Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#olpc-admin, 2009-03-10

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
03:13 dogi #topic quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:13 meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:14 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:14 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:14 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:14 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:14 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:14 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:15 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:15 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:15 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:15 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:15 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:16 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:16 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:16 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:16 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:16 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:17 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:17 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:17 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:17 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:17 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:18 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:18 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * meeting has changed the topic to: quick meeting antifloodkick fix
03:18 <dogi> meeting is no op more but still can change topic
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:18 * dogi has kicked meeting from #olpc-admin (meeting)
03:18 * meeting (~meeting@meeting.laptop.org) has joined #olpc-admin
03:19 #endmeeting
16:12 * fix meeting bot
16:12 * finish 2 facing service at meeting.l.o and meeting.sl.o
16:12 * adric rt VM update
16:12 * ravidgemole community.l.o update
16:13 * vig.test.laptop.org wiki for VIG
16:13 * update of W91/migration
16:13 * cjl/unmadindu  poolte update
16:13 * upgrade awk to 4GB
16:14 * rueben spam/barracuda
16:14 unmadindu hi dogi (sorry - was away for lunch)
16:14 dogi hi unmadindu
16:14 unmadindu s/lunch/dinner
16:15 dogi is there something i forgot?
16:15 hhardy not that comes to mind atm
16:15 unmanindu: hi
16:15 unmadindu hi hhardy
16:17 dogi #topic fix meeting bot
16:18 http://meeting.laptop.org/olpc[…]0090310_0312.html
16:18 i found a solution yesterday ...
16:19 now everybody can change topics ....
16:19 #topic cjl/unmadindu  poolte update
16:20 unmadindu dogi: pootle on awk is ready to go live on a very short notice
16:20 dogi 2 facing service?
16:21 unmadindu dogi: not yet, since I don't see any OLPC specific thing to be translated at the moment (everything the current Pootle hosts is essentially sugarlabs stuff)
16:21 dogi jupp
16:21 unmadindu dogi: but yes - I do plan on setting it up (but not activating it) this week
16:22 dogi i looked in the old laptop.org page source
16:22 there somebody did .po translations ... was that you enable that
16:22 ???
16:23 hhardy Probably Walter
16:23 dogi hmmm
16:23 interresting
16:23 unmadindu yeah - but it was done via the wiki. We planned to move it to the Pootle server, but the entire site changed before that
16:23 (the wiki hosted the PO files)
16:24 dogi so you know how to do that ?
16:25 unmadindu not with the existing website - I do not know what runs that. the earlier site used a set of glue scripts and makefiles written by Walter
16:25 hhardy which should still be in walters directory I think
16:25 unmadindu (yeah - complete with a README)
16:26 dogi cool
16:27 so that should be possible to accomplish
16:27 unmadindu dogi: don't know if it is possible with the new site.
16:28 is it a set of plain HTML files, or is there more to it ?
16:28 dogi right now we dont have a cms ... it only text in form of shtml ... so i think ...
16:28 yes
16:29 but lets investigate that for the next meeting ...
16:29 unmadindu ok - then we might be able to cook up some scripts to do it
16:29 sounds fine
16:30 dogi #topic look into new laptop.org page if it is translatable by pootle
16:30 ups
16:30 #action look into new laptop.org page if it is translatable by pootle
16:31 #topic upgrade awk to 4GB
16:32 the ram is under way ...
16:32 so when it will arrive i ll need to shutdown awk
16:33 unmadindu, is that a problem when i will shutdown awk by a 5min notice?
16:33 unmadindu nope - no issues
16:33 dogi thx
16:34 #topic vig.test.laptop.org wiki for VIG
16:34 #link http://vig.test.laptop.org
16:36 unmadindu, can u move the docs to http://18.85.47.126/wiki/index[…]on=edit&redlink=1
16:36 unmadindu dogi: will do
16:36 dogi is slowly moving all Machine docus to the new wiki
16:37 unmadindu dogi: btw - it does not seem to be password protected
16:37 dogi but maybe some help could be fine
16:37 what?
16:38 please don t copy passwd there
16:38 unmadindu dogi: what I mean't was, for example http://18.85.47.126/wiki/index[…]p/Machine:vm_test is accessible to all. do we want that ?
16:38 dogi http://18.85.47.126/wiki/index[…]vm_test&section=2
16:39 mysql root password: [https://spreadsheets.google.co[…]z75FfdCeODA&hl=en inventory]
16:39 i copied the passwd to a google doc where only trusted persons have access ...
16:40 should we enable passwds there?
16:40 unmadindu might be a good idea
16:40 dogi passwd on the new wiki?
16:40 hhardy, ?
16:41 hhardy I think is good idea
16:42 dogi #action passwd protection on new vig.laptop.org
16:42 that remembers me
16:42 #action dns for vig.laptop.org
16:43 is there anything to add?
16:44 #topic update of W91/migration
16:44 me is still waiting for ram
16:45 and for weka i started (tonight) 2 new VM on owl
16:46 firmware and sguid2
16:46 which right now are on weka and have to move away ...
16:47 so that weka is upgradeable to 16gb
16:47 and bridging for VM can be enabled
16:49 #topic 2 facing meeting service improvements
16:49 CanoeBerry ASIDE: plz "/query CanoeBerry" regarding RT upgrade, now or in upcoming days, thanks!
16:49 dogi hi CanoeBerry
16:51 tonight i start to move the old meeting log to meeting.laptop.org/old/
16:51 hhardy why?
16:52 dogi and experimented with the bot scripts for having sl.o better supported
16:52 meeting.laptop.org was very slow
16:53 hhardy so where are they moving to?
16:53 dogi http://meeting.laptop.org/old/olpc-admin/
16:53 hhardy slow in doing what?
16:53 I mean where will the logs be now?
16:53 the new ones
16:54 dogi the new ones are there a usual
16:54 a = as
16:54 hhardy I don't understand how moving the logs to another directory will help
16:55 dogi and it was slow cause there was more then 200 files to parse
16:55 hhardy to parse?
16:55 what is parsing them?
16:55 dogi indexing?
16:55 that is an apache service
16:56 which is done on the fly
16:56 no caching
16:57 hhardy a better solution might be to have a cron job generate an index.html, or turn off fancy indexing
16:57 dogi but what i wanted to say ... started and it is not finished right now
16:57 jupp maybe will u do that
16:58 more next week ... i ll think about the cron script hhardy
16:59 hhardy ok
16:59 dogi is there an other thing i should think about?
17:00 hhardy maybe automagically make a new directory every month so it doesnt get too big
17:01 tyhe index loads instantly for me jsut now... no perceptable delay
17:01 dogi hmm ok
17:02 i think that is a good solution ....
17:02 by the way
17:03 the usage of meeting is slowy increasing ...
17:03 hhardy nod
17:03 dogi dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200810 | wc -l
17:03 20
17:03 dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200811 | wc -l
17:03 32
17:03 dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200812 | wc -l
17:03 34
17:03 dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200901 | wc -l
17:03 24
17:03 dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200902 | wc -l
17:03 40
17:03 dogi@meeting:/home/www/meeting$ ls | grep 200903 | wc -l
17:03 20
17:03 only over christmas .... :P
17:04 and new year ...
17:04 hhardy and most of us being fired
17:04 dogi oooooohhhhh
17:05 #topic reuben spam/barracuda
17:05 reubencaron hello
17:06 dogi hi reubencaron
17:06 reubencaron so what is the probelm
17:06 filtering to rt?
17:07 hhardy basically cjl is tired of rejecting thousands of rt spams and would rather do something more interesting
17:07 dogi first right now nobody of us has access to barracuda
17:07 jupp hhardy that is second
17:08 reubencaron which list?
17:09 hhardy help queue principally
17:09 reubencaron okay
17:09 is this help@laptop.org?
17:10 hhardy unless it has been changed
17:10 reubencaron i doubt it
17:10 okay so im going to bounce help@laptop.org through gmail so it passes there filters before going into rt
17:11 any objections
17:11 excellent
17:11 their*
17:11 hhardy canoeberry: that ok by you?
17:11 make sure holt is ok with this I suggest
17:12 dogi #topic reuben bounce help@laptop.org through gmail
17:12 #action reuben bounce help@laptop.org through gmail
17:12 hhardy reuben: ed told me last week he was going to try to get access to the barracuda for him and you
17:12 did he?
17:12 reubencaron i was in colombia last week and have not spoke to him about it this week
17:13 he has been in meetings all day
17:13 dogi #topic new business
17:14 hmmm then
17:14 #endmeeting

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster