Web   ·   Wiki   ·   Activities   ·   Blog   ·   Lists   ·   Chat   ·   Meeting   ·   Bugs   ·   Git   ·   Translate   ·   Archive   ·   People   ·   Donate

#ole, 2012-02-29

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

All times shown according to UTC.

Time Nick Message
12:15 meeting Meeting started Wed Feb 29 12:15:25 2012 UTC. The chair is dogi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:15 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:15 dogi ping chrowe
12:15 #topic meeting bot indymedia test
12:16 #link http://ole.org/
12:16 #help
12:16 #info this is a test
12:17 #idea setup http://meeting.ole.org
12:17 #info like
12:18 #link http://meeting.treehouse.su/treehouse/
12:18 omen #agreed
12:18 dogi #action set meeting html part
12:19 #endmeeting
12:19 meeting Meeting ended Wed Feb 29 12:19:00 2012 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
12:19 Minutes: http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/o[…]-29T12:15:25.html
12:19 Log:     http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/o[…]12-02-29T12:15:25
12:41 Meeting started Wed Feb 29 12:41:03 2012 UTC. The chair is dogi. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
12:41 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
12:41 dogi #addchair omen
12:41 omen #topic test
12:42 #link http://meeting.treehouse.su/ole/
12:42 #endmeeting
12:42 dogi #chair omen
12:42 meeting Current chairs: dogi omen
12:42 omen #topic test
12:42 #link http://meeting.treehouse.su/ole/
12:42 #endmeeting
12:42 meeting Meeting ended Wed Feb 29 12:42:47 2012 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
12:42 Minutes: http://meeting.treehouse.su/ol[…]-29T12:41:03.html
12:42 Log:     http://meeting.treehouse.su/ol[…]12-02-29T12:41:03
13:11 Meeting started Wed Feb 29 13:11:28 2012 UTC. The chair is omen. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:11 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
13:11 omen #topic meeting.ole.org test
13:12 #link http://meeting.ole.org/ole/
13:12 #endmeeting
13:12 meeting Meeting ended Wed Feb 29 13:12:10 2012 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
13:12 Minutes: http://meeting.ole.org/ole/mee[…]-29T13:11:28.html
13:12 Log:     http://meeting.ole.org/ole/mee[…]12-02-29T13:11:28
19:19 Meeting started Wed Feb 29 19:19:05 2012 UTC. The chair is chr. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:19 Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #endmeeting
19:19 dogi #chair dogi
19:20 chr dogi: is there a way to list the topics we are going to talk about?
19:20 #topic - Laptop status
19:20 dogi chr, type #chair dogi
19:20 then I can show you
19:21 chr #chair dogi
19:21 meeting Current chairs: chr dogi
19:21 chr #topic - how to use the meeting bot
19:21 dogi i normally start with ... #agenda but this next first meeting bot
19:22 #link http://meeting.ole.org/ole/
19:22 #info is the public http part of the meeting bot system
19:23 #link http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html#commands
19:23 #info are the most common irc meeting bot commands
19:24 the actual meeting is live ...
19:24 http://meeting.ole.org/ole/2012-02-29#i_2724041
19:25 chr, is that enough?
19:25 #topic agenda
19:26 * desktop schoolbell
19:26 * laptop schoolbell
19:26 * ghanalite status
19:26 chr * try setup without BOA
19:27 * regular meeting time
19:27 dogi :)
19:28 chr * What needs to get done before we can send something to Ghana
19:28 dogi * tools for ghana
19:28 chr * who else can help us
19:29 I think that is good for now
19:29 dogi :)
19:30 one topic you the next me? select the first one ...
19:30 chr are we just going down the list...
19:31 dogi :)
19:31 sure
19:31 chr or should I pick something I can report on?
19:31 shaneonabike <shaneonabike!~shaneonab@koumbit.org> has joined #ole
19:31 dogi chr, yes
19:32 chr #topic Regular meeting time
19:32 dogi :)
19:32 chr shaneonabike: Is there a time that works for you?
19:32 dogi meeting about meeting :P
19:32 meeting dogi: Error: "about" is not a valid command.
19:33 chr I was thinking Wednesdays at 1pm
19:33 for an hour
19:33 dogi +1
19:33 chr Lets agree on that until others can weigh in
19:34 dogi #agree
19:34 should I go with the next?
19:35 chr #agreed Weekly irc meetings, Wednesday at 1pm eastern time
19:35 dogi: how does the agree/agreed thing work?
19:36 shaneonabike has quit IRC
19:36 chr is there a man page for the meeting bot?
19:37 dogi http://meetbot.debian.net/Manual.html#commands
19:38 chr ok, good
19:38 your turn :)
19:38 dogi chr, there so many commands I have never used ...
19:38 #topic desktop schoolbell status
19:39 schoolbell is booting perfect
19:39 both boaVM and egranaryVM
19:40 tested only in offline situation ...
19:40 chr, can you help me with the usb/4G stick?
19:41 chr yes
19:41 after this meeting
19:42 #action chr will help dogi get the usb modem working
19:42 dogi #action chr dogi - usb/4G stick activation
19:42 bingo :)
19:42 chr can we delete actions?
19:44 #undo
19:44 meeting Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0x293ded0>
19:44 dogi huhu
19:45 is impressed
19:45 chr #topic laptop schoolbell status
19:46 dogi so
19:46 where do I start there ...
19:46 I have completed:
19:47 upgrade to 8GB RAM and tested the new RAM
19:48 shaneonabike <shaneonabike!~shaneonab@koumbit.org> has joined #ole
19:48 dogi copied our schoolbell harddrive
19:48 shaneonabike has left #ole
19:48 dogi setup up the usb egranary drives and tested them on our desktop system
19:49 turned on the UPS system
19:50 to the bad news now ...
19:50 the system boots but I have X11 problems
19:50 so what I can do is boot into recovery mode
19:51 chr dogi: what is the laptop model?
19:51 dogi and from there into the root shell
19:51 HP Pavilion G7
19:52 moment bios is telling me more ...
19:53 chr http://askubuntu.com/questions[…]p-pavilion-g7-not
19:54 dogi HP Pavilion G7-1671
19:55 sudo apt-get install fglrx
19:55 maybe that is the problem
19:55 have to say I did not install the system there ...
19:56 I cloned our desktop version
19:56 and maybe laptop support is missing
19:57 chr, my problem there is more what to do first ...
19:57 try to fresh install new ubuntu ...
19:57 or fix the actual clone
19:59 chr not sure
20:00 In the log run, having a scripted install would be best but for now it is up to you what will be best/quickest
20:01 dogi http://superuser.com/questions[…]op-mode-on-ubuntu
20:02 X11 screen blanking
20:03 maybe they mean the same ...
20:03 chr any chance something like http://eggsonbread.com/2010/01[…]n-3-simple-steps/ would work?
20:04 dogi chr, ty
20:05 #action dogi: solve X11 booting problem
20:06 chr it looks like laptop-mode-tools would be a good place to start
20:06 shaneonabike <shaneonabike!~shaneonab@koumbit.org> has joined #ole
20:06 shaneonabike has left #ole
20:06 dogi next topic
20:06 ???
20:06 chr #topic ghanalite status
20:07 I am waiting for Shane and/or Omega8 to help
20:07 Without them we could:
20:07 * Try cloning nell.ole.org
20:08 * Try installing Drupal without BOA
20:08 * Try upgrading BOA
20:09 dogi: you should get the laptop working and then we can decide if you should work on some of these
20:09 dogi ok
20:10 we should maybe list the problems we have ...
20:10 by our type of migration
20:11 chr I will find the ticket
20:12 #link https://ole-apps.sourcerepo.co[…]e/ole/issues/1040
20:13 chr_ <chr_!~chr@yrxpxzqod.media.mit.edu> has joined #ole
20:13 chr_ I killed my browser
20:13 dogi #chair chr_
20:13 meeting Current chairs: chr chr_ dogi
20:14 chr_ is there a way to get chr to log out?
20:15 dogi #unchair chr
20:15 meeting Current chairs: chr chr_ dogi
20:16 chr_ #agreed dogi will work on laptop and then look into other Drupal options
20:16 chr has quit IRC
20:17 chr_ dogi: what topics do we have left?
20:17 dogi #topic tools for ghana
20:18 so we send them:
20:18 a laptop
20:18 2 usb drives with eg1 and eg2
20:19 and two schoolbell drives
20:19 chr_ video tutorials?
20:19 dogi UPS
20:19 chr_ no UPS
20:19 too heavy and I don't think it will work on 220v
20:20 dogi ok
20:20 the USB/station for cloning drives
20:20 chr_ What about a backup drive
20:20 dogi two schoolbell drives
20:20 chr_ maybe one for each system
20:21 so we have a current backup of the system if it crashes, with their work on it
20:22 dogi hmmm
20:22 chr_, we have 3x 500GB drives ...
20:23 and maybe the one they have is still working
20:23 chr_ dogi: you think the drive works, just the data was corrupted?
20:24 dogi -> 3(4) drives of 500GB and 2(4) drives of 2TB
20:24 maybe
20:25 but you are right the drives looked on working at all ... but it is under warrenty
20:25 so if they are able to get replacement ...
20:26 ups s/on/not
20:26 chr_ #action ask Leonard to test the drive and see if he can get it replaced under warranty if its not working
20:26 dogi hopes he is not too cryptic :)
20:27 chr_ #undo
20:27 meeting Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0x294f090>
20:27 chr_ #action chr_ ask Leonard to test the drive and see if he can get it replaced under warranty if its not working
20:27 dogi what should we put onto the usb sticks ...
20:28 chr_ Edubuntu installers?
20:28 dogi edubuntu64 and 32
20:28 chr_ our VMs?
20:29 can we burn them to DVD?
20:30 dogi wants leonard to have something to fix/test broken linuxes
20:30 the problem is there are so many
20:30 ... and edubuntu is none of them ...
20:31 DVD hmm
20:31 eg3ole is 12GB
20:31 boa no so big ...
20:32 but 9.x GB
20:33 chr_ Maybe we need 2 more usb drives for backup and we can put stuff on those
20:34 dogi +1
20:34 chr_ #action chr_ will get 2 USB backup drives, one for each BeLL system
20:34 anything else?
20:36 dogi: should I start the next topic?
20:36 dogi is there an other topic?
20:36 chr_ #topic Who else can help us
20:36 dogi ohhh
20:36 chr_ I have reached out to:
20:36 dogi this one
20:37 cool
20:37 chr_ Koumbit, to get them on a regular weekly schedule
20:37 Omega8 to see if they can help
20:37 dogi perfect :)
20:38 chr_ A local Drupal shop that works on "Digital Libraries" https://www.isovera.com/conten[…]d-digital-library
20:39 Another local Drupal developer who I will talk with tomorrow, not sure of his skills
20:40 I am also planning on reaching out to the guy who started http://drupal.org/project/quickstart
20:41 I have met him a few times and he might have some insights on Virtualbox stuff as well as Drupal
20:42 dogi #idea inviting them into our weekly meeting
20:43 chr_ yes
20:43 #action chr_ will invite potential collaborators to our weekly meeting
20:43 #topic What needs to get done before we can send something to Ghana
20:44 Working hardware: Laptop, 2 Desktop drives, 2 eGranary drives, 2 backup drives.
20:44 Working Systems: Edubuntu, eGranary, Library
20:45 Working Ghanalite: Upload file, cron runs
20:46 Nice to have: new theme, migrate content
20:46 dogi: I think that is it
20:46 dogi :) yes think so too ...
20:47 chr_ #endmeeting
20:47 meeting Meeting ended Wed Feb 29 20:47:17 2012 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot. (v 0.1.4)
20:47 Minutes: http://meeting.ole.org/ole/mee[…]-29T19:19:05.html
20:47 Log:     http://meeting.ole.org/ole/mee[…]12-02-29T19:19:05

Index | Today     Channels | Search | Join

Powered by ilbot/Modified.
Webmaster