Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2011-04-02

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:07 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
00:13 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@108.111.44.124> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:25 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
00:29 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@173-144-29-172.pools.spcsdns.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:32 m_anish is now known as m_anish_afk
00:59 CanoeBerry_ <CanoeBerry_!~CanoeBerr@174-146-106-147.pools.spcsdns.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:00 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
01:00 CanoeBerry_ is now known as CanoeBerry
01:05 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
01:10 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@108.111.152.48> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:15 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
01:19 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@184.240.38.237> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:21 lucian has quit IRC
01:23 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
01:28 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@184.242.151.17> has joined #sugar-meeting
01:58 dogi has quit IRC
02:05 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:16 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
02:38 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@64.134.45.24> has joined #sugar-meeting
02:55 icarito has quit IRC
03:00 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
03:02 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:13 icarito has quit IRC
03:36 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:37 tch has left #sugar-meeting
03:39 dogi <dogi!~nemo@c-65-96-166-32.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
03:55 satellit__ is now known as satellit__afk
04:21 icarito has quit IRC
06:24 dogi has left #sugar-meeting
09:20 silbe <silbe!~silbe@twin.sascha.silbe.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
10:12 lucian <lucian!~lucian@78-86-217-168.zone2.bethere.co.uk> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:26 satellit__afk is now known as satellit__
11:50 satellit_gn3 <satellit_gn3!~satellit@208-100-148-220.bendbroadband.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:47 m_anish_afk is now known as m_anish
13:05 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@130.156.1.78> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:13 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.226> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:15 satellit_gn3 has quit IRC
13:24 icarito has quit IRC
13:31 satellit_gn3 <satellit_gn3!~satellit@208-100-148-220.bendbroadband.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:37 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.137> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:00 bernie m_anish, icarito, dfarning_afk, silbe, lucian, dirakx: meeting?
14:00 icarito hi
14:00 sure
14:00 dirakx hi all.
14:00 m_anish bernie, i'm online but won't be very responsive ... watching cricket world cup Final in which India isn't doing all that well :/
14:01 bernie, i can see if dfarning_afk is up
14:01 icarito cookin breakfast
14:01 lucian cgaertner: /me waves
14:01 bernie who would like to chair?
14:02 lucian bah
14:02 m_anish bernie, looks like he's sleeping
14:02 bernie m_anish: we could wait a bit, I'm in no hurry
14:02 dirakx +1 for waiting a little.
14:02 icarito +1
14:02 m_anish bernie, should i try and wake him? :)
14:04 bernie m_anish: err... at your own risk :)
14:05 silbe listening
14:06 m_anish bernie, he's sleeping pretty well... my feeble attempts to wake him failed :P
14:06 lucian is a bit busy. say my name if you need me
14:09 bernie m_anish: ok, let's try again at 11:00? icarito and dirakx are both in favor
14:09 m_anish bernie, its 11 here, what's the time there?
14:09 bernie m_anish: besides, tch and silbe are also missing
14:09 m_anish: oops... ok, then 12:00 your time
14:09 that is, in 1hr
14:09 silbe bernie: I'm still listening ^^
14:10 icarito so now +50min?
14:10 m_anish bernie, ok, i'll pour water over him, if he doesn't wake up by then :P
14:10 dirakx :)
14:12 tch <tch!~tch@107.44.217.201.res.adsl.dyn.click.com.py> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:13 bernie tch: tincho sama!
14:13 tch bernie: oioi!
14:13 bernie tch: we decided to wait a bit for more people to come... is that ok with you?
14:13 tch sure
14:13 who else is here?
14:14 bernie tch: dirakx, icarito, m_anish, silbe
14:15 tch dirakx, icarito, m_anish, silbe: Hello guys!
14:15 m_anish (m_anish * 0.5)
14:15 tch m_anish: hows that final going?
14:15 m_anish tch, bad :(
14:16 tch m_anish: ;/
14:17 bernie final what?
14:18 icarito has quit IRC
14:18 bernie game?
14:19 silbe bernie: waiting is fine with me. Just ping me before you start.
14:20 m_anish bernie, cricket World Cup (weird sport everybdy in Ind is crazy abt) :)  http://www.espnstar.com/cwclive/
14:22 dfarning_afk is now known as dfarning
14:30 walterbender <walterbender!~webchat@jita.sugarlabs.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:30 dfarning good morning all. Am I in the right time zone?
14:31 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.163> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:32 dirakx dfarning: just about 30 minutes ahead.
14:34 dfarning dirakx thanks -- I stayed up all night learning spanish.... I went to the bank yesterday with tch and felt like a 5 year old with his dad:-/
14:35 dirakx haha np, dfarning spanish is somewhat complex to learn, that's what people said to me.
14:36 silbe dfarning: actually you're 30 minutes late. It's already 14:36 UTC :)
14:37 dirakx gramatics, and verbs.  times..and all  of that. similar to french in  that  complexity.
14:48 icarito has quit IRC
14:48 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.163> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:48 silbe has quit IRC
14:50 silbe <silbe!~silbe@2001:6f8:120a:0:1e65:9dff:fec1:22aa> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:58 dfarning dirakx are you up for leading the meeting this morning?
15:00 dirakx dfarning: he! o.k..although I always forget the meeting bot commands.
15:00 meeting:
15:00 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
15:01 dirakx meeting: help
15:01 meeting dirakx: (help [<plugin>] [<command>]) -- This command gives a useful description of what <command> does. <plugin> is only necessary if the command is in more than one plugin.
15:02 dirakx ok now i'm remembering. :)
15:02 bernie is present
15:02 icarito has quit IRC
15:03 dirakx ok when shall we start..?
15:03 dfarning this is a good time:)
15:04 dirakx silbe: m_anish  tch
15:04 dfarning dirakx everyone except in alsroot is around.
15:04 m_anish is listening
15:04 dirakx #startmeeting
15:04 meeting Meeting started Sat Apr  2 15:04:35 2011 UTC. The chair is dirakx. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:04 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
15:04 dirakx hi all.
15:05 topics to propose or anyone wants to start ?.
15:05 #topic weekly updates
15:05 #TOPIC weekly updates
15:05 dfarning m_anish is watching the cricket world cup.... a crazy sport for Indians
15:06 dirakx I've never understood rules of cricket..
15:06 ;)
15:06 ok my update for now,
15:07 dfarning http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
15:07 dirakx dfarning: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Dogi/meeting i'm on this one.
15:07 dfarning dirakx yes that is probobly better.
15:08 dirakx we worked with m_anish on the new list of activities for dextrose international build.
15:08 branching pootle for sugar-0.92, new strings are ready to translators to jump in.
15:08 bernie dirakx: that's no longer up to date... we switched to a different bot
15:08 dirakx: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
15:09 dirakx bernie: oh ok.
15:09 about pootle there are tons of documentation on Service/translate on the wiki.
15:10 minor activities fixes. also..and we have a work distribution with icarito. now.
15:10 silbe bernie: why does the bot itself say the doc is at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot then?
15:10 dfarning dirakx can you post a link to the translation website?
15:10 bernie silbe: yes, that's the correct page. the one in Dogi's user page is the obsolete one
15:11 dirakx #link http://translate.sugarlabs.org[…]ojects/glucose92/
15:12 we decided to have one developer as first responder and the other one to suppor each activity,
15:12 distribution is described here
15:12 #link http://openetherpad.org/EL5g7TqHEI
15:13 that's my update for now.
15:13 m_anish I can quickly give mine :)
15:14 dirakx m_anish: go ahead.
15:14 m_anish status update
15:14 (1) os506 dx2-build release email/wiki updates/4x1 page docs
15:14 (2) Tested out f14-os14 (looked good :-))
15:14 (3) Worked with tch on feedback server side stuff
15:14 (4) Worked on rpm for XS w/o internet connectivity. Will test on Monday.
15:14 Plans for next week
15:14 (1) roll out updates for py
15:14 (2) start work on dx3 ... need little input from silbe, bernie
15:14 (3) Bug triage for dx2/3
15:14 (4) Discuss activity list with py (wasn't able to do that this week)
15:14 (5) Go to caacupe
15:15 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.76> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:15 m_anish comments/questions?
15:15 bernie m_anish: KUDOS TO YOU AND TCH!!!
15:15 dirakx bernie: +1.
15:15 dfarning dirakx let's try not to refer to activites as 'low' in public..... the rating is just an internal priority list not a reflection of their 'value'.
15:15 m
15:15 dirakx dfarning: ack
15:15 you are right.
15:16 dfarning m_anish i thought the dx3 relase was an april fools joke.
15:16 tch :)
15:16 m_anish :)
15:16 silbe dfarning: the DX3 was one, just not the DX2 one ;)
15:16 m_anish dfarning, its dx2 (that wasn't a joke)
15:16 dfarning sorry dx2 release.
15:16 dirakx m_anish: I liked the sugar-dev mail also..nice.
15:17 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.55> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:17 m_anish dirakx, tch reviewed it
15:17 icaritox reading backlog
15:17 dfarning ok that looks good -- so much of your work this week involves coordinating with silbe on patch statuse for DX3?
15:17 dirakx icaritox we are doing updates now.
15:18 m_anish dfarning, yep, part of it. I'll hav to be one day in caacupe, maybe you and tch would like to come?
15:19 dfarning m_anish let's wait to talk to PY about activites for a few weeks. they are busy! and dirakx and icaritox have a good inital list.
15:19 dirakx +1
15:19 tch m_anish: +1 who else is going this week (from pyedu)?
15:19 dfarning m_anish I will try to go.
15:19 bernie silbe: i must have missed the announcement of DX3... where did you post it?
15:19 m_anish dfarning, yep
15:19 bernie, silbe, was there one?
15:20 bernie m_anish: dfarning said so... or so it seemed
15:20 icarito has quit IRC
15:20 silbe bernie: there was no DX3 announcement on any list
15:20 m_anish tch, not sure
15:20 bernie m_anish: ah, ok. i got it... it was just a typo.
15:21 dfarning bernie yes typo
15:22 dirakx icaritox: shall you continue with your update ? .
15:22 bernie btw, shall we make some plans for DX3, now that DX2 is released?
15:22 dfarning m_anish how about the long term priority list for you tch and silbe on DX3, do you need to coordinat with bernie on that?
15:22 dirakx oh ok..wait.
15:22 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.82.180> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:23 m_anish bernie, +1
15:23 bernie, silbe tch i think we initially settled on making a dx3 release with all dx2 patches rebased on top of f14...
15:24 I guess we also decided to focus on (a) activities (b) what major features we could work on
15:24 silbe m_anish: as final goal or intermediate one?
15:24 m_anish silbe, intermediate
15:24 dfarning m_anish will that take about 2-3 weeks to sort out patches?
15:24 icaro__ dirakx, i wrote the update this week
15:25 btw thanks bernie and all for your kind feedback on it
15:25 dirakx icaro__: no  i meant in this meeting ;).
15:25 m_anish dfarning, silbe knows best :) we can help him in whatever way he wants...
15:25 icaro__ dirakx, yes I understand but my point was I feel pretty up to date
15:25 m_anish silbe, is that fine :)
15:26 also, we could do a run through http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose/3/Todo like we did for dx2 sometime and figure out what we can target?
15:26 icaro__ only update is that they've ended the first week of filming in peru http://experimentaltv.org/xotv
15:26 icaritox has quit IRC
15:26 dfarning m_anish ok so sible is takeing the lead for the next couple of weeks as we sort out the patches.... with your and tch's help.
15:27 bernie m_anish: +1
15:27 dfarning m_anish then you can take the lead on the todo list?
15:27 dirakx #link  http:// http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose/3/Todo
15:27 silbe m_anish: let me get a working DX3 image that only pulls in "my" packages instead of those by SMParrish, see what's broken / missing and go over the todo list afterwards.
15:28 bernie silbe: ok
15:28 silbe with the see what's broken + todo list in cooperation with you (tch, m_anish, etc.) that is
15:28 m_anish silbe, makes sense, while you do that, we can figure out what 'new' stuff we should target, and keep working on the bugs as we have
15:28 silbe m_anish: working on bugs is always a good idea :)
15:29 dirakx silbe: +1.
15:29 tch its unavoidable :)
15:29 haha
15:29 bernie yes, everybody fix bugs please!
15:29 m_anish has been out of touch with 0.92 . need to figure out bugs that cause the most pains :)
15:30 silbe we'll have plenty of bugs to kill for DX3, so the more you fix that were already in DX2 the better
15:30 bernie m_anish: the worst onese are in collaboration, it seems... but erikos is already working on fixing them
15:30 tch bernie:  thats a relief
15:31 m_anish silbe, yep, and whatever platform bugs we fix can slowly go in as updates to the laptops using dx2, if its an important fix.
15:31 silbe m_anish: plus that, of course :)
15:32 m_anish okay, so while silbe works on dx3 image, we can focus on finding what bugs to fix :)... there are still a few open with the dx2 keyword on the bug-tracker.
15:32 silbe m_anish: so you're free to help on DX3 now?
15:32 m_anish silbe, relatively :)
15:32 silbe ok :)
15:32 dirakx ok we can talk more  about dx3 after meeting
15:33 anymore updates ?.
15:33 dfarning tch^ ?
15:34 tch well, I think my updates are similar to m_anish except that I been working closely on (implementing/testing/deploying) the feedback server stuff
15:35 dfarning tch what do you have after feedback server? general bug fixing?
15:35 tch any blockers?
15:36 icaro__ feedback server? sounds interesting
15:37 tch Well, started/finished the mailer script which sends the reports in a (little more human readable format) to a ML to which me and anish are subscribed
15:38 is already running on pyedu servers
15:38 dirakx nice.
15:38 pflores <pflores!~pflores@r186-48-24-98.dialup.adsl.anteldata.net.uy> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:38 dirakx hi pflores
15:38 pflores hi!
15:39 tch we will ask permission to pyedu to share that information with some of you :)
15:40 m_anish: ^
15:40 dirakx tch: +1. I'm interested in activity feedback.
15:40 dfarning icaro__ it is part of the QA push for DX3 we will have 1) automatic reporting of bugs via feedback system 2) foramal regression testing and 3) expolitory classroom testing.
15:40 m_anish tch, +1
15:41 icaro__ dfarning, +1 QA is vital
15:42 dirakx ok anyone more updates or toics you want to propose ?.
15:42 topics*
15:42 icaro__ it would be interesting to have sugar send logs when an activity crashes
15:42 pflores What topics are you discussing?
15:43 dirakx pflores: for now it's just weekly updates.
15:43 pflores ok
15:43 dirakx like updates from everyone's work in the week.
15:44 silbe how about SugarCamp?
15:44 dirakx +1.
15:44 dfarning pflores can you give us a brief update on your progress from last week ande goal for next week?
15:44 tch guess ill do some diagrams of how the feedback server works :)
15:44 silbe: +1
15:45 dirakx tch: some docs would be useful, thanks.
15:45 ;)
15:45 icaro__ dirakx, perhaps we can have a feedback option in about panes
15:45 m_anish tch, yep :)
15:45 pflores Ok, I've been completely focusing on the summit, which is going pretty well
15:45 dirakx icaro__: yep..but this would be only for DX, I don't think that it's a feature for upstream.
15:46 icaro__ tch, dirakx and I are planning on adding "About this activity" panes to activities - perhaps a feedback link could be interesting
15:46 pflores We have a good set of confirmed participants: http://ceibaljam.org/node/1108
15:46 we'll be around 12 in the code sprint
15:46 icaro__ pflores, congratulaciones el evento se ve muy interesante
15:47 pflores Now we're trying to finalize the program definition
15:47 for which we would like to know which panels/keynotes you would like to have in the summit
15:47 silbe dirakx: +1 on keeping automated feedback downstream for now. We can't handle the traffic upstream anyway. If we tell the user we reported the bug upstream, they'll be disappointed if there's no reply at all.
15:48 icaro__ dirakx, unless upstream is interested - that requieres a process of proposing to design team i guess
15:48 dirakx silbe: +1.
15:48 pflores Particularly: what panels you would be interested in participating
15:48 dfarning +1 the program looks great. It shifts from high level education focused tour -> gritty technical details as the wek progresses.
15:49 pflores icaro__: Si! Viste mi mail?
15:49 silbe pflores: what are the plans for remote collaboration? Including, but not limited to the code sprints.
15:49 dirakx icaro__:  about panes should be discussed but w/o the feedbak feature for now.
15:50 icaro__ pflores, si lo estoy contestando ahora - en resumen  - no podr
15:50 dirakx, +1
15:50 pflores silbe: We're working on having a live streaming service. I think we should also use IRC and a twitter/identi.ca hashtag
15:50 silbe: for the code sprint I think IRC would be the best, what do you think?
15:51 dfarning tch and I talked to Rodolfo D. Arce from UUA yesterday -- he mantioned that his education coworker was going to try to attend the tour + summit and he (the tech guy) was going to attend the summit plus sprint.
15:51 silbe pflores: +1 to IRC. Please don't spread anything over twitter exclusively, though - it was very hard for me to follow during the last community summit. :-/
15:52 pflores silbe: ok
15:52 dirakx IRC/Live-streaming  combination sounds good.
15:53 pflores Regarding to the tour, we're closing suscriptions, already on capacity
15:53 silbe pflores: IRC should work well enough if it actually gets used. We're having a bit of a bad track record with that, so I try to nag early and often about it.
15:53 moving indoors, already got a sunburn :-/ brb
15:53 dfarning pflores excellent!
15:53 pflores silbe: some suggestion to make it work well?
15:55 dirakx Tour sounds like fun!.
15:55 pflores: I think silbe is changing places.
15:56 ok i think we can endmeeting for now..
15:56 1
15:56 2
15:56 #endmeeting
15:56 meeting Meeting ended Sat Apr  2 15:56:21 2011 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
15:56 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]-02T15:04:35.html
15:56 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]11-04-02T15:04:35
15:56 dirakx ok we can keep talking :).
15:57 pflores dirakx: changing places?
15:57 dfarning dirakx thanks -- nicely lead meeting  1hour exactly -- if pflores has time, I would like to hear more about the summit and how we can make the code sprint effective.
15:57 dirakx pflores: like going indoors. ;)
15:57 silbe re
15:57 dirakx dfarning: +1
15:58 tch I need to go out for a while, talk you guys later, take care.
15:58 pflores ok, that's a good point, how to make the code sprint effective
15:58 tch: bye!!!
15:58 silbe pflores: if possible, have a dedicated person (i.e. somebody not doing anything else) do live transcription to IRC. mchua and a few others were quite awesome during the community summit.
15:59 pflores I had a somehow crazy idea yesterday I would like to discuss with you
15:59 silbe: what you mean with transcription?
15:59 dirakx tch: take care.
16:00 silbe pflores: we might try VoIP some time, but at it's probably too late this time. I still didn't get it to work here (behind double NAT).
16:01 dfarning pflores some people type fast enough that they can keep up with the in room conversation on the IRC channel!
16:01 silbe pflores: somebody typing into IRC what gets spoken in a room at the summit
16:01 pflores What if we had an initial meeting for discussing priorities, and then go for 1 morning to a school to discuss it with a group of teachers? Maybe we could make a commitment in issues to work in. Do you think it could be effective?
16:01 silbe dfarning ok
16:02 I'm afraid mchua is not comming :(
16:02 I wonder who could do it...
16:02 Maybe VoIP is a possible choice
16:02 dfarning pflores the most import thing for a greate sprint is alignment -- getting everybody working together on a single 'theme' for a short period or time.
16:03 pflores or at least stream what's happening in the room...
16:03 silbe pflores: VoIP is still hard if you don't have control over the NAT gateway. :(
16:04 pflores silbe: yeah, maybe streaming is better
16:04 dfarning + the theme must be broad enough that everyone present must be able to contibute yet focused enough for a great sense of acomplishment.
16:04 satellit_gn3 has quit IRC
16:05 icaro__ has quit IRC
16:05 dfarning preferable a theme where every thing is very modulare.  Ie no one is blocked by anyone else.
16:06 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.39> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:08 silbe pflores: I guess you mean simplex communication - that should work well enough if set up in advance, yep. And for the back channel we at least have IRC.
16:08 (VoIP is "streaming", too)
16:08 pflores silbe: right
16:09 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.222> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:09 pflores dfarning: Yes, I think the biggest question for that is how democratic should we be
16:09 should we have a benevolent dictator defining the working topics?
16:10 or better trying to make a democratic agreement on the 1st day of the code sprint?
16:10 icaro__ has quit IRC
16:10 dfarning pflores that is a good question for CeibalJam - will anyone from ceibalJam be available to coordinate the sprint.
16:11 pflores My thought is that if we want to do it the democratic way, going to a school is a good idea for ensuring commitment
16:11 silbe pflores: maybe we can get dogi to set up some kind of "stream repeater / distributor" (don't know what the right term is) on treehouse that receives the incoming stream from the summit and send it to all connected clients? dogi likes playing with server software. ;)
16:11 pflores I we want a dictator then the big question is who should it be
16:12 silbe: would be great!
16:12 dfarning pflores I suggest a lead developer from a deployment.
16:13 pflores dfarning: I'm not sure how many ceibalJAM's developers will be able to participate during the week...
16:13 dfarning pflores let's think about this more over the week. I have been studying the blender code sprints -- they are some of the most effective in all of open source.
16:14 pflores ok, it would be great to get that experience
16:15 silbe pflores: we'd need something on the summit side to send a stream to the server. I.e. somebody needs to set up a DV camera connected to a computer that streams live to our server. For a start you'll need the hardware (DV cameras)...
16:15 oh, and good microphones are crucial. There'll be a _lot_ of noise.
16:15 pflores silbe: is a webcam ok
16:15 ?
16:16 I have a question about the venues for the summit
16:16 sorry, for the sprint
16:17 We could do the sprint in the same place of the summit, we could have a good room there, BUT
16:17 silbe pflores: It might be better than nothing, but most likely the result won't be very useful. Depends on the camera - a good hi-res one might work, but most are el-cheapo.
16:17 pflores we could work there from 9AM to 7PM, not later, and I'm afaid many developers may prefer to work overnight
16:18 silbe: I'm worried about the bandwidth consumption of the streaming...
16:18 dfarning pflores the number one priority for the sprint facility is quite -- there will be many passionate developers all talking at the same time:) carpet and/or sound absorbation material is a must.
16:19 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.80> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:20 pflores dfarning: don't you see any problems with the working times?
16:20 silbe pflores: if you have high quality input, it should compress better. Noise is usually random and thus incompressible.
16:20 nubae <nubae!~nubae@88.185.20.95.dynamic.jazztel.es> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:21 icarito has quit IRC
16:21 nubae take i meeting is almost over
16:21 Horrible connectivity problwms with trillian+
16:21 pflores dfarning: in that it may be better using an office, like the one Creatica offered us. The problem with it is that we could not use it in the mornings... Anyway we could look for another place
16:21 nubae proprietary piece of crap
16:22 pflores hi nubae!
16:22 dfarning I think those times should be good. Then people have time to take a break in the evening.  If the sprint goes too late in the evening ... everyone sleeps in the next day.
16:22 nubae hi pflores !!!
16:23 wnated to talk to u whenever u have a moment
16:23 icaritox has quit IRC
16:23 nubae concerning running our own status.net
16:23 pflores nubae: wanna talk now?
16:23 dfarning nubae yes the meeting is over -- now some follow on conversation.
16:23 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.92> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:23 nubae welll Ineed to be able to login to the damn VM
16:23 and for some reason I cant
16:24 all I need is to install status.net
16:25 dfarning nubae which vm
16:25 nubae u seen dogi around?
16:25 just one he set up for me to install status.net and other social networking utils
16:25 perhaps habari/wordpress
16:25 dfarning nubae he was in sugar this morning
16:26 nubae u know expand our line of of products
16:26 here people are going nuts for that stufff
16:26 my teaching revolves around 3 things:, well 4
16:26 seo with url rewrites
16:27 icaritox has quit IRC
16:27 nubae habari or wordpress or even tumblr for blogging
16:28 dfarning nubae is this related to the school server?
16:28 nubae and finally design of jooomla and drupal plugins, customised
16:28 no no
16:28 dfarning ahh ok --
16:29 nubae just saying.... thhis is what my teaching revolves around
16:29 so... to kinda catch up a bit I thought it would be great for me and pflores to do something similar there
16:30 starting ONLLY with status.net
16:30 and then see where it goes
16:31 u know... someone might come in and say hmmmm I'd really like my blog to feed tweets t te statust.net sugar portal
16:32 and then someone else would go.... hmmmm wow and that joomla looks ike powerful cms stuff.... we could tie that into our .#sugar status.net
16:32 Now... I'm thinking toooooooootallly out lout
16:33 so u can disregard most of my comments... its just that.... trends... well..... the seem to catch o if they ar eany good
16:33 pflores silbe: I'm taking your proposal to the organization team to see what we can do. Can you talk to dogi to see what support he may give us?
16:34 silbe pflores: thanks! I'll try to convince dogi.
16:43 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.82.167> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:47 lucian has quit IRC
16:52 icaritox has quit IRC
16:54 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.186> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:01 silbe has quit IRC
17:01 silbe <silbe!~silbe@twin.sascha.silbe.org> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:03 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.245> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:06 icarito has quit IRC
17:07 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.165> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:10 icaritox has quit IRC
17:15 icaro__ has quit IRC
17:16 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.190> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:22 icarito has quit IRC
17:34 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.3> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:38 icarito has quit IRC
17:39 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.82.6> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:41 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.92> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:41 icarito has quit IRC
17:43 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.82.18> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:46 icaritox has quit IRC
17:53 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.170> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:56 icaro__ has quit IRC
17:57 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.146> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:00 icaritox has quit IRC
18:01 icaro__ has quit IRC
18:03 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.65> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:05 icarito has quit IRC
18:18 SeanDaly <SeanDaly!~seandaly@92.90.20.3> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:19 walterbender hi SeanDaly
18:19 SeanDaly hi walterbender
18:19 walterbender SeanDaly: do I want to set up forwarding to google?
18:20 SeanDaly: I don't see anything about transferring numbers
18:20 SeanDaly no the concept is to clone gizmo5 acct info into ggl vox acct they claimed this was an easy process
18:22 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.56> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:23 walterbender SeanDaly: not obvious... I clicked on the google voice link and it asking to set up a new number...
18:23 maybe I need to do that first and then xfer the old number?
18:23 I'll try
18:23 SeanDaly however it may have just been pr damage control ggl vox svc was always inferior to gizmo5
18:24 ok but i just remembered sthing else,
18:24 the mail from gizmo5 from 10 days ago said need to check with local phone co to keep number
18:25 i suspect we cannot in fact easily keep number.
18:25 in this case better to forget about this, we can choose best provider after eval
18:25 walterbender OK...
18:27 SeanDaly: go back to your family... talk to you this week.
18:27 SeanDaly signinh off now will research the topic later thanks :-)
18:29 dirakx is now known as dirakx_afk
18:39 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!~CanoeBerr@108.121.137.83> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:47 SeanDaly has quit IRC
19:15 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.187> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:17 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.208> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:17 walterbender has quit IRC
19:18 icarito has quit IRC
19:18 icaritox has quit IRC
19:21 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.82.42> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:24 icaro__ has quit IRC
19:25 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:28 icaritox has quit IRC
19:29 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.82.54> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:32 icaro__ has quit IRC
19:36 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.82.45> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:38 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.143.81.208> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:38 icaritox has quit IRC
19:40 icaro__ has quit IRC
19:41 icaritox <icaritox!~icaro@190.143.81.89> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:44 icarito has quit IRC
19:45 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.115> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:48 icaritox has quit IRC
19:48 icaro__ has quit IRC
20:03 dfarning is now known as dfarning_afk
20:06 icaro__ <icaro__!~icaro@190.143.81.80> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:16 icaro__ has quit IRC
20:30 CanoeBerry has quit IRC
21:16 nubae has quit IRC
21:32 m_anish is now known as m_anish_afk
22:18 m_anish_afk is now known as m_anish
22:40 silbe has quit IRC
23:22 pflores has quit IRC

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster