Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2014-12-02

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:06 walterbender has quit IRC
00:51 noemu <noemu!~mariahnoe@unaffiliated/noemu> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:57 gonzalo__ <gonzalo__!~gonzalo@> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:58 meeting * JoseMiguel-es has joined
00:58 JM__ <JM__!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:58 gonzalo__ hola JoseMiguel :)
00:59 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Hello Gonzalo!
00:59 <JoseMiguel-es> How it goes?
00:59 gonzalo__ bien, todo bien
00:59 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:59 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> I gladden me...
00:59 <JoseMiguel-es> Hello Walter
01:00 walterbender hi JM__
01:00 ClaudiaU, ?
01:00 gonzalo__, ?
01:00 gonzalo__ hi
01:01 Claudia_ <Claudia_!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:01 walterbender hi Claudia_
01:01 we have a quorum
01:01 Claudia_ Hi walterbender
01:01 walterbender #startmeeting
01:01 meeting Meeting started Tue Dec  2 01:01:13 2014 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
01:01 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
01:01 <JoseMiguel-es> Hello Claudia!
01:01 walterbender welcome all
01:01 gonzalo__ hello CLaudia !
01:01 Claudia_ hola JoseMiguel!
01:01 hi gonzalo__
01:01 walterbender #topic GCI
01:01 noemu hello all
01:01 Claudia_ hello noemu
01:01 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Hello!
01:01 walterbender so, Google Code In has begun :)
01:01 Claudia_ yay
01:01 walterbender already lots of great work completed
01:02 tch__ hello everyone, ill spying tonight :)
01:02 walterbender very glad we are doing this
01:02 we have a nice mix of tasks this year
01:02 more in outreach for example
01:02 feel free to suggest additional tasks...
01:03 gonzalo__ walterbender, great
01:03 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Those that participate in *Sugar?
01:03 walterbender yes
01:04 Sugar Labs is one of 12 projects globally
01:04 Also, FYI, Google made a donation of $5000 as a thank you for our participation last year
01:05 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Excellent!
01:05 Claudia_ super!!!
01:05 walterbender we already have a very high-quality patch to sugar core
01:05 and a patch to one of our Javascript activities
01:05 Claudia_ how many kids participating?
01:06 walterbender checks
01:06 it is just the first day, so there will be more
01:07 CanoeBerry Good night all, those in this hemisphere~
01:07 noemu there are 10 tasks claimed right now, earlier i saw 12 were claimed
01:08 walterbender I am guessing we will have 50 partiicipants
01:08 hopefully more
01:08 Claudia_ ok
01:08 50 sounds like a lot...
01:08 great!!
01:10 walterbender oh... one more thing
01:10 http://google-opensource.blogs[…]ing-teens-to.html
01:11 gonzalo__ wow :)
01:11 noemu awesome
01:11 gonzalo__ ignacio forever :)
01:11 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Big!
01:11 Claudia_ 1,575 students
01:11 one of 1,575 students
01:12 walterbender so.. next topic
01:12 #topic Sugar 104
01:12 Claudia_ (proud)
01:12 walterbender tch__, is our release manager
01:12 today is Feature Freeze
01:12 it will be a very nice release
01:13 tch__, wanna chime in?
01:13 Quozl`_ opens his ears
01:14 walterbender tch__, ???
01:14 he is being shy
01:14 gonzalo__ :)
01:14 walterbender we hit most of our milestones in terns of new features
01:14 (thanks to gonzalo, samdroid, and tch)
01:14 and we have lots of bug fixes
01:14 so more stability
01:15 we will attack some more bugs during GCI
01:15 tch__ walterbender, sorry was distracted
01:15 walterbender but not add any new features
01:15 satellit has quit IRC
01:15 tch__ walterbender, yeah, we could not include all features,
01:15 walterbender marked all the feature tasks with a note about feature freeze
01:15 tch__ walterbender, but it will be a nice release, we need to work to make sure is a stable one
01:16 I will be preparing tarballs and notes tomorrow
01:16 satellit <satellit!~Thomas@c-76-28-209-233.hsd1.wa.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:16 walterbender tch__,  what is the schedule for the rest of the release process
01:16 tch__ walterbender, http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.104/Roadmap
01:17 walterbender, one month for bug fixing
01:17 walterbender, another for translation then release
01:17 walterbender so we are on track
01:17 tch__ walterbender, 0.104 will be out in February
01:17 walterbender, yes
01:17 walterbender tch__, that GCI patch... will it land?
01:18 it is officially freeze on Wednesday :)
01:18 the Forget patch
01:18 tch__ walterbender, he could ask for an exception, since is a small patch but the freeze is today
01:19 walterbender the schedule says 3 December :P
01:19 no big deal...
01:19 gonzalo__ tch__, true, Dec 3, http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.104/Roadmap
01:19 walterbender anything else re 104
01:19 tch__ walterbender, is my mistake, the freeze is today, I just want some buffer between freeze and tarballs release incase something broke badly
01:20 but does not seem the case
01:20 walterbender tch__,  you are the boss
01:20 tch__ not really, :)
01:20 haha, lets smash bugs
01:20 and have decent translations this time
01:20 walterbender has quit IRC
01:21 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:21 tch__ walterbender, welcome back
01:21 walterbender sorry... lost my connection for a second
01:22 thanks tch__ for taking on this thankless task :)
01:23 so, on a related note:
01:23 tch__ walterbender, a good release is sufficient reward ;)
01:23 walterbender (1) F21 with Sugar is in beta
01:23 looking good
01:23 (2) TOAST (sugar on trisquel) is also looking good
01:24 (3) I met the founder of Kano (http://www.kano.me/) last week
01:24 gonzalo__ walterbender, about (1) we need thank to he guys who did the testing, and specially to pbrobinson
01:24 walterbender we agreed to add a sugar option to there system
01:24 quidam walterbender: I need to debug the problem you found of not booting in some machines
01:24 gonzalo__ walterbender, great! kano is a nice product
01:25 walterbender gonzalo__, yes... satellit had some help this time... lots of interest in SoaS it seems
01:25 quidam but I need a failing machine
01:25 satellit also openSUSE -edu has 1.32 coming out with sugar
01:25 walterbender satellit, nice
01:25 satellit cyberorg on #opensuse-edu
01:25 walterbender quidam, yeah... forgot to tell you that the USB you made did not work :(
01:25 ignacio oh, hi
01:26 walterbender hi ignacio
01:26 Claudia_ hi, ignacio
01:26 ignacio Hi all! :)
01:26 quidam hmm
01:26 gonzalo__ hello !
01:26 walterbender anyway, it seems we are in decent shape in terms of our technical/develop POV
01:26 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Hello Ignacio!
01:27 walterbender FYI, gonzalo__ and I have been pushing pretty hard on Javascript activities
01:27 I have a lot of progress on Turtle Blocks JS (works great in Chrome, but doesn't work on Android yet)
01:27 turtle.sugarlabs.org
01:28 tch__, wrote a server for hosting it
01:28 gonzalo__, has a nice new activity, find words
01:28 in the process we are putting some polish on the JS framework
01:28 ...
01:29 anything else before we switch to the next topic?
01:29 #topic elections
01:30 Claudia_ what about TA in FB?
01:31 walterbender Claudia_, yes... it is a FB app now, but not yet released to the public
01:31 I'll finish it up once we get the other bugs fixed
01:31 Claudia_ ok.. I thought I would mention it
01:31 walterbender thx
01:32 regarding the election, we have exactly 0 candidates
01:32 gonzalo__ walterbender, can you remember us what are the dates?
01:32 walterbender we were hoping to hold the election before the end of the year
01:33 but without any candidates, we will have to wait
01:33 gonzalo__ could you contact to luke?
01:33 walterbender he has not been responsive
01:33 so we need a new person to run the election
01:34 should not be a SLOB member or a candidate obviously
01:34 CanoeBerry a SLOB member who is not running wouldn't be a terrible conflict-of-interest IMHO
01:35 walterbender CanoeBerry, I agree
01:35 I think Daniel is not running
01:35 I don't know about the rest of you
01:36 I can reach out to him perhaps
01:36 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Daniel that says?
01:37 walterbender he was on the fence...
01:37 maybe you can convince him to continue?
01:37 would be good to have youth on the board
01:37 not just old people like me
01:37 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> They have spoken with the?
01:38 walterbender not recently
01:39 Claudia_ perhaps someone from Nic would be interested in running?
01:39 German¿
01:39 walterbender Claudia_, please try recruiting him
01:39 or felix?
01:40 Claudia_ I will... and Felix
01:40 CanoeBerry aside: anybody talked to CJL recently, about translation infra or anything else? Just making sure he's OK :}
01:40 walterbender meanwhile, I will find someone to run the election
01:40 and please, if you are planning to run again (and I hope you do) add your name to the wiki page: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/O[…]4-2015-candidates
01:41 Claudia_ I have been two periods...
01:41 walterbender CanoeBerry, I haven't spoken to him in a month or so... he has been very busy with his job
01:41 CanoeBerry Ahh, at least he has an excuse, OK.
01:41 walterbender Claudia_, there are not term limits :)
01:41 Claudia_ ohhh
01:42 :)
01:42 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> *Uh! Claudia also finishes? We go Claudia!
01:42 Claudia_ we have the plan for a new series of TA days...
01:42 walterbender claudia, adam, gonzalo y daniel
01:42 Claudia_ not going anywhere.. unless someone wins my chair
01:43 walterbender Claudia_, yes... NIcaragua, India, Cambodia, Israel
01:43 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Ah! *Ok.
01:43 walterbender have to find time for them all
01:43 anyway, that is my list of topics for tonight
01:43 anyone else have topics for discussion?
01:44 Claudia_ TA day in NIC is in the agenda
01:44 gonzalo__ no from my part
01:44 CanoeBerry related to CJL, anybody know the status of translation / localization infra upgrades?
01:44 walterbender tch__, ^^
01:44 ignacio will try to apply for SLOBs next year
01:44 walterbender ignacio, +1
01:44 Claudia_ I was waiting for Felix to return from Africa.. I will follow with him and let uou know
01:45 walterbender Claudia_, OK...
01:45 tch__ CanoeBerry, basically we need to migrate more repos to github, setup ssh keys and we should be ready
01:45 Claudia_ this is the last meeting of the year...
01:45 tch__ CanoeBerry, we are using stock pootle now
01:45 walterbender tch__, I'll move the rest of my projects over :)
01:45 CanoeBerry tch__: you'll be done before 9pm, great to hear ;)
01:46 tch__ CanoeBerry, http://translate.sugarlabs.org/
01:46 walterbender Claudia_, yes... last meeting of 2014
01:46 Claudia_ wow.. it went by fast
01:46 gonzalo__ really fast
01:46 walterbender yes...
01:46 Claudia_ Let's work hard to do more field work in 2015!
01:46 walterbender yes
01:47 Claudia_ hopefully get together in one of the TA days... so we can have a face to face SLOBs
01:47 gonzalo__ NI sounds good :)
01:47 CanoeBerry Nicaragua very soon?
01:47 Claudia_ meetings... yes, gonzalo__
01:48 walterbender CanoeBerry, hopefully jan/feb
01:48 Claudia_ hopefully Feb. I think January is too soon..
01:48 but I will know more in the next week or so
01:48 gonzalo__ are they on school on Feb?
01:49 Claudia_ I think so
01:49 We are hoping to work together with FZT, so I need to coordinate dates with them
01:50 Artemis Papert and Brian Silverman would like to come, so their time is important too
01:50 walterbender we'll let everyone know as we learn more
01:50 Claudia_ yes, walterbender
01:50 walterbender oh... I need to send a note to SLOB about TA Days from the SFC
01:50 I keep forgettting
01:50 will do it ASAP
01:51 Claudia_ I have to go now..
01:51 gonzalo__ me too
01:51 Claudia_ Happy holidays, everyone!
01:51 walterbender OK
01:51 thanks everyone
01:51 CanoeBerry ciao til Mon Jan 5 presumably?
01:51 walterbender yes
01:51 Claudia_ yes
01:51 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> But earlier!
01:51 gonzalo__ enjoy the holidays!
01:51 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Please...
01:51 walterbender but we'll see you on IRC
01:51 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> Good holidays!
01:51 walterbender 5
01:52 gonzalo__ 4
01:52 Claudia_ 4
01:52 3
01:52 meeting <JoseMiguel-es> 3
01:52 tch__ 2
01:52 CanoeBerry 2(015)
01:52 ignacio 1
01:52 tch__ 0
01:52 gonzalo__ bye!
01:52 walterbender #endmeeting
01:52 Claudia_ byw
01:52 meeting Meeting ended Tue Dec  2 01:52:23 2014 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
01:52 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-02T01:01:13.html
01:52 tch__ -1
01:52 meeting Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]14-12-02T01:01:13
01:52 tch__ :)
01:52 Claudia_ has quit IRC
01:52 tch__ TTY(all)L
01:53 noemu has left #sugar-meeting
01:55 JM__ has quit IRC
01:56 meeting * JoseMiguel has quit (Quit: Page closed)
01:56 gonzalo__ has quit IRC
01:59 tch__ has quit IRC
02:08 karen_ <karen_!~karen@cpe-24-193-125-13.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:05 satellit_e has quit IRC
03:19 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:8:8800:99a:468a:5bff:fe34:b748> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:28 ignacio is now known as ignacio|sleep
03:58 karen_ has quit IRC
11:12 ignacio|sleep is now known as ignacio
11:19 gonzalo__ <gonzalo__!~gonzalo@> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:59 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:16 ignacio Hi Orgs of Google Code in 2014, we turned on the unofficial GCI 2014 Leaderboard, made by svineet http://kuckuck.treehouse.su:5000
14:13 gonzalo__ has quit IRC
14:14 karen_ <karen_!~karen@cpe-24-193-125-13.nyc.res.rr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:17 ignacio is now known as Heimerdinger
16:17 Heimerdinger is now known as ignacio
18:48 walterbender has quit IRC
19:18 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@pool-71-126-232-146.bstnma.east.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:31 walterbender has quit IRC
19:59 karen_ is now known as karen
19:59 karen has quit IRC
19:59 karen <karen!~karen@gnome/staff/conservancy.officer.karenesq> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:19 walterbender <walterbender!~walter@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:57 satellit_e has quit IRC
22:06 satellit_e <satellit_e!~satellit@2601:8:8800:99a:468a:5bff:fe34:b748> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:55 satellit_e has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.