Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2011-07-09

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:05 dogi has quit IRC
00:09 tabs <tabs!~Tabitha@118-93-204-66.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:30 marcopg_ has quit IRC
01:04 marcopg <marcopg!~marcopg@80.83.125.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:25 satellitAir-road <satellitAir-road!~urk@173-255-101-34.utilitytelephone.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:25 marcopg has quit IRC
01:57 dirakx <dirakx!~rafael@190.156.115.38> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:16 tabs has quit IRC
03:21 lucian has quit IRC
03:31 tabs <tabs!~Tabitha@118-93-204-66.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:32 tabs has quit IRC
04:26 tch has left #sugar-meeting
04:32 tabs <tabs!~Tabitha@60-234-149-159.bitstream.orcon.net.nz> has joined #sugar-meeting
05:09 tabs has quit IRC
06:03 satellitAir-road has quit IRC
07:07 meeting <meeting!~sugaroid@jita.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:33 yama has quit IRC
07:38 yama <yama!~yama@124-171-35-88.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
07:38 yama has quit IRC
07:38 yama <yama!~yama@ubuntu/member/yama> has joined #sugar-meeting
08:33 yevlempy <yevlempy!~yevlempy@59.161.144.38> has joined #sugar-meeting
09:15 yevlempy has quit IRC
11:27 lucian <lucian!~lucian@78-86-217-168.zone2.bethere.co.uk> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:07 tabs <tabs!~Tabitha@60-234-149-159.bitstream.orcon.net.nz> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:08 dogi <dogi!~omen@c-65-96-166-32.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:09 tabs has quit IRC
12:23 dogi has quit IRC
12:45 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@c-66-30-2-16.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:14 dogi <dogi!~omen@50.12.132.43> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:40 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
13:40 marcopg <marcopg!~marcopg@80.83.125.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:58 icarito <icarito!~urk@190.157.137.22> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:01 dogi has quit IRC
14:03 silbe <silbe!~silbe@twin.sascha.silbe.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:05 silbe bernie, m_anish, alsroot: meeting?
14:05 m_anish silbe, yep
14:06 cjl silbe: What meeting?
14:06 asks out of curiousity
14:06 silbe cjl: Activity Central weekly team meeting
14:06 cjl Ok
14:06 icarito gmorning
14:06 cjl sits down in back of room and shuts up
14:06 silbe icarito: hi!
14:06 yama hi
14:07 silbe yama: good evening!
14:07 icarito making baby sleep
14:08 yama good afternoon silbe :)
14:08 m_anish back in 4 mins, sorry :(
14:09 cjl icarito: I need to restart the conversation with Amos Batto about ay/qu
14:10 I'll cc you whne I do
14:10 silbe yama: re. your mail, the short answer is that Dextrose backup / restore and the Backup / Restore activities work differently and use incompatible file formats. By design, only the activities (or rather the file format they use) can provide the full range of compatibility between different distro versions.
14:12 yama silbe: I see. Can the Dextrose backup/restore replace the backup/restore activities?
14:12 silbe yama: That depends on your requirements.
14:13 icarito cjl thanks im always interested in that
14:13 yama silbe: basically, back up the whole journal to USB, then restore in one go on the same or another XO
14:14 silbe yama: if all of the XOs involved are running the same build, then yes, the Dextrose backup / restore feature can accomplish that.
14:15 yama silbe: it can't restore across different builds? Why is that?
14:16 we're using the Backup/Restore activities as an upgrade path: backup the journal, flash with new build, then restore
14:17 dogi <dogi!~omen@50.12.132.43> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:17 m_anish back
14:18 yama silbe: we're also using it to migrate to a different XO (e.g. if one has broken). That XO might have a different (hopefully newer) build
14:18 silbe yama: it creates a tarball of the data store directory and IIRC even modifies it (removing some files). So it can only work when the data store software on the restoring XO recognises the on-disk format from the backed-up XO. This works for upgrades (as long as you're running sugar-datastore), but not for downgrades.
14:18 icarito baby is asleep
14:18 :-)
14:18 silbe icarito: grats :)
14:19 yama silbe: I think that's fine. We can't expect an old version of Sugar to cope with a new datastore format.
14:19 icarito i've never had to dance so much for any girl and she's only 5 months old
14:19 :-)
14:19 silbe yama: Then the backup / restore feature should work for you.
14:19 yama sssh, let's be quiet so she doesn't wake :)
14:20 icarito :-)
14:21 yama silbe: great. Does it backup to a server as well? Or is that part of the cloud journal stuff?
14:21 icarito silbe: i'm using sugar full time now again - i managed to make alt-tab work (by deleting some values in metacity gconf) but alt-tab behaviour is driving me crazy
14:22 silbe yama: There is some XS integration, though I don't know how it works.
14:22 icarito: Try configuring metacity to do the window switching. Let me look up the values...
14:23 m_anish silbe, yama, from what tch told me, the way they moved datastores from old 0.84 to new dx2  was to use the backup/restore activity in 0.84 and use the backup/restore feature in dx2. I can double check, but I think it works
14:24 icarito silbe: i expect alt-tab to return to the last switched app so I can switch rapidly between 2 - instead alt-tab cicles in one direction in sugar
14:24 yama m_anish: I would appreciate if you could confirm. We'll be needing a migration path when we start introducing DX12 in our schools.
14:24 silbe m_anish: you can't restore a Dextrose Journal backup with the Restore activity. The file formats are very different.
14:25 m_anish silbe, yama i'll check
14:25 #todo m_anish check how they backuped and restored the journal when moving from 0.84 to dx2 in py
14:26 silbe icarito: metacity can do the former: /apps/metacity/global_keybindings/cycle_windows = <Mod4>Right and /apps/metacity/global_keybin​dings/cycle_windows_backward = <Mod4>Left
14:27 tch <tch!~tch@195.98.23.190.res.adsl.dyn.click.com.py> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:28 m_anish tch, hola!
14:28 tch m_anish: :)
14:29 silbe icarito: <Mod4> = <Win> = <Grab>. With the above bindings you can switching between the most recently active windows by pressing <Win>+<Right>. Holding <Win> and pressing <Right> (or <Left> multiple times will switch to older windows.
14:29 yama m_anish: I've created an issue for this in our tracker - https://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/818 - I'd appreciate if you could reply there.
14:29 silbe icarito: another advantage is that it doesn't scroll in the Frame, so it's much faster.
14:29 dogi lurks
14:29 m_anish yama, ok
14:30 icarito silbe: just tried it but no luck, it does nothing
14:30 silbe ok, now that tch is here (hi!), should we start the meeting?
14:30 icarito: maybe the metacity key bindings bug. Let's debug it after the meeting.
14:30 icarito silbe: i'm back on 0.88 sweets I think, from trisquel TOAST 4.51 (i upgraded)
14:31 m_anish silbe, +!
14:31 silbe #start_meeting
14:31 #startmeeting
14:31 meeting Meeting started Sat Jul  9 14:31:36 2011 UTC. The chair is silbe. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:31 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
14:32 silbe #topic Backup / Restore activities vs. backup / restore features in Dextrose
14:32 #info The Backup / Restore activities and the backup / restore feature in Dextrose use different, incompatible file formats.
14:33 #action m_anish check how they backuped and restored the journal when moving from 0.84 to dx2 in  py
14:33 m_anish tch, any idea how they migrated journal/datastores from 0.84 to dx2?
14:33 silbe, :)
14:33 silbe m_anish: always a pleasure to move things from my plate to yours ;)
14:34 m_anish silbe, haha, :)
14:34 tch m_anish: I think they used the xs backup script and then restored it using dx gui
14:36 dirakx around.
14:38 silbe tch, m_anish: can you check that and follow up to yama's mail (Message-ID: <BANLkTikUqM8ZteLo4gmdeTsX_kUcWKKNog@mail.gmail.com>), please?
14:38 yama: anything else re. backup / restore you'd like to discuss today?
14:39 m_anish silbe, ack
14:39 yama silbe: dfarning and I came to a basic agreement of how AC is to work with OLPCAU. Not sure if he's informed you all yet.
14:39 if not, maybe I should wait until he does
14:40 silbe yama: I not sure right now. There's been a lot going on lately.
14:41 yama silbe: I can just summarise then
14:41 silbe #topic OLPC-AU
14:41 yama: go ahead
14:42 yama: just remember that this is a publically logged channel
14:42 yama cool
14:42 the settlement we came to is that AC will work in the OLPCAU tracker for things related to OLPCAU.
14:43 what that means is that AC devs should make an account at dev.laptop.org.au
14:43 let me know your username and I'll set the correct permissions on your account
14:43 so far we've been working well with dirakx, for example
14:43 dirakx yama: +1.
14:43 silbe yama: silbe
14:44 yama silbe: you're already taken care of :)
14:44 m_anish yama, m_anish
14:44 :)
14:44 silbe yama: nice, thx.
14:44 icarito #link http://dev.laptop.org.au/
14:45 m_anish yama, or rather, just anish (if that's available), sorry :)
14:45 yama m_anish: it's available. Can you please register yourself and let me know?
14:46 silbe #action all AC devs to create account on https://dev.laptop.org.au/account/register and send user name to yama (for permissions).
14:46 yama I might also be contacting some of you guys directly about our work. I'd appreciate a speedy reply.
14:47 silbe yama: how would you define "speedy" in this context?
14:47 yama I mentioned last meeting that I'll be on leave from Aug to Oct. That means I really need the AC-OLPCAU collaboration to be productive and sustainable before the end of this month.
14:48 On our side we've got jvonau, who will be working with you guys
14:49 m_anish yama, fyi, i created an account with username:anish
14:50 yama m_anish: great, I've fixed it for you
14:50 silbe yama: we'll certainly give our best. Is there anything in particular you're worrying about? Requiring special care or taking a lot of time?
14:51 icarito yama: I just registered, my nick is icarito
14:52 dirakx yama: icarito is going to work in some of the activities issues.
14:52 yama silbe: not really right now. We're rushing to get OS 10.1.3-au3 complete before the school holidays end on the 25th. dirakx has been helping. I want this to be solid to last us to the end of the year. Then we can focus on DX.
14:52 silbe yama: ok. dirakx: do you need any help with that work?
14:53 yama icarito: I don't see you on there?
14:53 dirakx silbe: I'd appreciate some help on sugar-core stuff that you guys could know better than I.
14:53 icarito yama: i just now activated the account (from the automated email)
14:54 m_anish dirakx, yea, i've been offline lately, but free to help now
14:54 yama icarito: done
14:54 dirakx m_anish: thanks! :)
14:55 icarito yama: are you targeting new activities to work on both 10.1.3 and dextrose or will you have upgraded by that time?
14:56 yama icarito: I expect it'll take a while to completely migrate. We rely on teachers to perform the flashing, and teachers are very time-poor.
14:56 silbe dirakx: no problem. Let's discuss this in detail after the meeting.
14:56 dirakx silbe: sure.
14:56 yama We need the AU version of DX12 out by January (as I've mentioned in other meetings), because teachers have more time at the start of the school year.
14:57 if we miss the boat on that one, it'll be much harder to get DX12 out there
14:58 m_anish yama, yep, i think we'd need to have a meeting to set the broad roadmap for dx12 platform
14:58 dirakx icarito: some of the new activities (if not all) should be ready for that time.
14:58 yama would love to have a voice chat with some of the main people
14:58 skype or similar
14:58 silbe yama: we'll make sure DX12(-AU) will be ready. Worst case it will lack some features.
14:58 yama main priorities are QA and collaboration
14:59 I prefer quality over quantity. A half-working feature is not worth including.
14:59 silbe collaboration is one of my main worries right now. Fortunately we have several months to continue fixing it...
14:59 yama: +1
15:00 yama Australian schools have money to consider iPads and the like. We're competing with slick, professional products.
15:00 icarito we are slick and professional  :-P
15:00 silbe icarito: money shark? ;)
15:01 yama I think I linked to this last time: https://dev.laptop.org.au/proj[…]es?set_filter=1&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=o&v[status_id][]=1&f[​]=tracker_id&op[tracker_id]=%3D&v[tracker_id][]=​6&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&​v[fixed_version_id][]=23&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=tr​acker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=as​signed_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=cf_3&group_by=
15:01 silbe to get serious, is there anything left to discuss for this topic?
15:01 m_anish yama, ok, dirakx up for a skype this week?
15:01 yama it's our list of priorities for DX12
15:01 dirakx m_anish: ok for me.
15:01 m_anish #link https://dev.laptop.org.au/proj[…]es?set_filter=1&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=o&v[status_id][]=1&f[​]=tracker_id&op[tracker_id]=%3D&v[tracker_id][]=​6&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&​v[fixed_version_id][]=23&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=tr​acker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=as​signed_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=cf_3&group_by=
15:02 silbe #link OLPC-AU priorities list: https://dev.laptop.org.au/proj[…]es?set_filter=1&f[]=status_id&op[status_id]=o&v[status_id][]=1&f[​]=tracker_id&op[tracker_id]=%3D&v[tracker_id][]=​6&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&​v[fixed_version_id][]=23&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=tr​acker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]=as​signed_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=cf_3&group_by=
15:02 ah, too slow.
15:02 yama m_anish: I have a meeting with dirakx on Tues at 11am my time. I think we can turn that into a group discussion.
15:02 dirakx yama: agree
15:02 m_anish yama, +!
15:02 yama, what's ur TZ w.r.t UTC
15:03 yama m_anish: I'm UTC+10
15:03 Whom should I send the invitations to?
15:04 icarito if new activities is part of the agenda maybe me
15:04 activity bugs don't require a meeting to fix tho
15:05 still great to meet you on voice
15:05 m_anish yama, i'll be there at the meeting
15:05 yama maybe a unified strategy meeting to kick-off, or would that be too messy?
15:05 silbe yama: if I got the calculation right, that would be 01:00 UTC and 03:00 CEST, so I'm afraid you can count me out. I'm having trouble with phone calls anyway; combine that with foreign language and middle of the night...
15:05 yama silbe: yes, 01:00 UTC
15:06 silbe (trouble because of being (slightly) hearing impaired)
15:06 icarito count me in on strategy
15:06 yama silbe: understandable. International meetings are hard to organise
15:07 silbe yama: I'm always amazed at how well it works most of the time even though people are spread over three continents...
15:08 yama I've got dirakx, m_anish, icarito so far. Anyone else?
15:08 dirakx I think no one else. ;).
15:09 yama ok, invitation sent
15:09 silbe #info voice conference with OLPC-AU on 2011-07-12 01:00 UTC. Participants: dirakx, icarito, m_anish, yama.
15:10 yama if people pm me their skype id, I can connect with them
15:10 m_anish silbe, deme, you beat me to it :P
15:10 yama think I just need icarito
15:10 m_anish yama, i think i already have you, but not dirakx icarito
15:11 icarito yama: my skype contact is "sebatustra"
15:11 :-)
15:11 dirakx m_anish: my contact is dirakx
15:11 silbe ok, let's move on to the next topic.
15:11 #topic Report from m_anish
15:12 m_anish silbe, this is gonna be very short :)
15:12 silbe m_anish: to get back in sync, what have you been working on and what are you planning to do next week?
15:12 m_anish: perfect
15:13 m_anish I've been offline mostly for this week due to a family issue :/
15:13 but I'll be working from this week on, so on my agenda are...
15:14 (1) following up with yama, dirakx and figuring out roadmap and workflows for dx12
15:14 (2) meeting with silbe and hopefully erikos to figure out upstreaming our patches
15:15 (3) setting up/refreshing dx12/todo pages on the wiki
15:16 since dx12 platform devel is mostly being done by silbe right now, i'll support him where he needs help
15:17 silbe, <EOT> :P
15:17 silbe m_anish: sounds good. ok, next topic:
15:17 #topic Report from tch
15:18 tch: How's your work on multi-selection and network storage going?
15:20 yama is excited about those things
15:21 silbe tch: are you still with us?
15:21 dogi has quit IRC
15:21 dirakx seems not.
15:21 icarito would would like to discuss WebSDK release and ask the team for feedback
15:23 silbe ok, let's continue with icarito then
15:23 #topic Report from icarito
15:23 icarito so what has been under discussion for a while has resulted in this release
15:24 i need to document it on the wiki this week
15:24 http://people.sugarlabs.org/icarito/WebSDK-1.xo
15:24 #link http://people.sugarlabs.org/icarito/WebSDK-1.xo
15:25 its a bundle that embeds some python web framework stuff with webkit and some javascript libs
15:25 i plan on abstract some of the details off it to make it real simple to build activities with it
15:25 you can leverage any HTML knowlege for the UI of course
15:25 silbe icarito: does it contain binaries (libs)? If so, what distros does it work on?
15:26 icarito silbe: it contains only a webkit binary that it resorts to if it does not find one in the system
15:26 this binary comes from uy builds - took it from AguBrowser :-/
15:26 i mean :-P
15:26 silbe ok, so as long as webkit is installed it should work on any distro. Nice.
15:27 icarito yes also one big advantage is that you could deploy activities build in this fashion as web apps
15:27 to work on any browser
15:27 also collaboration should be cheap to implement as we can tunnel the http (not yet done)
15:28 also I built a small but cool IDE  on top of it
15:28 I'm calling it Webpy
15:28 :-)
15:28 so the bundle is a self-editable hello world
15:28 yama +1 for all of this
15:29 dirakx curiously mozilla is working on webapps activities concept. :).
15:29 icarito later on i can add a "deploy" option to deploy as dist_xo
15:29 currently there are some limitations but I plan on iron them out as I use it
15:30 latest changes were done all within the embedded IDE
15:30 silbe icarito: how does this relate to lucian's SSB / Webified work?
15:31 icarito silbe: I looked at webified, but it seems to only produce bundles as specialized browse activity that points to a website
15:31 silbe: websdk manages the backend as well
15:31 that is the server side runs on the XO laptop
15:31 silbe icarito: interesting (using the embedded IDE). Sounds like I should give it a try some time (as much as I dislike anything browser related :) ).
15:31 icarito this is how integration with journal and collaboration can be achieved
15:32 silbe icarito: ok, thanks for the explanation.
15:32 icarito silbe: the strategy is that there are many more professional web developers than sugar developers so I hope this excites the activity scenario a bit
15:32 silbe icarito: is there anything in particular you'd like to get feedback on or help with?
15:33 icarito: I've heard that song before (Karma)...
15:33 icarito silbe: I'm a bit confused with multiprocess/fork and IPC
15:33 silbe: i need an ipc mechanism i think i'll use dbus
15:34 but i'm confused as to what to use
15:34 the server component runs its on multithreaded process
15:34 silbe icarito: ok, we can chat a bit about that later today. Multithreading / multitasking is surprisingly tricky.
15:34 icarito silbe: yes that's why I decided to plainly fork for this implementation
15:34 luckily web apps are inherently multiprocess friendly
15:35 silbe icarito: even fork() can be tricky, especially if it's plain fork() with execl() directly afterwards...
15:35 icarito no outside execution, only one python file
15:35 silbe icarito: D-Bus in particular is almost impossible to work with except in a single thread / process.
15:36 icarito you can run the server component independently as well (python appservice.py 8080) and then look at the app on http://localhost:8080/
15:37 silbe: what I need it for is I'd like to have a framework wide signal/event mechanism but I realize this is a lot to ask
15:37 silbe icarito: let's discuss approaches later (FTR something with a select() loop is often the easiest to work with)
15:37 icarito thanks silbe
15:38 so guess that's it
15:38 now we can hire designers to do activities :-) lol
15:38 dogi <dogi!~omen@c-65-96-166-32.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:39 icarito </topic><!-- lol -->
15:40 silbe #topic Report from dirakx
15:41 dirakx quick: I've been working on AU activities Issues , resulting in some upstream work and other not upstreamed yet.
15:41 next week should be the same thing, the idea is to fix the mayority of bugs for the next AU release.
15:42 that's it ;).
15:43 silbe dirakx: ok. You were requesting help with Sugar core issues earlier this meeting; we'll follow up on that after the meeting.
15:43 dirakx silbe: +1.
15:43 silbe #topic Report from alsroot
15:43 alsroot does the same
15:44 silbe ok
15:44 anyone else with us? bernie, lucian?
15:44 lucian is lurking
15:45 silbe lucian: anything to report?
15:45 lucian nope, i've been busy with rl
15:45 silbe lucian: ok, fair enough :)
15:45 bernie is probably only with us in thoughts
15:45 yama dirakx: I can bump some of the harder activities problems to a later release (will will probably be DX12). Just let me know.
15:46 silbe #topic Report from silbe
15:46 icarito silbe: unlike karma, I avoid javascript where I can except in the view layer
15:46 dirakx yama: yep I was just going to tell you that, I'll comment on the bugs that would be nice to push to a later release.
15:46 yama: thanks.
15:47 silbe I've been going through the Dextrose 2 patches lately and posted a list of the DX2+3 patches on dextrose@ with some additional information (status, related work).
15:49 The OLPC microformat updater has been ported to Sugar 0.92 and cleaned up quite a bit, taking care of several failure scenarios like disk full and connection loss. Because of that, we'll have to re-test it thoroughly; I'd appreciate help with that. m_anish perhaps?
15:50 m_anish silbe, okay, I'd just need to flash my xo1.5 but its been giving problems lately (thermal shutdown :/) , but I'll figure a way around and let you know
15:50 cjl is now known as cjl_afk
15:50 m_anish silbe, is there a dx3/12 repo with updated rpms or are these just patches for now?
15:51 silbe Last week (> 7 days ago) I've been working on WebDAV interoperation, both exporting the data store (git://git.silbe.org/journal2webdav) and browsing WebDAV collections from within the Journal (GUI).
15:54 WebDAV is looking rather promising, it can even store Sugar metadata natively. Journal2webdav is a rather limited, but working prototype. I didn't get as far with the Journal integration; apart from needing more work there's the issue of gio / gvfs not exposing a sufficiently capable interface to WebDAV properties.
15:54 dirakx nice.
15:55 silbe I've started combining datastore-fuse and journal2webdav code, but no progress there this week.
15:55 m_anish: you might want to check whether the heat spreader is seated properly. I've never had an XO-1.5 shutdown due to thermal issues (though maybe throttled).
15:56 dogi has quit IRC
15:56 silbe m_anish: Check out the dextrose-3 branch in the dextrose repo for the sources, including the URLs to the yum repository.
15:56 m_anish silbe, I checked and it is :/ the xo1.5 is a engineering piece not a production one, maybe there was a known issue back then
15:56 yama silbe, m_anish: yes, possibly a heat spreader issue. I've fixed some XOs by reseating the spreader.
15:56 icarito has quit IRC
15:57 m_anish s/is/isn't/
15:57 silbe m_anish: DX3 won't contain the cleaned-up updater, though, it's too late in the cycle for that.
15:57 m_anish yama, i put some heat conducting grease in there as well, but didn't help
15:57 silbe, ok
15:57 silbe m_anish: too bad the XOs are not IP68, otherwise you could do "water cooling" in the swimming pool. ;)
15:58 icarito <icarito!~urk@190.157.137.22> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:58 yama m_anish: there's a known issue that made XOs wake up while the lid was closed. This has killed many of our XOs.
15:58 m_anish silbe, lol
15:58 yama m_anish: have you tried running the lid switches test in firmware?
15:58 m_anish yama, ok, but it happens in a few mins everytime from a cold start
15:58 icarito silbe: sugar just failed to warn me my battery ran out
15:58 silbe m_anish: that's definitely odd.
15:58 icarito its cool to be a user
15:59 silbe icarito: Sugar doesn't warn you about that. The hardware should warn you and powerd should shut the system down.
15:59 yama m_anish: I have seen this happen a lot before. You might have permanent hardware damage.
16:00 icarito silbe: the hardware that I expect to warn me is the screen
16:01 icarito has quit IRC
16:01 silbe icarito: then the software design doesn't meet your expectations. Feel free to add this topic to the Design Team agenda; especially on non-XOs it would be a good idea.
16:01 does anyone have another topic?
16:02 dirakx afk will  be back in 15 minutes.
16:02 icarito <icarito!~urk@190.157.137.22> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:02 silbe icarito: then the software design doesn't meet your expectations. Feel free to add this topic to the Design Team agenda; especially on non-XOs it would be a good idea.
16:02 icarito: do you have any other topic to discuss?
16:02 icarito nope
16:03 thanks for everything
16:04 yama I'd like to point to our list of issues that we'd like to have fixed for DX12: https://dev.laptop.org.au/proj[…]es?set_filter=1&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&v​[fixed_version_id][]=23&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=t​racker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]​=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=cf_3&group_by=
16:04 the objectives I linked to before are the overriding goals, but these are the individual tasks
16:04 silbe #topic OLPC-AU bugs to be fixed within DX-12 time line
16:05 #link https://dev.laptop.org.au/proj[…]es?set_filter=1&f[]=fixed_version_id&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&v​[fixed_version_id][]=23&f[]=&c[]=project&c[]=t​racker&c[]=status&c[]=priority&c[]=subject&c[]​=assigned_to&c[]=updated_on&c[]=cf_3&group_by=
16:05 wonders whether there's a shorter URL for the same query...
16:06 let's finish then...
16:06 yama the last version of redmine gave nicer urls
16:06 silbe 3
16:07 2
16:07 1
16:07 #endmeeting
16:07 meeting Meeting ended Sat Jul  9 16:07:38 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
16:07 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-09T14:31:36.html
16:07 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]11-07-09T14:31:36
16:07 silbe Thanks everyone for joining!
16:08 m_anish silbe, thanks for conducting the meeting :)
16:08 silbe I'll step out for a few minutes as well. If I don't come back there'll probably have been an explosion. ;)
16:09 m_anish: I can't always sneak my wait out of that duty :)
16:18 m_anish silbe, we'll rotate it from now on :) , me next week?
16:24 silbe m_anish: +1 & thanks for volunteering!
17:15 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@c-66-30-2-16.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:51 dirakx silbe: about AU and sugar-core, I guess the necesity there is to review yama's Links, and try to act upon them when possible.
17:55 silbe dirakx: ah, so there are some tickets that are activity related and you can handle them, but others are for Sugar core issues?
17:55 dirakx silbe: indeed.
17:58 silbe dirakx: ok. m_anish, tch and myself can handle those. Can you CC me on those tickets, please? I guess technically it's up to m_anish and tch to handle them (since they're the non-upstream devs), but it doesn't hurt if I know in advance what they'll be working on. And there's a good chance upstream is interested in it anyway.
17:58 dirakx silbe: sounds good.
17:59 now that they are registered there i can do the CCing.
18:00 dirakx1 <dirakx1!~rafael@190.156.115.38> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:00 silbe dirakx: good. Feel free to ping me (on IRC or via email) if there's anything else you need help with.
18:01 dirakx silbe: thanks.
18:12 dogi <dogi!~omen@c-65-96-166-32.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:44 dogi has quit IRC
19:44 marcopg has quit IRC
19:46 marcopg <marcopg!~marcopg@80.83.125.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:46 marcopg has quit IRC
19:46 marcopg <marcopg!~marcopg@80.83.125.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:15 icarito has quit IRC
21:00 lucian has quit IRC
21:04 silbe has quit IRC
21:15 tabs <tabs!~Tabitha@60-234-149-159.bitstream.orcon.net.nz> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:15 tabs has quit IRC
22:01 yama` <yama`!~yama@124-168-60-105.dyn.iinet.net.au> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:01 yama` has quit IRC
22:01 yama` <yama`!~yama@ubuntu/member/yama> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:04 yama has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster