richashi <richashi!~vijaysehg@c-73-189-173-25.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:58 artista walterbender, are you addressing me? I think there is a confusion
15:58 abhinav walterbender, i am not working on the project u r referring to
15:59 walterbender artista, ^^
16:00 sorry abhinav
16:00 artista walterbender, we can think on return part. I thought to first solve the arg problem and then go to the return.
16:00 walterbender autocomplete :(
16:00 artista, the UI for return is less complicated :P
16:01 artista yes it is
16:02 While reading the code I also tried to put together the constraints as in domain constraints that will help to write the debugging part
16:03 walterbender not sure I understand
16:03 richashi ````````````
16:04 artista constraints of the block as in for multiply block arg should be number and like that
16:04 richashi (sorry)
16:04 walterbender artista, yeah
16:05 artista, I had a more formal set of checks in the Python version
16:05 but there are some in place already
16:05 you cannot attach a string block to a divide block
16:06 artista yeah I found some checks in js too but some were missing
16:06 walterbender but you can attach it to the plus block, which acts like concat
16:06 artista, we can make a better abstraction for that part of the code
16:07 anything else for now?
16:07 artista Will add to  to-do list :)
16:08 walterbender thanks for the update
16:08 your blog URL?
16:09 artista I have had it setup but it is not updated
16:09 walterbender OK... please update weekly
16:09 dhawanutkarsh, wanna report in?
16:09 artista will do
16:09 dhawanutkarsh yeah sure
16:09 sehgalvibhor Walter,Hi
16:09 dhawanutkarsh hello again
16:10 tony37 sehgalvibhor should also report
16:10 dhawanutkarsh Me sehgalvibhor  and sanchit are working on Web Confusion under tony37
16:10 tony37 anindya chakriti as well
16:11 dhawanutkarsh this will later on be merged with interactive javascript shell
16:12 I have designed the basic activity for web confusion-screenshots of the layout :http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=39ca714 , http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=9d4d854
16:12 richashi nice :)
16:12 dhawanutkarsh sehgalvibhor has started with the python activity for the same
16:12 sehgalvibhor here is the code on github
16:13 https://github.com/sehgalvibhor/webconfusion
16:13 dhawanutkarsh as it would be a webkit activity and would call different html pages, so the web activity I am developing would work on both
16:15 and the code for the web activity can be found on:https://github.com/crusher95/web-confusion
16:15 sehgalvibhor We have also added a basic challenge splash page, which basically will list all the challenges and their images . As soon as somebody hovers the mouse on the challenge , the image of the challenge magnifies.
16:16 And when you click the image it redirects to the challenge page.
16:16 This is just the mock we'll be improvising the layout
16:16 as per Tony's guidance
16:16 The python activity is running perfectly
16:19 richashi great! :)
16:19 walterbender sounds great
16:20 sehgalvibhor :)
16:20 dhawanutkarsh :D
16:21 walterbender we should wrap up
16:22 as a reminder, I will probably not be at the meeting next week (in an airplane)
16:22 but tch will be here to run the meeting
16:22 let's keep the pace up...
16:22 and please update your blogs
16:23 llaske has quit IRC
16:23 walterbender anyone have any last minute things that they want to discuss?
16:24 OK... thanks for all the work this week...
16:24 #end-meeting
16:24 meeting Meeting ended Fri May 29 16:24:22 2015 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:24 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-29T15:00:36.html
16:24 dhawanutkarsh walterbender: (y)
16:24 meeting Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]15-05-29T15:00:36
16:24 tony37 has left #sugar-meeting
16:24 dhawanutkarsh has left #sugar-meeting
16:25 richashi thanks to the community! bye everyone
16:25 richashi has left #sugar-meeting
16:25 artista has left #sugar-meeting
16:25 sehgalvibhor has quit IRC
16:36 mohayon has quit IRC
16:55 abhinav has quit IRC
17:17 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.219.126.238> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:51 abhinav has quit IRC
21:05 abhinav <abhinav!~abhinav@101.219.126.238> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:33 walterbender has quit IRC
22:37 gonzalo__ has quit IRC
22:55 gonzalo__ <gonzalo__!~gonzalo@190.173.14.245> has joined #sugar-meeting
23:00 gonzalo__ has quit IRC
23:23 satellit_e has quit IRC
23:46 jo0nas has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster