Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2013-07-19

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
03:40 gonzalo_odiard <gonzalo_odiard!~gonzalo@190.173.31.151> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:52 gonzalo_odiard has quit IRC
04:23 CanoeBerry_ <CanoeBerry_!CanoeBerry@c-98-217-14-18.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:23 gonzalo_odiard <gonzalo_odiard!~gonzalo@190.173.31.151> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:24 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
04:28 CanoeBerry_ has quit IRC
04:36 gonzalo_odiard has quit IRC
04:37 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@c-98-217-14-18.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:41 gonzalo_odiard <gonzalo_odiard!~gonzalo@190.173.31.151> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:10 gonzalo_odiard has quit IRC
10:17 Cerlyn_ has quit IRC
11:12 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:21 gonzalo_odiard <gonzalo_odiard!~gonzalo@190.173.31.151> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:57 walterbender <walterbender!~walterben@pool-173-48-28-116.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:26 walterbender has quit IRC
12:37 walterbender <walterbender!~walterben@pool-173-48-28-116.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:15 quidam has quit IRC
13:16 quidam <quidam!~quidam@unaffiliated/quidam> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:08 walterbender has quit IRC
14:09 walterbender <walterbender!~walterben@pool-173-48-28-116.bstnma.fios.verizon.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:21 Cerlyn <Cerlyn!~cerlyn@173-12-75-9-miami.hfc.comcastbusiness.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:54 iamaregee2 <iamaregee2!~aregee@122.177.91.41> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:58 callkalpa <callkalpa!~kalpa@61.245.160.228> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:01 surajgillespie <surajgillespie!~webchat@rev-18-85-44-69.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:13 llaske <llaske!~wircer@AVelizy-154-1-20-73.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:16 walterbender hello everyone
17:17 shall we get started?
17:17 #start-meeting
17:17 meeting Meeting started Fri Jul 19 17:17:05 2013 UTC. The chair is walterbender. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:17 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
17:19 surajgillespie Hi!
17:19 callkalpa hi all
17:19 walterbender marion cannot join us today, but she gave me an update this morning
17:19 CDeLorme hello
17:19 walterbender she has python exporting from Turtle Art :)
17:19 iamaregee2 hello everyone
17:19 llaske hi
17:19 walterbender she'll send a more detailed report to the list
17:20 CDeLorme: you want to start things off?
17:20 decause walterbender: win
17:20 marion++
17:20 CDeLorme walterbender: sure
17:21 I made a lot of progress this week, started by contacting trose and jlew as they had worked on the project previously.
17:21 brush Afternoon sugar :)
17:21 CDeLorme have not heard back from jlew yet, still need some clarification on how they addressed low framerates on the XO's
17:22 I found C documentation for TelepathyGLib which has been somewhat helpful in figuring out the new stack in the gi repository
17:22 Thengrad <Thengrad!~Thengrad@yacht.rit.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:22 CDeLorme I spoke with rgs who helped clarify that gtk3 main loop is abstracted and telepathy-glib attaches automatically
17:22 and I found that the latesy repositories have source code with modern python, so I am starting to understand how it works.
17:23 walterbender good
17:23 CDeLorme apparently telepathy-glib uses quarks as keys that the factory uses to determine what to load during async processing.
17:23 So far I managed to pull down a list of users on jabber, I am hoping to have chat done by early next week with a custom-made channel
17:24 walterbender great progress
17:24 CDeLorme and I hope to create some kind of documentation about the system
17:24 since it isn't very clear what quark methods are, or how to get started for python users.
17:25 walterbender looks forward to finally getting his head wrapped around the telepathy code
17:26 CDeLorme walterbender: any questions or things I should be focusing on?
17:26 llaske has quit IRC
17:26 axitkhurana <axitkhurana!~ubuntu@edciitr.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:27 walterbender I think once you have some code we can kick, we'll have questions
17:27 llaske <llaske!~wircer@AVelizy-154-1-20-73.w82-124.abo.wanadoo.fr> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:27 walterbender surajgillespie: you want to go next?
17:28 surajgillespie walterbender: sure
17:28 I've made progress on my web-activity.
17:28 I've managed to parse the markdown text to HTML
17:29 by using of pagedown(a javascript port of Markdown).
17:29 *by making use
17:29 Will be pushing it to github in a while.
17:30 Manage to patch up the bug which i mentioned last week. It needs confirmation from Daniel though.
17:31 Later this week, I'll be trying to get the "preview" functionality to the sugar-web framework and explore object chooser in sugar.
17:31 Then, sent a mail to the maintainer of http://planet.sugarlabs.org/
17:32 to get my blog there.
17:32 walterbender surajgillespie: let me know if bernie doesn't get back to you... he gets busy
17:32 surajgillespie walterbender: No response so far.
17:33 That's from my side.
17:33 Thanks
17:33 decause walterbender: we've got a few folks at RIT who's blogs might do well to hit the planet as well. Do we just email bernie ?
17:33 surajgillespie decause: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/S[…]ndication_request
17:34 decause surajgillespie: thanks
17:35 walterbender iamaregee2: wanna chime in?
17:35 iamaregee2 sure
17:36 I worked on adding api key authentication to the apis
17:36 so authenticated user can access data with the api keys supplied in the url parameters
17:37 then there was issue with project uploads
17:37 it was because tastypie doesn't support file handling out of the box ..
17:38 so I implemented a workaround for that
17:38 walterbender has such a hard time keeping all these project names straight...
17:38 iamaregee2 https://github.com/aregee/moksaya
17:39 wrote automated test case to check all the crucial functionality of the apis
17:39 walterbender +1 for test cases
17:39 iamaregee2 like user sign up ,profile creation , project forking
17:39 basically covering crucial CRUD operations ..
17:40 Right now struggling with user authorizations
17:41 as of now
17:41 APIs offer all the basic functionality that we need
17:41 User Profiles, projects, forking , likes , friendships
17:41 walterbender seems like you are on track
17:42 iamaregee2 Its not complete yet , there are lots of improvements that needs to be done
17:42 decause iamaregee2: we use velruse for auth in most of our python projects
17:43 https://github.com/bbangert/velruse
17:43 iamaregee2 decause: thanks will look into it
17:43 decause dunno if you want 3rd party auth, but it has worked for use pretty decently in a couple of webapps
17:44 iamaregee2 Actually let me explain my scenario here
17:45 Problem with using default django authorization is , if a user X is permitted to access one model say Project
17:45 and User Y is also able to access the projects model
17:45 User X could post as User Y and that would annoy user Y
17:46 that's what official django authorization offers
17:46 decause iamaregee2: got it
17:46 iamaregee2 so I have been digging with django-guardian and there are some docs in tastypie
17:47 that  show some ways
17:47 to restrict this
17:47 decause pyramid does a good job with their __acl__ auth stuff, but that won't help you in djangoland :P
17:47 iamaregee2 ;D
17:47 :D
17:48 I think I have a work around for this , I tried some things yesterday
17:48 bernie decause: for the planet, you should ask lfaraone
17:48 decause bernie: got it
17:48 bernie surajgillespie, walterbender: i'm currently traveling in the west coast
17:48 decause bernie: thanks for the pong
17:49 iamaregee2 maybe it would be better to discuss this on the mailing list  :)
17:49 bernie i might be slow to respond and hard to reach
17:49 walterbender was trying to generate more work for bernie :)
17:49 callkalpa: you want to give us your update?
17:49 callkalpa sure
17:49 I have been working on help content l10n
17:50 I of course with the help of gonzalo_odiard  was able to figure out how to lokalize with sphinx itself
17:51 since it will take time and introduce new dependencies we didn't go for on the fly lokalization
17:51 bernie walterbender, surajgillespie: we do have an email for the planet: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/S[…]ndication_request
17:52 callkalpa instead what we thought was we ship the html content with all the lokalized languages and display the appropriate one based on the current language
17:52 bernie if nobody answers after 48h, let me know and i'll hunt them down :-)
17:52 callkalpa since they are just html files, there will not be a big issue of the disk space
17:52 surajgillespie bernie: thanks. will let you know :)
17:53 callkalpa my last patch to the group was said to do nothing :-)
17:53 walterbender callkalpa: it happens :P
17:54 callkalpa I'll check it once I finish a fresh sugar-build environment
17:54 walterbender seems to be changing daily :)
17:55 callkalpa and this lokalized version of help content will be shared by the existing help activity as well
17:55 yeah it is :-)
17:56 lokalization may be done through pootle similarly to other activities, I'll contact Chris with this regard
17:56 And that's all from me for now :-)
17:58 walterbender who have I forgotten today?
17:58 axitkhurana Hi
17:58 walterbender axitkhurana: please tell us about your week
17:59 axitkhurana Sure, I worked on expanded mini profiles this week:
17:59 - On clicking smaller clouds we get the larger icons which will display posts.
17:59 They look like this: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/F[…]leScreenshot2.jpg
18:00 llaske cool
18:01 axitkhurana - I'm facing some problems with adding GTK elements over the (EventIcon based) Larger cloud icon.
18:02 walterbender axitkhurana: usimg a fixed?
18:02 axitkhurana walterbender: sorry?
18:03 walterbender Gtk.Fixed lets you position things
18:04 axitkhurana Right, tried adding Gtk.Label to it but they didn't show up, changing Eventbox's set_visible_window / set_above_child also didn't work.
18:05 Also, looked into cario. Using cario's show_text, I was able to add text (with some placement issues) but in some cases we may want to add a small picture as well. It would be great if I could add GTK elements over (inside) the EventIcon.
18:05 walterbender axitkhurana: maybe I can look at your code later
18:05 axitkhurana walterbender: sure, thanks.
18:08 walterbender axitkhurana: I have a call at 2 (10 minutes) but will look for you afterward
18:08 anyone else have a report for today?
18:08 surajgillespie may i put forth a suggestion?
18:09 walterbender surajgillespie: please
18:09 surajgillespie Yes, all of us are updating about our progress on our respective wiki pages,
18:10 it would also be nice if all of us, GSoC students, publish our work on planet.sugarlabs.org
18:10 walterbender +1
18:10 easy enough to post your summaries
18:11 llaske +1 may be once a month
18:11 at least
18:11 callkalpa has quit IRC
18:12 walterbender OK.. let's set that as a goal for next week (well aligned with the midterm evaluations in any case)
18:12 anything else for today?
18:12 decause walterbender: we've got 2 quick ones
18:12 walterbender decause: you have the floor :)
18:12 decause kk
18:13 brush has some updates on an activity he has been working on
18:13 quick ones
18:13 walterbender sound good
18:14 brush I believe decause is referencing the Skytime activity
18:14 decause brush has been working on an actity called sash, as well as skytime, which you folks heard about last week
18:15 brush correct
18:15 decause http://github.com/fossrit/sash
18:15 an activity to show open badges on the XO
18:15 brush We want to implement Mozilla open badges into Sugar through testing of lemonade stand
18:16 decause reading from the journal first, then openbadges.org if the XO has net (that's the idea at least)
18:16 brush Our current efforts with the sugar school server seemed to be a little too difficut to legitmately follow, so we decided to make an activity that would flulfill our reqs
18:17 right :)
18:17 decause we met with Gerald Ardito this week, when he visited RIT, and showed him all the XO projects
18:17 we'll close the loop on that later though
18:17 I know you have places to be walterbender
18:17 I just wanted to make sure the repo link got dropped here in channel, and that anyone who wanted to know about it could find out more from brush and the team
18:19 brush We're all usualy ahnging out in #sugar and #rit-foss for reference
18:26 decause that's it from me, in case anyone is waiting :P
18:29 llaske has left #sugar-meeting
18:35 walterbender sorry... got waylaid
18:38 #end-meeting
18:38 meeting Meeting ended Fri Jul 19 18:38:18 2013 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
18:38 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-19T17:17:05.html
18:38 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]13-07-19T17:17:05
18:40 walterbender axitkhurana: go you have a link for me to your code?
18:51 axitkhurana walterbender: sorry, I was away.
18:51 walterbender axitkhurana: I am still on my call, actually... just queuing up
18:51 axitkhurana walterbender: https://github.com/axitkhurana[…]ocialicon.py#L100 is the class for the larger cloud icon.
18:52 walterbender axitkhurana: I'll take a look
18:52 and you want to place things in specific places on it?
18:53 axitkhurana yes
18:53 walterbender if you make it a Gtk.Fixed and put the Event Icon in it, you should be able to put the label where ever you want
18:53 it being the SocialBubble
18:55 axitkhurana Umm, extending EventIcon (sugar3.graphics.icon.EventIcon) gives it the cloud shape and takes care of the colors as well
18:55 Oh sorry, Ok, i'll try that
18:56 walterbender so the idea is that the SocialBubble is a Gtk>Fixed that contains an EventIcon and a Gtk.Label
18:56 I think that should work
18:57 make sense?
18:57 axitkhurana Yes, Thanks, I'll try that.
19:31 surajgillespie has left #sugar-meeting
19:35 axitkhurana walterbender: ping
19:48 iamaregee2 has quit IRC
19:55 axitkhurana walterbender: I tried that, icon doesn't render now as well. Please excuse me if I'm missing something trivial. I've pushed the change to the same URL.
20:22 Cerlyn has quit IRC
20:23 walterbender axitkhurana: I guess I had something slightly different in mind, but I think your approach should also work. Add the Label after the Bubble so it is on top. And you seem to be missing some calls to show()
21:34 gonzalo_odiard has quit IRC
22:18 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
22:45 walterbender has quit IRC
22:45 Cerlyn <Cerlyn!~ALEIN@99-94-164-226.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net> has joined #sugar-meeting

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster