Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#sugar-meeting, 2009-06-14

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
08:59 mchua Meeting minutes will be at http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]0090614_0858.html
08:59 Guest67225 what time do u leave?
08:59 mchua and a meeting log will be at http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]0090614_0858.html
08:59 Guest67225: ...right about now, actually.
08:59 Agenda is at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC[…]lippines/Meetings
09:00 and how to use meetbot is http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
09:00 that's why I'm dumping a lot of links here ;)
09:00 #chair Guest67225
09:00 #chair sandeep_c
09:00 sandeep_c: now you should also be able to #endmeeting
09:01 sandeep_c drinking from a firehose...we'll make it work
09:01 mchua I'll have my phone with me in the car if you guys need anything... 847.970.8484 (call or text)
09:01 but I think y'all will be totally fine
09:01 sandeep_c ok..thanks Mel
09:02 mchua thanks, sandeep_c!
09:06 rletada Hi
09:06 Am I in the right place?
09:06 sandeep_c yes
09:06 rletada happy belated birthday
09:07 how was china? did u get to hike?
09:07 sandeep_c thanks
09:07 yes and yes
09:07 btw, mel had to leave so she set up a bot for logging and minutes
09:08 Meeting minutes will be at http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]0090614_0858.html 20:57mchuaand a meeting log will be at http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]0090614_0858.html
09:11 rletada ahhh ok. dis is my first time using this..
09:11 sandeep_c #topic Introductions
09:12 CherryW hello
09:12 rletada wheres everyone else?
09:12 sandeep_c hi all. my first time here and i'm 'chair' since Mel had to leave
09:13 CherryW Oh there you are
09:13 I was in another room #sugar_meeting. sorry too early for me
09:13 is Marife here?
09:13 sandeep_c meeting log will be at http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/s[…]0090614_0858.html
09:14 mafe Mabuhay! :)
09:14 rletada hi!
09:14 sandeep_c hi mafe!
09:14 CherryW oh hey Marife...there you are!
09:15 mafe hello @rletada @cherryW @sandeep_c :) and to all...
09:15 sandeep_c for first time users: how to use meetbot is http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
09:15 CherryW Hi Everyone!
09:15 rletada sorry sandeep, didnt see your message
09:16 sandeep_c no worries..let's wait five min?
09:16 rletada sure
09:16 CherryW ok
09:16 sandeep_c i'm practicing during the next few messages..pls ignore
09:17 #info Introductions
09:19 rletada Jerome is on his way home
09:20 sandeep_c Ok..let's start
09:20 rletada he will be attending shortly..
09:20 CherryW Mel attending?
09:20 sandeep_c I'll go through the agenda, anyone feel free to add items to the minutes by typing  #info
09:21 Mel had to leave
09:21 she has set us up with a bot for minutes and a log
09:22 rletada ahhh I see..ok
09:22 ok shall we proceed?
09:22 sandeep_c I'll go through the agenda on http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC[…]lippines/Meetings
09:23 Everyone know each other?
09:24 rletada well Ive spoken to every single one of you
09:24 but shall we do quick intro for the sake of the minutes?
09:24 CherryW sure
09:24 rletada go ahead Cherry!
09:25 CherryW Still thinking
09:26 rletada hmm, i am not sure if my connection is acting up
09:27 sandeep_c i can read yoiu
09:27 rletada ahh ok..
09:27 CherryW Well, my name is Cherry and I'm a self proclaim geek. I initially joined OLPC Philippines for the purpose of sharpening my programming skills as well as learn how open source development organizations work.
09:28 rletada great, my name is Ryan, and I am researcher studying mass evictions/displacement of urban poor communities due to infrastructure development project in the philippines.
09:28 sandeep_c pls type #info  prior to the message for it to be captured in the minutes.
09:28 CherryW Though this is not the role I'm currently seeing myself in, I'm excited to see that I can be a apart of this organization from its inception (or early inception) I should say.
09:28 rletada ahhh I see..still getting use to it
09:29 #info great, my name is Ryan, and I am researcher studying mass evictions/displacement of urban poor communities due to infrastructure development project in the philippines.
09:29 CherryW #info Well, my name is Cherry and I'm a self proclaim geek. I initially joined OLPC Philippines for the purpose of sharpening my programming skills as well as learn how open source development organizations work. Though this is not the role I'm currently seeing myself in, I'm excited to see that I can be a apart of this organization from its inception (or ear
09:30 sandeep_c #info Sandeep here. Been interested in OLPC since Red Hat joined the initiative in 2005. Very happy to see progress in the Philippines, my home!
09:30 rletada #info I believe in the vision of OLPC and what it can do for the less-privileged peoples of the philippines, so thats why i am here..
09:30 where is mafe byda way?
09:31 CherryW she's here...just turned idle
09:31 rletada ahhh ok, didnt know that was an option
09:31 anyways, if mafe or anyone else would like to introduce themselves?
09:32 sandeep_c no response...mafe can do an intro when she's back
09:32 rletada ok great..
09:33 CherryW intro...sandeep?
09:33 mafe #info I'm mafe in the past I've worked as a teacher then cross-over into IT now i'm pursuing a PM cerification. Been mostly involved in Open Source advocacy in the Philippines ...doing events and training to universities...
09:33 rletada sandeep did his..
09:33 ahh great!
09:34 sandeep_c even happier to know that we have open source advocates here!
09:35 mafe #info im currently into Open Education and been participating in OLPC HQ as volunteer ...
09:36 sandeep_c Good to know. How long are you at OLPC HQ?
09:36 mafe 5 months...
09:36 sandeep_c Ok. Hope to catch up in person when you get back
09:37 mafe im happy to know that a group is about to start in the PI
09:38 sandeep_c we're getting there...proceeding to next item
09:38 mafe I always believe in sharing, learning and technology...
09:38 sandeep_c #info 2. Update on Action Items
09:39 rletada well I sent everyone drafts of possible mission statements for the organization
09:39 mafe yes...have you noted some of our comments...?
09:40 sandeep_c #info rletada sent everyone drafts of possible mission statements for the organization
09:40 rletada #info we can use these draft mission statements as a basis of discussion as we define who we are as organization
09:40 CherryW #info Worked with an initial draft for Division of Labor.
09:41 mafe which one from the draft has more votes....or comments?
09:41 rletada #info once we get into discussing model for deployment, I also created an organizational map that can be possibly used as a framework, or at least used for a basis of discussion
09:42 CherryW #info Still working on names for the organization. Will post this in wiki and try to poll members.
09:42 rletada #info well there was really no clear winner. Only options 2 and 3 were discussed in the email thread
09:42 mafe #info which one from the draft has more votes....or comments?
09:42 sandeep_c So what are the names left?
09:42 CherryW #info count me in for option 2
09:43 rletada ahh ok, if you guys, I can explain my thought process
09:43 CherryW The list is constantly changing.
09:43 mafe #info hahaha I forgot which one I chose...
09:43 rletada and why I chose certain wording,
09:43 and why they different from one another
09:44 sandeep_c What's option 2 and 3...sorry been away for the past 4 days
09:44 rletada but I guess we can talk about this when we go to the next agenda item
09:45 CherryW #info I do propose for a more expanded vision with a vehicles on how we're planning to deliver the mission.
09:45 #info Immediate one would be OLPC/Sugar driven.
09:45 rletada #info Option 2:Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities in technologically underserved and economically disadvantaged communities through open source, technological innovations for the empowerment of Filipino youth.
09:46 #info option 3 - Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source technological innovations for the benefit of Filipino youth. Drawing from a childs natural talents and intellectual prowess, we seek to empower children to become agents of change towards the betterment of themselves and their communities.
09:47 CherryW #info Anyone think "technological innovations" is too broad/narrow?
09:47 mafe I'm fine with the Option 2 ...anything that evolve around this...
09:47 sandeep_c #info Do we limit ourselves to underserved and disadvantaged?
09:48 rletada #info that is a great point sandeep
09:48 CherryW #info I agree with Meg on option 3. The second sentence is too wordy. But did you want to say "constructivist" approach to learning?
09:49 rletada #info if you notice, this is one difference between the proposed statements. As I wrote these mission statement, I truly kept in mind, what were are values/principles are as an organization..
09:50 mafe yes ..me too i find it too wordy
09:50 rletada #info what are we and what we are not - what will drive our organization - one clear value/principle that we all seem to agree upon is that we are open source,
09:50 sandeep_c #info How about  'Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological innovations and _______ for _______'
09:51 mafe can we look for another term for underserved
09:53 sandeep_c Reason I'm not too comfortable with underserved -- it could be through can-afford kids that the OLPC gets piloted in the Philippines
09:53 CherryW #info I like Sandeep's wording. We can put an expanded version in the vision statement that say's "our immediate goal is to provide opportunities to underserved and economically...."
09:53 rletada #info - another value we might want to think about is "inclusiveness'..if we are an inclusive group, then we cannot just limit this to just the underprivileged..check out or google "inclusive excellence" or achieving academic excellence through diversity or inclusiveness regardless of race.class, gender, etc
09:54 #info - not to be too academic, but its something to think about since its an emerging philosophy in liberal arts/academia..
09:54 but anyways
09:55 mafe im thinking about like an open learning opportunities...for every filipino kids...
09:55 sandeep_c Open learning as in on-line?
09:55 mafe focusing on less privileged kids
09:56 CherryW #info no. Open learning as in open source.
09:57 #info Sugar doesn't have to be on-line to avail of free sources/ text books, materials that an open community worked on.
09:57 mafe @sandeep it's just one way of saying our framework...
09:58 open source din ...because Open Education is another advocacy...
09:58 :)
09:58 sandeep_c #info -- Got it. So we agree on 2 things in the mission: open source and tech. innovation. Is the third item learning innovation ie this will not limit us to constructivist
09:59 rletada i dont think that will limit us
09:59 mafe but the constructivist thing ....is I think will be very helpful to Filipino children....
09:59 but yes I agree it will not limit us
09:59 CherryW #info I'm hoping for some level of constructivism. Having grown up in Phil. system...things are fed by adults
10:00 sandeep_c #info How's this: "Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological innovations and constructivist learning  for ______?"
10:00 CherryW #info Sugar works best on a constructivist approach
10:01 #info Filipino youth?
10:01 rletada but yes what about other innovation that doesnt neccessarily directly use the constructivist philosophy...like the Nintendo DS or shiftables..
10:01 mafe @ryan what was your overall draft for the mission
10:01 you have like a summary of all..the draft option
10:02 rletada this one: option 4: Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities in technologically underserved and economically disadvantaged communities through open source, technological innovations for the benefit of Filipino youth. Drawing from a childs natural talents and intellectual prowess, we seek to empower children to become agents of change towards the b
10:02 CherryW Well....Nintendo DS is played independently by the child...right? Have to look into this more.
10:03 rletada Option 1: Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological innovations for the empowerment of Filipino youth
10:03 #info how bout for empowerment of Filipino youth
10:03 mafe im not really into that...im after the DS interface that can be applied to XO
10:04 XO is already a great machine...we just need to enhance some activities that's appropriate to Filipino setting...
10:05 CherryW would the teachers be feeding the lessons? I think as long as the teaching method encourages more student input..
10:06 also, can we affect DS apps...would it be considered open source?
10:06 sandeep_c #info I like the revised Option 1. Can we can insert "learning" so that it reads ---  ...technological and learning innovations <- this would capture new thoughts about learning
10:07 mafe Im talking about this...Our vision is to transform Filipino youth into 21st century learners, who are digitally literate, critical thinkers, and productive members of society through open source technology.  In doing so, learners will be better prepared to tackle the challenges of an increasingly competitive job market and globalised world as well, as become
10:07 rletada ahhh alright..the proposed vision
10:07 mafe this was the proposed vision
10:07 yup
10:08 sandeep_c test
10:08 mafe im just hesitant to these words transform
10:08 rletada yea, inserting that would be great..it balances the "technology aspects" and emphasizes our educational aspect
10:08 "we are not a laptop project, we are education project"
10:08 mafe yes..
10:08 sandeep_c Yes
10:09 mafe same with OLPC mission
10:09 sandeep_c Ok..Do we have the mission Ryan?
10:09 CherryW #info I like the revised option 1 as well.
10:09 mafe ok so what's the final mission
10:09 CherryW we can talk about expanding the vision later.
10:10 mafe ry..did you get all the suggestion...:) i  like sandeep technological and learning innovation
10:10 rletada #info Our mission is to enahnce educational opportunities through open source, technological innovations and learning for the empowerment of Filipino youth.
10:10 CherryW Jerrome can chime in on whether Nin. DS has some level of open sourceness to it.
10:10 rletada sorry
10:11 #inf Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological and learning innovations for the empowerment of Filipino youth.
10:11 how bout that?
10:11 CherryW works for me
10:11 mafe let's put aside the DS and thing first
10:11 sandeep_c Don't mean to nitpick...would "youth in the Philippines" be more inclusive than "Filipino youth?"
10:12 mafe I agree...
10:12 rletada agreed..
10:12 CherryW agreed
10:12 rletada ok so here it is:
10:12 sandeep_c drumroll...
10:13 rletada #info Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological and learning innovations for the empowerment of youth in the Philippines.
10:13 sandeep_c #info Agreed.
10:13 rletada What do you think guys?
10:13 CherryW does this include the young at heart? At what grade level are we limiting this to? sorry...nitpicking as well.
10:13 We can talk about it on vision. Sorry.
10:13 mafe the youth is something that Im not comfortable with
10:14 rletada children?
10:14 mafe how about children
10:14 we're on the same phase
10:14 CherryW I like youth.. we just have to figure out the maximum grade on vision.
10:14 mafe filipino children
10:14 jsgotangco youth is classified till age of 35 in the philippines
10:14 mafe yep
10:14 rletada really? hmm
10:15 jsgotangco yup that makes me still young
10:15 :)
10:15 mafe seconded :)
10:15 i like filipino children...
10:15 CherryW :-) I'm still youthful. No seriously do we then include early college courses or do we stop at elementary/HS?
10:15 mafe in PI children is until age 18 and 21
10:15 lol
10:16 jsgotangco youth is generally associated with something political here
10:16 mafe let's concentrate on the critical foundation
10:16 which is pre-school to elementary
10:16 high school they have more freedom to explore learning
10:17 on their own
10:17 CherryW ok...this will set up apart from other programs inthe Philippines.
10:17 agree
10:17 sandeep_c From OLPC wab page: "  The mission of One Laptop per Child (OLPC) is to empower the children of developing countries to learn by providing one connected laptop to every school-age child
10:17 jsgotangco there are organizations locally focusing on high school because they are potential workers after
10:17 (like gilas and smart schools)
10:17 mafe right
10:18 rletada ok shall we replace youth with children
10:18 jsgotangco in my previous work at the foundation, we focus on children until age 12
10:18 mafe i agree
10:18 CherryW I agree with children
10:19 mafe yep let's focus on 5-12 or 13
10:19 sandeep_c agree...we don't need to define 'children' now
10:19 rletada #info Our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through open source, technological and learning innovations for the empowerment of the children in the Philippines.
10:20 mafe can we use FIlipino children
10:20 CherryW this limits the ethnicity to Filipino...we have immigrants in the Phil.
10:20 rletada yea exactly
10:20 mafe okies
10:20 agree
10:21 sandeep_c thank you..i have been included:)
10:21 rletada hahaha!!
10:21 So we have a mission statement?
10:21 mafe hahahaha! sorry ...i don't mean to ...
10:21 shoot
10:21 sandeep_c no worries...i'm more Filipino than Ryan:)
10:21 CherryW You're an adopted Pinoy! Isn't your better half pinoy?
10:21 rletada exactly!
10:22 bernie what meeting is this?
10:22 rletada no really, Sandeep is right..he is more Filipino I am..
10:22 sandeep_c Yes Cherry...Bernie: 'OLPC Philippines'
10:23 bernie oh good
10:23 we'll move to #sugar-meeting2 then... conference rooms are for free here
10:23 rletada thanks
10:23 bernie ppound, chrowe: -> #sugar-meeting2
10:23 rletada alright, so its final then..can I get the confirmation then?
10:23 CherryW so we have a final draft? Do we present it first to OLPC listing or do we move to vote to finalize it with the group
10:23 mafe that would be awesome...thanks @bernie
10:24 CherryW thanks bernie
10:24 #info Move to approve final draft of mission statement. All in favor?
10:25 sandeep_c #info Yes
10:25 rletada #info yes
10:25 mafe #info hayk
10:25 jsgotangco what's with the hash tag
10:25 for logging?
10:25 CherryW yep
10:26 sandeep_c how to use meetbot is http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
10:26 CherryW jerome what's your vote?
10:27 jsgotangco #info yes
10:28 CherryW Are we going to talk about visions today or shall we move to teams?
10:28 sandeep_c #info So we have a mission!!  Should we move to agenda 3.1 Name?
10:28 CherryW #info Move to strike logo out of the agenda for a later meeting.
10:28 mafe yay!
10:29 CherryW It's premature.
10:29 rletada #info I think we should wait on that..
10:29 sandeep_c #action Strike logo from agenda.
10:30 rletada #info we still have a lot of possible names on the list that we need to narrow down, lets open it to everyone for voting or for any suggestions..
10:31 mafe #info agree...
10:31 sandeep_c #topic Names
10:31 CherryW #info Are you moving to strike "Names" out of the agenda Ryan?
10:31 mafe #topic what about with names?
10:32 rletada #info yes
10:33 sandeep_c Everyone agree to move names to next meeting?
10:33 CherryW #info Let's try to brainstorm the names off-line, I'll set up a poll on wiki for the top 5.
10:33 a week from now...is that good?
10:33 sandeep_c #info OK
10:33 CherryW #info I second that.
10:33 rletada #info ok
10:34 CherryW Should we talk about models then?
10:34 rletada sure, I think the teams would be part of the model
10:34 jsgotangco hmmm
10:34 sandeep_c #agreed Take Names off agenda for off-line brainstorm
10:35 CherryW penny for yoru thoughts Jerome?
10:35 jsgotangco hash tags distract me a lot that's all :)
10:36 sandeep_c Sorry dude...there must be an easy way but i don't know how:(
10:36 mafe lol
10:36 jsgotangco hehe
10:36 its a debian meetbot, no choice
10:36 rletada hahah
10:36 CherryW oh well. let's move to the next topic shall we?
10:36 sandeep_c hash coming up...
10:37 mafe where are we?
10:37 CherryW Models
10:37 sandeep_c #info Agenda item 4 - Model to adopt
10:37 #info There are 4 samples -- everyone has the list?
10:38 mafe ok model...my take is either wave or olenepal
10:38 CherryW #info I need clarification on number 4: Boston Models
10:39 mafe but since Olenepal is really a huge thing...then i'll go for wave similar...
10:39 CherryW Anyone know what they're doing in Boston?
10:40 mafe http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Boston_pilots
10:40 jsgotangco no sorry
10:40 rletada can I get a clarification on what type of model are we talking about here
10:40 are we talking about organizational model
10:40 or are we talking about deployment model
10:40 ?
10:40 jsgotangco for simplicity and having more scalable, I prefer waveplace
10:41 mafe me too...
10:42 sandeep_c Good point Ryan...the models we have are all deployment-related.
10:42 mafe then we can just creat our deployment model basing from some successful dep that happened around olpc
10:42 jsgotangco i thought that was the idea :P
10:42 CherryW The boston deployments seem to be headed by the teachers themselves?? I just read it quickly.
10:43 mafe ok (pano ba yang icon na yan jerome):)
10:43 so do we stick to waveplace...
10:44 CherryW #info Boston Model: These teams work with deployment schools through a loop team (short for in-the-loop team) which coordinates and facilitates projects, contracts, and contact between loop teams
10:44 sandeep_c It allows for a 'cloud' that supports various deployments depending on the degree required
10:44 rletada hey guys, I just sent u an email
10:44 CherryW #info continuation.. "and the deployment classrooms under the direction of the deployment leader (a teacher at the deployment school).  "
10:45 forgot the first part:"The Boston pilot system is based on a coalition of local support teams, independently functioning groups dedicated to performing a particular role (for example, laptop repair, server administration, or curriculum consulting) for deployment in a given geographic area."
10:46 rletada #info its what I had in mind, taking into conversation our conversation regarding community, the OLPC headquarters structure, waveplace deployment, as well as aspects of deployment models from Worldwide Workshop Organization
10:46 CherryW isn't this what we want to do?
10:47 Ryan...your last "info" is that from your e-mail?
10:47 mafe my take is we cannot really adopt certain deployment model like of a developing country for one we have a unique or different culture & environment...
10:47 CherryW or should I say with regards to your e-mail or is it with regards to Boston Model?
10:47 rletada that regarding a powerpoint from my email
10:48 mafe maybe a mixture of certain deployments that's adaptable for us...
10:48 rletada its a lot to take in..but what do you guys think, I can explain certain things..
10:48 and its certainly not final - its just a possible framework..
10:49 mafe @rletada...I like the small -medium dep
10:49 isn't why we like wave
10:49 rletada yea its what waveplace is doing
10:49 and what World Wide Workshop is doing as well
10:50 mafe and we have also the flexibility on the tech
10:50 and tools
10:50 CherryW is this how Boston is doing it? It looks simmilar
10:50 mafe Wave is
10:50 rletada #info each region or small to regional deployment are supported by local organizations/ a board of directors that will ensure sustainability through continuous fundings/ and other forms of partners
10:51 mafe im also studying OLPC france grassroots
10:51 jsgotangco my connection is crap at the moment
10:51 lagging hard
10:51 might drop
10:52 mafe ok me too...
10:52 CherryW #info Would there be a need then for an "encompassing" organization?
10:52 #info If so, what would be it's role?
10:53 rletada #info the blue aspects is how most of these formal organizations are structured..its jsut an example..
10:53 CherryW Sorry...I can't open the document in it's original form.
10:53 sandeep_c Ryan: Is there another format? Pls send me later...
10:54 rletada umm yes, hold on
10:54 CherryW Powerpoint is not letting me do so. I could only see the text.
10:54 mafe open it in google docs
10:54 che
10:54 CherryW hmmn...that's what I'm doing...I tried both html and download.
10:54 mafe recap what we've agreed on?
10:55 open it as google docs are you using gmail?
10:56 rletada I am sending it as a jpg
10:56 CherryW hmnm...no option for google docs...just says "html" and "download"
10:56 thanks
10:57 rletada sent!
10:57 sandeep_c #info Ryan re-sending model document. Let's have a hard stop at 11.
10:57 CherryW please post on wiki as well
10:57 rletada ok will do
10:57 CherryW what time is it there?
10:57 mafe yes...
10:58 sandeep_c Same time but pm
10:58 sorry...10:57PM
10:58 mafe can you post that to wiki as like the boston wiki
10:58 CherryW ah ok.
10:58 rletada post the document?
10:59 mafe @sandeep you're thinking of my time...:)
10:59 yes...
10:59 sandeep_c We can extend a bit until we get clarification on the model...
10:59 mafe would you like me to structured it in wiki
10:59 i can do that
10:59 rletada sure
10:59 no problem
11:00 CherryW I'm concerned about having two main groups on top
11:00 sandeep_c In the model, who are we?
11:00 mafe which one
11:00 CherryW in ryan's model
11:00 mafe i don't think it's 2 groups
11:00 rletada well it really depends on what do you want to be part of
11:00 I really suggest that you guys watch the sugarcamp youtube
11:01 regarding community
11:01 CherryW ok...please clarify again what the orange part does? the Arrows
11:01 rletada the two groups on top are the two different types of communities that exist
11:01 one on cyberspace and one in the philippines..
11:01 mafe if i'm interpreting it right...it's just showing the groups that will be on top of this..but still will work as one
11:02 rletada regarding ownership, our capacity will really be based on two of these communities..
11:02 CherryW The top BD/advisory board is their unifying group?
11:03 each sub-functionality from each of the 2 groups have a representative to the board of directors?
11:03 mafe should Ryan put another name on top of that...like OLPC-Ph
11:03 CherryW let's log this conversation...might be beneficial for clarification
11:03 mafe so there will be no confusion
11:03 CherryW OLPC-PH (working title)? Let's not forget the "other" organization.
11:04 rletada ok great , sandeep are we still stopping this meeting at 11
11:04 CherryW curious as to how that name was registered.
11:04 mafe for the moment since we don't have yet an agreed name
11:04 CherryW but that's another topic
11:05 sandeep_c #info Let's stop at 11.
11:05 rletada #info for me to give proper context regarding this model, I suggest everyone watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ3Ge9YeAys
11:05 CherryW #info I have further questions. Would somebody stay for an off-line discussion?
11:05 sandeep_c #info We'll need some time to digest this until the next meeting.
11:05 rletada #info at least the first 3 parts of that
11:06 #info it will give you an idea of how the communities will play a vital role
11:06 CherryW #info. Thanks Ryan.
11:06 rletada #info Sandeep, shall we at least set a tentative date for our next meeting?
11:07 sandeep_c Understood. When do we want to continue the discussion?
11:07 CherryW #info Should we set a proposal for the next meeting's time frame?
11:07 rletada How bout sometime in the middle of this week or this coming weekend
11:08 #info I also have a meeting with Tim Falconer of Waveplace this Thursday, if anyone wants to join, please feel free to doso
11:08 CherryW #info ryan The Boston pilot system is based on a coalition of local support teams, independently functioning groups dedicated to performing a particular role (for example, laptop repair, server administration, or curriculum consulting) for deployment in a given geographic area.
11:08 #info sorry
11:08 #info Ryan suggested mid of next week to next weekend as a time frame for next meeting.
11:09 mafe @ryan im interested on that ...I believe they're like an hr from my place
11:09 about wave meeting
11:09 rletada sure, I will send you the details..I am trying to learn as much about their model
11:09 sandeep_c Ryan and I are meeting with Charles on June 25. Can we meet on July 1 -- and still continue clarifications via email?
11:09 rletada and organizational structure..and their history
11:10 CherryW Do we have a vote for next weekend?
11:10 mafe @sandeep great
11:10 what's the time?
11:10 sandeep_c Can't..Going out of town.
11:10 CherryW ah ok.
11:11 rletada ok
11:11 CherryW I can do sooner than July 1st
11:11 sandeep_c While we're on the topic, is the preference to have regular meetings on Sunday or mid-week?
11:11 mafe ok but let's continue the communication as Sandep suggested
11:11 CherryW Anytime's fine with me.
11:12 rletada I would prefer mid-week
11:12 mafe me too..
11:12 CherryW me too
11:12 although Sundays early am is good for me too.
11:13 mafe and Ryan....do you have time to brainstorm names?
11:13 sandeep_c Ok. So is it June 24 or July 1?
11:13 rletada June 24
11:13 CherryW i can do june 24 6am again
11:13 mafe and Ryan....do you have time to brainstorm names?
11:14 rletada yea little bit more time
11:14 also for our next meetingL can split up different organizations
11:14 and learn about their different deployment models?
11:14 CherryW #info Proposed next meeting June 24th same time.
11:14 rletada like someone get OLE Nepal, I will get waveplace
11:14 sandeep_c #info Agenda 5. Next meeting scheduled for June 24, 9PM Manila time (6AM PST)
11:15 rletada someone tackle OLPC Australia?
11:15 mafe ok
11:15 i'll get it...
11:15 :)
11:15 CherryW cool!
11:16 sandeep_c Do you have OLE Nepal Cherry?
11:16 CherryW #info Move to end this meeting. All in favor?
11:16 I'll take OLE Nepal
11:16 mafe yes
11:16 sandeep_c yes
11:16 rletada yes
11:16 sandeep_c #endmeeting
11:17 mafe ok great day & night thanks...
11:17 CherryW do you want to stay here or move to gmail?
11:17 mafe bye!
11:17 rletada we can move to gmail
11:17 sandeep, I will contact you soon
11:17 to get your thoughts on that document, and about charles..
11:18 have a great night
11:18 CherryW same to all
11:18 sandeep_c Ok..Thanks all!
11:18 CherryW mafe are you joining?
10:01 homunq_ Hi people
10:01 BryanWB homunq_: hello jefe
10:01 homunq_ can somebody else run the meeting today?
10:02 I am getting on a bus to Nicaragua in 80 minutes.
10:02 BryanWB homunq_: i can do it
10:02 homunq_: is there a place i should stick the minutes?
10:03 homunq_ just do startmeeting and endmeeting
10:03 BryanWB starmeeting
10:03 homunq_ the minutes are logged by time.
10:03 bernie BryanWB: with a hash in front of it
10:03 homunq_ you need #startmeeting with the hash and the t
10:03 bernie BryanWB: on on!
10:04 BryanWB homunq_: and they get dumped to the wiki?
10:04 bernie: nerdy nipples! on on!
10:04 bernie haha
10:04 homunq_ the bot tells you the URL of the minutes list
10:04 when you #endmeeting
10:04 bernie homunq_: dogi set it up, he rocks
10:04 BryanWB homunq_:
10:04 homunq_: ok
10:05 dogi: tks dogi
10:05 if you are here pls say "aye"
10:06 roll call
10:06 subzero hey guys, what's up?
10:06 BryanWB aa: welcome
10:06 aa hi!
10:07 BryanWB aa: is vamsi around?
10:07 bemasc? walter? lucian? silbe?
10:07 silbe is listening
10:08 lucian_ is around
10:08 BryanWB lucian: walterbender  u r up
10:09 what's the status since last week
10:09 lucian_ i've polished SSB creation a bit
10:09 walterbender is here
10:09 lucian_ now bundles get installed properly and creating an SSB works from inside an existing SSB quite well
10:09 the version increases and all that
10:10 walterbender +1
10:10 homunq_ BryanWB: you still didn't #startmeeting
10:10 BryanWB homunq_: damn
10:10 #startmeeting
10:10 lucian_ i can just paste what i said
10:10 BryanWB bemasc: welcome
10:10 homunq_ #help
10:10 BryanWB #help
10:10 walterbender wonders who left the meeting on...
10:11 homunq_ meeting, help
10:11 grrr.
10:11 lucian_ can't someone else end that meeting?
10:11 homunq_ #endmeeting
10:11 nope
10:11 BryanWB is sorry that is he is clueless to irc meta-management
10:11 subzero homunq_: maybe bernie??
10:11 homunq_ OK, forget it.
10:11 let's just meet.
10:11 bernie #endmeeting
10:11 not me
10:11 walterbender #endmeeting
10:11 homunq_ heh
10:12 BryanWB #endmeeting
10:12 lucian_ #meetingyousuck
10:12 walterbender j'accuse Sean :)
10:12 BryanWB let's all #endmeeting
10:12 subzero bernie: sorry, I thought you were something like root
10:12 bernie mchua: you!
10:12 BryanWB subzero: bernie is root
10:12 subzero #endmeeting
10:12 bernie dogi: when the bot gets stuck, is there some admin command we can use to recover?
10:13 subzero BryanWB: :o
10:13 dogi hi bernie
10:13 bernie BryanWB: it's not mine, it's dogi's
10:13 BryanWB bernie: u r the root of all roots
10:13 bernie dogi: can you override mel's #startmeeting on #sugar-meeting?
10:13 dogi sure by restarting it
10:14 #endmeeting
10:14 look it is the same for me
10:14 hi BryanWB u are the master of meeting bot
10:15 bemasc dogi: we need a #endmeetingminus9 command... but for now, could you just restart it?
10:15 oh
10:15 BryanWB dogi: ??
10:15 #endmeeting
10:15 mchua #endmeeting

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster