Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2010-12-23

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
00:33 dirakx <dirakx!rafael@190.156.123.164> has joined #sugar-meeting
00:40 m_anish is now known as m_anish_afk
01:15 m_anish_afk is now known as m_anish
03:48 m_anish is now known as m_anish_afk
04:10 alsroot_away is now known as alsroot
04:16 CanoeBerry <CanoeBerry!CanoeBerry@c-66-31-36-7.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
04:18 gangil <gangil!~gangil@unaffiliated/gangil> has joined #sugar-meeting
06:14 manusheel_afk is now known as manusheel
06:21 garycmartin has quit IRC
09:07 gangil has quit IRC
10:10 manusheel is now known as manusheel_afk
10:18 manusheel_afk is now known as manusheel
11:16 dirakx has quit IRC
11:18 manusheel is now known as manusheel_afk
11:24 garycmartin <garycmartin!~garycmart@95.146.9.73> has joined #sugar-meeting
11:43 gangil <gangil!~gangil@unaffiliated/gangil> has joined #sugar-meeting
12:22 dirakx <dirakx!rafael@190.156.123.164> has joined #sugar-meeting
13:02 manusheel_afk is now known as manusheel
13:22 walterbender_ <walterbender_!~chatzilla@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
14:58 gangil is now known as gangil_afk
15:16 tch has quit IRC
15:36 tch <tch!~tch@190.52.138.90> has joined #sugar-meeting
15:43 m_anish_afk is now known as m_anish
16:04 valhalla has quit IRC
16:06 valhalla <valhalla!~valhalla@81-174-24-5.dynamic.ngi.it> has joined #sugar-meeting
16:19 gangil_afk has quit IRC
16:19 gangil <gangil!~gangil@unaffiliated/gangil> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:15 walterbender_ has quit IRC
17:25 adborden <adborden!~aaborden@c-67-188-34-106.hsd1.ca.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:31 gangil has left #sugar-meeting
17:36 alsroot is now known as alsroot_away
17:49 gangil <gangil!~gangil@unaffiliated/gangil> has joined #sugar-meeting
17:52 adborden has quit IRC
17:52 satellit_ is now known as satellit_afk
17:59 walterbender_ <walterbender_!~chatzilla@146-115-134-246.c3-0.nwt-ubr​1.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:46 yevlempy <yevlempy!~yevlempy@115.248.34.146> has joined #sugar-meeting
18:48 yevlempy has quit IRC
19:42 jelkner <jelkner!~jelkner@c-69-242-50-72.hsd1.nj.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
19:59 walterbender_ hola todas
20:00 JT4sugar <JT4sugar!~JT@108.115.65.132> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:02 walterbender_ while we are waiting for our quorum, any regex hackers out there?
20:02 I am a bit rusty and I have a simple problem I am trying to solve...
20:04 jelkner hi walterbender
20:05 walterbender_ hi jeff
20:05 jelkner: I may be in town early Feb.
20:05 jelkner great
20:05 walterbender_ jelkner: the State Dept. is holding an education event...
20:05 jelkner we should tell mike lee
20:05 walterbender_ I'll forward the details as soon as I have them
20:06 jelkner and see if we can plan a meeting while you are here
20:06 walterbender_ jelkner: we've been discussing various Learn English initiatives
20:06 jelkner i'm very interested
20:06 i work with ESL students most of the day
20:07 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.157.140.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:07 walterbender_ jelkner: check out http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/O[…]ng-log-2010-12-16
20:07 jelkner if you have any activities you would like me to try with our students
20:07 walterbender_ hola icarito
20:07 jelkner let me know
20:07 icarito hello walterbender
20:07 walterbender_ icarito: I heard back from Suzanne Hall today (but not Oscar :( )
20:08 icarito walterbender, excellent, what a shame about oscar
20:09 has the meeting started yet?
20:09 walterbender_ icarito: Suzanne wants to definitely do something with Maureen Orth
20:09 icarito: waiting for quorum (again)
20:09 icarito walterbender, dirakx and I were discussing yesterday about what the next steps would be
20:09 walterbender_ cjb is on holiday, I believe
20:10 not sure about everyone else...
20:10 bernie has been spending his time in the FSF colo trying to get their servers stablized :P
20:11 icarito bernie is my hero
20:11 :-)
20:11 walterbender_ icarito: we should come up with a short list of tangible projects and perhaps run them past Maureen before getting back to Suzanne
20:11 acaire11 <acaire11!~webchat@diabetes-3.media.mit.edu> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:12 walterbender_ haven't heard from mel or adam or aleksey
20:12 icarito walterbender, dirakx do we have maybe a contact with maureen orth?
20:12 walterbender_ could be a bit too ambitious to have scheduled this meeting on the 23rd of December :)
20:13 while we are waiting, a couple of other things going on:
20:14 (1) the Sugar Labs Slipstream cycling team seems to be happening... it is being thus referred to in the cycling press
20:15 I will be meeting with them in late January/early Feb. to discuss details of how we may leverage their presence to promote Sugar
20:15 (2) I will be going to CES to talk with a couple of OEMs about Sugar... stay tuned
20:17 CanoeBerry slow day / mad day, hi all!
20:17 icarito okay we are planing a Somos Azucar meeting for next tuesday
20:17 walterbender_ (3) I have been talking with an educator at Johns Hopkins about how we might add some interesting metrics into the Journal... again, stay tuned
20:18 dirakx reading backlog.
20:18 walterbender_ icarito: maybe I can join the Tuesday meeting
20:18 icarito walterbender, that would be great we will be holding it via IRC I think but we are thinking about opening a voice channel also
20:18 walterbender_ hi CanoeBerry
20:18 icarito walterbender, it will be held at 10AM EST tuesday 28th
20:19 walterbender_ icarito: what channel?
20:19 SeanDaly <SeanDaly!~chatzilla@80.214.253.88> has joined #sugar-meeting
20:19 CanoeBerry our olpcMAP Sprint's unreleased Peru film will be 5PM Tues Dec 28:
20:19 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP#Schedule
20:19 icarito walterbender, i forgot to specify - #sugar-meeting would be the easiest i think
20:20 hello CanoeBerry
20:20 SeanDaly hi everyone
20:20 icarito CanoeBerry, tell us more about this Peru film
20:20 hi SeanDaly
20:21 CanoeBerry icarito: read above, it's unreleased so your guess is as good as mine :)
20:21 walterbender_ SeanDaly: did you see the Sugar Labs Slipstream news today?
20:21 SeanDaly: nothing remarkable except that they are now referring to the team as SL Slipstream :)
20:21 icarito CanoeBerry, i was confused by your calling it "our...film"
20:22 walterbender_ CanoeBerry: streaming?
20:22 CanoeBerry (http://vimeo.com/12642469 represents a very early draft of Audubon Dougherty's work)
20:23 icarito CanoeBerry, ah yes we heard from his work
20:23 CanoeBerry No streaming plans to date.  Am not even sure Audubon's plans around releasing/selling her film she's now working hard on finalizing :)
20:23 Will ask.
20:23 SeanDaly walterbender: no missed that
20:24 it's cool
20:25 walterbender_ SeanDaly: http://nyvelocity.com/content/[…]-signs-sugar-labs :)
20:25 SeanDaly and: http://velocitynation.com/cont[…]stream-conti-team
20:25 walterbender_ SeanDaly: still waiting to see the jersey...
20:26 SeanDaly: http://www.velonation.com/News[…]-arrangement.aspx
20:26 SeanDaly walterbender_: maybe they need some design help?
20:26 walterbender_ SeanDaly: I sent them the artwork from the wiki...
20:27 SeanDaly walterbender_: great
20:27 walterbender_ seems we won't have a quorum. I am guessing the week between Christmas and New Years is a wash too
20:27 SeanDaly walterbender_: this "reverse sponsorship" approach is very innovative
20:27 icarito CanoeBerry, perhaps you'd like to promote the map making sprint in the spanish speaking lists?
20:27 CanoeBerry Great!
20:27 gangil has quit IRC
20:28 CanoeBerry icarito: tomorrow i'll have much better outreach materials ready too, even if my Spanish is non-existent very sadly :)
20:28 walterbender_ SeanDaly: this all happened at that talk I gave in Paris a couple of months back... too bad we didn't connect on that trip
20:28 icarito CanoeBerry, I could translate some info if you tell me what
20:28 CanoeBerry Awesome
20:28 walterbender_ anything else we should discuss today (informally) as a group?
20:28 icarito no more slobs present? should start counting absences?
20:28 CanoeBerry So far supervolunteer Marina has done all the outreach -- tonight I'll juice it up a few notehcs.
20:29 SeanDaly walterbender_: yes well no crying over spilt milk :D
20:29 icarito CanoeBerry, be sure to contact with the rest of the community in Sur / SL we are here to help
20:29 walterbender_ (I am probably in Las Vegas on the 6th)
20:30 so maybe we don't meet again until the 13th???
20:30 CanoeBerry Peru topic while we're on it: what physical meetups are poss?
20:30 walterbender_ Not sure there is any pressing business, just lots to talk about
20:30 SeanDaly walterbender_: sponsorship thing could have PR...
20:30 walterbender_: actually there is a marketing issue which needs attention
20:30 walterbender_ CanoeBerry: icarito and I have been in discussion with the Ministry about a Sugar Camp in Feb. in Lima
20:31 CanoeBerry Feb is soon!
20:31 walterbender_ SeanDaly: ???
20:31 SeanDaly walterbender_: CES
20:31 walterbender_ SeanDaly: I will be there, probably for just one day
20:31 icarito CanoeBerry, actually feb is too soon for me
20:31 SeanDaly walterbender_: it's possible OLPC and/or Marvell will announce update on tablets
20:32 walterbender_: I mentioned to Rodrigo that if that happens, it's important the message get out that XOs are still going strong & will continue
20:32 walterbender_ SeanDaly: I don't know... Ed and/or Reuben may know
20:32 icarito CanoeBerry, you can join our all volunteer meeting on Tuesday 10AM if you wish
20:32 CanoeBerry What's the topic roughly?
20:33 Thanks!
20:33 icarito CanoeBerry, we want to talk about our services portfolio especially
20:33 walterbender_ SeanDaly: I think any announcement would be staged... with mention of the 1.75 machine as a stepping stone. 1.75 is looking good
20:33 SeanDaly walterbender_: I could liaise with Jackie who would know... we just need to avoid tech journalists who may deduce that XO-1.x (& Sugar with it) on the way out if tablets come in
20:34 walterbender_: if you are in CES that would be the day to do PR ;-)
20:34 walterbender_ AFAIK, no announcement is planned, but I will ask
20:35 SeanDaly ok thanks
20:40 cjb oops, had time zone confusion, apologies.
20:40 walterbender_ cjb: the West Coast operates on its own time :)
20:41 we do have a quorum, if it still makes sense to meet
20:41 SeanDaly: where did we get Sugar USB sticks made last time? I really to make some more...
20:42 cjb worried I'm going to have to disappear soon, so perhaps better not.  last minute xmas preparation :)
20:42 SeanDaly: walterbender_: I'm not aware of any CES announcements from our end either
20:42 walterbender_ cjb: tis the season...
20:43 hasn't gotten his wife a present yet :P
20:43 SeanDaly walterbender_: I have all that info but that supplier perhaps not best choice; was expensive (over $8/stick), printing not great, high defect rate on sticks (+5%), lanyards did not fit. However, to be fair it was a rush job for them and a small lot (100 sticks)
20:43 walterbender_ so, shall we plan to meet again next week or the 13th? (the 6th doesn't work for me).
20:44 SeanDaly suggests for wife... French perfume :D :D
20:44 walterbender_ SeanDaly: if you or anyone else has recommendations, please let me know
20:44 SeanDaly: I meant for USB sticks, not a present for me wife :)
20:44 cjb walterbender_: I think thurs 30th works for me
20:44 SeanDaly walterbender_: hee hee
20:44 cjb I'm flying back on the 28th, so I'll be home
20:45 icarito 13th works for me better
20:45 walterbender_ maybe another informal gathering on the 28th and the next official meeting on the 13th?
20:45 SeanDaly walterbender_: Yes I can assist with USB sticks... let's not forget OnDisk too
20:45 walterbender_ and I will solicit reports from the teams and labs
20:46 CanoeBerry next week will be one non-stop community meeting, for those who missed the news :)
20:46 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OlpcMAP#Schedule
20:46 SeanDaly http://on-disk.com/
20:46 CanoeBerry Tue/Wed Dec 28-29 especially.
20:47 cjb walterbender_: maybe we should organise via mail
20:47 walterbender_ +1
20:47 icarito walterbender, yes an informal meeting on the 28 would work for us, what time do you think?
20:47 cjb can't do 28th, will be on a plane.
20:48 CanoeBerry 10am Tue 28th will be in Spanish only??
20:49 10am EST?
20:49 icarito CanoeBerry, sorry yes
20:49 CanoeBerry :)
20:49 icarito CanoeBerry, maybe its not the best meeting to visit yet
20:50 CanoeBerry I'll ask any Spanish-speakers arriving Cambridge/OLPC if they might jump in.
20:51 icarito CanoeBerry, actually we plan to work on our strategic plan so perhaps its not the best meeting to join at the moment
20:51 but thanks
20:52 CanoeBerry Sure, got it.
20:52 walterbender: are you able to join our film and/or huge volunteer dinner Tue night?
20:52 (Film 5pm, Royal East 7pm)
20:53 icarito i'll have to get going now
20:53 walterbender_ OK...
20:53 jelkner walterbender_: i've got to run.  let mike and i know when you're coming to dc.
20:54 JT4sugar walterbender, Will get you info for State Dept on English initiatives with refugee cities  Fargo,ND and North Dakota State along with Lansing,MI and Michigan State on Sunday 26th
20:54 jelkner has quit IRC
20:54 SeanDaly hi JT4sugar
20:55 walterbender_ JT4sugar: great. I already gave them a heads up...
20:55 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Hi Sean
20:55 walterbender, Great
20:55 icarito walterbender, will contact maureen orth from sugar labs colombia, keep you on the loop
20:55 walterbender_ icarito: +1
20:56 icarito goodbye for now
20:56 CanoeBerry bye all!
20:56 merry everything :)
20:56 icarito yes merry christmas everyone!
20:56 SeanDaly merry merry
20:57 icarito walterbender, good luck with wife's gift
20:57 JT4sugar Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
20:58 SeanDaly JT4sugar: will use time off in the coming week to prepare for marketing restart...
20:58 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Pretty free next week if you would like to skype
20:59 walterbender_ thanks all... happy holidays...
20:59 SeanDaly JT4sugar: that's a plan... if internet access where I'm going :D
20:59 another snowy mountain
21:00 JT4sugar SeanDaly, Let me know
21:00 SeanDaly JT4sugar: ok will do!
21:01 needs to eat a bite now... rode bike in slushy snow to get "here"
21:02 acaire11 has quit IRC
21:03 SeanDaly has quit IRC
21:04 JT4sugar has quit IRC
21:11 walterbender_ hey, I never got my regex question asked or answered :(
21:12 m_anish walterbender_, shoot!
21:13 if its still open :)
21:22 icarito has quit IRC
21:24 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.157.140.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:28 icarito has quit IRC
21:30 satellit_afk is now known as satellit_
21:40 satellit_ walterbender_: FYI added http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/E[…]_files#Trisquel-4.0.1-sugar  has sugar 0.90.1 and gnome
21:41 hve to go afk
21:41 satellit_ is now known as satellit_afk
21:47 manusheel is now known as manusheel_afk
21:53 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.157.140.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
21:58 icarito has quit IRC
21:59 icarito <icarito!~icaro@190.157.140.197> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:00 icarito has quit IRC
22:13 buendia <buendia!~buendia@c-66-31-19-53.hsd1.ma.comcast.net> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:32 garycmartin_ <garycmartin_!~garycmart@95.146.10.163> has joined #sugar-meeting
22:34 m_anish is now known as m_anish_afk
22:35 garycmartin has quit IRC
22:35 garycmartin_ is now known as garycmartin
22:46 satellit_afk is now known as satellit_

 « Previous day | Index | Today | Next day »     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster