Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2013-08-02

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
10:51 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:28 gonzalo_odiard__ <gonzalo_odiard__!~gonzalo@190.173.22.39> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:53 walterbender <walterbender!~walterben@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:21 mzepf <mzepf!~marion@stgt-5f728db2.pool.mediaWays.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:32 walterbender_ <walterbender_!~walterben@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:33 walterbender has quit IRC
14:03 cjb has quit IRC
14:23 cjb <cjb!~cjb@void.printf.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:01 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
15:01 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@c-98-217-14-18.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:50 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:50 kornbluth.freenode.net [freenode-info] please register your nickname...don't forget to auto-identify! http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup
16:50 Jenneh_mobile has quit IRC
16:55 Jenneh_mobile <Jenneh_mobile!~Jenneh@jenn.wireless.rit.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:56 walterbender_ hi Jenneh_mobile
16:56 we meet in 20 minutes
16:56 Jenneh_mobile Hi Walter , sounds good
17:03 Jenneh_mobile has quit IRC
17:15 surajgillespie <surajgillespie!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:19 lionaneesh <lionaneesh!~lionanees@unaffiliated/lionaneesh> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:20 Jenneh_mobile <Jenneh_mobile!~Jenneh@jenn.wireless.rit.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:24 callkalpa <callkalpa!~kalpa@61.245.172.60> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:25 surajgillespie hey everyone!
17:26 axitkhurana hi surajgillespie :)
17:26 callkalpa hello everyone, I 'm a bit late I guess :-)
17:26 Jenneh_mobile Hi :)
17:27 surajgillespie callkalpa: It hasn't started yet :)
17:28 callkalpa so I'm not late, but the meeting is ;-)
17:28 mzepf walterbender_: ping
17:28 walterbender_ pong
17:29 sorry... head in some code
17:29 #start-meeting
17:29 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug  2 17:29:13 2013 UTC. The chair is walterbender_. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:29 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
17:29 walterbender_ quick thanks to all for submitting midterm evals
17:30 mzepf: wanna start things off?
17:30 mzepf walterbender_: Sure.
17:30 I devoted this week to lots of small things.
17:31 I made turtle art's internal execution engine usable for the exported code.
17:31 This fixes a problem I had with infinite loops.
17:31 walterbender_ mzepf is good at undertatement
17:31 mzepf Now the user can watch the python code execute.
17:32 When there is an error in the code, it shows the type and message in the status bar,
17:32 and prints the stack trace to stderr.
17:33 I also worked on handling errors that occur during the export.
17:33 When a block is not setup to be exportable, it gets highlighted and a message appears in the status bar.
17:34 I also wrote a Primitive object for the 'clean' block, thereby making it exportable.
17:34 I will spend most of the coming weeks writing more Primitve objects, I think.
17:35 Does anyone have comments, suggestions, or questions?
17:36 walterbender_ mzepf: maybe I can get some of the TA hackers to start experimenting with your code
17:36 mzepf walterbender_: That would be nice.
17:37 walterbender_ any other questions for mzepf ?
17:39 callkalpa: wanna go next?
17:39 callkalpa sure
17:40 this week I have been adjusting the modifications in a more formal way
17:41 with the instructions of gonzalo_odiard__ I have made the help file link shipped with help rather than with sugar core
17:41 that way it will be easy to maintain
17:41 further I have made some modifications to the help viewer
17:42 so that it displays as a dialog, stays always on top of the activity window and all that
17:43 that's all for now, couldn't do much work this week, yet got a very good feedback from gonzalo_odiard__ for the work done so far
17:45 walterbender_ gonzalo_odiard__: anything to add?
17:45 callkalpa: what is next?
17:46 callkalpa there are two things
17:46 one is to send the current content to pootle to be translated
17:46 that I have halfway discussed with chris
17:47 the other thing is to display translated content according to the current language
17:47 that also I have already implemented, but I have to test further
17:48 gonzalo_odiard__ walterbender_, no, all is on track
17:49 walterbender_ surajgillespie: next?
17:50 surajgillespie Okay :)
17:50 Managed to patch up the bugs in my Markdown activity.
17:50 Went a bit offtrack while working on the Object Chooser in web activity.
17:51 In fact I went about designing my own UI for the Object chooser dialogue box,
17:51 which was never really needed.
17:52 Realized my folly after meeting with Lionel on Tue and he pointed I only had to make the sugar calls and reimplementing it wasn't really necessary.
17:52 walterbender_ the markdown activity is almost all we need for Write
17:53 surajgillespie walterbender_: will try to publish it asap :)
17:53 Then earlier today, with help from dnarvaez , got the initial bits of the Object chooser working.
17:54 walterbender_ great
17:54 surajgillespie: this is integrated into your latest bits o github?
17:54 surajgillespie walterbender_: not yet.
17:55 walterbender_ surajgillespie: let us know when so we can take a look
17:55 surajgillespie need to refine the way it chooses objects and little bit of other stuffs pending
17:55 walterbender_: sure.
17:56 walterbender_ thx
17:56 surajgillespie About the preview field, chalked out a plan to do that,
17:56 #link take a snapshot of the webkit using http://webkitgtk.org/reference[…]view-get-snapshot
17:56 and put it in the metadata.
17:57 That's pretty much it for now.
17:57 walterbender_ seems to be on track
17:57 may use some of these bits for the TA HTML code
17:58 surajgillespie would be more than willing to help out walterbender_  with that
17:58 :)
17:58 walterbender_ any other questions?
17:58 axitkhurana: wanna go next?
17:58 axitkhurana Sure.
17:59 I created a mock service based on the WebServices' directory structure with additional methods/classes as required by miniprofiles.
17:59 Also, Documented on Wiki: Simple instructions to test the current state of profiles
18:00 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/S[…]ect/Documentation
18:00 I'm currently working on the hiding of the large clouds on clicking outside them, was looking at how palettes are hidden.
18:01 walterbender_ axitkhurana: be good to hang your documentation off of http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/WebServices
18:02 .show and .hide are your friend :)
18:03 axitkhurana walterbender_ , is there any event fired on clicking outside a GTK object? I need call .hide in such case.
18:03 walterbender_ axitkhurana:  there is a focus out event
18:04 CDeLorme: wanna queue up if axitkhurana is finished?
18:05 axitkhurana walterbender_: I'm not sure if it is availble for Gtk.Eventbox
18:05 walterbender_ axitkhurana: let's follow up after the meeting
18:05 axitkhurana Frames can grab focus / detect that event, but I'll try it out.
18:05 sure.
18:07 Jenneh_mobile Cdeoorme  told me to say to check for a blur event
18:08 walterbender_ axitkhurana: and eventbox is a widget and widgets have focus events
18:08 axitkhurana walterbender_: thanks for looking into it, I'll try it out.
18:09 walterbender_ CDeLorme: next?
18:09 boredomist: ?
18:09 we can end with Jenneh_mobile
18:10 Jenneh_mobile Cdelorme says he doesn't have access to a machine right now
18:10 boredomist Hi, sorry, stepped out for a minute
18:10 Jenneh_mobile He will get back to u
18:10 walterbender_ boredomist: why don't you go ahead
18:10 boredomist alright
18:12 so this week was focused on getting the server and client as close to complete as possible. I fixed some redundancies in the API, made some more useful information accessible through the api, and then updated the client to reflect these changes
18:12 so for instance the client will split up data it knows to be too big for the server into multiple requests, that kind of thing
18:13 As usual, a lot of all around fixes, documentation, tests, and small bits of functionality
18:13 I started looking into creating a sugar activity
18:13 walterbender_ boredomist: answers the question I was about to ask: what is the plan vis-a-vis integrating this into the Sugar UI?
18:13 boredomist I don't really have much of anything to show for it yet, just a skeleton repository so far
18:14 Yeah, that's what I'm going to be working on going forward
18:14 walterbender_ boredomist: lots of help on writing activities on #sugar
18:14 so don't let yourself get blocked
18:15 boredomist yeah, i'll pester everyone for answers as much as possible ;)
18:15 walterbender_ good
18:15 any questions for boredomist ?
18:15 Jenneh_mobile: wanna tell us about DC?
18:16 Jenneh_mobile It was pretty awesome!
18:16 walterbender_ Jenneh_mobile: Sugar instead of standardized testing in schools? would be sweet
18:17 gonzalo_odiard__ ? :)
18:17 Jenneh_mobile I met a programmer from Gambia who had seen a small deployment in his elementary school which I thought was awesome
18:17 Sorry I didn't pets took subbing gamificaton for standardized tests
18:17 Lol auto complete
18:18 Push*
18:19 walterbender_ Jenneh_mobile: anything we should know from your visit? have we stemmed the tide of overemphasis on STEM? :)
18:20 Jenneh_mobile Lol yes now all the rage is in telling time using themed games about th sky
18:20 walterbender_ nice
18:20 Jenneh_mobile No more stem just sun clocks
18:20 When I pulled out an xo at the bar afterwards everyone came runnin over
18:21 walterbender_ we should prob. end the formal meeting so people can go, but it would be nice to hear more.
18:21 Jenneh_mobile People randomly stared taking pictures of it
18:21 And pokin it
18:21 walterbender_ anyone else have any final words of wisdom?
18:22 thanks all for the updates
18:22 #end-meeting
18:22 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug  2 18:22:15 2013 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
18:22 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-02T17:29:13.html
18:22 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]13-08-02T17:29:13
18:31 lionaneesh boredomist: Free for a after-meeting?
18:31 boredomist Yeah
18:36 lionaneesh #start-meeting
18:36 meeting Meeting started Fri Aug  2 18:36:03 2013 UTC. The chair is lionaneesh. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:36 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
18:36 lionaneesh LOL
18:37 The meeting bot doesn't answer me.
18:37 Anyway, lets continue.
18:38 Jenneh_mobile has quit IRC
18:40 boredomist lionaneesh: so what would you like to discuss?
18:41 lionaneesh #topic Previous 2 weeks work
18:41 boredomist: Could you start by summarizing what you did in the past week.
18:41 boredomist Well past week is what I mentioned above for the meeting
18:43 lionaneesh boredomist: Okay. I read that.
18:44 boredomist: So, are we done with the server?
18:44 Any issues/wishlist/todos?
18:44 boredomist Well for now, I'd say I don't want to add large new features
18:44 Instead I want to focus on creating the activity
18:45 and then any gaps in functionality or major issues can be fixed as they are identified
18:45 still thinking of adding more translation services if there's time later on
18:45 Jenneh_mobile <Jenneh_mobile!~Jenneh@Jenn.wireless.rit.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:46 lionaneesh Did you come across some more free translation services?
18:46 boredomist I haven't actively looked in a while, so no, nothing new there
18:47 Unless you have suggestions?
18:48 lionaneesh boredomist: Not really, no.
18:49 I don't know of any more free translation services.
18:49 boredomist: Do you have some code review requests?
18:49 boredomist I'll check
18:49 lionaneesh That I could look into and maybe provide suggestions?
18:50 gonzalo_odiard__ boredomist, question, did you see the activity Words?
18:50 boredomist gonzalo_odiard__: I don't think so, no
18:51 gonzalo_odiard__ boredomist, looks like a good candidate for integration with your work
18:51 boredomist lionaneesh: maybe if you have suggestions for how to cleanup translate.app.ratelimit
18:51 Because I think that's pretty messy
18:51 gonzalo_odiard__: do you have a link i could check out?
18:52 gonzalo_odiard__ boredomist, http://activities.sugarlabs.or[…]/sugar/addon/4315
18:55 Jenneh_mobile has quit IRC
19:01 lionaneesh boredomist: Why do you find that code messy?
19:01 I don't see any flagrant elegancy issues with it.
19:02 boredomist I don't know, I don't really like having the RateLimit class being a pseudo-singleton
19:06 lionaneesh: It would be great if you could just skim through as much of the code as possible and see if anything jumps out at you as poorly written or so
19:06 lionaneesh Okay. I will do that.
19:06 Anything else you want me to do?
19:06 Any help/suggestions needed on the client side?
19:07 boredomist Well I'll probably be needing a bunch of help with the activity development
19:07 But I can't think of anything specifically for right now
19:10 lionaneesh Okay.
19:11 I'll look into the code tomorrow morning, and will email you with questions and suggestions (if any). I think this project is moving at a great pace and is on schedule.
19:11 Any concerns?
19:11 boredomist Thanks for the feedback.
19:12 None right now, no
19:12 lionaneesh Okay perfect.
19:12 Any feedback for me?
19:12 Am I doing something wrong?
19:12 Or would you like me to do something that I am not at present?
19:13 boredomist Well you've been busy, so I haven't been able to get a lot of feedback on my work recently, but that's understandable
19:13 I think we should get back to a more regular meeting schedule
19:13 surajgillespie has quit IRC
19:14 lionaneesh boredomist: Sure. I want that too.
19:14 So, shall we decide upon a fixed schedule now?
19:15 boredomist Saturday at the same time as the weekly Friday meeting has worked in the past, I belive
19:15 Would that be possible?
19:15 lionaneesh Sure
19:16 boredomist Okay great. Unless you have a different preference, let's do that then
19:16 lionaneesh Perfect then.
19:16 Anything else you want to ask before I end this meeting?
19:17 boredomist Nope
19:17 lionaneesh boredomist: Okay cool.
19:18 Thanks for this meeting.
19:18 Bye and have a nice day ahead.
19:18 #endmeeting
19:18 meeting Meeting ended Fri Aug  2 19:18:09 2013 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
19:18 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-02T18:36:03.html
19:18 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]13-08-02T18:36:03
19:19 callkalpa has quit IRC
19:21 lionaneesh has left #sugar-meeting
20:02 mzepf has quit IRC
20:03 mzepf <mzepf!~marion@stgt-5f728db2.pool.mediaWays.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:05 mzepf has quit IRC
21:42 gonzalo_odiard__ has quit IRC
22:53 dondino <dondino!~dondino@178.209.18.166> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:56 walterbender_ has quit IRC
23:05 dondino has left #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster